STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

China: Message to Portugal

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

United Republic of China
Private and Encrypted

To His Excellency
Prime Minister:
Paulo Carlos Estevão
@Strix
Greetings

I'm writing to inform you that the URC, is interested in opening relations with Portugal. We also congratulate you for restoring the Monarchy and we hope, you serve your nation in the best way you can.
We would like to formally invite your Ambassador in China to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and meet with Minister Wang Yi, to lay the ground work for our relationship.

Yours faithfully
Tong Baorui
President of the United Republic of China

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019

Gabinete do Primeiro Ministro

Dom Paulo Carlos Estevão

Monarquia Parlamentar de Portugal

ENCRYPTED

Recipient: Tong Baorui, President of the United Republic of China

Hello and Good day! It is an honor to receive a letter from you mister President. After much consideration, I am pleased to inform you that we would accept your invitation, and we would be instructing our Ambassador to prepare himself shortly and hopefully represent the intentions of Portugal clearly. Expect him to arrive and meet Minister Wang Yi soon. I bid good luck to both of our nations, and that this visit may lay the foundations for a wonderful relationship.

Signed,
Paulo Carlos Estevão

@Fairhold

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The Chinese President would phone, in a encrypted and private way, the Prime Minister of Portugal Paulo Carlos Estevão. In order to follow up the previous correspondence.

@Strix

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
Naturally, the call would be private and encrypted, as with all of the calls done within the government offices of Portugal

The call would be quickly received by a young man, around his twenties. He was the assistant for the Prime Minister, and was tasked to handle his office while he was away in Spain for a diplomatic visit.

"I'm sorry but the Prime Minister has gone away for a bit, he is currently in Spain for a diplomatic visit. I however would be happy to take place in his role. I am his assistant, what can I help you for Mr. Tong Baorui?"

The assistant sounds nervous and the sounds of papers sloshing around can be heard in the background.

"Are you asking about the ambassador's visit sir? We have contacted him and that visit should have been long overdue. I believe he had other matters to attend to, please hold."

Muffled yelling in Portugese (with a few curse words) can be heard faintly, and the caller would be heard yet again.

"He'll be arriving shortly, yet again, sorry for the delay Mr. President. I hope this wouldn't hurt the relations between both of our nations. Anything else I can do for you?"

Portugal's Consulate based on Macau would see a normal day as always, mostly empty in the morning except for the staff on site, a few tourists visiting on allowed areas, and the occasional lost Portuguese National, seeking Diplomatic asylum. Guards would be patrolling as usual, and the staff would be busy on sorting numerous documents and files. The Garden would be trimmed as per schedule, and the empty halls swept to a fine finish. It was almost noon, and the Ambassador would be almost leaving for lunch, until he got a phone call.

"For the love of God, please make it short." he says to himself before answering.

"Hello, you have reache-"

"What the hell is wrong with you? I got the Chinese President on the phone here and he is asking on where our diplomatic mission is? You Barata Tonta!"

"Acordar com os pés de fora? Yeah, yeah, I'll go meet the Foreign Minister in a while, sorry for the delay"

The Ambassador would command a few of his consulates to join him with the visit, carrying documents and files that are necessary for the possible agreements that China and Portugal may agree upon. They then boarded a plane bound for Beijing and would hope that they would arrive in time.

The Ambassador along with a few consulates would then board a vehicle provided by the Consulate, and would then proceed to the Foreign Ministry to meet with China's minister of foreign affairs. The traffic would be heavy, but they would soon make their way through the different curves and corners of Beijing. They then would arrive at the Ministry, saying hello to the guards stationed there.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The President would chuckle slightly as he understood the man was nervous. "Take your time, my friend. No need to be nervous we are all human. I was actually asking if it would be possible to reach the Prime Minister or even your Foreign Minister as we have a proposition to make regarding the recent GA resolution put forward by Argentina. Is there anyone there in a position power to discuss the way of voting of Portugal in this matter?"

The Chinese Foreign Ministry would direct the Guards to allow the Ambassador to enter and aid him in finding his room. Upon arriving, the Minister would be at the doors waiting to meet him.

"Friend! It is a wonderful pleasure to meet with you, how is your day going? Do you need to drink anything eat?"

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
"I'm sorry, but I haven't heard of any GA resolution as far as I'm concerned."

The assistant stutters, looking for a folder named; "GA RESOLUTIONS" after searching around for a few minutes he asked for his colleagues.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about telling you, the GA had an assembly a few days ago and Portugal was noticeably absent I'm sorry." A colleague slightly chuckles

The assistant gave out a sigh and proceeds to inform the Chinese president on what happened.

"Nonetheless, I couldn't give out any opinions on the matter of other countries before consulting with the Royal Assembly."

"The day's pretty hectic if you ask me sir. If I could get a glass of water that would be very wonderful."

The Consulate laughs and proceeds to enter the building.

"So, tell me more of China's interests on Portugal, what treaties are you looking forward for our two nations to implement?"

The ambassador asks, full of curiosity. He had a few templates on treaties and agreements on a Chinese-Portugal relationship, but he didn't expect it to actually happen this fast. He followed the Minister in and of course, as Portugal's ambassador to China, was respectful to the different customs and culture of the Chinese people to be polite.

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"That is fine, this resolution is no longer in debate in the GA, but know that we continue to value Portugal opinions and views regarding the stability of the world. And do wish to continue a fruitful relationship with your Nation. And I've been informed that my Minister and your Ambassador are now in a meeting together, I trust that they will bolster this relation. That's all from me, unless you wish to inform me of something else?" If the assistant didn't have anything to had the President would give a heartfelt goodbye to the assistant, complimenting his abilities and his work ethic as being fantastic and extremely helpful and that the President would put in a good word for him upon meeting any high official dignitary from Portugal.

Meanwhile at the meeting, fresh water would be brought to both men alongside some Turkish delights encase they were feeling peckish. Upon sitting his the Minister office, comfortably and side to side the conversation could really begin.

"Well Portugal and China, have always had a great relationship, testimony to this is the handover of Macau, which was handled perfectly by both Countries, and many Chinese still view the Portuguese as a distinct part from other Europeans. Even myself, as I lived in Macau for a portion of my life. However, China views Portugal as a key partner in Europe that we wish to maintain strong ties with especially commerce wise, and we have a series of Protocols for you to see and tell me if Portugal would be interested. Would this be ok for you?"

Strix

Vitória! Vitória!
May 7, 2019
The assistant would readily thank the President and would also say goodbye. He would then carry on doing his duties, and to be mindful of where he keeps his documents.

"I see, indeed Portugal has been part of the history of your nation, and my country is very much keen on rebuilding Chinese-Portugal relations. Well I am with the authority to sign and ratify any agreements that China would like to propose, and I could say with confidence that Portugal is definitely interested on China's suggestions for our two nations to prosper."

He would then take a glass of water and thanks the person serving them. He would then take a small sip of it before continuing.

"Well before I could officially sign agreements and treaties, may you first show to me and explain to me these Protocols?"

The ambassador would then wait for the Minister for the reply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien