STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ARG] Call to Ireland

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine ambassador in Dublin Susana Gutierrez would privately request a phone interview with the irish Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
Mr. Spring would get word of this private phone interview and call the Argentinian Embassy in Dublin on a Private and Secure line.

"Hello, this is Minister Spring, help you Ambassador Gutierrez."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Minister Spring, thank you for taking my call so swiftly.

I understand our Governments had an exchange on diplomatic representation and embassy issues and some minor trade, but we had no real opportunity to establish a more broad line of communication. The intention of this call is to exactly do that, prepare the groundwork for a more interesting bilateral relation. Argentina and Ireland had historically a close and friendly relation, sharing historical figures such as Admiral William Brown, an irish-argentine hero of our independence and who we honor still today.

Let me tell you a bit about Argentina's current foreign policy. As a southern nation, we value independence in our decision making, leaving back a colonial and neo-colonial past that severely affected and hindered our growth. We are convinced that this mindset is vital for fellow developing nations to prosper and therefore we heavily invest in a south-south cooperation agenda, promoting trade and exchange between and among other south america, african and asian nations, helping them prosper and thrive. Obviously, this does not mean we relegate our relation and links with other historical partners such as Europe. And it is in this second set of policies that we wish to include Ireland.

Could you perhaps explain us a little your Governments maing foreing policy guidelines, to identify potential new areas of cooperation.
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Ambassador Gutierrez of course, let me explain some of our goals and foreign policy guidelines. First off let me say we value independence as well as a former British Colony ourselves. We seek to have a unified European continent, where we can have free trade between European nations, utilize the same currency, and maybe one day have a unified military protection pact. For now however most of out foreign relations have been directed towards the United States and the United Kingdom. We want good relations with the entirety of the world and wish to have open and honest talks with all nations. I feel we share a lot of common grounds and I am well aware of our past together. I feel things can only improve from here between Argentina and Ireland. Perhaps if Argentina is open to it we can send our Irish football team over for a friendly match?"

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Sports have always been a very interesting and promising tool for cultural and social integration. I think a football much would be a great way to bring our people closer. Sadly in Argentina we may not know the latest irish football talents, but with players such as Roy Keane you certianly have a promising squad.

This could be maybe the opening for further cultural projects. We would like to discuss the possibility of discussing a students exchange program to promote the link with our University of Buenos Aires and some of your prominent faculties. This could be accompanied by a special student visa program, facilitating this kind of travel.

Finally, we would also be delighted to incorporate a new direct route between Dublin and Buenos Aires.
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"We'd be honored to play your national team in a friendly game of football, it would definitely bring our nations closer and provide some revenue.

We could definitely incorporate a special student visa. We have regular student visas however if you're looking for something more we can always negotiate cost.

Last we would love to have a direct route to Buenos Aires from Dublin, although we would like to switch it to Cork once our Harbor is completed."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Maybe agreeing on a special studen visa, with reduced requirements and processing time, as well as a more flexible staying length. Would that be something Ireland would be interested in?

Also, I must mention that we are following the current internal developments in Ireland with concern. Is there any way Argentina can aid you?
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"What do you have in mind for a flexible stay? As of right now our visas are being processed within a month, sometimes sooner. Ireland is open to this idea but we do need more details.

As far as the recent events in Ireland, we as the government have been informed that there is nothing to worry about. Seán Barrett has assumed control but is not aloud to do anything without direct say so from the senate and parliament. He has announced that elections will still take place in June and all will go back to normal then."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, the possibility of transitioning with easier requirements from a study visa to a working visa, should argentine or irish students desire to stay in the other country. The number of argentine students in Ireland, and irish students in Argentina is not high enough to be difficult to manage. At least that would be our understanding.

Regarding the football match, we could talk with the Argentine Football Federation to try schedule a friendly next may. Do you prefer to play in your country or mine?

As for your internal situation, thank you for the update, we were concerned that the situation could go out of hand, but we see now that the situation seems controlled.
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"Visas are very easy to change over in Ireland, a simple visit to either their home embassy or the Customs Office and a new visa form is all they would need to do. Example, if they have a student visa for 1 year and they want to change to a work visa, however they have only been in country for 4 months, they could go to either of the facilities and make a new visa form and continue to stay in country for the remained 8 months.

On to football, we would be honored if you could host our team in Argentina for our first game. The time line is perfect for us, if you'd like to schedule the match in May."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"I understand when you say "home embassy" you are refering to the Irish embassy in Buenos Aires? Correct?

Perfect then, we will inform the AFA to prepare everything for a test match in Ireland in may, please inform us the exact venue and date for the logistic preparations to be done
."

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"What I meant for home embassy is that if an Argentinian Citizen wants to transfer their visa all they would need to do is either visit the Argentinian Embassy or the Irish Customs Office and provide a new visa application, There is a section for them to transfer their visa on the form.

Apologies perhaps I spoke wrong, if you wish to hold the first game in Ireland that is perfectly acceptable, however we were suggesting the first game be in Argentina."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Mhh, I woud suggest they do that at the irish consulate, since Argentina cannot receive or manage any application for irish visas since its something the irish Government has to do. It should only be your Government that can decide who gets a visa and who not.

Oh, yes, sorry, my mistake, there was just some interference. We can hold the match on the 13th of may in the evenint at the La Bombonera stadium, if that is in order with you.
"

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"We can also have them do that and apply at our Consulate. We figured it may be easier if they did the application in the Argentinian Embassy and then they would fax it to us. However it would work best for your citizens.

As far as the football match we will have our team prepped and ready to play by the 13th of May, we look forward to this historic event."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Preparations for the match are en course,it will be a good spectable. We already arranged for VIP tickets to be delivered to the Irish Embassy in Buenos Aires.

We wanted to ask you another thing. The Argentine Navy recently incorporated a new vessel to serve as flagship, the Kirov-Class Battlecruiser ARA General San Martin. We are scheduling a maiden voyage for it and we would like to use the opportunity to make protocol visits to some nations we have friendly relations with. The idea is to dock, offer an "open door" day for the local public to visit the ship and also have some cultural activities to promote argentine culture and reinforce argentine-irish relations. Obviously there will also be a more institutional schedule, where we will invite irish authorities for an official dinner on board.

If you agree, Ireland would be the first stop in the european leg of the tour.
"

Drivindeath

Drivindeath

United Mexican States
Contributor
Aug 14, 2020
"This is great to hear, we will have our team prepped, a few delegates are going to be going separately to watch the game as well.

We would be honored to have your flag ship make port in Ireland. Within 3 days Cork Port will be finished with construction and we would be honored for the ARA General San Martin to dock there. We would also like for it to dock in Dublin if that is not to much to ask, that way our nations members of government could enjoy the vessel as well."

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Excellent! I can envison a first 2 or 3 day stop in Cork, for a "open doors" and meeting with local authorities, to then continue to Dublin for a more extended period of 4 to 5 days. IN Dublio we would also have the "open doors", plus cultural activities for the public, as well as the official dinner offered to national authorities. If this is in order, we will include this in the schedule. Once we have confirmation from the next visited country, Russia, we will confirm you the whole itinerary."

Drivindeath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa