STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

1st Nahles Bundeskabinett (2012–2016) Quarterly Summit: June, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
Andrea Nahles and the currently-seated Bundeskabinett arrived at the Reich Chancellery to discuss matters both internal and external with the German Reich on the 15th of June, 2013 at the Quarterly Bundeskabinett Summit on General Affairs. The primary matters of discussion and debate include:
  • Discussion on progress on the rearmament, training, and restructuring of the new Armed Forces as presented by Federal Defence Minister Peter Nickel
  • Discussions on the Federal Budget and Financial situation of the German Reich
  • Debate on the matter of German involvement and ambassadorship to the GA with "outstanding evidence of the disgusting and scatterbrained behavior of the GA", courteously provided by (Former) Ambassador Harald Braun of the GA
  • Opinions on the new form of governance between the Kaiser and Reich Chancellor, as well as the relatively new Constitution
  • Discussions regarding the rapidly-deteriorating situation in France with the Yellow Vests & the Foreign Relations nightmare that Brazil and the European Continent find themselves in.
  • Debate on the the "Neo Nazi Question" and the implications that banning parties like the NSDAP and NPD would have on Freedom of Speech.
As per federal law, this summit of the Bundeskabinett has been made classified to the general public, with the currently-seated Volksrat unable to attend as observers of the meeting; members currently present, bar Reich Chancellor Andrea Nahles & the Royal Household Minister — who must require the other's consent before disclosing any details — are not permitted to disclose any details regarding this summit. His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Kaiser Friedrich IV, is not able to be present, and is instead represented by Federal Royal Household Minister Celina Kästner. The transcript for this Volume has been translated as best as possible into English from German.

Bundesriegerung

1st Nahles Bundeskabinett (2012–2016)

Quarterly Summit (June, 2013)

Reich Chancellor Andrea Nahles:
Ladies and gentlemen of the 1st Bundeskabinett of the German Reich, I thank you all for coming to our first series of quarterly meetings whilst I hold fasces. As you all should know, we have quite a bit on our agenda today, and I feel that we should be getting through it all as quickly as possible. First on our agenda, discussing on the progress of rearmament, training, and restructuring of the new Armed Forces. Herr Nickel, you have the floor.

Federal Defence Minister Peter Nickel:
Thank you Frau Kanzerlin. The Armed Forces have been going rather steadily for a while now. Generalfeldmarschall Eberhard Zorn and Reichsmarschall Volker Weiker have been hard at work in retraining the new Armed Forces with conscripted citizens of the Reich, as was required in a decree by his Imperial & Royal Majesty and countersigned by Miss Nahles. Production of military equipment has begun on-schedule, though has been delayed due to financial concerns, and the Armed Forces should be up to scratch soon, especially with our Research & Development Project that I greenlit. Are there any questions?

Federal Interior Minister Marvin Kürschner:
Well, regarding conscription, citizens have already begun complaining about the necessary service in the Armed Forces or an alternative service. Many claim to be pacifistic in order to avoid the draft; what is the plan to ensure that draft is avoided?

As of right now, the plan as proposed by my generals has been to ensure that, firstly, you either choose to volunteer earlier, or you will be assigned to a reserve battalion of the Heer. Arrests can and will be made by Federal and Local police forces in cooperation with one-another to ensure that the Federal Law is followed. If people refuse to come, they can be fined, and have their mandatory service extended. Regardless, if people do not wish to fight, then they can apply for an alternative service that benefits the company. It is a Constitutional mandate that many Germans will be familiar with prior to the Federal Republic's decision to revoke conscription temporarily, so I doubt that there will be heavy resistance. It's a change in lifestyle that everyone has to live with, and that the Volksrat itself okayed unanimously, since woman are only volunteers and conscription only goes to Army reserves.

And of the matter of rearmament. What financial limitations are currently delaying the rearmament process?

The fact that Herr Matthias came to me personally and stated the limitations of our current budget on military expenditure. After the next tax period in July, we will be able to add more to our Armed Forces, and eventually, begin military research projects funded by the State for Reichland Defence to undertake.

Federal Financial Minister Matthias Hierl:
The companies...do they know their purpose as of the moment?

Thankfully, no. His Majesty was incredibly explicit on ensuring that the companies did not know of the transaction between Ottoman Turkey and the German Reich. Regardless, I will permit one final question for Minister Nickel before we move onto the next subject...

Right; well, next on our agenda for this meeting, the Federal Budget and the Financial situation. I hope all is going well?

We have begun the repayment of our debt to the Turkish government, and have spent a total of almost five-billion US dollars this month alone. I feel that we could be doing better on our financial saving, especially after the winter in 2012.

Federal Health, Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Minister Gabriela Möller:
I can agree with Herr Matthias. The agricultural sector could certainly use improvement in funding, given that it is dealing with the aftermath of the winter, with later-growing crops, to the point where most of our imports are in food for our citizens. Local governments have reported at least a 20% increase in the price of foodstuffs and agricultural goods; I feel that it'd be a necessity to at least save a little bit.

Now hold on, the fact of the matter is that the German military absolutely needs to stand back up on its feet, now that we actually are on-schedule. I do believe that the price of foodstuffs and agricultural goods is a little high, but I think that can easily be remedied, so long as we are careful about how much of our budget for the next month we spend. I can ensure that at least one division of the German Army is up to half-strength by the end of the quarter in August, so long as I have proper funding.

Fair enough. At least we can ensure that both sides are met. Are we all in agreement?

Unanimous "Aye" vote

Then that permits us to move onto our next subject matter: the matter of the Global Assembly, and the German Reich's involvement with it, as presented by Federal Foreign Minister Jürke. You have the floor Minister; please understand that whatever we decide here does not leave this room until both I and the Royal Household convene privately on the matter with the Volksrat.

Federal Foreign Affairs Minister Karsten Jürke:
Thank you, Frau Kanzlerin. And yes, I do understand the damage that our decisions here could cause to the international community. I wish to go on record stating that I do believe that Ambassador Harald Braun, our 'permanent' representative to the Assembly, was right to defend not only himself, but another country whose name was being slandered by a hypocritical delegation who avoided the topic at hand in what I can only assume was an attempt to cause a scene; however, I absolutely put Mr. Braun at fault for the matter of losing his composure and resolving himself to use insults and derogatory statements to describe the mentioned delegation and their own state. I have, for the moment, suspended his privileges to discuss at the General Assembly, and have put one Frau Sonja Seifried in charge of duties of representing the State in affairs at the Global Assembly at a time when we may have to return to it.

And of his evidence? What has his 'evidence' convinced you to do regarding our standing with the Global Assembly.

I have apologized on behalf of the German Reich to the General Secretary, and have turned in a temporary leave of absence while we discuss on the matter of remaining with the Global Assembly. As we all know, the Turkish ambassador, Hakim Usta, has come forwards with a proposition for us that could provide an alternative to the Global Assembly, as well as ISAF. This alternative, coined as 'the Iron Ring' by Mister Usta himself, has the potential implication of conflicting views with the General Assembly and, therefore, it is my suggestion that we eventually leave the Assembly at some point.

You suggest we toss away international law and our potential relations with other nations Minister? I warn you, that can be a dangerous thing to suggest.

It is also dangerous to remain in an organization that, as quoted by Mister Braun, 'is more intent on allowing nations to slowly, but surely strip away the sovereignty of independent nations for the purposes of setting up the dream of peace and prosperity within the world'. After what I have seen from the evidence he has provided, I can only assume that the Global Assembly has its own agenda that does not align with Germany's interests, or has its hopes and dreams at heart as it does other nations. I am not suggesting we toss away international law and our potential with other nations, but I am suggesting that we do not take to the desires or interests of others in an effort to keep their prosperity going at our own expense. As the Global Assembly is currently, I feel that it is unfit for the task of supporting Germany as an equal, especially in regards to having yet done nothing in regards to the Nigerian delegation that so vehemently slandered and defamed our nation. The Iron Ring provides an alternative, as we know Frau Kanzerlin. We do not have to decide now, but I feel that, as soon as we gain more members of the Iron Ring, that we can more easily work to forge an international law that works to the benefit of all parties.

You make a fantastic point, Herr Karsten. I will keep it in mind. What do you think Frau Kästner?

Federal Royal Household Minister Celina Kästner
I do not think that I am most qualified for such an important decision. Even if my voice is that of His Majesty in this scenario, I do not think it would be right to make the decision without His Majesty's input. That being said, Minister Jürke makes several very good points that all strike a chord with me. However, I would rather we wait until you gain a response from the General Assembly Secretariat, or we risk, how the Americans say, 'jumping the gun'?

You also make an excellent point Minister Kästner? What do the rest of you believe?

I do not think that it truly matters. Ambassador Braun made us look the fool at the Global Assembly either way. I say that we let bygones be bygones, and just not mind the Nigerian delegation and their admittedly rude comments, or the fact that they seemed to take personal enjoyment at taking jabs at our own expense.

Well, the implications of that are similar to the appeasement strategy used by the Chamberlain administration during the years of the Third Reich. I do not think that we should appease a nation that has the audacity to refer to us as imperialists, even though we have not advocated for an expanding imperium. We are more akin to the United Kingdom than some imperialist warmongering state like Brazil.

Federal Education Minister Joachim Gossens:
As history has always taught us, to the victor go the spoils. I would say that we show the Nigerians exactly what it means to be an imperialist country!

Federal Justice Minister Rainer Balzer:
Now hold on Herr Gossens, you're forgetting what His Majesty and, ultimately, the German people want here; we cannot, and must not, be the cause of another war in Europe.

Now listen Minister, I do not find that I agree with that sentiment. We cannot allow ourselves to be pushed around by other nations like we are the Federal Republic of Germany! The only way that we can get them to respect us to go the way of Wilhelm II and Hitler, and make them remember that we are not to be trifled with like some common mongrel!

However you became Minister for Education is beyond me...

Alright, enough! Let us take a brief recess, recollect our thoughts, re-read the minutes, and move onto the next topic of discussion. You have 15 minutes. Leave this room, grab a drink, calm yourselves. We are here to merely discuss minutes, not debate like we are the Reichstag.

The Bundeskabinett is taking a brief recess.

Last edited:

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
Note that this entire session takes place prior to the 48 hour notice regarding Brazil's diplomats being up.

The Bundeskabinett has returned from its brief recess to continue discussions and any votes that it may need to do.

Welcome back everybody. I hope we are all calmed and ready to continue on the current discussion?

Unanimous "yeses" and similar.

Alright then. Let us continue from where we left off. Minister Jürke, you have the floor again.

Thank you, your Excellency; From what we understand, the Iron Ring will be able to provide framework for legal contracts that do act as international law, while still retaining the sovereignty of the nation. The Global Assembly has proven itself rather ineffective in dealing with countries that wish to be belligerent to one-another for their own benefit, allowing delegations like that of the Nigerians to slander and defame us without consequence, countries like Brazil to continue with unprofessional and crude remarks about its fellow nations, and delegations like the Italian and Argentinian ones to attempt to pass laws that seem to threaten the sovereignty of other nations. I feel that we should absolutely remove ourselves from the Global Assembly and seek out potential allies that wish to be more independent and sovereign, especially seeing as the General Assembly Secretariat has chosen not to respond to the message I had sent to them.

Various mumbles and murmurs between Cabinet members

Hmm...very well. I will consider our options carefully with His Majesty, and decide on the Global Assembly after this summit. You have convinced me of the evidence being more than enough to warrant our potential removal from the Global Assembly and its affairs. Thank you for your time, Minister Jürke. Now, regarding our next subject, I would like to ask on what the general consensus is on the new means of governance, and whether or not it is as effective, less effective, or more effective than the governments of the 4th Reich Era.

I can say that I find the means of governance more effective in the long and short term. With the Reich Chancellor and Kaiser making the major executive decisions, and us allowed free reign over our policies unless specified otherwise by either Frau Kanzerlin or His Majesty allows for a more effective government, as we work together to ensure a more stable regime.

Having had to work closely with His Majesty in deciding how the military has to be run is certainly a rather strange change of pace for me personally, I feel that it allows more cooperation, especially in regards to the recent reformations in military structure, and makes the army that much better when more input is provided. That being said, I would not call him a military man, despite his service.

I can say that his authority certainly helps on matters that require more effectiveness, such as matters regarding internal policy and external policy. However, I would say that he lets morals cloud his mind more than allowing the law to run its course.

I would disagree Minister Kürschner; his Imperial & Royal Majesty has a very well-tuned understanding of justice, and the law. By extension, I would say that he is more than capable of fighting a legal battle without need for a lawyer to represent him in most scenarios, as he makes it very clear what is legal and what is not. I would say that he does prioritize morality over the law in some cases where it is necessary to think of the moral implications, but that is not a weakness, nor is it a bad thing.

His Majesty, in my opinion, is not fit to govern a modern democracy. He clings to ideas that are rather antiquated and outdated, even by our standards today, and does not actively act as a politician does. He is hopelessly optimistic at best, and unfit to be a politician at worst.

Agreements from the Federal Ministers of Labour & Consumer Affairs, Social & Family Affairs, and Transport, Digital Infrastructure, Energy, & Nuclear Safety.

Federal Social & Family Affairs Minister:
I would personally disagree. Under the guidance of His Majesty, social affairs are far less costly. I would say that he does know what he is doing...to an extent. He acts more like a concerned civilian than a politician, which is exactly what we need more of in this government. Less political elitists, and more actual people.

So we are in agreement then? His Majesty is generally enjoyed by our government, but could use more knowledge in the political field?

Unanimous agreement, with some mumbling from those who disagree entirely

Alright then, how does everyone feel that the Constitution is handled, or that I handle my duties as Reich Chancellor?

Unanimous agreement on the Constitution being a well-founded document that has done more good for Germany than Basic Law; majority agreement that Andrea Nahles is far too close to the Kaiser in his decision-making, believing that she should be more strict and less sympathetic, with a minority stating that she is doing just fine.

Fair enough. All of the concerns that have been shown here are valid, and shall be taken into consideration with my next meeting with His Majesty. Our next topic on the table has to do with international affairs. Members of the Reichstag, and representatives of the Länder have come to me with concerns regarding Brazil, their allies, and their next move. According to Minister Jürke, the Brazilian government has chosen to ignore the matter entirely, and with only 11 hours and 40 minutes remaining, I think it should be necessary to discuss on what we could potentially do regarding Brazil, should they not actually reply to our demand.

Well, it's more than clear regarding Brazil that they do not care for the demands and desires of other nations. Their spat with Taiwan and Sweden have proven as much, and hearing news of what happened in Brazil regarding the French, I do not think that they are going to respond to our demand, which poses a massive national security risk, and sets a dangerous precedent with future diplomacy.

The fact that Brazil's belligerence and crude, immature attitude is beginning to insult more and more nations already draws more concerns and, in some cases, parallels to the Reichs of National Socialism, and the idea of Weltpolitik as practiced by Wilhelm II.

Well, I do have an idea regarding Brazil that I was planning to present to His Majesty when the State Security Commission eventually convenes. Why don't we just follow the law to the letter, and arrest them for trespassing on government property? We have given them a public statement after all, so it is on the Brazilians if they do not answer.

But the world already is rather unfriendly to us in regards to our diplomat's actions at the Global Assembly. This would only solidify, in their minds, that we are warmongers.

Nonsense. If there is anything that I was taught for my duties, it was to uphold the law more than the opinion of others. I know all of you can agree very much with this. Frau Kanzlerin, I think that you should consider supporting my idea, since we really have nothing going against us. This entire ordeal needs to prove to Brazil that we do not tolerate bullies. Is that not what we agreed on?

Unanimous agreement between members

You make an excellent point, Minister Kürschner. It is a matter of national security, at that point, if the Brazilians do not answer. I will absolutely support you at the summit when it eventually does occur. Now, before we move onto our final topic, I would like to state for the record that we all here are, in no way, avid supporters of National Socialism, nor do we condone the violent, ultra-nationalistic, hyper-violent mindset that comes with the ideas that National Socialism imposes onto the minds of its supporters. Are we all in agreement about this?

Unanimous agreement from all but the Federal Education Minister, who remained silent.

Now, with that matter agreed on, let us begin our discussion on what we are going to call the "Nazi Question". For a basic premise of this question, let us talk about the recent political climate regarding the Yellow Vests and, to an extent, fascism. With the winter long behind us, and France in the midst of a political revolution, it is clear that we are approaching ours...again. Yellow Vests and many liberal-minded people protest peacefully in the streets of major cities, but then you have what many are referring to as "Nazis". These people are ultra nationalistic and for a stronger government, yes...but like the Yellow Vests, they also want a more liberal government. I would not personally classify them as Nazis, but the recent trend in National Liberalism, as I am going to call it, has called forth the issue in the Reichstag. NPD Party Representatives have orated to the parliament on how, now without censorship and an intense fear of Nazism, that the NSDAP should be allowed to run for the next federal election, essentially legalizing a fascistic and despotic ideology. What are our thoughts on this; should we allow fascistic National Socialism and, by extension, National Liberalism, to run for the next Federal Election?

I would honestly say no...as much as the idea of allowing true freedom of speech again by allowing the NSDAP to return and participate in democratic elections sounds appealing, it also sets a dangerous precedent for European parliaments to do the same. However, unlike us, many of these countries have not had to deal with fascism and its perversion in National Socialism. I do not feel that it would be good to allow ideologies that advocate violence a platform to vote on, especially in countries that have not had to deal with such an ideology's hatred except from the receiving end.

If I may add to Minister Kürschner's point, it also sets a dangerous precedent for our international relations. Our relations are already strained enough as it is thanks to the Battle of Europe and previous regimes...I do not think that allowing them to run as a unified platform would be good for Germany's reputation.

Federal Royal Household Minister Celina Kästner:
I disagree Ministers. Even if the ideology promotes violence, especially in regards to racial superiority, I feel that it is still necessary to understand the problems that they suffer, and are coming from. If we do not provide a platform for them to share their grievances, as ridiculous or as inciteful as they could be, there is no potential way for them to have a say, and we are therefore violating their Constitutional right to freedom of speech and freedom to demonstrate peacefully.

Unfortunately, whilst I would normally agree with Minister Kästner on a matter like this, the fact is that National Socialism is a dangerous ideology for people to follow. Contrary to what Leopold Hertzberg said was going on, it was much like the 1930s again; immense persecution and vehement incitement of violent crime against the Jewish, Black, and Middle Eastern populations, of which many left the country in fear for their lives. Allowing them a platform to further incite violence against these groups would be detrimental to our international reputation, as Minister Jürke had previously stated.

Miss Kästner has a point though, you must all admit. To not allow them to share their grievances would be a rather grave error in judgement, as it is officially a violation of their right to freely speak. Incitement to violence does not become a crime until it actively has major support and demonstration of what "should" be done. In this particular case, the National Socialists and National Liberals are absolutely free to share their opinions and ideology on a platform, but as soon as it starts breaking unalienable rights, such as the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", as the Americans say, it becomes messy to deal with them. I have no doubt that National Liberalism would become illegal, however, given their vehement disgust of National Socialists and other Conservative movements.

He's right.

Federal Social & Family Affairs Minister:
Agreed.

But what of the implications that National Socialism brings by being allowed to potentially run a government again? As soon as a National Socialist is voted by the Reichstag as a candidate for Chancellery, there is the absolute potential that His Majesty would vote in favor of allowing what equates to a violent child running his government. I, for one, would be terrified if I was any Western European, and especially concerned if I was an Eastern European, if Germany suddenly returned to becoming an autocratic police state overnight!.

And this is why the Reichstag does not immediately vote someone into office. It still must go through His Majesty, who I do not doubt is a good judge of character for his country. Furthermore, if he does not accept the three proposed candidates, by federal law, the Volksrat must vote to decide to either put in an interim member of their own ranks into the position, or they must demand that he disband the Reichstag and call for another vote. Usually the prior is more acceptable.

But what if he does? That is the question I am asking. What if he accepts a National Socialist Chancellor for his government?

Then we have no say. As soon as he accepts the Chancellor, it is only in his hands to bring him before the Volksrat and the Federal Constitutional Court, or for the Reichstag to call for a vote of confidence, both of which require reasonable and overwhelming evidence of the Chancellor either overstepping his boundaries on the Federal level or to call his merit in his position into question. Reasonably, there is no way that National Socialists can set back up a dictatorship, nor is there any way that the People themselves, represented by the Volksrat, would allow it.

She has a point, Minister. All in all, we cannot simply expect a dictatorship to come back into power with all of the governmental fail-safes that are present. My concerns are more with our country's reputation, and not necessarily how a National Socialist government could become a megalomaniac-run organization like Adolf Hitler's government, or even Leopold's government.

Which is a fair and just concern, but we should not have to rely on the rest of the world to tell us how we are either good or bad. We should rely on our people to tell us this, and our people alone.

Unanimous murmurs of agreement.

Hmm...I cannot say that I necessarily support the positions of Ministers Kästner and Balzer, but I do respect their courage to speak of what we know to be true: it is the People who decide who our nation is, not our government. Therefore, I will consider sending an advisory notice to the Reichstag Election Committee, all in order to assess our thoughts and concerns on it, but ultimately allowing them to make the final judgement call. Are we all in agreement on this?
Unanimous agreement.

Then, with that topic out of the way, this concludes our quarterly summit for the month of June. Our next summit will be in two months time. You are all dismissed. Long live Sacred Germany.
This concludes the June, 2013 quarterly summit for the 1st Nahles Cabinet. The next summit shall be in August, 2013, along with the next Volksrat selection.

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
NATIONAL ECONOMICSInvoiced
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays