STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Brazil - Phone Call To UK

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Sitting in his darkened den, reading over the recently signed FTA agreement with the Netherlands, President Romero takes a sip of his Johnny Walker Blue and takes a puff on his Cohiba. On his radio he is listening to updates on the Argentine/Brazilian Joint Naval exercise, as well as glancing over at the movement of the ships on his Mac Book Pro. He jabs on button on his phone.

"Yes, Mr. President?"

"Juan, please come over. We need to talk."

"Right away, Mr. President."

The President then pokes another button on his phone.

"Yes, Mr. President?"

"Please encrypt a phone line. 10 Downing Street, London, UK. Prime Minister's office."

"I will inform you when the line has been encrypted, Mr. President."

The line goes dead.

President Romero tilts his ear and turns up the radio to the Joint Task Force Operation.

In Brazilian accented Spanish he hears, "This is the commander of the San Jacinto. The landing force is 20 knots out from Belamonte. We ask that you give the island a thump."

Just then Foreign Minister walks in, looking resplendent in a dark blue pin strip suit. Old friends with the President, he does not ask to sit at the executive chair in front of the President's desk. However, he does wait for the President to speak.

The President turns the radio down. He'll read the reports later. Which is all it seems what a President does. Read and sign off on or rejects reports, or bills or amendments.

"Juan, good work with the Dutch. It is a vital first step in a rapprochement with the Europeans."

"Frankly, Mr. President, the Dutch were quite accommodating, albeit somewhat still hesitant to accept, or perhaps ineffectual to our prospective of the Swedish Incident."

"As you know, I am setting up a call with Bourne at the moment. What do you think his reaction will be to our rapprochement with his government?"

President Romero, his old friend, extends a glass of Johnnie Walker Blue on the rocks, while he waits for his contemplative friend and Foreign Minister to collect his thoughts as he takes a long pull on his drink.

Setting the glass down on a coaster on the President's desk.

Letting out a long sigh before he speaks, Silva says, "Given his past statements and reactions to direct confrontations, I would advise against doing so. A conciliatory message or gesture would send the exact message we actually want."

"Which is?"

"Peace, Mr. President, of course. Peace that will benefit our country's economy and restore pride in its people, especially after the last several disastrous administrations. I believe the embassy closings and the visa restrictions were perhaps a bit heavy-handed. I do however think it got our message across that Brazil will not be pushed around like before."

"Yes, I was so insulted when out of the blue, the Foreign Secretary or whatever it is called there in Portugal asked to speak to me before even consulting with you first. That coupled with the Swedish Incident. We needed to do something."

"And we have, sir. And I further believe now it is time to put our guard down a bit. With the passing of the 0420 Act, we will be raking in billions a year and employing so many people here. In two years the favelas will be a memory."

Just then the conversation is interrupted by a buzz on the President's phone line.

"Mr. President. The line has been encrypted we are patching you through now."

The loud clicks of the phone ringing is heard.

"Hello, this is President Romero of Brazil. I have Foreign Minister Silva here with me on speaker phone. I would like to speak with Prime Minister Bourne, please."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The British First Secretary of State, Kyle Chamerbain was directed to the call on a private and encrypted line. The call recording both sides by default for any needed records. "Good Evening Mr President. Unfortunately Mr Bourne is in an emergency phone call at the moment regarding the Terrorist Attacks that hit Britain. However, I am more than able to discuss anything with yourself as a member of the British Cabinet. How are you this evening?" the Member of Parliament softly spoke.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"We are doing fine, watching the news unfold in Australia as I am sure you are. Witnessing the events, the mistakes, or perhaps errors in judgement have now lead to unfortunate and avoidable deaths.

Given recent events, I cannot help looking back at the decision I made as President, when I closed embassies and placed travel restrictions on citizens of countries Brazil deemed unfriendly to Brazil. That, coupled with what we felt was some rude or brutish behaviour by some governments towards the current leadership of my country, led me to that decision. The intent was to protect Brazilians. However the intent, the decision was viewed with much indignation form some governments.

It is time to repair these fractured relationships. We have already reaffirmed diplomatic ties with the Dutch. We hope after some dialogue with your government, we can begin those first steps down that road."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Indeed, the situation in Australia has escalated much further than required. All it takes is more negotiation to prevent issues like that. Everyone has their own thoughts, and that is respected, we just wish everyone would be more open and approachable. It would make the world a better place no doubt.

Tension between Britain and Brazil sparked, and admittingly, the British Government potentially overreacted but to be put on an exclusion list is enough to show the withering of relations. Nonetheless, we appreciate your intent for dialogue and welcome it. Naturally, Brazil and the UK are a world apart in a lot of aspects, if not, all. In terms of how we operate, and our ethics. But that is not unlike other relations we have with other countries. I see no reason why that cannot be the same between Britain and Brazil."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I thank you for acknowledging, overreactions on both sides, and we concur. Out of self-interest, we may have both acted a bit irrationally, but at least we are both able to pull back and see the situation for what it was at the time and reevaluate from a distance now and how it effects current relations between ourselves and the world.

As Brazil, you have to understand, we have lost 5 states to the Argentines, because of a previous governments decision. We can no longer allow the world to think we are a push-over and one that can be easily intimidated by others. So we may be more aggressive in some aspects.

Portugal has wondered what does Brazil think of the Portugese living in Brazil now, because we have no relations with that country.

But have they ever asked, what of the 80 million Brazilians living under Argentinian occupation?

My government has had to mend many fences from the start, but also assert ourselves when we see an injustice.

The Swedish Incident was one, the Australian Embassy Crisis was another.

The last Argentine land acquisition displaced almost 80 million people.

The world said nothing.

Which is why we speak now when we see injustices.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I think the issue surrounding Argentina is that the world knows that they're the power in the South American region. South America is also worlds away from events closer to home. You must also know that it was your past government that sold the states. Other countries intervening in a sale approved by both countries? It'd accomplish nothing but tension with other countries who have no affiliation with the people of Brazil. You also mention occuputation but then Argentina and your own government appear to be building positive relations which contradicts it as an occupation. Nonetheless, the Portugese government, like many others, care for their own people and their own interests. A legitmate Brazilian Government selling states to a legitmate Argentine Government with no opposition locally? It can be seen as a choice by the Brazilian populace.

That's just my opinion regarding the sale of Brazilian States, as you mentioned it. I think that's where issues come from between Brazil and other countries. Countries focus on their own interests, a legitimate sale of territory isn't against that interest. Not only that but as mentioned, Argentina is the power in South America, a recognised power with a lot of influence. The world is unable to speak when it was a deal agreed on both sides, against a government that has such a solid power in South America, and even now shares friendship with your own Government."

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"This is all true. Although I was a private citizen at the time and did not agree with the governments decision to sell our states, I can hardly blame the Argentinians for taking advantage of a deal where they paid almost nothing for a huge benefit in return. They were just taking advantage of the weak government before mine.

It is good to have finally explained some of the reasoning behind our decisions. And you are right, perhaps because of the partition, I have had a tendency to care about things that maybe I shouldn't.

With that said, I hope we can begin to slowly get our relationship back on track and this conversation is a good start."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Talking is always the best method for getting everything on track. Our own Foreign Policy always ties in with her interests and own security. Which is where our own responses come from in regards to any global events, like yourself no doubt and many other countries who focus on their own interest. I must ask, however, what had convinced you to take this turn to your policy to contact us first? With the evident approach of your government been more hands on, it seemed quite out of the blue for you to contact us to resolve any issues. Is there something that motivated this?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"The Australian situation. Watching it unfold it was apparent that it could have been handled differently on all sides. Australia decided to enforce a law immediately, which is their choice. They also enforced the law discriminately. Several nations said they will not comply with the law and relinquish their weapons, but Australia said or did nothing about it. I would presume they did so because they intend to gain something from those countries at a later date. But as they did not want to be perceived as weak, they lashed out at countries they deemed not useful to them or, perhaps even worse, that the world will lift a finger to help.

In doing so they angered many nations. Much as my own country did when we closed embassies of nations that did not support us when we wanted answers about Sweden's alleged ICBM strike, and when proven to be false, the rest of Europe really said nothing, as if it were ok for Sweden to even state something like that to just later simply retract it.

So we are now attempting to make amends with the rest of the world before the consequences become simply to dire. But it is also the right thing to do. We could have handled the situation differently. Australia could have as well. I called have recalled some ambassadors instead of making every diplomat persona non grata. With hundreds of police in the area, the situation in Canberra could have easily ended without bloodshed."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"There are always flaws on many sides to a conflict, political or militarily for that matter. It all comes down to perception too, of course the Australian's are doing the best for their people, but on the other hand, the Polish believe they were doing the same for their own. Nonetheless, we are happy to hear of your countries commitment to making amends to any sour relations. Back on those terms, I would like to inquire as to the possibility of re-opening access into Brazil for the British populace?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes, absolutely. I will announce a complete reversal of the ruling that had banned citizens of the UK from entering Brazil. However, passports must be valid for at least 6 months and a return ticket and proof of sufficient funds may be requested on arrival. I would like a full renormalization of diplomatic ties with the United Kingdom and down the road hopefully we can resume negotiations on Brith investment in Brazil."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course, our people are still subject and compliant with any local laws or requirements for travel. I am sure many are glad to hear of the re-opening of borders between Brazil and the UK. It'll no doubt show to the world of the ability to re-open ties with countries following the closure of them but of course, normalisation comes with time and diplomacy" he smiled. "In the meantime, I would like to know your thoughts on the current Iran regime, if you've had any communication with them or your thoughts in general?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"We have had zero contact with the current regime. We do know that the Al-Mutahida carried out a mission on your soil and that the regime in Iran has not much to distance themselves from the group or even crack down any remaining members in Iran."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Indeed.. as you can imagine, our government are taking the new regime with little optimism. The attacks from Iran was catastrophic, targeting primary schools and other non-military sites. We're in negotiation with them so hopefully we will have some kind of supported resolution. But only time will guess.." he'd pause, glancing over his notes. "For the meantime, is there any specific agenda's you'd like to raise?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Well, long ago, I had proposed the idea of of opening TESCO hyper-marts throughout Brazil, as we currently lack that form of enterprise. I was hoping to speak with your finance minister about this much needed investment in Brazil, for the burgeoning middle class who now have extra money to spend. That, and I may be visiting Portugal soon. Since I will be in Europe for the first time as President, perhaps it is time I meet with Prime Minister Bourne, if that could be arranged?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Certainly, a meeting with Jericho Bourne would definitely be organised. He is currently engaged with the Iranian Regime regarding the attack, but as soon as he finishes that call, may I ask him to contact you to arrange a potential visit between our governments? It would offer a positive step forward by having our leading bodies meet and discuss any affairs; the possibility of trade and a return to the concept of investment. He would be able to contact you after his current meeting and go from there if you're happy with that?" asked the delegate.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"This is excellent news. Once Prime Minister Bourne is ready to meet that would be splendid. My visit to Portugal is wrapping up soon. A State Visit would be momentous and a true measure of how far our two nations have come. Please contact me the minute Mr. Bourne has time in his schedule. I look forward to meeting with you as well."

@Jamie

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Of course, that shall not be a problem. As soon as his call ends with Iran, I will be sure to get him to contact you to arrange an actual visit. Perhaps this is the moment where relations between our Countries can become great and see a positive state of cooperation. At this moment in time, whilst we wait for Mr Bourne, is there anything else you'd like to discuss?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Not right at the moment. I am still in Portugal at the moment. But I could be in London within a few days. I hope you could arrange a visit soon. If one cannot be made immediately, I could also visit France first and the UK. Of, course I would prefer to visit London first. Please notify immediately once the PM is available."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"In that case, I believe that concludes this call for the moment." he paused, "I shall inform the Prime Minister of your patience in waiting for him, as soon as he exits the call with the current Iranian Regime, I will prompt him to contact you straight away for further, and more informed discussion. Thank you for your time today." he'd pause, allowing anything final been said before saying his farewell and ending the call politely once both parties were ready. Providing a memo to Jericho Bourne who is currently stranded, waiting patiently for the Iranian Regime to provide a response to the continued crisis-talks going on between the two countries.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear