STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Germany

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Argentine President Adolfo Cambiasso would request a private call with the Chancellor of Germany.

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Chancellor Kohl had just finished sitting down at his desk when he saw his phone line light up. It was his Secretary informing him about a phone call from the Argentine President. He knew today was going to quite busy. He took a sip of his coffee. He waited for the encryption lights to go green and picked up the line. "Hello President Adolfo Cambiasso! How are you doing this morning?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Chancellor Kohl, it is a pleasure talking to you. First of all I would like to congratulate you and your Government for your rise to power. The world needs an active Germny to guarantee balance and mutltilateralism in Europe and further away.

Historically our nations shared a very close relation, started at times of mass emmigration and than mantained on permanent bilateral talks. Argentina owes Germany a lot of support, both on a civilian as well as on a military level. This is why we only feel it is natural to continue working together.

While we would like to start discussing potential trace and commerce opportunities, we are also very interested in regaining Germany as one of our main military equipment providers, such as is used to be in earlier days.

Maybe we could host your Excellency here in Buenos Aires for some high level meetings?
"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"I would love to come down for a visit president Cambiasso. I would like to schedule it a few months from now as we are currently still getting settled in. I would like to discuss trade a length. We are currently working on our new merchant fleet and it would be great if Argentina would be one of our first partners in this endeavor. We are also looking for recommendations regarding new cargo ships."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Excellent news, we look forward to arrange the meeting at your earliest convenience. Its understandable that you have a lot of work, the first months in office are always the hardest, until you get used to the burocracy and processes. Just let us know when you are ready.

We are also very happy to hear that Germany is investing significantly in commerce and trade, there aren't many nations out there who go the extra mile to have a decent merchant navy and a wide network of trade routes. We currently operate over 30 merchant ships, including bulk, oilers and Ro-Ro vehicle ships, most from japanese or philipino origin, but I understand said markets aren't currently very open for exports. I would suggest Canada as a decent alternative, they seem to have a good offer as well.
"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"It seems to be much harder these days to find excellent ship builders who are willing to export. Maybe I should look to export by Air. Do you have any experience with trade via the skies?"

"I've just been given word on a new embassy for Argentina here in Berlin. The address is Kleiststraße 23-26 10787 Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany. We would love to have one of your ambassadors come to Germany to establish formal ties between our two nations. We also allow 20 Diplomatic Staff, 30 Mission Staff and 25 Security Personnel. The Security Personnel at embassies may be equipped with firearms (including Full-auto) as you see fit as long as every weapon is fully registered with our customs agents If you would permit us we can also send one of our ambassadors to Argentina."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Mhh... In my experience air cargo is usually substantially costlier since you can only ship a limited amount of cargo per flight. I think it would be more efficient to use the proven maritime bulk carriers and leave only special and high value cargo for the aircraft. I heard Japan was back as an active international player, maybe you can reach out to them, they have a very decent shipping industry.

In the meantime, Argentina does have a shipping company that can lease ships, and even manage your routes. Its called Patagonia Shipping, should you be interested as a temporary solution.

I think there might be a small missunderstanding, since we already have an embassy operating at that same address, and our ambassador and his team is already there, but we happily renew our ties with Germany. (OOC: in MN countries have their RL embassies from the scratch unless otherwise stated ICly). Considering our usual personnel distribution, we thank you for the high capacity you are offering us, but we usually have less staff. As for the security, we see no need for armed guards, as we completely trust the german security forces for that task. I hope your embassy in Buenos Aires feels the same."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Ahh, yes of course. We have been a little mixed up since the last administration left most of the foreign office in a compete mess on the way out. You will have to forgive me as I am afraid some of these addresses haven't been updated in the last decade."

"As for the embassy security, we feel your armed forces are perfectly adequate and no armed security staff will be needed. We just like to make the offer so that your ambassador can feel completely at home even if that means they feel they need a little extra security."

"Thank you for the suggestion on Japanese shipbuilders. I think my next call will be to them. Once we get the ships to move the cargo, We would love to have one of our first trade routes with Argentina. Are there any items in particular your nation is looking for?

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We look forward to expand the trade between our nations!

The last thing, and regarding this issue, we heard that Germany was able to produce and sell some Ro-Ro ships. We might be interested in acquiring some for our merchant navy. Are they currently on offer?
"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Ah yes the Point-class Sealift Vessels! Perfect for moving wheeled cargo military or civilian. We have the full brochure available online on our page storefront."

"We can offer them at $126,387,500.00 per unit and can start construction as soon as payment is made."

Naio90

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa