STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Communication Satellites

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Dear all,

I know how much you like my suggestions so here comes another one.

"Satellite communications play a vital role in the global telecommunications system" (Labrador, n.d.). While it consists of both a ground and space component, I believe that this suggestion is best focussed on the space component. At the moment I feel that there is little incentive for a player to develop their space industries, something which I hope might change with certain changes. One of these changes could be the introduce satellite communication constallations as a core component of both diplomatic communication and military operations.

In diplomatic terms, which will remain quite simple, in order to send and receive emails one must have access to communication satellites. If states lack access they can still receive letters and other forms of non-digital communication. In military terms, in order to use guided systems, a state must have access to a constellation.

In order to ensure that new players can still play and ensure their national defence, I propose that a NPC 'neutral' constellation is also created which players can use as an alternative to either their own or other countries' constellations. This would however come at a monetary costs which is still to be determined. Furthermore, in order to ensure that players can still conduct military operations, they can use this constellation to guide their guided weapons systems. However, in order to encourage the development of one's own constellation, or to encourage the formation of alliance with a state which has a constellation, making use of the 'neutral' constellation for military objectives runs the risk of increased jamming.

The idea has not fully been worked out, but if there is interest among the player base then perhaps it is something worth introducing in the near future.

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
I totally would back this, I’ve often thought that there needs to be more activity in the space sector but the expenses are simply too high and could be better spent elsewhere in sectors such as defense. By incorporating satellites for systems such as guided bombs which are used by states such as China, the United States, and Western Europe we could create a real incentive for use. It would also drive the use of unguided weapons from conventional aircraft due to the risks/costs which is more realistic considering in MN we almost exclusively use Cruise Missiles and laser guided weaponry for operations which simply isn’t how modern states operate aside from possibly the U.S.

On another note I also would like to see the incorporation of reconnaissance satellites which would give a massive incentive to state space programs. Given the only high altitude reconnaissance aircraft belong to the United States, this would really help military operations and level the playing field for the major powers willing to spend to increase their military capabilities.
Dutchy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren