STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Australia]: Message to Thailand [SEC=SECRET]

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
PRIME MINISTER
SECURITY CLASSIFICATION: SECRET (ENCRYPTED)
2 December 2003
Dear Madam Busadee Santipitaks,

I am summoning you to my office in Parliament House to discuss Thailand's recent movements in the region. Specifically I wish to talk about New Caledonia and your relationships with other regional powers such as Canada, France and Russia. Admittedly the previous government was not too concerned about Australia's paramount foreign policy interests in the Asia-Pacific region, but trust me this government will be watching all matters closely, particularly those pertaining to some of our closest neighbours (i.e. New Caledonia). I hope we can have a fruitful discussion and that you can get me up to speed with Thailand's recent involvements in the region.

Yours sincerely,
Julia Gillard.
Parliament House, CANBERRA, ACT 2600
Telephone: (02) 6277 7700
Protective Marking:Business Impact Level:Compromise of Information Confidentiality:Required to be Encrypted:
UNOFFICIALNo Business ImpactNo damage. This information does not form part of official duty.
15px-X_mark.svg.png
OFFICIALLow Business ImpactNo or insignificant damage. This is the majority of routine information.
15px-X_mark.svg.png
OFFICIAL: SensitiveLow to Medium Business ImpactLimited damage to an individual, organisation or government generally if compromised.
15px-X_mark.svg.png
PROTECTEDHigh Business ImpactDamage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.
15px-Yes_check.svg.png
SECRETExtreme Business ImpactSerious damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.
15px-Yes_check.svg.png
TOP SECRETCatastrophic Business ImpactExceptionally grave damage to the national interest, organisations or individuals.
15px-Yes_check.svg.png

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Busadee, in the radiant glow of the Republic Thai Embassy's fluorescent lights, addressed the assembled Thai community in Australia. After engaging in casual conversations with attendees, she delved into the heart of her speech, announcing the impending overhaul of the embassy's database website following the passage of the Transparency Act.

"In the wake of this legislative change," Busadee shared, "we seek a skilled programmer to navigate this transition. If you know someone with the expertise, kindly reach out to me." Her gaze swept the room, gauging the reactions of those present.

Concluding the event, she emphasized the government's dedication to fostering a fairer and cleaner society. Expressing heartfelt gratitude to everyone, she asserted, "It's my utmost pleasure to serve and represent the Thai people in Australia—I genuinely mean it." With genuine emotion, she concluded her address, offering a traditional 'Wai' to the gathered participants. The applause that followed echoed the impact of her words as the crowd clustered around, appreciating the sincerity of her commitment.

Amid the crowd, a colleague interjected, redirecting Ambassador Busadee's attention to a summons from the Australian Prime Minister. The attendees, though surprised, maintained a respectful understanding of the Ambassador's responsibilities.

Expressing gratitude to the participants one final time, Busadee, accompanied by her colleague, inquired, "What's the matter about, Damrong?" Her tone carried an authentic curiosity.

Damrong responded with measured words, stating, "Australia is shifting towards a more regionally focused and assertive interventionist stance. The Prime Minister wishes to discuss New Caledonia, particularly Thai activity and the previous misunderstanding during the Thai flag scandal. Additionally, he seeks dialogue on our relations with Canada, Russia, and France." Their conversation unfolded as they arrived at the ambassador's office.

Engrossed in conversation, Busadee resumed her seat at the computer. "That's intriguing," she mused, pausing to open her diplomatic correspondence. "However, I don't believe we have any established cooperation with Russia or Canada. The only connection I can think of is the Gepard ships corruption issue, which falls outside my jurisdiction." Her opinion unfolded as she perused the Australian Prime Minister's email.

Damrong observed her patiently as she composed a reply. "I suspect it's tied to the new government's heightened interest in New Caledonia. In my view, it reinforces the interventionist stance, especially with our humanitarian forces there." He concluded, taking a moment to breathe.

Meeting her colleague's eyes, Busadee stated, "I think the message also suggests a desire for enhanced communication and transparency with Thailand. Despite that, our commitment to France remains intact." After a brief pause, she rose from her desk. "I should prepare," she declared.

Foreign-Affairs-photo.png

To: <Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Australia> Owen
Subject: Thai Ambassador Meeting with the Australian Prime Minister, Parliament House
Security Type: NSST Protocol + Secure Encrypted Method - Protect by NIA Counter-Intelligence Service

Prime Minister Gillard,

I wholeheartedly thank you for your correspondence and advance notice of my summon to your office in the Australian Parliament House. I acknowledge your request and urgency, and I will be undertaking the necessary preparation to hold a dialogue with Your Excellency.

Yours in Diplomacy,

Busadee Santipitaks
Thai Ambassador to Australia
Republic of Thailand

Digital Diplomatic Communication​

Ambassador Busader would travel to the Australian Prime Minister afterward, alone, with necessary preparation.

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The Prime Minister's Secretary and a Parliamentary Security Officer would welcome the Ambassador as their car pulled around in a secured entrance on the side of Parliament House.

"Madam Ambassador, the Prime Minister is waiting for you."

She would lead the way through the secured entrance into Parliament House. The Security Officer would follow behind. They would lead their way into the corridors of the offices of Ministers and the Cabinet Room and into the Prime Minister's Office. The Prime Minister would get up from her desk and would shake the Ambassador's hand.

"Madam Ambassador, it is an absolute privilege to finally meet you. I don't believe we met the last time I was Prime Minister. Please take a seat." She would proceed to sit on the comfy chairs around a coffee table.

"Now I've heard quite a lot about Thailand exercising its power across the globe, as is it's right. But I've heard this has also ruffled a few feathers. How would you describe Thailand's current diplomatic arrangements with other global powers? Some good? Some bad?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Following the Australian parliamentary security officer, Busadee, the Thai Ambassador, observed her surroundings keenly, maintaining a professional and confident posture. Upon parting ways with the security guard, she gracefully bowed, expressing, "Thank you for accompanying me, sir," before entering the Australian Prime Minister's office.

In the presence of the Australian Prime Minister, Busadee's attention and respect were swiftly captivated by her well-groomed red hair and elegant countenance. Retaining her confident and professional posture, she transitioned into a more friendly tone while conversing with Prime Minister Gillard. "Thank you, your excellency. It's my honor to be personally hosted by you," she conveyed with a bright, albeit younger, smile, exchanging handshakes. Confirming the Australian Prime Minister's invitation, she took a seat across the desk, meticulously adjusting her attire and hair.

Navigating the shift in tone, Busadee maintained her composure as the Australian Prime Minister transitioned from formality to a more casual demeanor. Attentive to the Prime Minister's remarks and inquiries, she responded with a calm and conciliatory tone. "I've reviewed your email, and I fully comprehend Australia's concerns for the region and its paramount interests," she affirmed, acknowledging the legitimacy of Australia's interests in the Asia-Pacific. "I interpret your message as a call for more transparency and open dialogue with Thailand. I can assure you that Thailand is dedicated to transparency, accountability, and cooperation, exemplified by our recently passed Transparency Act in the Upper House," she conveyed, emphasizing what she perceived as the underlying tone of the Australian Prime Minister's email.

Meeting the Prime Minister's eyes with confidence and maintaining a professional posture, Busadee added, "I welcome the opportunity to clarify Thailand's position on these issues." With a gentle steer, she guided the conversation towards a more productive exchange that could benefit both nations. "Thailand and Australia share a longstanding commitment to democracy, security, and economic prosperity," Busadee began, responding to the Australian Prime Minister's concerns about their activities in New Caledonia. "I want to assure you that our presence there is solely humanitarian. Thailand and France have maintained a close partnership, working collaboratively in various endeavors. In alignment with our broader mission for the people of Asia, we consistently adhere to international norms and respect French sovereignty," she reassured. Acknowledging a potential misunderstanding, she continued, "Yet I understand there may be a perception that Thailand has encroached upon French sovereignty. However, viewing the situation without the biased lens of some Western nations, which often support a hegemonic worldview, it becomes evident that it was a mere miscommunication," she addressed the long-standing misinterpretation, hinting at deliberate efforts to discredit Thailand's international position.

Transitioning into a broader international discourse, she delved into the complexities of Thailand's relationships with Russia and Canada. "When it comes to our bilateral ties with Russia and Canada, unfortunately, our engagement has been rather limited. Thailand has distanced itself from these two nations due to their apparent internal instability, marked by frequent government collapses. Both countries have witnessed over ten government formations each in the past decade," she clarified, addressing the perceived lack of connection between Thailand and these European counterparts. "While it falls outside my direct jurisdiction, I'm aware that Thailand, Canada, and Russia are actively addressing corruption issues related to the unauthorized and disguised sales of ten Gepard-class frigates," she concluded on the matter, highlighting the ongoing efforts to address corruption concerns. Shifting to the Franco-Thai relationship, she affirmed, "To address your question on Franco-Thai relations, our two nations share a special bond as treaty partners and allies on the international stage. Thailand and France boast deep economic ties, military cooperation, and vibrant cultural exchanges. I trust this provides a comprehensive response to your inquiry," she concluded on the topic, encapsulating the intricate tapestry of diplomatic ties between Thailand and France.

Initiating the conversation, she maintained a confident gaze and professional composure. "Bangkok sees its relationship with Canberra as holding high potential for cooperation. Allow me to propose steps towards enhancing our bilateral ties," she directed her attention squarely to the Prime Minister. "Thailand is positioned to host a humanitarian exercise involving the Thai Navy and the Australian Navy. Given the recent instability in our region, I believe we can foster efficient interoperability, utilizing either our coastgaurd offshore patrol helicopter carrier or yours," she revealed, laying one of her cards on the table for her Australian counterpart. "Furthermore, Bangkok is prepared to welcome a state visit from the Australian Prime Minister. This would provide an opportunity to delve into discussions about our bilateral ties and mutual interests in the heart of one of the world's capitals. Your excellency, what is your opinion on this matter?" she laid another card bare, deftly turning the ball into the Australian Prime Minister's court.

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"From what I understand there was a declaration of war made against France by Canada. As you say you boast a very close relationship to France, does Thailand not take this matter seriously? Because of the geopolitical situation regarding France that you find yourself in, it is not in our interest to hold any joint military exercise or state visit at this point in time.

I would like to know more about the situation in New Caledonia. Because of the declaration of war against France by Canada, we are obviously concerned about the situation spilling into France's Pacific possessions and encroaching on Australia's doorstep. I'm worried that your presence there may inflame the current situation. What is the purpose of you being in New Caledonia and how do you see the matter between France and Canada evolving in regards to Thailand?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Listening attentively to the Australian Prime Minister, Ambassador Busadee ensured a deep understanding of the legitimate concerns expressed. As the female premier concluded, Busadee respectfully nodded before maintaining eye contact. "I fully comprehend the potential ramifications of the Franco-Canadian conflict spilling over into Australian territory and the importance of safeguarding its absolute integrity. Thailand wholeheartedly acknowledges your nation's concerns," she reaffirmed, emphasizing Thailand's understanding of the Australian viewpoint.

Transitioning to Thailand's stance on the inter-regional conflict, she elaborated, "The official policy of Thailand, as deliberated through the National Security Council, is a steadfast commitment to our paramount foreign policy of non-interference." Clarifying Thailand's position, she continued, "Our nation refrains from involvement in external affairs or with any country or region unless an explicit request for assistance is made. However, it's crucial to emphasize that we do not condone aggression, and we staunchly advocate for a peaceful resolution," she added, injecting a reassuring note into the discourse.

Highlighting Thailand's presence in New Caledonia, she adjusted her posture, exuding both respect and confidence. "Since 1995, Thailand has stood as a leading humanitarian force, investing billions of USD and dispatching hundreds of thousands of volunteers worldwide. Our engagement in New Caledonia aligns with international norms and the French objective to enhance the well-being and security of the local population. We view our role as a globally recognized humanitarian force, not a flashpoint for conflict," she stated, briefly pausing before continuing.

"Moreover, as per Canada's official policy, they are committed to confining their conflicts within the Americas. While the United States supports Canada's perceived legitimate aggression, they are unwavering in retaliating if the conflict extends to Europe. This sentiment is shared by many European nations," she emphasized, pausing again to underscore Thailand's position. "Similarly, should Canada breach its commitment and bring the conflict to the Asia-Pacific, Thailand is bound to retaliate against any incursion into Asian territory or any European nation's overseas territory in Asia," she concluded, offering a soft smile to the Australian Prime Minister.

Navigating the course toward the Thai-Australian relationship, she pressed on. "Recognizing the complexities of the current geopolitical landscape, I understand your government's potential hesitations regarding joint exercises or a state visit. However, the intrinsic values we share—democracy, security, and economic prosperity—are priceless," she asserted, laying the foundation for her proposal.

"I propose the establishment of joint committees to delve into cooperation between Thailand and Australia across various domains, including trade, disaster relief, and cultural and educational exchange," she suggested, allowing a moment for her words to resonate. "Acknowledging the undeniable challenges in the global economy, it's noteworthy that Thailand boasts one of the most robust infrastructure systems globally, rivaling that of the United States and the United Kingdom," she emphasized, underlining her country's competence on the international stage.

"I believe Australia stands to gain from our expertise as a leading nation in sustainable seafood production. My suggestion is for your nation to dispatch a team of experts to study the implementation of our technology and practices at the Coastal Fisheries and Aquaculture Development facilities in Phuket and Krabi," she proposed, intertwining cooperation and mutual benefit. "For Thailand, enhanced collaboration with Australia would undoubtedly be a positive factor influencing business decisions," she concluded, extending yet another olive branch.

"What is your opinion on our proposition, Your Excellency? The opportunity for our countries to cultivate a fruitful and cordial relationship has never been more promising," she concluded, awaiting the Australian Prime Minister's response, her gaze unwavering and confident.

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Well let me know if there is any logistical support we can offer your forces in New Caledonia as the entire coast of Queensland is a short hop across from New Caledonia. But I will state that that shouldn't be taken as an endorsement of an ongoing Thai presence in New Caledonia or any other activity that Thailand conducts itself in in the region and should the United States or any other major ally of Australia take protest with such a move we will rescind that offer. I would also appreciate it if our Minister of Defence here is periodically updated, via yourself, with Thai moves in New Caledonia, including increasing or decreasing force numbers or if there is any deterioriation in the security situation on the island. I will reinforce that New Caledonia is within the South Pacific Forum as the previous Government of France did sign the forum agreement on behalf of their three Pacific possessions and it doesn't lapse with any new government.

I am unaware of the full extent of Canada's position. I will say we are disappointed that chose to ditch our shared monarchy as Commonwealth Realms in favour of their own monarchy. We will have contact with them shortly I hope. But I am glad to hear you believe that are concentrated on the America's."

The Prime Minister was really not expecting the conversation to turn to the seafood industry.

"Interesting proposal, I'm sure my Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry would have more value to add to such a conversation though as I'm not really.... well-versed on the seafood industry. Obviously there are many avenues for us to explore in terms of trade, being in the same region and we have a shared interest in development in South East Asia and the Pacific Islands. Other ways to improve our relationship, such as in terms of security, may be a while away as we continue to investigate Thailand's position on the globe and how this is being perceived by our main partners."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
In the midst of her attentive engagement with the Australian Prime Minister, Ambassador Busadee’s nods were a steady rhythm, a silent affirmation of her counterpart’s ideas. When her moment to speak arrived, a gentle smile graced her features, a prelude to her forthcoming words. “Your Excellency,” she began, her voice a soft yet firm testament to her diplomatic prowess, “I wish to convey our nation’s heartfelt gratitude for your generous offer of assistance, particularly in the logistical aspects of our humanitarian mission in New Caledonia.” She paused, allowing her words to settle, to resonate. “I am fully aware that your nation is already a part of the established alliance, and I want to reassure you that we respect all decisions made by your administration. We passionately believe that they are in the best interests of your nation.” She paused again, a moment of silence to gather her thoughts, to prepare for the emphasis she wished to place on Thailand’s gratitude. “I cannot overstate the value and productivity of your nation’s assistance. The blue water capability of the Republic Navy is beyond dispute, yet the local New Caledonian population stands to gain immensely from the reliable and proximate supply line from Australia.” Her concluding words were a sincere expression of appreciation, her tone a genuine manifestation of gratitude and hope. “Please accept, Your Excellency, my sincere appreciation and gratitude for your assistance on behalf of our administration.” Her words hung in the air, a testament to the depth of her gratitude and the strength of her hope.

As the conversation shifted towards the periodic update for the Australian Defense Minister, Ambassador Busadee responded with a blend of confidence and respect. "Given your nation's paramount interest, which includes New Caledonia, Thailand is open to formally establishing a secure line of communication between our two Defense Ministers directly," she stated, her voice steady and clear. "Transparency and trust form the bedrock of our foreign policy pillars, and I am in a unique position to facilitate the highest level of communication between your defense minister and our civilian administration." She concluded on a positive note, a brief pause punctuating her words before she moved on to another subject. "Thailand fully recognizes the legitimacy of the South Pacific Forum, a forum our administration deems its productive existence as conducive to the development and stability within the region. Thailand could not act as a humanitarian force in New Caledonia in a vacuum, and we respect the French commitment to the established regional framework." Her words echoed in the room, a testament to her diplomatic acumen and the strength of her convictions.

Busadee looked at the Australian Prime Minister with a sympathetic expression. She could sense his frustration over Canada's recent decision to renounce the Crown and establish its own monarchy. She spoke in a gentle voice, trying to convey her respect and understanding. "I know how much you value the Commonwealth and its shared heritage. It must be hard to see one of its members break away from such a long-standing bond. I can relate to your feelings, as Thailand has also gone through a transition from a monarchy to a republic. However, we have managed to preserve the legacy of our last royal family and honor their service to our country. They are still an integral part of our culture and identity." She nodded slightly, hoping he would appreciate her words.

Busadee shifted her gaze to the topic of economic cooperation. She kept her posture upright and confident, but not rigid. She smiled slightly at the Australian Prime Minister and thanked him for his suggestion. “I’m grateful for your honesty in recommending the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry as a more suitable partner for discussing the potential collaboration in the seafood industry. Thailand is eager to learn from such a minister and find a practical way to pursue our mutual interest.” She paused for a moment, letting her words sink in. Then she continued with a polite request. “Would it be possible for you to personally arrange a diplomatic meeting between the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry and myself in a few days? I think having sometime between our meetings will help our administrations to develop their official policies and prepare for any negotiations.”

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"I'm sure you'd be able to organise a meeting with the Minister, Senator Joe Ludwig.

Do you mind giving me an update on the situation between yourselves and the Republic of the Union of Myanmar?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Busadee nodded attentively as she absorbed the brief response from her Australian counterpart. "Thailand and Myanmar maintain a considerable distance, despite our geographical proximity. Myanmar grapples with a civil war, ruled by both the military government and the democratically-elected exile government. While I appreciate your curiosity, I believe there isn't much to delve into regarding Thailand and Myanmar's relationship," she concluded, poised to transition from the topic.

With a calm and sincere tone, she initiated, "Your Excellency, if I may, it seems we have explored all feasible topics in this dialogue. If you concur, I want to underscore the enduring nature of the Thai-Australian relationship. Education and cultural ties have long connected our nations, fostering a foundation for potential long-term partnership and cooperation. Our shared interests in regional development and security make cultivating a resilient and multifaceted relationship beyond immediate concerns of paramount importance to Thailand."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"There's no position by Thailand on Myanmar's military government and as you say... democratically-elected exile government, despite the fact that you directly border them.....? From what I understand, Thailand invaded Myanmar and withdrew their forces. You also had a confrontation with the United States Navy in the Indian Ocean. I will remind you that Australia maintains two territories in the Indian Ocean, which are considered apart of South East Asia, Christmas Island and Cocos (Keeling) Islands. Also 900 Thai sailors arrested in Canada after you sailed ships into the territorial waters of Canada. This is all from open source intelligence from media reports.

There was also an incident of Thai Coast Guard and the Polish Navy in the TIMOR SEA, which for the most of it is within our EEZ. That's probably the most concerning matter to us, from both parties operating in that area. If you have ships sailing that close to Australia I must take protest with that, likewise to the Polish. I will remind you that the Torres Strait is entirely Australian territorial waters. Do you believe at any point the Polish had actually crossed into Australian territorial waters? If they planned on sailing between the Cape York and Papua New Guinea they would have crossed our territorial waters, if they went north they would have crossed Indonesia's territorial waters.

Frankly Madam Ambassador, there's a lot going on and you are not being as transparent as you have promised, in line with your government's new policy. There was even speculation that you attempted to annex New Caledonia... is this correct?"

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Busadee listened attentively and calmly as the Australian Prime Minister presented another perspective on the Thai activity in the region. She nodded consistently, acknowledging the notion and sentiment held by a nation of Western-influenced. As her counterpart finished, she gazed the Australian Prime Minister with a confident, yet respectful posture. “Prime Minister, I appreciate the perspective you've shared and acknowledge the concerns held by your government based on their understanding of the region. However, I must respectfully offer a distinct perspective informed by historical context and reliable sources.” She paused, allowing the Australian Prime Minister to acknowledge. “Open-source intelligence, particularly post-dating the mid-1990s, can be demonstrably inaccurate. As you know, Myanmar has a long and complex history, including periods of both military rule and democratic governance. While I commend your commitment to informed decision-making, a deeper understanding of the region’s historical landscape is crucial.” She paused briefly, letting her word sink and emphasizing the importance of historical context. “Based on my thorough understanding, informed by both official records and historical scholarship, I can categorically state that there have been no instances of Thai aggression towards Myanmar since the 18th century. The source of the information you mentioned remains unclear, and I have serious reservations about its reliability, particularly considering the historical prevalence of mischaracterizations regarding Thailand in certain narratives.” She sighed briefly, signaling her counterpart to recognize the importance of multiple viewpoints.

Responding to the Australian Prime Minister’s remark on the United States and Thailand, she maintained her composure. “Prime Minister, I appreciate your raising this topic. While I understand your administration's focus on its immediate sphere of influence, I believe it's crucial to engage in fact-based discussions, particularly when referring to potentially ambiguous sources. While Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands share cultural ties with Southeast Asia and may be considered transregional in some contexts, it's essential to acknowledge the internationally recognized framework. As you're aware, most Southeast Asian nations recognize these islands as part of Australian territory and, by extension, Oceania.” She paused again, allowing her counterpart to acknowledge the internationally recognized framework.

“Prime Minister, while I acknowledge the diverse interpretations of the recent situation between Thailand and the United States, it's essential to engage in dialogue based on verifiable facts and official channels. It's important to remember the long history of cooperation and understanding between our two nations. As you know, President Gore and Prime Minister Thaksin shared a deep appreciation for the global power dynamics and the potential consequences of strained relations. Our navies boast a rich history of collaboration, and Thailand and the United States were longstanding allies prior to the dissolution of the United Nations. Recognizing the evolving global landscape, our leaders have strategically cultivated a neutral and reserved relationship that fosters global stability.” She paused briefly before continuing. “Regarding the alleged capture of Thai sailors in Canada, I can assure you that such matters concerning international legal issues fall outside my direct purview. However, I encourage seeking information through appropriate diplomatic channels.” She concluded.

Continuing her response, she remained diplomatically assertive and respectful, maintaining her diplomatic decorum as all diplomats should. “Prime Minister, while I appreciate your focus on your nation's regional interests, I must respectfully reiterate that no incident occurred as you described. The presence of Polish vessels, long-standing allies of Thailand, within the Indonesian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) adheres to the internationally recognized principle of Freedom of Navigation. Their encounter with Thai patrol ships was purely coincidental. While I understand your nation's potential concerns regarding naval activity in your vicinity, diplomatic protests are unnecessary when vessels are exercising their universally recognized rights. Indonesia's vast territorial waters have historically accommodated significant maritime traffic. Restricting passage through established commercial transit routes within their EEZ would effectively impede navigation through the Strait of Malacca, impacting global trade. Thailand remains committed to regional stability, and we encourage all nations to uphold the established international frameworks governing maritime navigation within Southeast Asia.” She concluded.

Lastly, after hearing the Australian Prime Minister’s closing remark, she would respond with a respectful tone. “Prime Minister, I acknowledge the complexities of the current global landscape and appreciate your administration's perspective. However, throughout our dialogue, I have strived to maintain transparency, accountability, and a collaborative spirit. Unfortunately, effective diplomacy requires reciprocity from all parties involved.” She paused while she maintained confident eye contact, allowing her counterpart to acknowledge the power dynamic in the room. “As I have reiterated, Thailand's presence in New Caledonia is solely humanitarian, and we have demonstrably refrained from any annexation attempts since the dissolution of the Rattanakosin Kingdom in 1997. I trust that a leader of your esteemed caliber would refrain from unsubstantiated claims about a nation demonstrably committed to progress and humanitarian values” She paused.

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"I think you misinterpreted what I meant about the route of the Polish Navy. If they were, as alleged, transversing through the Timor Sea, which does have international waters within both Australia and Indonesia's EEZ, at some point they would have to cross either Australia or Indonesia's TERRITORIAL waters, as Australia's territorial waters crosses the entire Torres Strait and Indonesia's territorial waters are continuous within the archipelago from West Papua all the way to Sumatra. Indonesia's vast territorial waters have indeed accomodated maritime traffic.... of a commercial nature. I don't think they would take kindly to naval warships transversing their waters, and as the so-called defendants of South East Asia I'm surprised you are not more concerned about Polish naval vessels in the region. So did the Polish Navy end up going into Australia or Indonesia's territorial waters? If they were transversing the area, those are the only options, I highly doubt they made their way into the Timor or Arafura Seas from the Indian Ocean and then made their way back out again the way they came, seems most unusual.

Whilst you maintain a right to have your navy patrolling within Australia's EEZ, we still maintain the right to protest such a move as provocative."

Bossza007

Bossza007

I am From Thailand
GA Member
World Power
May 4, 2021
Ambassador Busadee, ever attentive to her Australian counterpart, who had proven to be, frankly, insecure and skeptical, maintained her diplomatic decorum. Her demeanor remained steadfast, shielding her in the façade of professionalism and respectful confidence. As her turn came, she initiated another response to the Australian Prime Minister.

“Your Excellency, I appreciate your raising the topic of regional naval activity. While I understand your potential concerns regarding vessels from other nations, I believe there may have been a slight misunderstanding in our communication. As I previously mentioned, the Kingdom of Poland is a long-standing and valued ally of Thailand. This strong partnership is further bolstered by the close personal relationship between our Prime Minister and the Polish King. Both leaders maintain open communication channels to address any potential concerns. It's important to clarify that I haven't alluded to Thai Coast Guard patrols within the Australian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). As you know, Australia is geographically located in Oceania, distinct from Southeast Asia, which is the primary focus of our regional mission. She paused once more to let her counterpart gathered her thought. “Your Excellency, while I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention, I must respectfully refrain from engaging in speculation. As a diplomat, I am committed to upholding the principles of factual discourse and avoiding unsubstantiated claims. Our discussion today is focused on the situation in New Caledonia and Thailand's activities in the region. Regarding your concerns about Polish vessels potentially entering the Australian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) or territorial waters, I trust that a nation with the esteemed maritime capabilities of Australia possesses the necessary intelligence and resources to address such matters independently. However, if you believe direct communication between Australia and Poland is necessary to alleviate these concerns, Thailand stands ready to facilitate such a dialogue in a spirit of cooperation.” She concluded on a respectful note.

Moving on from the dialogue, Busadee deemed that the dialogue has reached its conclusion given that her counterpart was now steering it toward topics not associated with this dialogue’s spirit. “Your Excellency, I believe we have covered the key points outlined in your initial request regarding Thai activity in New Caledonia and our relations with other nations. If you wish to delve into additional topics beyond the scope of this discussion, I would appreciate the opportunity to prepare comprehensive information beforehand. Given the limited time available since your invitation, I am currently unable to provide in-depth responses on unrelated matters. However, I am happy to schedule a follow-up meeting to address any further inquiries you may have, allowing me to provide the most accurate and well-considered information.” She concluded, observing how her counterpart would response.

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Rapidly losing trust and confidence in the Ambassador's words the Prime Minister would smile.

"Well Madam Ambassador I think that's all we have time for. Was lovely to finally meet up with you." She would stand up and lean in for a hand shake.

"Hopefully we can catch up soon." The security guard would escort her back out the entrance.

Bossza007

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II