STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Brazil] Phone call to Portugal

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
Eduardo Lima Santos, Chief of Science, Technology and Innovation, would contact the Minister of Science, Technology, and Education of Portugal through a Secure and Encrypted line.

@Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
As per standard security measures, the line was made sure to be secured and encrypted before forwarding the call to her personal office. Gracília Afonso Pereyra, Minister of Science, Technology, and Education would answer shortly.

"You have reached Gracília Pereyra, Minister of Science, Technology, and Education of Portugal. How may I be of service?"

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Ah, hello Minister Pereyra, I'd like to talk to you about a joint venture idea I have been thinking about as of recently, and I wanted to know of your opinion on in, It is very much ambitious. If I may say so myself."

Eduardo was a rather young man, Although his passion and love for Science and Technology was undeniable, he was a good candidate for his position.

@Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"A Joint-Venture? That sounds interesting Minister... Eduardo? If I am not mistaken. Ambitiousness is what we Portuguese revel in, but I would like to know more about your plans. No plan is too ambitious in the name of science I'll tell you that!"

She would laugh before listening in for his reply. Pereyra was far older than Eduardo but still retains her young spirit nonetheless. The path she took to reach this position was long and hard, but she wants to serve Portugal, and subsequently the world, by pushing the boundary of science and research.

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Indeed, Well. I have been thinking of a Project I named "Atlantis"

Its a Project for a Joint-Ventured Deep Sea Exploration Program between the two of our countries, the ambitious part however, is different.

I was thinking of the possibility of building an Underwater Habitat, but unlike any other the world has seen..it would be bigger than any other of its kind, and it would be built with modules, what do you think?
"

Eduardo had the biggest smile on his face as he explained his Project, his enthusiasm was clear.

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"That sounds very interesting Minister. As far as I know, no one else had tried this before, and certainly, we could be touching on uncharted territory in terms of scientific exploration of the sea. I don't know what wonders we may face in the bottom of the ocean, but I do know that Portugal is more than willing to accompany her Brazilian cousins in exploring new horizons. Do you have any plans on where to put this underwater habitat of yours? I'd suggest we send in teams to search for the most appropriate area. "

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"I was thinking of establishing a Research center in the Azores as a more central location, from there we can conduct Search operations for the most appropriate area for the establishment of the Underwater Habitat.

The Azores is a central location for both of our nations, so I believe its the best location to conduct such a search, what do you think?
"

The young chief sat back on his chair, looking out at the Imperial District with a smile on his face, clearly excited.

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Very well. The Azores is indeed a nice location for us to conduct underwater research, being far enough to be located near the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Hopefully, our efforts would be recognized by the International Scientific Community. I would like to put forth the concern on how we can contribute to the project... equally, if you may. Portugal is more than capable of researching materials and equipment to aid us in this magnificent project."

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"This is why I have called you in the first place Minister Pereyra, I wish to turn this Project into a joint-venture between Portugal and Brazil, I'm sure we can use the extra help from our Lusophonic brothers.

First however, I believe we have to construct the Infrastructure necessary to start the project, A sort of Naval Base that can house the supplies and vessels necessary for this operation, If you wish, we can offer the funds for the Construction of such a project, however we need to first come up with a budget. Do you have one in mind?"

@Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Sorry for my absence, I was thinking about how large of a facility we need to build to accommodate this project. I'd figure it would be $750,000,000 in total, which would mean that Portugal and Brazil would have to submit a share of $375,000,000 each. Seeing that Portugal hosts the area, I can say that Brazil only needs to transfer these funds to our government account, and we'll begin the construction. I would have to consult the Royal Assembly for this to happen. We'd also need designs from architects so I'd suggest we go find capable people who are willing to work with such a budget.

With this large of a facility, we can host our future projects there rather than out-sourcing to our current research facilities which would take time and money through the transport of materials and finished products. I'd reckon we wouldn't be able to start deep-sea exploration projects until we can develop the necessary vehicles and components. What do you think?"

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Yes I agree, I'll make sure to notify the rest of the government of that amount.

On the topic of the Research Facilities, I believe establishing one within the Facility itself is a great idea, it also removes the logistics and time needed to transport such technology through the Atlantic, A research facility would also help with any discoveries we might make within our expeditions.

While construction of the Facility is underway, I believe we could split the research between both of our facilities, I reckon our Facility could work on developing the necessary vehicles, while Portugal's would work on developing the Components, this way, by the time the Facility's construction is finished, we will already have some of the equipment necessary to begin the Deep Sea Exploration.
"

@Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"Sounds solid, I'll try to make it so that the budget for the R&D on our end is roughly 500 million. With enough support from the Royal Assembly, this amount would be a good starting point for our first batch of equipment. I'm sure that they'll hear it out. I'll also let you know that the Portuguese youth is definitely enthusiastic about partaking this historical moment between Portugal and Brazil, and we'll have an abundant number of young scientists and engineers who are more than willing to contribute to this scientific journey. I'll have my accomplices start making rounds on advertising and have our major universities focus more on developing our future... Aquanauts? Nonetheless, perhaps Brazil can build the mainframe of the initial module, we'll take care of the life-support systems, communications, electronics, general necessities, and a way to power the whole thing. Our engineers can whip out a few designs on the spot if needed."

@JakeDorent

JakeDorent

Nov 14, 2019
"Very good, I'll make sure to inform the Brazilian Youth to partake in the project, we will be responsible for the Initial module's Frame, I'll make sure to send our half of the funds as soon as possible, our R&D Team will be anxious to help develop something so grand, Thank you for listening and accepting my Ideas Minister Pereyra"

Strix

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear