STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Èire] Message to The Nations of the World

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
From Sean Cosgrave, Irish Minister of Defense
To The Nation's of The World

Ladies and Gentlemen,

At this point in time the defense forces of The Republic of Ireland (Èire) find themselves in a position of grave uncertainty due to the non-existence of a domestic arms industry capable of provising the men in uniform of this nation in a manner appropriate for combat on the field of battle putting Ireland and her people at risk in an ever changing world. As Ireland's minister of defense, it has come to my attention that the defense forces the army in particular have requested a shipment of assault rifles as soon as possible. Those wishing to meet the needs of those responsible for the protection of Irish sovereignty and constitutionalism do please feel free to contact my office.

Thank You!

@ModernNations

Last edited:

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted
________________________________________________________________________________________

Message to: Sean Cosgrave, Irish Minister of Defense
Message from: Juan Manuel Cauteruccio, Minister of Defence of the Argentine Republic

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Minister Cosgrave,
I would like to invite you to Buenos Aires for an official visit in order to discuss future bilateral cooperation between Argentina and Ireland. Our intention is to cooperate with the mdoernization and expansion of the irish armed forces.

Sincerely yours,

Juan Manuel Cauteruccio
Minister of Defence
Argentine Republic

@Dragon

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Encrypted by the Brazilian Cyber Defense Agency

Message to: Sean Cosgrave, Irish Minister of Defense
Message From: Oscar DeSilva, Brazilian Defense Minister

Greetings Minister Cosgrove,

I am currently in Europe in France at the moment an could meet you within just a few hours. Brazil has our own indigenous arms industry, especially in small arms, IFV's and APC's as well as Naval equipment, and especially MLRS, rocket propelled artillery, aircraft.

I will fax you over some specs on some of our equipment.

IMBEL MD97 Assault Rifle

Taurus Millennium series

IMBEL .308 AGLC Sniper Rifle

This next weapon is very important

Brazilian-made MSS 1.2 is one of the most powerful missiles in its class

As is the next:

VBMT-LR - Multirole Armoured Vehicle

This vehicle can be used by Police, special ops, or even modified for heavy urban combat. It can employ a 12.7 MG or a 40mm grenade launcher, all remote-controlled from inside the vehicle. We currently have over 125 on the ground operations now on a mission in Africa.

As an added bonus, I believe we can build factories in Ireland that can produce these weapons on Irish soil, creating Irish jobs, and as each new improvement of each weapon system comes down the line, the factories will stay open. Especially if you also take into account ammunition factories and reapir facilites.

Weapons systems that cannot be made on Irish soil we will make sure you get a discount on like APC's and aircraft.

So, when would you like to meet, Minister Cosgrave?

I look forward to your reply.

Brazilian MLRS Rocket Salvo

Yours, Oscar Desilva

@Dragon

Last edited:

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Encryptedand Encoded

From Sean Cosgrave, Minister of Defense of The Republic of Ireland (Èire)

To Oscar DeSilva, Brazilian Defense Minister

Greeting, Mr. DeSilva, My government would like to thank you for having contacting me as soon as you did. The Defense Forces of The Republic seem to be in a state dire straits on matters of armourment. A few months ago, I tried contacting the Turks and Russians for a shipment of arms managing to obtain a minimum suitable for a least the reservist section of the army only to witness production halted in Turkey and silence in Russia much to the dismay of myself and my colleagues. With regards to the meeting I would be more than happy to meet you at the airport in Dublin if you have the time before heading back to Brazil.

Sincerely,
Gerald Monahan, Minister of Defense of The Republic of Ireland (Èire)

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Secret Message by Brazilian Encrypted by the Cyber Security Agency

From Sean Cosgrave, Minister of Defense of The Republic of Ireland (Èire)
To Oscar DeSilva, Brazilian Defense Minister

I will make my way to Dublin immediately. I will take Route JN>IO, flying an Executive Jet 1000.

We can also discuss the (AEW&C) Embraer R-99 and its variants.

I am taking off now soon. Talk to you in a few hours.

O.D.S.

@Dragon

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Oscar DeSilva arrives at Dublin airport with four unarmed bodyguards and an assistant. He is carrying a laptop, that has slides and videos.

On his encrypted phone, DeSilva calls ahead to Minister Cosgrove to tell him has arrived in Dublin and will come to the Department of Defence without fanfare, saying he wants to keep a low profile.

The Brazilians pick up their rental car, an Audi A3, and make their way to the Irish Department of Defence, following Google Maps. When they reach Newbridge, County Kildare, Minister DeSilva calls Minister Cosgrove's personal line.

The encrypted phone call rings when it is picked up Minister DeSilva syas, "Hello, Minister Cosgrove, this is Minister DeSilva. We are about five minutes away from the DOD. Expect us shortly."

@Dragon

Last edited:

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Over an encrypted line, Minister Cosgrave, would respond accordingly "greetings, Mr. DeSilva...welcome to Ireland...me and my colleagues are expecting you very soon." He said cheerfully.

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Minister DeSilva's Audi arrives at the Department of Defence's main gate. He rolls his window down from the backset of the car and says, "I am defence Minister DeSilva of Brazil. I am here to see Minister Cosgrove."

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The guards would open the gates and allow DeSilva to pass through. "Mr. Cosgrove is expecting you. Do please proceed on through if you will."

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
" I thank you, sir, Minister DeSilva says as he salutes as the Audi makes it way to the from his car.

He makes his way towards the entrance where he sees Minister Cosgrove. He and his team wave and get out. When they are close enough for handshakes and salutes they do so.

Minister DeSilva says, "Minister Cosgrove. I am excited to be working with you and would like to get settled down as quickly as possible so we can go over these weapons systems ASAP. Do you have a working room, that has an overhead projector, that I can use for a power point and videos and such? And also where we can speak privately amongst you and your senior, staff?"

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"Mr. DeSilva, it is a pleasure to meet you and finally get down to business. At the moment, we do have a working projector located in the conference room feel free to use it as you see fit. As for private discussions I do have a office in the back which is secure." he said politely. "Might I interest you in a cup of tea and a cigar?"

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
He shakes hand with the Defense Minister, "Likewise, and yes, let's get down to business. I am really looking forward to showing you our military hardware. I would like to use the conference room with the overhead projector. i would like to have as much input from all of your military branches. And, I'll definitely take a cigar, but since I am in Ireland, about about a glass of Jameson, on the rocks."

In the conference room, Minister DeSilva slips an encrypted USB stick into a computer on the screen appears:

1557223428584.png

"I would first like to begin by thanking you for inviting me to Ireland and giving Brazil the opportunity to present what we believe will be a major boost to your overall defensive preparedness.

As I mentioned to Minister Cosgrove earlier, we believe our small arms including the Taurus PT92 Pistol, the SMT-9 Sub Machine Gun, the IMBEL IA2 Assault Rifle and it variants should be built in factories on Irish soil, replete with Maintenance facilities. Factories should be built as well for the 9mm rounds needs for both the Taurus pistol and SMT sub machine gun and the 5.56 NATO round for the IMBEL IA2 assault rifle.

This will create temporary jobs for construction workers and permanent jobs for factory workers producing the weapons and ammunition.

For this we ask a payment of one billion dollars for exporting the technology, and sharing blueprints in how to build and maintain the factories and produce the actual weapons themselves, as well as the ammo.

You will have complete Domestic Production Rights and we can negotiate payment plans."

Minister DeSilva takes a puff on his cigar and takes a sip of his Jameson.

"Damn, that's nice.

The next military piece is one of our crown jewels, the VBMT-LR.

VBMT-LR Multi-Purpose Vehicle. You can see the specs for yourselves. It is a modular vehicle. You can arm it with a 12.7mm Machine gun or a 40mm Auto-Grenade launcher that is fired from the inside of the vehicle so that no soldier is exposed to gunfire. The basic vehicle could be used for police, or regular units or special forces.

It can be up-armoured as well for military combat in urban environments. The floor is made of steel and and has ceramic coating for a higher level of protection against mine blasts and improvised explosive devices.

Minister DeSilva, pauses takes a sip of his Jameson. "Please, excuse me. I am a bit parched."

He would then continue.

"The VBMT-LR goes for 332,000 a piece. On the market it goes up at at least 30% of that."

He then goes to the next slide.

The VBTP-MR Guarani APC has 9 passengers, or two squads, and also sports a 30 mm MK44 Bushmaster II as its main armament. It has various variants, communications, ambulance, etc.

Here you can see it in action.
VBTR-MR

The VBTR-MR goes for 2.900.000."

Mr. DeSilva takes a break from his speech. He grabs the cigar from the ashtray and takes another mighty puff from it. Minister DeSilva sips his Jameson and almost looks ready for a refill.

"After me droning on forever, I'll give you guys a rest and take questions."

@Dragon

Last edited:

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Cosgrove seemed quite impressed by the presentation and the wealth of information given by DeSilva. "Mr. DeSilva, Your Excellency would you care to join me and my colleagues in the garden for tea?" Also, might I say that the presentation really blew my mind, the ample opportunities presented by this deal will kickstart the economy of Èire and allow for her protection." He said politely in a brogue native to his home county of Mayo.

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I most certainly will, and may I remind you that that these are just the first items on the table. I cannot wait to get started."

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
Cosgrove chuckled lightly. "Looks as though thinks are about to get interesting." He said cheerfully. "The army is going to love this."

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Oh, yes they will. As mentioned earlier, we have the Astros MLRS and its many variants. The Astros 2020 also is capable of firing a cruise missile with a range of 300km, so a battery of four Astros 2020's each firing four AV-TM 300 rockets would reek havoc on any opponent on the battlefield. Not to mention what it could it do enemy strongholds or capitals. The missile can use a single warhead of 200 kg of high explosive or cluster munition warhead with 64 submunitions for anti-personnel or anti-tank targets.

The Astros 2020 goes for 4 million a piece.

We can also offer to make for you the Hermes 450 that would help you defend your coasts from invasion and keep a chokehold on the Northern Territories. If all goes well with this deal we will just send you 100 Hermes 450's on the spot now. No charge."

DeSilva's phone starts to buzz and when he takes it out of his pocket he looks down at the message, apologizes for the interruption and then says, "Penny for your thoughts?"

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"It seems as though, I am lost for words at what I'm hearing...I would be more than happy to acquire all the specified military hardware." He said still shocked by what he was seeing.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Minister Cosgrove, we have just ticked the iceberg. As I said, the 100 Hermes 450's are on the house. How much would you like to purchase of the aforementioned items? Let's draw up a plan and then move onto Air Force and Naval acquisitions. And would you formally agree to purchasing DPR rights for our small arms weapons systems and sending the 1 billion dollars to Brazil? Then we can begin construction on the sites and have the plants up and running in six months time. In the meantime, we will just ship you small-arms we already have in stock."

@Dragon

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"So I see...regarding the forementioned items for sale a purchase shall soon be made. I would gladly purchase the DPR rights in order to acquire said weapon systems asap." He took a sip of tea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien