STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Angola] Outreach to Mexico

Tano

Kazakhstan
Mar 3, 2022
In an diplomatic outreach, senior diplomat Violeta Moreira would place a telephone call to the Mexican Foreign Ministry in the hopes of developing greater political and economic ties. The call would be over a secured and encrypted line. She dialled the number and waited for a response as it rang. Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
The phone would ring as most of the members at the Secretary of Foreign Relations was tied up with calls from America, however someone would answer the phone. The call would be placed private and encrypted and verified before being answered.

"Hello this is Undersecretary Julián Valero; how may I help you."

Tano

Tano

Kazakhstan
Mar 3, 2022
"Good afternoon, I'm Violeta Moreira. I hope you're well? I'm calling on behalf of the Angolan Foreign Ministry. We're looking to forge economic links and enhance our politic relationship with your government and the Mexican nation. Is this an appropriate time for you to talk?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Of course, I have a moment to talk. Let me just gather some writing material." Some shuffling could be heard in the background, along with much random chatter. "I apologies, it is quite busy around here with our war efforts and this administration's push for global recognition." Julián would clear his throat before continuing. "Mexico is always open to create new economic ties, we hold one of the world's largest shipping fleets for resources, as well as having embassies in most nations around the globe. Currently our passport allows entry into over 100 countries without a visa. We are very close with certain nations such as the United States, Russia, and Thailand who is our closest ally. Current nations we have had trouble within the past include Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Sweden to name a few. However, our relationship with Sweden has improved since the change in administration. Is there anything in particular that you would like to discuss first?"

Tano

Tano

Kazakhstan
Mar 3, 2022
"No apologies necessary, it must be a very complex situation over there." Ms Moreira would be caught slightly off guard, she would think to herself 'war?! Maybe the tension is a little more severe than I hear in the media', then continues. "Thank you you briefly summarising your diplomatic situation; our diplomatic network nor passport is as well established in comparison.
What we wish to discuss can be summed up as trade, movements of peoples and security. Firstly, I believe trade is best to discuss since it's easy to end on this subject on a positive note. Mexico and Angola are both rapidly developing economies and benefit from the own unique characteristics and demands. The exchange of goods between our two nations will surely nurture the progress of our nations development. My nation's most popular exported resources include mineral fuels (petroleum, gases & crude oil), gems and precious metals, fish, sulphur, copper. I believe that your nation may find at least a couple of these products desirable for import. And of course, we wish to import Mexican goods too.
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Very good, Mexico could use many of these resources. Especially mineral fuels, copper, and sulfur, although we are interested in all of your exports, those would be most valuable to us. My nation currently exports these products, vehicles, plastics, vegetables & fruits, livestock, and beverages (beer & liquor). As stated, before Mexico can handle all the shipping requirements to and from. I also believe we should discuss job employment opportunities and foreigner welfare."

Tano

Tano

Kazakhstan
Mar 3, 2022
"Excellent, we can arrange those products for export. For us, from your listed products, I believe vehicles, vegetables & fruits and beverages the most suitable for our markets. The port handling the trade on our side will be the Port of Luanda. How often would you say is best for you? I believe bi-weekly would be best, but obviously that's up for negotiation."

"Yes, if you think we're done with the topic of trade for now, we can move onto the subject of peoples and employment. Perhaps given the current situation it may not be ideal for foreign citizens to visit certain parts of Mexico, though we can certainly draw up agreements to come into effect once matters improve. Did you have anything particular in mind regarding this subject that you would wish to propose first?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Excellent I shall get that down to our Department of Trade. I agree that Bi-Weekly would be the best course of action. We shall load up vehicles, vegetables & fruits, and beverages and ship them, and have those same vessels come back with mineral fuels, copper, and sulfur. They shall leave out the Port of Heroica Veracruz and arrive at the Port of Luanda. This will probably take about a month to set up the vessels. Perhaps I spoke to early but one final question for trade. Would you like to request this to be done on one vessel or 3 separate vessels?"

"As for the topic of peoples and employment. The current situation is quiet under control I assure you. Foreigners are required to remain in all "Green Zones" however. All details are provided to tourist and other travelers upon entry into Mexico. Unfortunately Cities like Juárez and Tijuana are still off limits due to the increase of cartel movement. But I believe the next topic should include passports and entry/visas, foreign employment opportunities, foreign student exchange, and cost of overseas businesses. If you like we can break this down piece by piece or tackle it as a whole."

Tano

Tano

Kazakhstan
Mar 3, 2022
"Yes that sounds like a perfect summary! We would prefer for it to be conducted by 3 vessels. Given that it would demand more vessels, we can use our merchant fleet if yours is reaching capacity."

"Well if that is the case, I can trust your word on the situation. It seems that there's some overlap with the subjects you've mentioned, so it'll be more effective to tackle them altogether. For visa, I believe our goal is to reduce mutual barriers of entry. For tourist and student visas, we would like to propose visas on arrival or visa free, both valid for up to 60 days. Meanwhile, we would like to ease restrictions on student and work visas in an effort to encourage foreign employment and foreign studies. Can you agree with such move?"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Let's see." he said as he shuffled through his papers. "Ah! Yes, the visas. I can do visas for up to 60 days for both students and tourist. But I can do even better. Under our new foreign exchange laws, students can apply for a free full ride visa. Meaning they can stay till the duration of their degree without having to reapply. I'll break each down.

For students when they arrive in country, they only need to present valid ID as well as their letter of acceptance and they will receive a visa for free upon entry. The visa is good for the duration of their degree as long as they show progress towards completion of their degree. Any changes in majors or minors will result in needing to reapply for their visa. During reapplication they will be granted a 30-day amnesty from deportation.

For tourist I can grant a 60-day free visa upon entry in country. They will have to comply with all local, state, and federal laws while in country. Failure to do so will result in deportation. All tourists must follow their travel guide pamphlets which they will receive along with their visas upon entry. In this pamphlet are restrictions and laws that must be adhered. For safety all tourists should remain in the tourist areas that are clearly marked. If a tourist leaves the tourist areas the United Mexican States are not responsible for any injuries or deaths.

For work visas I can grant up to a 60-day free visa or a 90-day visa at a cost of 2000 peso ($100). Workers are free to travel the country as they see fit. After 90 days if a worker wishes to continue to work in country, they must submit an application for a Duration of Work Registration Card or DWRC.

If you would like for businesses to move to Mexico, they will receive a government stipend of 20,000 peso ($1,000) a month for continued operations. Any profits a business makes while in Mexico will pay a sum of 10% of the profits. For a business to continue operations in Mexico they must make a profit of 3,000,000 pesos ($150,000) a year. Failure to make those profits will result in a notice of warning, if a business fails to make the required profits a second year, they will receive a notice of expulsion.

I am not too keen on Angola's visas. Could you please break down how they will work for your country?"

Tano

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien