STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

2004 Thai Provincial Election

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
2004 Thai Provincial Election
2004-Provincial-Election-Result.png

On April 4, 2004, the people of Thailand stepped out to fulfill their civic duties, as mandated by the 2003 Constitution. The Thai Rak Thai Party, buoyed by years of strong governance, was expected to dominate the polls again. Meanwhile, the Democrat Party, still reeling from its crushing defeat in the 2003 General Election, made a cautious reentry into the political arena. Their prospects were dampened by their previous missteps in the south during Chuan’s 1998 administration, especially given the shifting demographics and growing Muslim communities there. Ultimately, while Thai Rak Thai reaffirmed its dominance in the political landscape, a new contender, the Green Party, began to capture the public's attention, signaling a potential shift in Thai politics.

Last edited:

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
4k4u-Xlik8p1-V2hs1a2h-Qnspf6-SPkzy-Zzp-JMp1-V2-W8z-CNT9h-WEb-Cg-Ue9v-A1.png

1400 ICT Bangkok, Thailand, Democracy Monument, April 6, 2004
Amidst the bustling hubbub of Bangkok's vibrant streets, the Democracy Monument stood as a beacon, its four wing-like structures embracing a palm-leaf manuscript box safeguarding the essence of Thai democracy since 1932. Swathed in hues of bright red, the monument seemed to pulsate with the fervor of victory, a celebration of the enduring spirit of this remarkable nation and its effervescent people.

In the midst of the throng, where supporters of the Thai Rak Thai party mingled with ardent democrats, banners emblazoned with the faces of their leaders soared high. Among them, a man and a woman ascended the platform before the monument, igniting a wave of excitement and anticipation among the gathered crowd. As cheers reverberated through the air, heralding the arrival of the Thai Prime Minister and the newly appointed Governor of Bangkok, it was a moment charged with significance and promise.

"Alright, my Brothers and Sisters of the Thai Rak Thai! How's the spirit today?" Thaksin Shinawatra, party chairman and incumbent Prime Minister, boomed with infectious enthusiasm as he took the stage. The crowd responded without hesitation, a cacophony of cheers and shouts echoing through the air, each voice adding to the fervor of the moment. Thaksin grinned, turning to the newly appointed Bangkok Governor.

"Well, I'm sharing in your jubilation today, especially with the election results pouring in from across the provinces." He gestured with his fingers, emphasizing the numbers. "My friends, we've secured forty-three out of seventy-seven provincial governor seats this year!" His proclamation was met with a thunderous roar from the crowd below, his female counterpart joining in the laughter and joy.

"Ha! That's the true spirit of the Thai Rak Thai, isn't it?" Thaksin chuckled before continuing. "But let's not forget our special guest here with us today." He motioned for the new governor to join him on stage. "Allow me to introduce you to the first female governor of Bangkok, a steadfast advocate for women's rights, Rosana Tositrakul!" With exuberance, he presented Rosana to the crowd, who responded in kind with their energy.

As Rosana stepped forward, a smile graced her lips as she accepted the microphone from Thaksin. "To the constituents of Bangkok, you honor me with your trust in electing me to this office. My commitment is solely to you." Her voice, faint yet resolute, carried the wisdom of her years. "It seems the spirit of Thai Rak Thai burns as brightly as ever. Now, shall we delve into my policies?" She chuckled, hinting at her aversion to pleasantries.