STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

A very weird encounter in the North Atlantic

Sep 28, 2021
naresuan.jpg

Somewhere in the North Atlantic a Chinese Naresuan-class frigate which is somehow in that area saw a vessel on radar near them and headed towards it, slowly but surely they matched the speed of the said vessel in front of them and immediately recognized by binoculars and AIS that it was a Canadian military vessel, the system also showed her name and it was the HMCS Halifax, suspiciously the Chinese vessel AIS was turned off, the vessels name is currently unknown.

The Chinese captain hurried off the the bridge and discussed with his XO why are they seeing a Canadian military vessel in the area and if they were already seen, the XO said in Mandarin: "probably not, I don't know if they saw us but like you said to observe and prioritize freedom of navigation." the captain then calmly said: "forget about that, do they know we are here or not?, and do not report to HQ about this, we are supposed to be silently sailing around here, and we should not be seen by any ship particularly a navy ship in the first place!" the XO then looks confused by what the captain said, "Well you said before...I thought" "Well, follow my current orders not the previous one, understand XO? what we do is ultimately for the benefit of China, regardless if my order makes sense to you or not" "Yes, Sir!" the captain then suddenly picked up his personal phone and called a mysterious person nervously, telling the suspicious person he is calling what is currently happening, the crew looks confused but also intrigued, then the captain then said while on the phone "point at them, now!" then suddenly went back to his conversation on his phone, the ship still matches the HMCS Halifax's speed when its front cannon turned towards the Halifax, the crew was increasingly worried about the situation and began wearing helmets and vests when an alarm suddenly rang throughout the ship, some of them question why are they suddenly pointing guns at a military ship of another nation and began talking to each frantically, but ultimately most of them had to follow orders, at least for now. afterwards everyone just stared at the Halifax.

the XO, then just whispered to the captain, I do not know what the orders from the top are but we should lower our guns and just greet them or better, leave the area before they do anything or notice us like u said, the captain just looked at him then ignored him. The captain face was increasingly stressed while talking to the suspicious person on the phone.

a crew member far from the bridge whispered to another "this is above my paygrade, this is probably a training exercise." the other one said:" they're probably in on it too otherwise why would the captain lead us here." "wait so your saying Canada is an ally, since when?." "Well I don't know, perhaps they are, Hell! I don't even know why you ask me these question, for sure I'm not the one making the decisions around here."

Nathan

Last edited:

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

From a distance of up to 450KM away, HMCS Halifax would be able to detect the Chinese vessel on it's Saab Sea Giraffe HC 15. In the ships operation room a whistle would sound from the radar operating station.

"UNKNOWN CONTACT, BEARING 120 Degrees, RANGE 400KM"

In the operations room, a flurry of activity would kick off as the Captain is called to the ops room. Ultimately, a decision is made to go to action stations. A Radio message is sent to Naval Command in Ottawa to inform them of the situation.

On deck, the gun and missile systems are brought into operation as well as the chaff countermeasures. The Phalanx CIWS is also brought online to protect against missile attacks. A mass meal would be prepared for the crew, who would rotate in shifts of 3 to quickly eat their meals over a space of 10 minutes each. Meals would be completed before the vessel is within visual range. This would give ample nutrition for what could be a long time at action stations. Body armour is donned by the crew on deck and operating close in weapons systems. All crew would don their anti-flash protective clothing. On the bridge, 2 members of the ships crew are recording events on video camera while another member uses a long range lensed camera.

As it has been stated that the Chinese crew can see the Canadian ship, this would be right imply that the Canadian's can too. Canadian Naval intelligence officers would flick through a book containing all naval vessels of the world. They would quickly identify the vessel as a Chinese
Naresuan-class frigate

A Radio message is sent to the unknown warship

"Unknown warship, unknown warship this is Canadian Warship Foxtrot-Foxtrot-Golf 3-3-0. We are conducting innocent passage in international waters. You must not hinder or impede our passage under the rules of the sea. You are being recorded and evidence of your activity will be passed onto the Global Assembly. You must divert your course away from our warship"

The Canadians would also note the raising of the ships main weapon system towards the Halifax, the Halifax in turn will increase it's speed to 25 Knots. Video and still images of the weapon would be recorded. Noting the vessel is behind the Halifax, the Halifax will also turn 90 degrees to Port.

DHouseAlwyswyns

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021
As the Halifax noticed the Chinese warship, the crew were even more rattled,

The XO said: "Captain, we should respond, bailing would make us more suspicious, we still can get out of this situation, I don't know what are your reasons are but pretty sure we have been already recorded in their logs or something, and also lowering the guns would be beneficial to us."

the Captain nervously put aside his phone and then said: "This is already an international incident, our superiors would flip when they hear about this situation, plus my boss on the phone is already flipping, even if we do resolve this, their route is highly suspicious." "How so Captain?" The captain then whispered to himself: "what if they know why we are here, have they been informed regarding what we are looking for in this area?. suddenly the XO said: "Captain, you were staring at nothing for a few seconds, is something wrong?" "Nothing, just ask them what they're true intentions are, if its just freedom of navigation like they said then perhaps we can tell them to change their course temporarily from ours, or worse we can just leave then sail back in this area another day. Say nothing of our goals, if they will insist on asking just tell them we discovered some reefs or something, if not, mention nothing and just divert their attention if possible." "Aye, Captain" The XO said confusingly.

"We're in neutral grounds Captain I do not think they would agree." "just do it and try and see if they budge or not." "Aye Captain."

A crew member then said: "Captain, target vessel is increasing speed and turning 90 degrees to port."

The captain and rest of the crew in the bridge then turned their eyes quickly towards what's happening in front of them.

As this is happening the XO responded to the radio message sent by the Halifax as ordered by the Captain in broken English as best as he can: "Foxtrot-Foxtrot-Golf 3-3-0 this is Chinese military vessel, we responding to your message, we deemed your course suspicious and highly coincidental to ours, we picked up you on radar immediately we notice you, we understand claim from you freedom of navigation, we request to know true intentions for being this area and why Canada has warship in this area. we understand here neutral area, we just want true intentions from you."

as the Canadian warship increases speed the Chinese frigate also matches the Halifax movements and carefully position themselves behind the Halifax, slowly but surely the Chinese warship is gaining speed on the left side of the Canadian warship until the vessel is now sailing side by side with the Canadian warship at a distance, Chinese military personnel are also on their designated positions using their binoculars and reporting what they see on the Halifax's port side.

Nathan

Last edited:

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Canadian Captain, would be on the bridge dumfounded by the radio transmissions received. The video cameras would be recording the radio transmission and bridge communications.

"Did he just ask why we're off the coast of Canada?" The Captain would say to the bridge crew with a chuckle. "Does he not realise he is in the Atlantic?"

A radio message is sent back;

"Chinese Military Vessel, this is Warship Foxtrot-Foxtrot-Golf 3-3-0. We are a Canadian vessel on the high seas. We have every right to transit international waters without hinderance or interference from other nations. You have every right to be in the North Atlantic international waters as do we. but this is literally our backyard, I don't know where else you expect us to be? My vessel will continue on our course, you must not hinder our right to innocent passage.

You have no jurisdiction over this vessel, or these waters. Our intentions are too conduct lawful, uninterrupted freedom of navigation as is our right under the Law of the High Seas and Law of the seas.

You MUST lower your weapon away from my ship, you're actions are being recorded and will be sent to the Canadian government.."

The HMCS Halifax would turn back to it's initial heading, placing the Chinese vessel once again to its port aft quarter. Photos are once again taken of the ships pennant number and any flags flying (Are there any Chinese flags?)

As you have not posted the Chinese vessel ever deploying to the North Atlantic in a official post, I will assume you have travelled the vessel through the Panama Canal, you have also never fuelled your vessel. To have reached the North Atlantic the Chinese vessel will have had to cover 13,800 KM as the crow flies, although due to geography this distance is more likely to be 20,000km going through the Panama Canal. The Chinese Naresuan Class frigate has a maximum range of 7,408km.

Due to this vast fuel deficit, The Chinese vessels' engines would splutter to a halt. The Ships emergency power generator would also be out of fuel due to the distance travelled without fuel. The Chinese vessel is now floating helplessly without power in the North Atlantic.

With the Chinese ship starting to drop back, copies of the video, photographs and radio transmissions are encrypted and send back to Naval HQ in Ottawa. Halifax would continue on its voyage.

DHouseAlwyswyns

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Secret

USCGC Wadsworth was one of the Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates of the United States Navy that had just been turned over to the United States Coast Guard by Executive Order 23-4 of the President. The Coast Guard had just set Operation Neptune back into effect, which included the deployment of the newly acquired Oliver Hazard Perry-class cutters. One of the cutters, USCGC Wadsworth would be able to detect the ongoing incident on radar and overhear the unencrypted chatter on their comms. With plenty of fuel, the Wadsworth immediately diverted its course to the area.

The Wadsworth would first send an encrypted message to the Halifax and inform her that the Coast Guard had intentions to investigate the situation with the Canadians and assist the Halifax and that she would be approaching. The Wadsworth would begin sailing towards the Chinese vessels so that it would be within 55 miles of range.

The Captain of the Wadsworth, Captain Russel Pinkerton, issued a series of orders to his XO and then walked back over to the radar to get a better look at what they were dealing with. The crew of the Wadsworth suddenly heard a call to attention over the internal comms speakers of the cutter. "General Quarters! General Quarters! All hands man your battle stations." The crew went to battle stations as they prepared for all possible eventualities.

The Captain then took the transmitter and broadcast on the appropriate radio frequency in order to reach both the Canadians and the Chinese.
"Unidentified Chinese military vessel, the is the USCGC Wadsworth of the United States Coast Guard, identify yourself and state your intentions. Over."

Meanwhile, a secure message was sent back to the Coast Guard on shore of the entire situation and what had happened so far.

Nathan DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
As the Canadian warship turns again the Chinese warship one of the officers on the bridge reminded the Captain that they are sailing out of range and should be heading back towards Home as soon as possible, The captain has no choice but the leave the area immediately,

the crew members then said to each other: "Does HQ know of our situation?" " I don't know probably, as long as we get out of here we are fine, I guess."

Feeling embarrassed, and in intense pressure the Captain ordered a final reply from the transmission of the Halifax.

"Canadian warship Foxtrot-Foxtrot-Golf 3-3-0 , we mistake your intentions, we are now pulling from you, your intentions were clear and true, we apologize for overreaction, we understand neutral waters, we now change course away."

but unfortunately due to his incompetence as a leader and of the crew the warship is now stuck at sea due to fuel problems while still donning the current naval flag of the PRC, The Chinese warship immediately faced her front cannons away from the Canadian warship as they have bigger problems to face.

Truly this has been an great scandal for the PRC, their families will also take the brunt of their shame and potentially government intervention from the Communist Party. as the party has no official current deployment to the North Atlantic, if he is to survive, The Captain of this particular ship called the Xiangyang must eventually be handed over to the party when he gets home and to explain himself why he was sailing in the North Atlantic and was acting suspiciously with his subordinates, perhaps he was not acting alone and was at the behest of certain individuals who has a powerful pull in the Chinese navy.

Also feeling embarrassed the XO himself ordered an SOS via distress light as the ship is now merely floating in the middle of the North Atlantic.

Nathan

Last edited:

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
An encrypted radio message is sent to the Coastguard ship;

"USCGC Wadsworth, this is HMCS Halifax. We were transiting on our way to deployment on a Heading East when this vessel approached us. This vessel has it's identifier switched off and upon closing with out, proceeded to point it's main cannon directly at my ship and crew. We recieved no prior communication to this.

On our challenge to the vessel, the captain began to demand we change our course and state our "Valid" intentions. The gun remained pointed at my ship which we have on video and recorded communications. He then proceeded to call our movements "Suspicious" as we apparently happened to cross their path. We however have radar track of the vessel aggressively turning towards my ship from at least 400km away. It then began to proceed to follow us.

The vessel is now placing a SOS signal, given the fact we have just been chased and had a weapon pointed at us, I am not overly keen to stick around longer than unless absolutely necessary. Would your crew be able to assist us?"

With the SOS message received, the Canadian warship would turn back around towards the Chinese Vessel

"Chinese Vessel this is
Foxtrot-Foxtrot-Golf 3-3-0, what is the nature of your SOS?"

The crew remain at action stations with cameras rolling and weapons still ready.

Odinson
DHouseAlwyswyns

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
ROLEPLAY NOTICE

Hello DHouseAlwyswyns and Nathan

The posting order has been broken. While I am involved in this situation, I have consulted with senior staff and been given permission to resolve this issue. DHouse, I will be deleting your last post. If you would like the text, please message me on Discord and I will send it to you. For now on, the posting order in this thread is:

DHouse (China)
Nathan (Canada)
Odinson (United States)

This of course means that I post next. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Odinson
Moderation Team

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Secret

"HMCS Halifax this is USCGC Wadsworth. We copy all. The vessel will be treated as possibly hostile until we can gather further information. We can assist you. We will call in for further assistance from the Coast Guard and Navy. Do you require any assistance or aid? Over," The Wadsworth transmitted this to the Halifax securely.

Then, the cutter securely radioed in this update to Coast Guard Sector Southeast New England. Because this was a Chinese warship that had just aggressively acted towards a Canadian ship with seemingly no provocation, the Coast Guard quickly requested (securely) assistance from the United States Navy.

The Wadsworth again transmitted to the Chinese vessel. "USCGC Wadsworth to unidentified Chinese military vessel. Identify yourself and state your intentions. What is the nature of your SOS? Over."

Meanwhile, two Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, the USS John Paul Jones and USS Jeff Sessions were deployed from Carrier Strike Group One's headquarters at Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads in Virginia. The warships departed directly for the area of the incident with all active and passive sonars scanning the seas and skies for other possible Chinese military activity - they would not come within more than 60 miles of the Chinese vessel. The rest of CSG-1 and CSG-2 were put on standby as the incident continued to be monitored.

**************************************************​

Arleigh Burke-class - Fully Fueled; Non-perishable food/water for 3 month journey; x1 5-inch (127 mm)/62 Mk. 45 Mod 4 (lightweight gun); x2 20 mm Phalanx CIWS; x2 25 mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun; x2 Mk 141 Harpoon Anti-Ship Missile Launcher; 96-cell Mk 41 VLS: x15 RUM-139A VL-ASROC, x10 RIM-161 SM-3, x30 RIM-66 Standard MR, x16 RIM-67 Standard ER, x25 BGM-109 Tomahawk; x2 Mark 32 triple torpedo tubes: a mixed-storage of Mark 46, 50, and 54 torpedoes; Standard countermeasures/decoys; x1 Sikorsky MH-60S; 323 uniformed, fed, and well-rested crew.

Nathan DHouseAlwyswyns

Sep 28, 2021
"USCGC Wadsworth this is the Xiangyang, My name is First Officer Zheng Wanli, currently acting Captain of this ship, since our Captain voluntary retired to his cabin out of shame we are out of fuel out here in the middle of the ocean from aggressively tailing a Canadian warship in the Middle of the North Atlantic. To clear up our situation based from our own knowledge we were to patrol the South China Sea but somehow along the way our Captain gave new orders to travel to the North Atlantic wherein he specifically told us that a friendly replenishment ship will be waiting for us, in order to carry out a mission that is said to be off the books, so as good soldiers we ultimately obeyed his orders, but in the past few days we have been slowly worrying about our situation and still, most of us never tried to question him. Then hours later we spotted a Canadian Warship in our route and are ordered to tail the ship, in those moments, me and many of the officers in the bridge saw the Captain acting suspiciously when he was panicking and acting unprofessionally while talking to someone on his satellite phone, moments later he suddenly ordered us to point our main cannon towards the Halifax, the crew was increasingly worried and confused, until our fuel ran out during the chase and we here we are now signaling an SOS, Over."

Nathan Odinson

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
With HMCS Halifax back in eyesight of the vessel once more, the ships 2 RHIBS would be lowered into the sea. Onboard are 7 men on each RHIB, each man in full body armour and helmets while carrying their C7 Rifles and pistols. The C7 rifles would purposefully be positioned over the shoulder to prevent coming across as an act of aggression. Onboard, the HMCS Halifax the main gun would remain in it's neutral position, but the gunnery team have ensured the weapon is ready to fire. Deck crew are also ready with the crew served weapons on deck.

With the RHIBS closing in on the vessel, one of them would come alongside the Chinese warship. No attempts would be made to board the Chinese vessel. The other boat remains further back, in support. One of the boats engineers would radio up to the Chinese warship.

"Evening gents, do you need a tow?"

Onboard the HMCS Halifax, crew have begun to prepare a towline onboard the flight deck.

Odinson
DHouseAlwyswyns

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
ROLEPLAY NOTICE

Hello DHouseAlwyswyns

The posting order has been broken. While I am involved in this situation, I have consulted with senior staff and been given permission to resolve this issue. DHouse, I will be deleting your last post. If you would like the text, please message me on Discord and I will send it to you. As I said last time, the posting order in this thread is:

1. DHouse (China)
2. Nathan (Canada)
3. Odinson (United States)

This of course means that I post next. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Odinson
Moderation Team

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"USCGC Wadsworth to Xiangyang. I copy all. We can tow you to the nearest American port for refueling, or the Canadians can tow you to the nearest Canadian port for refueling. Please inform us who you would like to render assistance. Over," the communication officer on the Wadsorth waited for a response while the ship continued to sail and assess the situation. Seeing that there was no real threat, the USS John Paul Jones and USS Jeff Sessions went back to port. Meanwhile, the State Department securely contacted the Chinese Foreign Ministry and informed them that one of their ships, the Xiangyang was adrift in the North Atlantic. The State Department would inform the Chinese that the Coast Guard would be more than willing to tow the ship to port, refuel it, and then send it on its way out to international waters.

DHouseAlwyswyns
Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
With no reply from the Chinese vessel, and HMCS Halifax being urgently needed elsewhere. A message is recieved from Ottawa informing the ship to leave the Chinese in the care of the Americans as a urgent response is now needed. The 2 RHIBS would return to the ship, before HMCS Halifax begins to move away. An encrypted radio message is sent to USCGC Wadsworth;

"Wadsworth this is Halifax. Due to the deteriorating situation in the Mediterranean, we have to leave urgently. Do you require us to arrange for another vessel to replace us?"

HMCS Halifax would return to it's initial route of FN>GN>HN>IM. Flare and chaff launchers remain ready to fire and the ship will keep on it's active radar and sonar.

DHouseAlwyswyns
Odinson

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89