STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[CAN]: 1999 Federal Election

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

1999 Federal Election

The Campaign for the 1999 Federal Election has officially begun, Incumbent Prime Minister Jean Chrétien has unexpectedly announced he will not be running for a further time in office. The race to be the next Canadian Prime Minister has officially begun.

Liberal Party

270px-Liberal_Party_of_Canada_Logo_2014.svg.png

Simon Welsh

Seats in Previous Parliament:174
Leader's Seat: LaSalle—Émard

Conservative Party

375px-Conservative_Party_of_Canada_logo_%282020%29.png

George Wallace

Seats in Previous Parliament: 54

Leader's Seat: Calgary Southwest

Bloc Québécois

345px-BlocQuebecois_Logo2015.png

Jean Cossette

Seats in Previous Parliament: 54

Leader's Seat: Laurier—Sainte-Marie

New Democratic Party

285px-Orange_NDP_logo_English.svg.png

Celine MacFarlane

Seats in Previous Parliament:9

Leader's Seat: Halifax

Independent

Various

Seats in Previous Parliament:0

Opinion Polling

Week​

Liberal Party

Conservative Party

Bloc Québécois

New Democratic Party

Week 1​

Week 2​

Week 3​

Week 4​

Week 5​

Week 6​

Last edited:

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

Day 1

Conservative candidate George Wallace has spent his first campaign stop at a townhall meeting in Toronto. Foreign policy was the main topic of the candidates speech.

"Thank you for being here everyone. Over the last decade, we have seen weak, successive Canadian governments raise and fall, flipping from one extreme to the other. Under my leadership, Canada will return to the negotiating table of international, regional and continental foreign policy issues. My government will rebuild, and expand the Canadian Armed Forces to it's pre-1995 size.

It is clear to us that the time of international coalitions, alliances and close military defence with other nations is over. My government will commit to the creation of Canadian first strike capability with the return of air assault capability and the creation of a new Marine Commando Brigade. We cannot allow Canada to fall victim of a rogue state."

Small applause would fill the room as George takes a drink of water. He paused before continuing,

"In regards, to the General Assembly. My government would make it it's first priority that we achieve meaningful reform of the organisation. We would strive to create a human rights charter and give the Assembly legal and statutory instruments to enforce it's rulings. The Assembly currently is not fit for purpose, and requires radical overhaul. The South African crises debate was one of chaos and disorder, this is not how consensus and agreements are made. If the Assembly cannot be reformed, I will look to withdraw Canada and seek multination support for an alternative organisation"

Heavy applause would fill the room. The Candidate would begin to take more questions from the audience.

In Calgary, the Liberal candidate Simon Welsh is visiting a local housing construction site. Dressed in a High viz jacket and helmet, he would be shown around the estate before giving a speech.

"If this government is re-elected, we will continue to build new affordable housing in Canada. We will confirm to you all, that in the next 5 years we will build 1 million new affordable houses across this nation. House ownership should be available to all Canadian's. By investing your trust in us, we will make your investments in property safe and secure.

For new time owners, we will introduce a shared ownership scheme. First time buyers will be able to rent 50% of a property and staircase their way to full ownership. In addition, a first time buyer scheme will help home buyers to cover the deposits of their mortgages."

In Halifax, the New Democratic Party candidate Celine MacFarlane has visited her local food shelter. Giving out food to those who have come in desperate need.

"My party will agree to expand social support in this country. We will expand the amount of child and social support those in our country receive so that it works for them. We will commit to creating new jobs and education opportunities for those in poverty and will commit to raising the minimum wage to $15 nationally.

In Quebec City, Jean Cossette has announced his parties plan's to proceed with a in-out referendum on Quebec sovereignty.

"Within 100 days of a seat in parliament, I will begun proceedings to secure a referendum on Quebecs independence. Quebec is sick and tired of being ruled by a federal government which does not care, or listen to it's interests. With your votes, I will make sure that Quebec is able to finally have a long awaited say on its own future"

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
images

In Colchester county, the local conservative candidate is at a local rally. Speaking to the crowd in front of a large Canadian flag he would give his address. The man is youthful, at 24 years old he is the youngest candidate standing for Parliament. A media sensation for his looks and age, cameras would be filing the room.

"Thank you Colchester County! I stand before you today as your candidate for this Parliament. For years now, the liberals have miss managed our economy and taken our well earned money to ransom.

During my time in the Canadian military, I learnt that key leadership is to listen to those who you wish to lead. If I am elected, I will make sure that I do not become another Ottawa meritocrat. I will fight for the people of Colchester county.

In the Army, my experiences as a officer have taught me the importance of looking after our soldiers which is why I will fight for more funding for our soldiers who are injured abroad.

But most important of all, I will commit to you now that I will vote down any attempts to raise taxes on our businesses, and your household finances. It is not for the government to raid your finances!"

The crowd would begin to chant "Joshua Cox", "Joshua Cox". This continued for many more minutes before the speach continues."

Meanwhile the first weekly poll has been created.

Conservative Party

Liberal Party

NDP

Bloc Québécois

35%

38%

7%

14%

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
After Weeks of campaigning, the polls of the election were closed. Months of bitter and close debate had come to a close. The results were in. The seats of the next House of Commons were as followed.

Conservative Party

Liberal Party

NDP

Bloc Québécois

78​

155​

13​

38​

Newly elected Prime Minister Simon Welsh would quickly find his day to day life to completely changed. Almost immediately upon the result, a RCMP convoy of officers, cars and motorcycle outriders would take him to Rideau Hall, to meet the governor General and outgoing Prime Minister in a official ceremony. With a handshake, power would be transferred from one Prime Minister, to the Governor General and then on to the New Prime Minister. The official oath of office would be read and the news hand written by the governor General and sent onwards to the Queen.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien