STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Brazil - Phone Call to France

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Alone in his darkened study, lit only by a lone desk lamp and the glow of his iPad mini, Brazilian President Victor Romero is pouring over the plans of a joint naval exercise with a neighboring country.

He is listening to Pakistani singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, the volume on low. He discovered the singer when the Pakistani Prime Minister visited a month ago and has been listening to the howling wails of of the Pakistani icon incessantly ever since.

He reaches for his bottle of Johnny Walker Blue, and pours himself his second drink of the night. He relights his half-finished Cohiba and then punches a button on the phone. It is to his Cyber Security Team.

"Yes, encrypt a phone call please. International. I wish to speak to the King of France. Buzz me when the encryption is finished."

He takes a sip of the JW, a slight tingling going down his throat, a slight burn when it hits his belly.

His phone buzzes. He picks up the receiver.

"Encryption is complete, Mr. President."

President Romero listens to the phone ringing on the other end. When it is picked up he says,

"Bon Jour. This is President Romero of Brazil. I wish to speak King Louis. I will hold."

Last edited:

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
Inside the Élysée Palace in Paris, business was as usual. The King was hard at work, checking over various plans and messages from government officials.

The telephone buzzed and without hesitation, the King put down his pen and and accepted the securely linked telephone call.

"President Romero, great to hear from you once again! I trust you are well?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I am doing well your majesty, thank you. I would like to expand on our recent talks about French and Brazilian mutual investment and economic ties."

As is his custom, the President takes a long pull from his Cohiba and then takes a quick sip from his Johnny Walker before putting the glass and stogie down.

"I believe we can offer each other much, and the trade offs will be cost effective.

Currently, Brazil, is the largest producer of ethanol fuel in the world.

Ethanol lowers carbon monoxide emission from you car by up to 30%, reduces exhaust VOC emissions by 12%, reduces toxic emissions by 30%, and reduces carbon dioxide greenhouse gasses by a staggering 35% more than gasoline does.

We have plans in place to build French ethanol plants in Brazil, that will function to only produce ethanol fuel for the French Market.

We will also consult with Citroen, Peugeot and Renault about building plants here in Brazil, building only cars that are flex-fuel cars and motorcycles."

President Romero takes another long puff of his Cohiba and spews out its carcinogens.

"In exchange, we are looking to purchase at least 100 Dassault Rafele carrier variants, as well as 150 LeClerc MBT"s. Possibly more."

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
"Mr.President, I am afraid we currently do not have a need to invest in more ethanol. EurObserv’ER's annual Biofuels Barometer has placed France as Europe's largest producer of the fuel, exporting more than we consume."

He stopped for a moment to take a sip of his Cafe au Lait.

"Please do not view this refusal as us wishing to halt negotiations, we are certainly interested in your wish to purchase equipment from us - the LeClerc is a most impressive technical vehicle! But France purchasing Ehanol is the equivalent of Brazil purchasing soybeans, despite being the world's largest producer. I'm sure you understand, Victor?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Not a problem at all your Highness. I completely understand. And, yes. Based on our research, the LeClerc is the finest MBT in the world. Which is why would like to purchase them for our Marine Corps. Could you give me a price quote on 150 LeClercs and 100 Dassault Rafaele M's? Once we agree on a price I will pay you 50% up front and the other half upon delivery."

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
"That sounds most satisfactory. I shall refer this business to the necessary parties and have them come up with a price for you. It makes me most delighted that you wish to formulate a deal with Francia." The King paused for a moment. "Is there any other business you wish to discuss?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes, of course. Once the deal has been signed and sealed, you must come to Brazil to watch those beautiful Dassaults steam down the runway in person yourself. A state visit is necessary."

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
"I look forward to experiencing your wonderful country first hand! Likewise, no visit to Europe is complete without a tour of Paris! We would be honoured to host you! I'll get Pascal Dupont, my Minister to forward you the proposed prices. Take care!" The King warmly ended the call and quickly emailed Pascal Dupont to make the necessary arrangements.

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
ForeignRelations.png

To: President Vince Romero, Brazil
CC: Édouard Lucroy
Subject: Defence Investments

Dear Mr Romero,

The King has informed me of your desire to purchase French made military vehicles, naturally we are very pleased that you wish to conduct your business with us.

Below are the proposed prices with relevant discounts as a gesture of good will.

Product

Amount

Price Per Unit (Catalogue Price)

Total Without Discount

Discount Percentage

Total With Discount

Dassault Rafale C

$80,251,760.00

$8,025,176,000.00

10%

$7,222,658,400.00

AMX Leclerc

$9,770,580.00

$1,465,587,000.00

10%

$1,319,028,300.00

TOTAL:

$8,541,686,700.00

Many thanks,

Pascal Dupont

Pascal03.png

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Francia

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The Brazilian Encryption Team Encrypts the following letter to Minister Pascal so that it is for his eyes only.

Dear Minister Pascal,

The Prices are excellent and, may I say, the gesture of good will is much too kind. We will gladly remit the money to France once the world banks are ready to receive them. However, it is the Dassault M, we are currently seeking. We will be happy to purchase the Dassault C at a later date.

And as we try to keep everything as uniformly possible, very soon we will sell of our South Korean K2 Tiger MBT's so we can use the proceeds to purchase more LeClercs.

I hope you find this both reasonable and exciting.

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
ForeignRelations.png

Dear Mr Romero,

Here is a revised pricing with the Dasdault Rafale C replaced with the Dassault Rafale M.

Once again, we appreciate your wish to do business with France.

Product

Amount

Price Per Unit (Catalogue Price)

Total Without Discount

Discount Percentage

Total With Discount

Dassault Rafale M

$92,149,550.00

$9,214,955,000.00

10%

$8,293,459,500.00

AMX Leclerc

$9,770,580.00

$1,465,587,000.00

10%

$1,319,028,300.00

TOTAL: $9,612,487,800.00

Many thanks,

Pascal Dupont

Pascal03.png

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of Francia

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
To: Mr. Dupont

This is excellent news. When the production of weaponry is allowed once again, we will gladly send 50% of the funds initially and then 50% upon completion. We are also thinking of selling our K2 Black Panthers from Korea to facilitate the purchase of more LeClerc's from you and other French military hardware. Thank you again, Mr. DuPont.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
To: Mr Dupont.

We are ready to send the funds just as soon as you can assure that the Dassault Rafale M variant can be produced in the number (100) we have asked for. And as previously stated we wish for you and other representatives of French industry to visit Brazil upon the arrival of the Dassault's as we wish to purchase other French military systems. We are particularity interested in the LeClerc tank and are interested in speaking with the reps from the Nexter Group concerning weapons systems for our Marine Corps and special forces.

Exultris

Imperial Austria
Jul 1, 2018
ForeignRelations.png

Dear Mr Romero,

French production and engineering can handle that amount without difficulty. We are confident that we can produce both quantity and quality. We also would greatly look forward to visiting your country and further solidifying relations between our two countries. I am sure that the Nexter Group would be delighted in hearing from you, as well as being able to negotiate a deal regarding the fine LeClerc Tanks.

I look forward to personally meeting you in your country at your convenience.

Regards,

Pascal Dupont

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Dear Mr. Dupont,

Please start production immediately on the 100 Dassault Rafale M. We will pay 50% up front and the final 50% upon delivery. I am currently in Europe and perhaps we could meet in person to talk more about the future of our relations. With a prompt reply I can make arrangements for President Romero to attend as well.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Dear Mr. Dupont,

It is excellent news the Dassaults are are in Production. Could you please direct us to where the funds need to be sent and we will be all set once the planes have arrived.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The President and Defence Minister Oscar DeSilva are in a joyous mood. The coffee table is strewn with Brazilian snacks like Coxinha, KIbbeh and Acarajé.

posts%2FBlogPost30511%2F1460016721238-shutterstock_374443807.jpg

They are also well deep into a Bootle of Johnny Walker Blue.

"This is grand moment for us Oscar. With the Dassault's and our future carriers our Navy will be formidable and we will punch more than a bit above our weight internationally."

"Thank you, sir. It was expensive. But well worth it. For the reasons you just mentioned.

The phone rings in the Presidential den.

The president gets up from the sofa and jabs a button on the phone.

"Is the encryption ready?"

"Yes, Mr. President."

"Thank you."

After a bit of a pause.

"Please put me through to his Majesty. I will hold."

@Exultris

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren