STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Commonwealth of New Zealand | Message to United Kingdom

Basedcnt

GA Member
May 24, 2024
View attachment 7658

Encrypted, Secure - Secret

Recipient: United Kingdom Ministry of Defence < Jamie >
Sender: Wesley R. Miller, Head of Ministry of Defence Procurment Organisation (MPO)
< wrmhead@mpo.nz.gov >
Date: 2nd of November, 2004
Subject: Co-development of Hawk Aircraft Variant

To whom this may concern,

I am contacting the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence in order to look at the possiblity of the creation of a joint development project between the United Kingdom and New Zealand. The aim of the project would be to create a Hawk aircraft variant combining the 2-seat training features of the T.1/A Hawk and the combat capabilities of the Hawk 200 series.

The Royal New Zealand Air Force would, if this aircraft is developed, purchase at least 15 of the type to replace the MB-339 (TA.1A in RNZAF service), with as many as 30 airframes purchased subsequently. This program would replace the AIR 05 tender, which Nexus Defence has placed a bid for. Please, let me know your thoughts around the development of such an airframe.

Thank you,

Wesley R. Miller, Head of MPO
Commonwealth of New Zealand

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
XNEXUS DEFENCEX
Encrypted

Recipient: Wesley R. Miller, Head of MPO Basedcnt
Subject: Re: Co-development of Hawk Aircraft Variant

Dear Mr Miller,

I have been discussing your request for a New Zealand Hawk Variant with the UK Ministry of Defence and they have authorised me to contact you directly to discuss, they are copied in to this and all future correspondence for their information. Nexus Defence is the primary supplier of military equipment to the UK including the existing maintenance plans for the UK Hawk Trainer Aircraft. Your request for a custom variant is something we should be able to help you with.

I have carried out some preliminary investigation into the requirements to assess the feasibility of such an undertaking and to give an estimated cost. To confirm, this would be to take the existing plans of a Hawk T1A aircraft with sufficient modifications to possess the same armaments as a Hawk 200 series. This is possible but this would be considered a complex endeavour. I have broken down the feasibility below:

Structural
The Hawk T1A would require significant structural reinforcement to handle the additional weight and stress from carrying and deploying heavier armaments. Additional hardpoints and weapon pylons would need to be installed. This involves extensive modifications to the wings and fuselage to accommodate and support the extra load.

Avionics and Systems
The T1A would need a complete overhaul of its avionics to incorporate a modern weapons management system similar to that of the Hawk 200. This would include targeting systems, radar, and other electronic warfare capabilities. The T1A lacks the advanced fire control systems present in the Hawk 200. Installing these systems would require significant integration work and software development.

Engine
To maintain performance while carrying additional weight, the T1A might need an upgraded engine. The Hawk 200 uses more powerful engines compared to the T1A, allowing it to carry heavier loads without compromising flight characteristics.

For the design and development (including testing phase), our estimates would put the project at approximately $150mn. An estimated cost per unit afterwards, approximately $20mn. Please note that these are purely estimated and the cost could increase or decrease if the work was to commence. There would also be additional factors such as training costs.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Alison

Alison Well
Business Consultant
Nexus Defence Ltd
6 Carlton Gardens, London, SW1Y 5AD

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. This communication may contain material protected by law, copyright or other legislation. It should not be considered as contractually or legally binding in any way.

Basedcnt

GA Member
May 24, 2024
NZ MoD image.png

Encrypted, Secure - Secret

Recipient: Alison Well, Nexus Defence Ltd < Jamie >
Sender: Wesley R. Miller, Head of Ministry of Defence Procurment Organisation (MPO)
< wrmhead@mpo.nz.gov >
Date: 2nd of December, 2004
Subject: Co-development of Hawk Aircraft Variant

Dear Mr. Well,

I appreciate your quick response in the proposal, and am glad that Nexus is willing to facilitate the development of such an aircraft.

Based on the prelimenary research conducted by the MPO, we believe that using the base Hawk 200 airframe and modifying it with a second seat would be less complex and more technically viable than modifying the T.1A airframe to Hawk 200 specifications. However, if Nexus Defence believes that it is more beneficial doing it the latter way, the New Zealand government is more than willing to facilitate that.

Thank you,

Wesley R. Miller, Head of MPO
Commonwealth of New Zealand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azhar