STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Argentina] Videoconference with Nigeria and Brazil

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Argentine Foreign Minister Daniel Osvaldo would set up an encrypted and private videoconference with his nigerian and brazilian counterparts.

@JJSmithJr
@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Foreign Minister Juan DeSilva, taking a large puff of a Cohiba cigar would appear on the screen. "Hola, cabro........um, amogos."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
As the call was unscheduled there would be some chaos as it reached the secure and private videoconference line, the switch board operator would gather the information of who was on the line and who they wished to speak to. This operator's jaw dropped when he heard he had the Foreign Ministers of both Argentina and Brazil on the line.

He immediately transfered the call to the Nigerian Foreign Ministers Secretary's secure line and assumed all would be fine. However the Foreign Minister was busy entertaining the delegation from Portugal and thus not available for the call. This would leave the young secretary to deal with a hot line without a clear change of command.

In moments the chaos had spread as the entire ministry tried to find someone to take the call. Apparently nobody had thought to appoint a deputy yet. The chaos would go on for minutes, until finally out of nowhere the Nigerian Minister of Defense and Vice President Adetokunbo Kayode would burst into the Ministry and make his way quickly to the secured and private teleconference room. He would yell, "patch them through on the encrypted line."

The secretary would quickly do so and both the Brazilian and Argentine Ministers of Foreign Affairs would appear on the screen in front of him.

"Gentlemen I am sorry for the delay, our Foreign Minister is entertaining a visiting delegation. I am the Vice President. I can negotiate on behalf of my government."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"No problem Mr. Vice President, it is a pleasure having you here. Also you, Minister DeSilva, thank you both for taking my call on such short notice.

I wanted to talk to both of you in the understanding that our three nations currently have a very similar worldview and an agendathat could benefit from a much higher interconnection between our own foreign policies.

Argentina has been in the recent past associated with many fellow southern nations, but none of them endured the test of time and even the most solid alliances eventually broke due to the dissapearence of our counterparts. We have been now monitoring the brazilian and nigerian policies and we can conclude that both are equally serious in aspiring for a predominant position within the international community for Nigeria and Brazil.

On behalf of the Government and country I represent, I was tasked by President Herrero to initiate talks in order to discuss the possibility of establishing a more formal economic and political alliance, which will have the ultimate goal of boosting our commerce, channel our foreign policy goals through mutual support and achieve political goals. This would also serve as a framework to add further pacts in terms ofmilitary cooperation and assurance of geopolitical interests in our areas of interest, specifically the South Atlantic."

@JJSmithJr
@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Minister DeSilva would echo Minister Daniel Osvaldo's sentiments.

"Mister Vice-President we welcome your attendance to our talks. You need not apologize for chaos. Government is nothing but organised chaos. Is it not?"

And then he chuckles a bit whilst puffing away on his Cohiba.

"But your part in this proposed tripartite, is essential. Do we have your commitment? Argentinian and Brazilian investment in your country will shore up your economy and provide you with military hardware unmatched on the African continent."

@Naio90
@JJSmithJr

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Argentina is fully commited to make this work, and willing to pour resources in it, both financial as well as material."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"Nigeria maintains an important geo political influence in its own right. We of course are very interested in working closely with our trans atlantic neighbors. We have indeed already agreed to work closely with Argentina and have no problem with the creation of a tripartite agreement between oir three nations. We would propose several keys to this agreement. The sale of military hardware at cost within the membership, the opening of a live and constantly monitored joint atlantic communication and radar hub to ensure rapid response when necessary, the establishment of yearly air, land, and sea exercises, as well as standard trade and cultural exchange agreements.

We welcome all investment into Nigeria as well."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"If we agreen on general terms, we could begin preparing a document for our Presidents to sign on a summit, with location and date to be determined. Of course we would ciruclate this draft before that and incorporate suggestions and ammendments your nations might want to see.

This would be a framework agreement which would be expanded by other specific treaties regarding commerce, politics and defence."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"We anxiously await the first draft and have no doubt that we will sign it. Argentina and Brazil have completed several joint projects and have more on going, The Brazilian Representative would ask the Nigerian VP, if Nigeria has any proposed projects or ideas whether it be military procurements or economic proposals?"

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"This would be our proposal." The following document would be privately faxed over an encrypted communication line:

Framework Agreement on
Mutual Cooperation Between the
Republic of Argentina, the Federative Republic of Brazil

and the Republic of Nigeria

The Republic of Argentina, the Federative Republic of Brazil and the Republic of Nigeria, hereinafter called "the Parties", in good faith and in spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit agree on the following terms:

1. The Parties agree on coordinating and cooperating, whenever possible, in political terms within the international stage and to support each other through diplomatic means to achieve mutual goals.

2. The Parties agree to extensively promote and encourage mutual commerce and to gradually reduce tarrifs and other barriers that might hinder or discourage the exchange of goods.

3. The Parties agree on facilitating the migration of their citizens among them, including but not limited to tourism, business and living, by recuding visa requirements.

4. The Parties agree on working towards a more integrated structure of intelligence and defense, in order to preserve their interests in strategic areas of importance.

5. The Parties agree on further dicsussing and implementing additional Agreements on more specific matters, including those related to articles 1 to 4.

Signed in __________________ on the _______ of ______, in english, spanish and portuguese originals.

For the Republic of Argentina:
For the Federative Republic of Brazil:
For the Republic of Nigeria:

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Brazilian Foreign Minister Juan DeSilva joyfully whips out a Parker Pen from his suit jacket and affixes his name to the document. He then hands to the host nations' Foreign Minister Daniel Osvaldo to sign, shakes his hand and then shakes hands with Nigerian VP and says, "I will happily stay to work out more details about each point."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Vice President Adetokunbo Kayode would sign the faxed document and return it to the Argentine foreign ministry via encrypted fax cables.

"Gentlemen I am happy our nations can come to an agreement and work towards a brighter future in the South Atlantic. We hope that with this document we will have constant and productive conversations with our new friends and a new era may dawn in Africa. We look forward to working closely to protect shipping lines and ensure open flows of commerce. We welcome investment and cooperation between our people and believe this is a historic day for all of us."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Juan DeSilvia claps his hands together once, loudly like he is ready to do something physical.

"Good now that the agreement has been signed we can get down to the finer details. I say we start with step 1 listed in the document we all have signed. In terms of "political terms within the international stage." Where are we on China/Taiwan and the South China Sea? Brazil only recognizes the P.R.C. not the government in so-called Taiwan. As far as the rest of the South China Sea, we believe that that the laws of the Sea, the 200km EEZ should be adhered to. There are so many unstable governments in Asia, only the Philippines appears stable. I suggest we support the new Chinese government as much as possible and hope, one day they can be a member of this current alliance. It would span every ocean, opening trade and commerce that we all could benefit from. Either that, or we help prop up them Philippines, and make the most dominant power in Asia. They have the manpower and skill to do so. We just need to sell them the weapons. That government knows what it is doing."
@JJSmithJr
@Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"The Argentine Republic does not recognize the State of Taiwan either, considering Beijing the only capital of China, and we are solid on this position unless the continental chinese Government decides to grant recognition to the island.

As for the Law of the Sea, the Spaltry Island event clearly showed it is a flawed set of rules. However, it is imperative for such a law to exist and to rule of matters of national and international waters. More nowadays tat maritime traffic is on the rise and our three nations have big aspirations in what the South Atlantic, and other oceans, refer. Both Argentina and Brazil have geographic advantages to claim EEZ well beyond the 200nm from our coasts. I'm not sure about Nigeria, what we can work towards including such an extension.

Speaking strictly about the Governments in Asia, clearly the most solid ones are Hanoi and Manila, which have been active and consistent for a while now, and seem to be following a realistic and balanced foreign policy. We would favor and approch to those states. Argentina currently mantains good relations with the Philippines and a decent commercial one with Vietnam. Clearly a switch in the Government type in Hanoi would increase our chances of progressing towards a more intense bilateral agenda.

Sadly, the distance is a limiting factor towards a more intense exchange on political and economical level."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"We have had some good talks with Taiwan concerning the production of domestic power plants within Nigeria, we believe that nuclear power is the future for Nigerian energy and have signed an exchange agreement to educate our students at Taiwanese universities for nuclear engineering. We are hopeful that this agreement will produce results.

My government however holds no official position towards either the Republic of China or the People's Republic of China"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"We concur with The Argentine position as far as China is concerned. If China wants to recognize Taiwan or they agree to unify peacefully then we will support that.

As far as economic development in Nigeria, I will propose some ideas to the Nigerian President in another conference call. I would however like to ask the Nigerian Vice president in how he feels about having a joint naval base in Nigeria? Brazil and Argentina already have one and are building another. Would it be possible for us to build one in Nigeria?

We would be able to patrol and protect the entire South Atlantic. I would like to hear the opinions of both of you about this topic.

Also, I have been asked to request permission for my President to land two Charter jets in Lagos for refueling so that he can proceed to a meeting and also be allowed to refuel on his return trip back to Brazil. Thank you."

@Naio90
@JJSmithJr

Last edited:

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"Nigeria has very little need or interest in acquiring foreign bases on her soil we are secure here in Africa, and we can certainly carry our weight when it comes to patrolling the Atlantic. We are very interested in working with your two navies as well as your air and ground forces however, and thus we would propose at least semi annual exercises and of course you may refuel your aircraft for your diplomatic mission at Lagos International Airport."

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"How early could be initiate a trilateral Atlantic Operations exercise with participation from our three navies?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Video Call Encrypted by Brazilian Cyber Agency

"Brazil currently has The F-03 and F-04 Daegu Class frigates, the AST-01 a San Antonio Class Transport Dock with 600 Marines, 1 Ceibo Class Replenihsment Ship, and 2 Almirante Gastao Motta-class Tankers in Montevideo, Argentina so we are perfectly capable of carrying out an exercise at this moment."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
"The Nigerian Navy currently operates the following vessels and is willing to commit to an exercise and patrol as soon as the other parties are ready. We would also like to officially request a 6 billion dollar loan to float the Nigerian economy for a short period of time, we will be able to quickly pay this loan off."

x1 Akizuki-class Destroyer
x1 Kongo-class DDG
x3 Tuo Chiang-class Stealth Corvette
x6 Kuang Hua VI-class missile boat "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89