STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Australia | Message to the Netherlands

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

DFAT-Logo.gif

Encrypted & Secured by the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation​
To: Mr J.J. van Aartsen (Foreign Minister | (Tim))
Cc: Mr John W. Howard (Prime Minister | Australia), Mr Alexander J. Downer (Foreign Minister | Australia)
Subject:Formal Relations

Dear Minister Indra Kumar Gujral,

It is great pleasure that I am writing this email, firstly I'd like to congratulate you on being appointed as the new Foreign Minister for the Kingdom of the Netherlands. I look forward to seeing the Kingdom shine again and become a power it once used to be, the Commonwealth sees the Kingdom as a strong future partner within the European Region as we share the same beliefs and principles, I'd like to invite you to the Commonwealth of Australia to meet with myself to begin formal relations been our two grand nations or I can visit yourself or another member of your government to begin these talks. I look forward to hearing a reply from yourself as well as working with you in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Mr Tim A. Fischer
Deputy Prime Minister

Copyrighted @ Australia
[tr] [/tr]
[tr][tr]
[/tr][/tr]

Tim

Kingdom of the Netherlands
Dec 25, 2020
70px-Logo_rijksoverheid.svg.png

MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS

Recipient
Subject
Security

Mr Tim A. Fischer, Deputy Prime Minister < JamieA >​
RE: Formal Relations​
PRIVATE

Dear Minister Fischer,

Thank you very much for the kind words, I too am looking forward to taking a step to put our country back on the world map as an important international player. I would be able to visit you in Australia for a period of two days in the next week. Assuming we are going to discuss trade I would also like to take State Secretary G. Ybema of Economic Affairs with me. If there are any other topics such as education, culture and the arts or other major topics you wish to discuss please let me know so I can see if the responsible minister or state secretary is available.

Yours sincerely,

J.J. van Aartsen
Minister
Ministry of Foreign Affairs

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

DFAT-Logo.gif

Cc: Mr John W. Howard (Prime Minister | Australia), Mr Alexander J. Downer (Foreign Minister | Australia)
Subject:Formal Relations

Thank you for the prompt and quick reply, I'll be able to host you at your earliest convenience. Topics such as Trade, Education, Defence as well as Culture will be discussed. I look forward to meeting with you.

Warmest regards,
Mr Tim A. Fischer
Deputy Prime Minister

Copyrighted @ Australia
[tr] [/tr]
[tr][tr]
[/tr][/tr]

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Recipient
Subject
Security

PRIVATE

Dear Minister Fischer,

After internal communication we have prepared a possible schedule and information for the official visit. Please send us the appropriate forms for the visa applications so we can send them as soon as possible. Please let us know if there are any issues or amendments you wish to make to the proposed delegation and/or schedule.

[1] Delegation
The official Dutch delegation will consist of:
- Minister of Foreign Affairs Mr J.J. van Aartsen
- State Secretary of Economic Affairs Mr G. Ybema
- Two employees of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- One employee of the Ministry of Economic Affairs

[2] Schedule
Wednesday 16 April
Thursday 17 April

Friday 18 April

Saturday 19 April
Departure: Rotterdam The Hague Airport, 4:00 AM
Arrival: Canberra Airport, 9:15 AM
Talks at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Canberra)
Continue talks at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Departure: Canberra Airport, 6:00 PM
Arrival: Rotterdam The Hague Airport, 11:15 PM​

Yours sincerely,

J.J. van Aartsen
Minister

Last edited:

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

DFAT-Logo.gif

Subject: Formal Relations

I look forward to meeting you on the 17th of March for our talks. For all visa applications please visit the following link: https://www.dfat.gov.au/citizenship-visa-application, I shall ensure the visa's are issued promptly once the applications are received.

Warmest regards,
Mr Tim A. Fischer
Deputy Prime Minister

Copyrighted @ Australia
[tr] [/tr]
[tr][tr]
[/tr][/tr]

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Recipient
Subject
Security

PRIVATE

Dear Minister Fischer,

All visa applications have been sent in. I look forward to seeing you on the 17th. Our flight KL205 will arrive around 9:15 AM at Canberra. We will be travelling from the Airport to the Ministry by taxi and should arrive around 10 AM. We will contact you by phone once we know our exact arrival time.

Yours sincerely,

J.J. van Aartsen
Minister

On the 16th of April the five personnel members met eachother at Rotterdam airport at 3 AM, going through security and the border guards to arrive at the gate where they boarded the aircraft at 3:55 AM. The aircraft departed five minutes later than planned, but at 4:05 AM they were in the air. During the flight they went over some files and did some preparation before getting a good night sleep on the aircraft, some of them having more trouble sleeping in the seats than others. After 20 hours of flight time and fifteen minutes they arrived at 9:20 AM local time.

They went to pick up their baggage and with their baggage and went on to the border guards where Minister J.J. van Aartsen went first. He presented his passport, "Good morning, I'm part of the Dutch delegation of Foreign Affairs, our visa's should be pre-prepared here since we applied for them later than usual and didn't receive them yet."

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

DFAT-Logo.gif

Subject: Formal Relations

Dear Minister van Aartsen,

Thank you for submitting those applications so promptly, I have already received word that all visa's have been approved which will be handed to each person once they have arrived at border control. If needed I can organise a an Australian Federal Police convoy for your whole visit while here in the Commonwealth, do let me know if this is what you want. I look forward to meeting with you.

Warmest regards,
Mr Tim A. Fischer
Deputy Prime Minister

Copyrighted @ Australia

It would be normal at the border control, the Border Order would look up and down the Minister nodding to him before speaking "Welcome Australia! Certainly, just give me a second to bring those up for you" He'd pause before looking to the computer and pile of visa's then handing them over to the Dutch Delegation "Here you go Minister van Aartsen, please do enjoy your stay " the border guard would continue his duty. An AFP Convoy would be placed on standby in case its needed, while the Deputy Prime Minister would be alerted of the arrival of the flight and would help begin preparing a conference room at his residence where numerous refreshments from both Australia and the Netherlands would be laid along with both the Australian and Dutch flags would be draped on gold flag poles.

Last edited:

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

With the visa's now ready the other four members of the delegation identified themselves before being let through. A pickup had been arranged with the hotel for their baggage. After giving their baggage to the staff member they went to their pre-arranged pickup consisting of two cars which would drive the five members to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs office in Canberra. As they got within a few minutes Minister van Aartsen called Deputy Prime Minister Fischer's office, "This is Minister van Aartsen, we'll be arriving at the ministry in about five minutes." Upon getting a confirmation he then hung up the phone.

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

The Deputy Prime Minister would begin waiting down in the reception area to wait for the Dutch Delegation. Once arrived the Dutch delegation they would be marked in on reception where the Deputy Prime Minister would lead the way to the conference room. Minister Fisher would gesture for the delegation to take their seats "Please help yourself to any refreshments, I hope the flight wasn't too long and uncomfortable! Thank you for coming on such short notice!" the Minister paused allowing the Dutch to speak
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

The five Dutch citizens all helped themselves to some refreshments, taking a drink and a small snack. "I'm used to long flights but this always beats your expectations sadly, but I believe we all managed to get some sleep." Minister van Aartsen spoke. Anneroos Houkes, the policy officer of the ministry of economic affairs yawned, "Some more than others," she said, having had some trouble sleeping during the long flight, but she did get some hours sleep.

"No problem at all. We're starting to get into the flow of international diplomacy and such a visit would be a great way for me and State Secretary Ybema to get worked in with our ministerial personnel, and of course hopefully we can also get some things done." They all got seated in the conference room and took out their notepads and prepared notes from the suitcase one of them brought.

"Shall we start with getting in a list of topics so we can work our way down that list, not forgetting anything? Of course we can later always add more to it." Janna ter Huurne, policy officer for Foreign Affairs, asked as she took her notepad and pencil.

"Of course opening up trade routes will be an agenda point," she said, looking at the two colleagues from Economic Affairs who came mainly to discuss that, and possibly some other investment opporunities but nothing besides that. She looked at the Australian minister to see if he had anything to add to the list first.
JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

"Certainly, trade is definitely on the table. I'd like to also talk about the economic affairs in Europe as it would give us a better insight in what is happening, along with the tourism industry as well as military affairs if possible. Is this alright with you Mr Minister?" the Minister paused, moving over to the refreshment table grabbing a few things again before sitting down, an aide would bring plenty of notebooks and notes passed over from other ministrys for this meeting
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

As he listed the agenda points they were added to the list which now included the following:
  • Trade routes
  • Economic affairs in Europe
  • Tourism
  • Military

"That sounds wonderful, I believe State Secretary Ybema can get us started with the trade route then," Minister van Aartsen said. State Secretary Ybema nodded. "Certainly, we prepared a document with both our countries exports so we can have a look. Since there is quite a discrepancy between the Tariffs we would like to first know which goods Australia seeks so we can look for a mutually beneficial deal that satisfies those wishes." The employee of economic affairs handed them both a printout of the tarrif prices.

Netherlands
1. Food and Livestock
2. Chemicals
3. Manufactured goods
4. Flowers
5. Machinery and Transport Equipment

$3,500,000.00
$4,500,000.00
$4,000,000.00
$2,000,000.00
$2,750,000.00
Australia
1. Coal
2. Aluminium
3. Natural Gas
4. Petroleum
5. Iron Ore

$1,500,000.00
$1,000,000.00
$1,500,000.00
$1,750,000.00
$1,000,000.00

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

"We'd be looking to acquire Chemicals, Machinery and Transport Equipment along with Manufactured goods & Flowers. Would this be a problem with you Mr Minister?" the Australian paused allowing the Dutch to speak while pulling out a folder, placing this in front of him as he looked at the Dutch taking a sip of his drink before placing it back down. The aides would begin to take notes once more as and when the Dutch spoke
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020
"Of course not, currently all our exports are in great supply meaning we are looking to establish numerous trade routes with them. As for us, we would be interested in all Australian exports." the State Secretary said as some notes were being taken. His employee would make a comment based off the two proposed imports. "The nett tarrif due to the Netherlands would be 6.5 million, going from the base tarrifs. Due to the distance I believe a monthly shipment would be best, but this is ultimately up to you two. As for the logistics, the Australian coal aluminium, coal and iron ore could be combined into one bulk carrier. The chemicals, natural gas and petroleum will all require separate tankers so three tankers, and the machinery, flowers and manufactured goods can be combined onto one container ship. This would thus require three tankers, one bulk carrier and one container carrier, or more if a larger quantity of goods is desired."

The state secretary nodded. "I believe this logistic plan works, but please let me know if you would like to expand it. As for the costs, does Australia currently have ships that could be used to make this trade route?"

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

"We can definitely agree on a monthly basis and we can review this in a few months time to ensure this is doing alright for both parties, only problem for us is the tariffs on certain products we believe these are too steep for what they are, is there an agreement we can come too for them to be lowered or a free trade across both parties for the products? Australia has enough ships to deal with these trade requests"
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

"That sounds agreeable, reviewing these sorts of things and how they influence our economy and other internal affairs is always good."

"We understand, the tariffs are based on a full ships load of goods. We also understand that the Australian goods are extremely competetively priced and add more value than we pay for. We can agree to a free trade deal under the condition that the Australian ships are paid by, and serviced and maintenanced by the Australian government. This way we receive the tariffs inderectly as we do not have any costs for the trade. We hope this is acceptable."

The employees were taking notes of the conversation, and now had a full plan written out, except for one detail. "Which Australian port will be used?" she asked. "Or if they are different per good, please fill them in accordingly," she added, deciding to hand the piece of paper to the Australians as they would also be othe one implementing it.

INTERVAL: Monthly
BULK 1: Coal, Aluminium, Iron Ore (from ..... to Rotterdam)
TANKER 1: Natural Gas (from ..... to Rotterdam)
TANKER 2: Petroleum (from ..... to Rotterdam)
TANKER 3: Chemicals (from Rotterdam to ....)
CONTAINER 1: Manufactured goods, Flowers, Machinery and Transport Equipment (from Rotterdam to ....)
JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

The Minister looked to the form before looking back to the Dutch Counterpart speaking "We can definitely agree to that, I must thank you for agreeing to a free trade between our two nations! If you'd like I can have an agreement written up which you can look at and sign to make it official?" while the Minister waited he'd feel out the form and pass it back to the Dutch Counterpart.
INTERVAL: Monthly
BULK 1: Coal, Aluminium, Iron Ore (from Melbourne to Rotterdam)
TANKER 1: Natural Gas (from Melbourne to Rotterdam)
TANKER 2: Petroleum (from Melbourne to Rotterdam)
TANKER 3: Chemicals (from Rotterdam to Melbourne)
CONTAINER 1: Manufactured goods, Flowers, Machinery and Transport Equipment (from Rotterdam to Melbourne)
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

"Having an agreement drawn up sounds great, in that we can formalize these trade routes and the payment of the ships by Australia as we discussed. As for the filing of the paperwork to the International Port Authority, will Australia take care of all 5 submissions or should the Port of Origin determine who does this?" He went on, writing down his notes about the deal. "And in case of the latter, do you have ships you could transfer to us to be used for this trade route or would your administration be able to pay for the two ships?"

After getting all the details about the trade route the minister wrapped it up. "I believe that is all about the trade, if I am not mistaken? If so we can move on to the next point on the agenda which is the economic situation in Europe."
JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

"Wonderful, the Australian Administration has contracted all shipping deals with the Australian National Line company. If need be, we can get the Australian National Line to do the reverse trip, it all depends on your needs." the Minister paused allowing an aide to place a File, who would then pass it over to the Dutch Counterpart to read. The Australian waited for the Dutch to comment, while getting a drink and some food from the refreshment table on the side.
Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

"If the Australian National Line could also manage the goods shipped from the Netherlands to Australia I believe we have a fair deal. That way Australia will carry the costs of shipment which will be counteracted by the difference in tariffs we are agreeing to ignore for the free trade agreement." the State Secretary said before reading the document completely. He nodded a few times as he read it over and then gave it to his personnel member who also read it. "I believe it looks fine. Could you send a fax copy to my ministry in the Netherlands so our legal department can also confirm it is completely correct?"

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mr van Aartsen, decided that with the trade settled it was time to move over to the next topic. "I believe we can move on from trade now, correct? Upon confirmation the trade deal can be signed." The personnel member who took notes then answered: "Next on the agenda is the economic situation in Europe." The minister nodded, "I certainly understand you wanting to discuss this, the last few months have seen some big hits on the economy. Luckily the stock market seems to be recovering and so does the spending of the general population."
JamieA

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear