STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

(China)- Message to Ethiopia

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021

Encryption Level: Private

D258A9A2-F873-4D8D-8D64-C945E87F851D.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

Minister Demeke Mekonnen,

Greetings from the People’s Republic of China Minister Mekonnen, I am foreign affairs Minister Tang Jiaxuan. I’ve been appointed by my superiors to begin contact with the Ethiopian Government in the interest of seeing where Ethiopian Priorities lay and what is to come from your esteemed government. The People’s Republic of China has long desired to support connections between the Far East and Africa in order to boost the living standards of our two continents via mutual cooperation on economic and political matters. What is the current objective of the Ethiopian government and what is the Ethiopian perspective on the People’s Republic of China and her long-standing interests? This relates to the one china principle that the Ethiopian government in past years has upheld along with developments between the western states and China including the denouncement of the Chinese government. I eagerly await your response.

Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China Tang Jiaxuan
Department of International Foreign Affairs
No. 2, Chaoyangmen Nandajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Phone: 020-3814 5994

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

240px-Emblem_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
የኢትዮጵያ ፌዴራላዊ ዴሞክራሲያዊ ሪፐብሊክ

Message from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Trade

To: Minister Tang Jiaxuan, Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China Axis12
Re:

Dear Minister,
Let me commence by expressing the warmest regards from Prime Minister Abyi Ahmed and myself. We are happy to have received your diplomatic communication since it was one of our priorities to establish official communications with such a prominent nation.
Furthermore, we are also delighted to hear that the People's Republic is looking for a partner in Africa. Our Government makes a strong emphasis in the economic development of our country and therefore the commercial relation between our country and the rest of the globe is key. We look forward to establish a healthy commercial and, through it, diplomatic relation between our countries.
Our nation's main foreign policies follow very simple principales. Achieve long-term sustainable economic and social development through, among other things, the connection of Ethiopia to the international market, increasing our exports while at the same time offering our inhabitants and industries more competitive products, commodities and services from abroad. Such increase in commerce cannot thrive without a stable and regulated international scene that sets the ground rules for fair bilateral trade and diplomatic relations.
More specifically, one of our priorities at the moment is solving the border issues between Ethiopia and Eritrea diplomatically and giving both nations equalliy beneficial terms.
We can give more details on our foreign agenda, and even start discussing potential areas of cooperation in a private audience. Would your Government be itnerested in scheduling a visit from our Ambassador to China to formally initiate diplomatic relations between Ethiopia and China? We are also very interested in hearing from China's worldview.
Respectfully,

Demeke Mekonnen

Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021

Encryption Level: Private

232413E0-561D-4D89-BCB4-CE0DAAE7262E.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

Minister Mekonnen,

Thank you for your warm reception of my message minister, it’s a pleasure that the newly elected Ethiopian government continues to strive for positive relations between our two governments despite being in this time of strife and conflict. No nation is too small or uninfluential for our time and I want to make it absolutely clear that unlike some of the western powers the People’s Republic of China cares for the wellbeing and security of lesser nations across the globe, not that a nation of over a hundred million is any small player on the world stage of course.

The fact that Ethiopia currently has no connection to the sea is certainly an issue that needs to be resolved, as a rising power must have sea connections to project economic and military power across the globe. China thus supports an diplomatic solution to allow Ethiopia access to it’s rightful coast though this goal is very steep if it is to be followed through via diplomatic means. This is something that can be followed up upon shortly in private.

I would be pleased to have my deputy minister arrange a meeting with your ambassador in order to kickstart relations between our two nations, I can have the details messaged to your office so that everything goes according to plan and we can begin a prosperous relationship.

Foreign Minister of the People's Republic of China Tang Jiaxuan
Department of International Foreign Affairs
No. 2, Chaoyangmen Nandajie, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Phone: 020-3814 5994

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Having received the response from the chinese minister of foreign affairs, the ethiopians would contact their Representative to the PRC, Ambassador Zema Bayou. The ethiopian Embassy in Beijing would call the indicated contact at the Department of International Foreign Affairs to arrange the details and logistics of the meeting.​
The ambassador would leave for the Minsitry as son as everything was confirmed and ready. He weould be accompanied by his second in charge at the Embassy and an aide as notetaker.​

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Executive Vice Chair of Foreign Affairs Le Yucheng would send several aides and a security officer to the entrance of No. 2 Chaoyangmen Nandajie and await the Ethiopians who would be checked by security for weapons and their IDs and then led inside to a meeting room after going where the vice chair would be waiting. He would greet the Ethiopians with a handshake and gesture them to sit down so they could discuss diplomatic affairs.

”Mr. Bayou, a pleasure to talk to you today and congratulations on your recent appointment as ambassador. We welcome you to the People’s Republic of China.”

The Vice Chair would open a folder with several files and begin speaking after the Ethiopian replied.

”Down to business, yes? From what I’ve heard Ethiopian government has decided to take Action to regain territories disputed with the Eritrean government via diplomatic processes that have yet to be disclosed. How is Ethiopia planning to achieve this, given it is not a GA member and has had less than stable relations with the Eritrean government over the years?”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
After a swift entrance, the ethiopian delegation would find themselves in the meeting room, together with the chinese Foreign Minister.

"Thank you for having us here. And yes, lets go straight to the point.

Prime Minister Ahmed's foreign policy is completely at the service of our internal goal. achieving sustainable long term development to favor social progress in our country. We cannot do that without solid relations relations with our neighbours and without trading with them. For that we need to settle all pre-existing conflicts, which reduces the issue basically to one: the Ethiopia-Eritrea border dispute.

While Ethiopia recognized the unilateral secesion of our former territory, now known as Eritrea, both parties never agreed to a de jure border, and are currently existing on a de facto line. Said line cuts our nation off from the access to the open sea, which is also key in our economic development plan, since we cannot trade with faraway nations. Ethiopia would become the biggest landlocked market in the world...

Our solution will be entirely diplomatic and we are confident we can achieve this trough a mutually beneficial proposal in which Ethiopia and Eritrea will swap lands. This would give my nation some kilometers of shorelines and access to the sea and Eritrea a more economically productive area on which to thrive, as opposed to the desert wasteland we are interested in. Additional benefits and proposals would need to be refined, but the idea is to make a lucrative proposal to Eritrea. In the end, we will benefit from a growing trade partner nearby.

As for the issue with the GA. We have contacted the Secretary General in order to inquire regarding the possbility of Ethiopia signing volutnarily some of the agreements, as proof of our good faith in the international legal system, leaving the window open for sometime in the future perhaps joining it fully.
"

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“Interesting, I can see a proposition going through the GA though there could be a number of issues that would arise from this deal including the potential for the powerful western states within the organization objecting to the deal in it’s entirety in order to weaken Ethiopia. As you have seen the increased activity within Africa has certainly taken the interest of the west with the likes of Sweden controlling an De-Facto Colony of South Africa and Turkey just a year ago launching military strikes on Congolese military positions unopposed and I fear the the west could attempt to shut Ethiopia out in favor of their own interests. Nevertheless we would wholly support this move to take back Ethiopia’s rightful coast when the time comes”

“Concerning territorial integrity I wanted to get your nation’s opinion on the current border crisis between Thailand and Cambodia, despite the near information blackout with an exception of propaganda from both sides it’s well known that Thailand continues to advance into Cambodia in an unprovoked conflict yet the extent of their conquest is currently unclear. What is the Ethiopian stance on this matter and would Ethiopia support a military intervention in the form of a peacekeeping force by the People’s Republic of China?”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"As mentioned, Ethiopia is not part of the GA, therefore not subject to its regulations and resolutions, unless explicitly adhered to by our Government. Our diplomatic corps and high level officials are currently holding multiple contacts with major nations around to globe to explain in detail our case and how the diplomatic solution promoted by us would benefit both Parties on the long term, and significantly boost Eritrea's economy.
But ultimately, the conflict will be solved bilaterally, between Ethiopia and Eritrea, and while we would welcome the participation of third countries in the role of observers or mediatiors, it is the people of Africa who will be sitting at the table of negotiations.
Let me express our gratitude for your words and the PRC's support on the matter.
As for the current situation developing in South-East Asia, our nation fiercely stands by international law and key concepts such as territorial integrity of a State. We urge all involved Parties to cease their operations and find a peaceful solution to it, but at the moment, our Government cannot take further actions and/or involvement on this issue. The GA, considering its role and duties, might perhaps be the best option for a viable solution."​

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
”It is certainly imperative that International Law is followed though unfortunately we lack confidence in the Global Assembly on almost any matter at this stage, they have yet to take any decisive action on the Sweden Occupation of South Africa, the Turkish-Jewish Genocide, Warcrimes committed by the Congolese government against Saudi Civilians, the murder of the Saudi Royal Family, the Illegal Russian mining of civilian waters during peacetime, etc. The list goes on and it’s clear to say that the Global Assembly is worthless in any to all issues at this stage, in fact we made the decision to join the Global Assembly purely to avoid international sanctions due to non-membership. Action needs to be taken immediately to stop the genocide of Cambodian citizens and diplomatic efforts to halt the conflict have been ignored or disregarded by the Thai Government. I’m suggesting a Chinese Military task force enforce a no fly zone over the Cambodian-Thai border with approval from the Cambodian government. Chinese military restructuring is currently nearing completion and our armed forces will be more capable than any other nation in Asia, especially compared to the Thai armed forces and the central military commission is confident of the Thai government backing down following our intervention. Anyway the Thais have continuously repeated the claim that no military force is even present in Cambodia and with this operation they could be exposed to the international community. Having Ethiopian support would be crucial to help other countries around the world support this operation, would this be acceptable to your government given our support for your own affairs?“

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We share the People's Republic of China's reservations regarding the GA and its current way of operation. That is why we decided not to be part of, we see more threats to our national interests than benefits at the moment.

Ethiopia stands by international law and the situation in South-East Asia clearly demands a swift solution, even so our current foreign policy guidelines impedes us from taking a definitive position on the matter, including the support or not of military involvement by new actors. The PRC is a significant and influencial global power and we are confident that your Government might bring elements to the current scenario that can pull towards their solution
."

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“This is acceptable and we understand Ethiopia’s position on this topic, we would ensure that the intervention stay as confidential as possible to avoid the GA’s attention simply due to the fact they may take more interest in a larger power such as ourselves making an armed entrance into the conflict.

Furthermore I wanted to bring up another topic with you Regarding Ethiopian Arms supplies. Given our partnership with previous administrations regarding weaponry and arms supplies we wanted to potentially offer Ethiopia a means in which to produce it’s own Weapons systems domestically with support from the PRC, as the defense of Ethiopia and African nations needs to be a priority if the rich economic resources within these nations such as yours can be taped into. As part of our defense agreements in the past decades we have supplies aerospace and land based equipment to your government but with the introduction of a possible naval systems market in Ethiopia we want to be the primary supplier. China maintains some of the most advanced military equipment to date worldwide and with our assistance Ethiopia could become more than just an economic powerhouse but a nation able to project it’s own interests to other regions of the continent and the world.”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Dear Minister, yes, don't worry. This is a confidential meeting and as per our mentioned policy of neutrality, this information will remain for internal knowledge only.

Regarding the issue of arms and equipment supply, it is certainly a very interesting offer and something I will urgently rely to my superiors in Addis Ababa.

Our Armed Forces are currently urdegoing modernization and a major consitutional reform is on the horizon in Ethiopia, which would modify the role of the ethiopian forces to match the requirements of the 21st Century and to guarantee our sovereignty and defense. Of course any potential contract would need to be extensive and covering several different areas, but I am sure the PRC and its arms industry have excellent products on "all fronts"."

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“Of course, we are undergoing a modernization process ourselves at the moment, and have been selling off or retiring any systems that we find incomparable with modern western technology. We’ve also expanded our ground forces to counter the new land threats presented by the Korean Republic and Russian Empire which appears to be in collapse or in civil war every few years.

I’d like to extend an invitation to the command staff of your armed forces to view an upcoming military demonstration in Xinjiang where our latest military equipment will be used as part of the initiation of our first combat ready Division, along with our missile forces and our first Air Force squadron. If your superiors accept we could send further details promptly, we expect the demonstration to start within a month.”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"We will relay your kind invitation to our Ministry of Defense back in Addis Ababa. Let me however mention again the fact that the current focus of our public spending is on the development of our productive public infrastructure, while military spending has been postponed, at least in a larger scale, until a certain degree of the planned development is achieved. The fact that a repurposing and modernization of the role of the Ethiopian Defense Forces is also on the horizon might also have some kind of impact on our defense procurements.

But anyway, rest assured that we will transmit this information to the proper authorities and remark that China has already been identified as a very interesting potential partner for equipment acquisition.
"

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“This is understandable and there is no rush for the Ethipopian Government to commit to anything at this time, as we see it’s best fit for nations of your status to make their own policy decisions instead of being influenced by those around them.

On another note I wanted to discuss Ethiopian relations with western Europe and the United States of America. While we do not presently see this nations as a threat to ourselves or to your nation it assumed that these states are actively contacting your administration at this time. We wanted to get a feel for the Ethiopian opinion on the influence of these states, both in international and domestic politics but also in regards to military overreach across the globe.”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Thank you for your consideration, Mr. Minister.

Regarding the contacts with our european and western collegues, indeed we have been contacted by multiple of them but also on other ocasions it was us who established the first line of communication. As mentioned before, the ethiopian government's agenda and interests lie in quickly developing our nation in order to improve the quality of life of our people. We plan to achieve this through a vast network of diplomatic relations and commercial exchange. As such, we have established, one way or the other, contact with what we consider most of the global leading nations in North America, the US, and in Europe, Netherlands, the UK and Germany. On the same line we are also having this communicaton. We consider Chinas as the leading nation in Asia and also a global actor.

Our intention is to foster positive economic relations with all nations and avoid getting into military alliances and interventions, as we see those as de-stabilizing factors that could negtively affect our economic interests. We even envision a national policy of neutrality, after we solve the issue with Eritrea.
"

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“Of course, the European states are certainly global leaders though I believe that these nations may put their interests before your own and will use your neutrality for their own benefit, this includes nations such as the Kingdom of Sweden which has become a global pariah towards developing countries through it’s connections with countries like the United Kingdom or America. I honor any stance you and your nation make but its safe to say neutrality these days has been a scarce commodity and I’m sure that the People’s Republic could provide huge benefits for Ethiopia should you choose a more Asia first approach. Anyway if there’s anything else you’d like to discuss I’d be open but otherwise I believe I need to take another call.”

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Well, don't all nations put their own interests before that of other countries, whenever possible? Despite our policy of establishing cordial and positive relations with as many nations as possible, we do have our limits and consider that, for example, at this point any new diplomatic approach or event that could link us to Sweden are very delicate and might represent more harm than benefit to our nation.

We do not forget where we come from and where we are, and obviously our worldview and interests might be more aligned with those from other developing nations, far outside european borders.

Certainly I do not want to hold you here, I feel we had a prosper meeting and we have established that a stron Ethiopia-China cooperation is on the horizon. I personally look forward to continue working with you."

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
“Well thank you Mr. Bayou, it was pleasure to speak to you today and I hope we will meet again very soon so that this relationship can grow further.”

With that he would stand up to shake the man’s hand and exit the room, if the Ethiopian minister required he could receive an escort out of the building as well.

Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The ethiopian diplomat would reciprocate the optimistic wishes of his chinese colleague, looking to a brighter future of cooperation and mutual benefit between Ethiopia and the People's Republic of China.

Having said farewell, the ethiopian official would leave the building and head back with his colleague to the ethiopian embasys, where they would both prepare a memo of the meeting to be sent privately back to Addis Ababa to inform the Minister of the results of the meeting as well as to mention the chinese offer regarding military equipment acquisition, among other things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear