STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Chile] Chilean Withdrawal From The Global Assembly

RedHood02

Workers' Federation Of Chile
Feb 24, 2019
After hearing the events that transpired in Europe and Asia, the drop of both Germany and Turkey from the Global Assembly if you'd been hiding below a rock, the Congress finally decided it was time to anounce the Chilean withdrawal as well. In the Congress' Chamber, Chairman of the Trade Unions Mark Gonzales stood in a podium on front of the half-circular table where the 16 national Congress-men were sitted. Between them, a small team of journalists, both national and international, were recording, while also transmitting to the lower congresses levels, Gonzales as he cleared his throat. Preparing himself to give a speech that may as well be the catalys of downfall of his nation. Clearing his throat once again, he began his speech.

"Congress-men, my fellow citizens, and the international community. Today, i'm here not as Chairman, but as a worried citizen of a small, new nation. A nation that may as well be destroyed with the simple flick of the fingers from uninterested men that do not hold our interests, our sovereignty as a nation, in their minds. By men that may as well sit idle while our country is ravaged by invaders. They may as well ravage us themselves with injust resolutions that solely have their interests on them.

I say no. Our country is ours. No one, and i mean absolutely no one can have a say in our internal matters. We are the Workers' Federation of Chile, run by its' Workers, for its Workers. And because of this, and given the recent shows of ineptitude and neo-imperialistic tendencies of the Global Assembly, is that i'm putting forward the motion for the total withdrawal of the Workers' Federation of Chile from the Global Assembly," Gonzales knew this was simply a formality, the withdrawal had been decided almost immediately after the rise to power of the new Congress. But it was necessary. The cameras did a 180° turn towards the congress-men. One by one, they casted their vote while the different levels of the congress did the same. Several hours later, the final result was given in a closed envelope to Chairman Gonzales, after a brief pause in broadcast which was resumed as soon as the voting was finished, he read aloud.

"With a 95 percent of approval, the motion has been passed. As of now, The Workers' Federation of Chile is no longer part of the Global Assembly. Before questions arise, our country is not contemplating the possibility of beggining talks with the... Iron ring for the time being, nor are we searching for an excuse to break any kind of international or humanitarian law. With that being cleared, my name is Mark Gonzales, Elected Chairman of The Congress of Trade Unions of the Worker's Federation of Chile."

Hours later, the Chilean ambassador for the Global Assembly would leave alongside her entourage. Any kind of information they could have was destroyed or made impossible to be retrieved, while computers, also cleansed, were booby trapped with viruses so anyone that tried to pry for information would get a nasty surprise.
This, summed with the closing of embassies of most of the world's countries, meant that Chile was one step closer to isolationism.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear