STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Australia]: Message to Korea [SEC=PROTECTED]

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

AMBASSADOR OF AUSTRALIA TO THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA

SECURITY CLASSIFICATION: PROTECTED (Encrypted)

30 July 1999

Dear whom it may concern,

I would like to meet with a representative of your government to discuss our bilateral relationship. We feel like there is a lot to talk about and that we may find common ground with Korea on many issues.

Yours sincerely,
Anthony Hely.

Embassy of Australia, JONGNO-GU, SEOUL, GYEONGGI-DO 03154
Telephone: +82 2-2003-0100
Protective Marking:Business Impact Level:Compromise of Information Confidentiality:Required to be Encrypted:

UNOFFICIAL

No Business Impact

No damage. This information does not form part of official duty.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

OFFICIAL

Low Business Impact

No or insignificant damage. This is the majority of routine information.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

OFFICIAL: Sensitive

Low to Medium Business Impact

Limited damage to an individual, organisation or government generally if compromised.

15px-X_mark.svg.png

PROTECTED

High Business Impact

Damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

SECRET

Extreme Business Impact

Serious damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

TOP SECRET

Catastrophic Business Impact

Exceptionally grave damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.

15px-Yes_check.svg.png

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

2560px-Flag_of_the_Government_of_the_Republic_of_Korea.png

1280px-Emblem_of_South_Korea.png

2560px-Flag_of_South_Korea.png

To: Anthony Hely < Owen >
CC: RoseannePark@mofa.kr.gov, JinJeoseong@mofa.kr.gov

Subject: RE: Request

Security: Private and encrypted Protected by the NIS and MoFA DPB
Dear Mr. Hely,

Bureau Director of Oceania and Pacific Island Affairs Director Kang will be available to meet with the Ambassador of Australia at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in his office tomorrow afternoon. The Director looks forward to a fruitful discussion on a wide range of issues and follow up on previous negotiations and agreements concluded by the previous Governments of Australia and Korea. We hope you can supply topic items you wish to discuss so that we may better prepare for the meetings and can be prepared to address the 'common ground' areas of cooperation out highlighted.

Signed with sincerity,
Office of the Bureau Director

Republic of Korea
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
All information is protected from release by the Diplomatic Communications Security Act 1997
Authorized viewing is limited to those directly emailed, cc'd, and bcc'd​

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
As tomorrow approached the Ambassador would make his way to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He would tell the receptionist that he was the Ambassador of Australia here to meet the Bureau Director of Oceania and Pacific Island Affairs. Upon being let into the building he would make his way up to the Director's office.

He would go out to shake the Director's hand.

"G'day Mr. Kang."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Good afternoon Ambassador Hely. Please, have a seat. May I bring you anything, Water, tea?" Bureau Director Kang asked as he shook hands with Ambassador Hely and sat down. Opening one of the black binders from behind him, looking at different files compiled by different ministries, and a pen from his desk as he sat down. "Thank you for scheduling the meeting. I hope we will be able to discuss the items you have on your agenda."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
They would conduct their meeting in secrecy behind closed doors.

"No I'm fine thank you."

He would take a seat opposite Director Kang.

"Mr. Kang I believe we can find a lot of common ground. We have noticed your public statements about Sweden and we wholeheartedly agree. They are.... a menace, to say the least. They are a European country but have managed to find themselves popping up across the Southern Hemisphere. The Southern Hemisphere has for years been standing against them.... Australia, Argentina and South Africa. It is good to finally see the Northern Hemisphere wake up to it, who originally, for the bulk of them, were in Sweden's corner and backed them up all the way, including the United States. Its good to see these countries grow a bit of a spine, stop being afraid of Sweden and stand up for the smaller countries in the Southern Hemisphere. We can't fight Sweden by ourselves nor could South Africa or Argentina, we needed those superpowers. Well they have well and truly established themselves as the foremost power in the Southern Hemisphere now. Unacceptable for a European country who should be sent back to Europe.

I just want to say that whilst you have been vocal against their actions in South Africa, we would appreciate it if that could be mirrored for Antarctica and the Subantarctic Islands which they control. Ridding Sweden from South Africa will not solve the issue. Being scattered across the Indian Ocean still puts them in a prime position to affect the regional peace and security in the Asia-Pacific. Something I'm sure ourselves, yourselves, the United States, Vietnam, China, Japan and Thailand would like to maintain. Sweden does nothing but cause issues, threaten security and make the region unbalanced. They have been doing that for years. They cannot continue to have a presence in the Indian Ocean or the Southern Ocean. Their only presence should be in Europe, in the Arctic Ocean and in the Atlantic Ocean.

What are your thoughts?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Ambassador, thank you for the overview. While Sweden's recent actions have given us much concern over their blatant colonial actions, disrespectful diplomatic actions, and overall disregard for the basic rights of people; I do not necessarily believe that any country has a specific geographic limitation. But, I do concur with the essence of your statements pertaining to Sweden's nefarious actions and scheming plots to destabilize global cooperation and security. Their refusal in respecting the Global Assembly, which we have come to believe includes their use of the secretariat to block two Korean resolutions the current response to their colonial project as well as a previous submission to reform the STOP resolution which empowers the Strategic Registrar. Refuting the verdict of the International Courts in their deliberations and failing to compensate the Arab Republic of Egypt. As well as their continue refusal to implement the terms of the Strategic Arms Registrar.

Regardless, we have come to reassess the bilateral relations between Stockholm and Seoul as we have seen their prioritizes are self-interested and at the expense of global cooperation. I do not however follow your final points, regarding their continued presence in the Southern Hemisphere. What are Australia's policies regarding Sweden's exploitation and role in seizing territory to expand their imperial goals?"

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Well as you are probably aware Sweden controls the entirety of the Antarctic continent and a few Subantarctic Islands. For nations like Australia, who have a long history in Antarctica and are adjacent to Antarctica, this presence is unacceptable and yes we do believe that nations like Sweden should not be colonising half way across the world in such a large fashion. I think I have made it pretty clear what Australia's view towards Sweden's role in seizing territory and expanding their imperial goals is... That is pretty self-evident from the conversation we have had so far."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Korea reaffirms the basic tenets of the defunct 1950s Antarctic Treaty which was undermined by global institutions to enable to exploitation of humanities shared space of Antarctica. The Republic of Korea does not recognize any sole countries right or claim to the Antarctic continent, and will not recognize any such territory as being the physical territory of a sovereign state. Aside from this, I do not believe that there is more to be said on Sweden. We should prioritize at this stage our bilateral relations. The global inept response to Swedish actions only showcases that regardless of our voices and efforts, that of some unseen forces will continue to determine an outcome favorable to their own. One which we have no desire to waste our time and efforts on anymore.

Now. What can we do to work on Australian-Korean relations neglected and forgotten about by previous Governments. Although sharing favorable relations prior, the collapse of the bilateral relations is of disappointment to our Government. We hope to restore the positive relations between Korea and Australia. Which we believe will be helped by reaffirming previous trade and visa agreements. "

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"You need to change your stance on Israel before this meeting can proceed Mr. Kang. If you are going to defend the senseless actions of Turkey in this conflict I do not see us having any sort of meaningful relationship. And may I remind you we were planning on pouring billions into the development of North Korea and that is now on hold." The Ambassador would say bluntly.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Mr. Hely. We will not sell out our support for the Palestinian people because of your commercial threats. I highly advise your Government to rethink their words and that your threat is not reflective of Australian Government Policies. You may leave if your desire is to act as the mouthpiece for Tel Aviv is a priority over being a representative of Australia. If you wish to continue to spew nonsense over this alleged support to one party, you will find that our patience is very short. We don't need your money. We are not beggars on the street."

Owen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof