Start Year: 2001
Current Year: 2012

Month: May

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 05/08/2018

ECONOMY

OUR STAFF

Administration Team
Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support
Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Dutchy
Moderator: Naio
Moderator: Andy

Need Help?
Submit a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Argentina - Brazil Joint Naval Exercise

Moe

Newcomer

Argentine-Brazilian Joint Naval Exercise
Classified Information

Operational Background:

* Joint Naval Exercise with the Brazilian Navy in order to create the Argentine-Brazilian Quick reaction Force, to be stationed in Natal, Brazil. First coordination and interoperability training.

* 1000 Brazilian Marines will land on the Brazilian Island Chain Saint Peter and Saint Paul. The Exercise will play out the scenario of landing a peacekeeping mission or possible spearhead of an invasion force.

Training Funds
Last edited:

Moe

Newcomer
The entire Brazilian Quick Reaction Force, zigzags at 8-10 knots per hour running various in house drill necessary to keep a ship running.

At the Natal Navy Base the Argentine officers have arrived and our quickly taken to Rear Admiral Silvo's den and a side hall for the staffs of both navies.

Rear Admiral Silva's bluntly states

"Gentlemen, welcome. This is the first of great many undertakings between our new navies. Today, we will simulate the landing of 1000 Brazilian Marines on the southwestern side of the island of Belmonte of the Saint Peter and Saint Paul Archipelago will be hitting the beaches in AAV's from 3 San Antonio Class ATD's. Fourteen AAV's will disembark from each San Antonio, totaling 350 men. They will be manned by the 3 companies the 1st Marine Battalion, This will be the first wave.

The second wave will hit the beach just minutes after from ATD's by using a a traditional LCU. Each LCU will carry six LBMT-LR's, employing 5 troops. They will make up the rear base about 200 meters from the shore and set up a supply base near a wall or natural embankment. They will set up radio contact with the base back in Natal, with 2 members of a SIGNIT team embedded within the company.

The LCU's will also carry the 3 companies from the 2nd and 3rd Marine Battalions, 1st Brigade, respectively. 300 Marines in each LCU. The final San Antonio ATD will land a LCAC 2 additional LBMT-LR's as well as 2 heavy duty bulldozers and shipping containers containing 10 tons of MRE boxes and another 10 tons of bottles water.

The engineers that we landed earlier today have set explosives that will explode as the troops are transversing the water. They will explode and flames have been rigged to set fore to some parts of the island. During the landing 2 or 3 F-16 Block 52's will do an extremely low flyover just to make them Marines try to shit in their pants.

Last edited:

Naio90

Republic of Argentina
Staff member
The argentine commander would listen carefully to the brazilian Rear Admiral's explanation and description of the operation.

"I see, an ambitious exercise from which I can see a big learning opportunity. The 4 argentine frigates are awaiting instructions and ready to set sail to the theater of operation. How should they proceed? I would suggest practicing a scouting and recon. operation before the launch of the amphibious assault.

In contemporary warfare, information is the key to success. We need our forces to be ready to execute intelligence operations to path the way for the bulk of the forces. We need to be able to spot where the enemy forces have their defences waiting and were the enemy radars and missile batteries are.
"

Moe

Newcomer
"You are correct on all accounts, sir. The exercise is ambitious, but right now I believe the main goal is just actually the logistics of getting men ashore and working and communicating together as a team."

"Currently we only have one scientific station there with just as little as 10 scientists there at a time. So as far as an intelligence operation, there is not much to go on. Unfortunately previous governments did not see the potential in these islands as a military asset. We are going to change that."

But what we can work on is this. It is now 0800 hours. To reach the islands it will take your Gepard Class Frigates between 22-24 hours, if I am correct. My men will be hitting the beaches at 0900 hours tomorrow. We will be hitting the southwestern beaches of Belmonte Island. I believe we can employ two of your ships on the on the port side to protect our left flank, maybe 2 to 3 km apart with one of our Kilo class subs submerged, having left about 1 hour earlier and ahead maybe 5 to 6km. We can employ the same formation for the starboard side.

To give your sailors some work about an hour before you depart I will launch maybe 5 to 10 Super Dvora Mk III-class patrol boats that will harass your ships. At 0010 hours I will launch Block 52 F-16's. Your Frigates can get good target practice tracking jets as well as my fighter pilots will have practice evading radar as well as tracking ships.

After a long pause.

"Do you any suggestions? I am willing to listen."

Last edited:

Naio90

Republic of Argentina
Staff member
"I would suggest we used the 4 argentine Gorshkov-Frigates, together with one of your subs and air cover as a "first wave" or spearhead, to ease up the landing of the marines and to deny any potential defense opportunities to hostiles on the ground. Do you have any SIGINT/ELINT aircraft in range, to practice a "scan" of the island and transmit the coordinates of "hostile batteries" and radars to the argentine frigate? We have land-strike capabilities which we could practice.

Beyond that, all for ships are departing in the next 2 to 3 hours and head directly to the theater of operation."

Moe

Newcomer
"I agree. And, yes. We can deploy an EMB 145 MULTI INTEL jet and also 6 Xian H6 bombers from our Tactical Airbase at Natal. We can arm them with DF-21 anti ship missiles as well as KD 88 cruise missiles. I will notify the commander at Natal, and have the crews ready in an hour. Then we commence with the mission. We just must ensure we take care not to damage the islands as they will be our main Mid-Atlantic port. For time being that is."

The admiral pauses.

"Word from the top says there could be more of the islands in the future."

Last edited:

Naio90

Republic of Argentina
Staff member
The argentine frigates would set sail fully supplied and prepared with all systems on. The would immediate head east towards the designated theater of operations in the Saint Peter and Saint Paul Island Chain.

The crews would navigate as they would in case of a real mission assignment, with all systems active and manned: radar officers would continuously scan the surroundings for potential threats in the air, on the surface and under it. They would identify commercial maritime traffic and local fisher trawlers, and soon, after few hour, they would begin detecting the advance force of the QRF that as already in the surroundings of the Islands.

The argentine commander would contact the brazilian lead ship.

About five hours later, one 145 MULTI INTEL aircraft, fully fueled would takes off TAB Natal, flight path HI>HJ. It will fly ahead of the warships and scout Belmonte island before the landing and the other islands once the Marines have safely secured their beachheads. The call sign is,"Guacho."

Just moment after, one by one 4 Xian H6 Bombers fully fueled and loaded will take off one gradually forming into a finger-four formation and 5000 feet. The squadron leader's call sign is, "Falcon". Falcon will contact the lead Argentine ship when his squadron reaches their reaches their battle group. Their flight path is also HI>HJ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this moment already out at sea, 5 Super Dvora Mark III-class patrol boats, about 400 NM off the coast spot the Argentine convoy about 5 km in the distance and gun it to 45 knots at the last two frigates in the patrol. Two beeline for the 3rd boat, two go for he 4th boat and one goes directly in between the two ships to see what advantage he can exploit.

After a 20 minute lull, 4 Block 52 F-16's take off from Natal TAB and quickly get into a Finger-Four Formation, climbing to 5000 feet. They will be be playing the role of "Bogeys" for the Argentine convoy to "counter-attack"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Commander aboard the lead San Antonio class ship, would answer.

"Greetings commander, we are about 90knots from shore. We should hit the beaches in 3 hours. I understand we have an AEW bird in the sky now should there be any unfriendlies. And a little more airpower should we need it. How is it on your end, sir?"