STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Dame of the Sky

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Click. Click. Click. The sound of her flight boots clicking against the hard concrete tile of the hallway rung in Second Lieutenant Navarre's ears. Out of all her titles. Duchess of Savoy, Lady of Este, Princess of Italy, this one title: Sottotenente Navarre of the Regia Aeronautica, was the one that made Rozenn the most proud. The others she obtained by right of who her brother, the King, was. This one, however, she earned herself. The youngest female to graduate from the Accademia Aeronautica, this right here was her proving ground. She'd spent the last few months flying the M-346 Master, and in just a few days, maybe a couple weeks, she'd be among the first Italian pilots taking to the skies in the new F-16V Block 70/72s.

She was one of 10 Pilots chosen to be squadron leaders for these new fighters, and it was time for her test. Three F-16 Falcons were being lent to the Training Squadron by the 5th Tactical Fighter Squadron, "Storm." Armed with training versions of the IRIS-T and AMRAAM Missiles, these F-16s would face off against 5 Su-47 Berkuts from the 8492nd Aggressor Squadron, "Grabacr." These too were outfitted with training missiles calibrated to provide similar lock-on capability to that of active-duty russian equivalents. 2 Instructor Pilots would fly the flanking element and tail. With more modern avionics, the F-16s were expected to win in a fair fight at range. However this was neither a fair fight, nor was it going to be at range. with an engagement distance of 10 km, and a hard deck of 10,000 feet, the F-16 was placed out of its bread and butter and right into the Su-47's home field, and beyond that, the F-16s were outnumbered. In truth, this wasn't a test of whether or not she could win. The F-16s were expected to lose. It was a test of whether or not she could lead.

As she approached the F-16 she'd be flying, she fastened her helmet and climbed the ladder up into the cockpit. A few switches and the plethora of displays lit up in front of her, right now filled with information almost entirely non-substantial. A few more flicked switches and she could hear the General Electric F110-GE-132 Engine start to come alive, the displays starting to show fuel flow, hydraulics systems, sensors, and the like. Her and the marshal went down the pre-flight checklist, checking the control surfaces, the brakes, the electrical systems, making sure that everything on the plane was ready for take off. With quick thumbs up from the marshal before he ran out of the way, Rozenn pushed out of her hangar and onto the taxiway, where the two instructors lined up in positions next to her. They watched the Su-47s take off before them, maintaining perfect formation as they took off, before it was their turn.

The force of the engine as the afterburner sped her down the runway and into the air pressed Rozenn into her seat.

This feeling would never get old. "Provisional Air Squadron, Rook., Climb to 30,000 ft and maintain to the engagement zone. Rook Leader out."

And so the test began.

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
After the virtual air battles had finished, the Su-47s returning to base and the F-16s running a few final checks, and finally making the turn back towards the airbase where they had taken off from, the princess saw the F-16 of the instructor that was flying as her wingman start to buckle and enter a departure from controlled flight, flat spinning and losing altitude. Rozenn shifted the throttle to cut some power and began to circle around to the area where her wingman was losing control.

"2, Capitano - What's wrong?"

"Flight Lead, you head on back to base, we're low on fuel as is, I'll help the Capitan-"

"Negative, you return to base. I'm flight lead. meaning his safety is my concern."

"Sottotenent-"

"Negative 3. You return to base, that's an order from your flight lead. Me and 2 will work this out."

"That's not your-"

"It's an order from the heir to the throne of Italy."

"Fine."

She slowed down such that she was just above the stall speed of the F-16 and made several passes of 2's plane.

"Rook 2. What's the issue?"

"Avionics blipped out for a few minutes, my aerodynamics lost symmetry and departed controlled flight"

"Have you attempted recovery?"

"Affirm. normal stall procedures haven't worked."

"Try your yaw limiter."

The F-16 slowed its spin a bit, but was still outside of controlled flight.

"Still- Dammit. getting vibrations on my payload. I don't think they can take the-"

"Jettison the payload. c'mon, I'm gonna get you out of this."

"Fuck! Fuck! I don't think I'm getting out of this. I'm ejec-"

"No. deploy your airbrakes and trim down, On my mark, retract airbrakes and accelerate."

As the F-16 continued to spiral, the slowing up of the airbase and the downwards trim lowered the alpha and brought the plane back into controllable flight.

"Now come on. we're already past Bingo fuel."

"Rome Tower, we're 50 miles out, and low on fuel. Rook 1 and 2 need to declare an emergency and request emergency land-."

"Military Flight Rook. We've received Rook 3, but we're having to declare a ground stop on all but the active"

"What the hell?"

"General Aviation suffered a catastrophic failure on approach, we've already got a line of 73s and 74s from across the pond landing"

"Rome Tower, we don't have anywhere else to- dammit! Reroute us."

"Lead, I don't think we're gonna-"

"2, calm the hell down. We're gonna bring these babies safely to the ground if we have to land on A24."

"Rome. Status on the reroute?!"

"We're going to reroute you to Pratica di Mare-"

"- We don't have the fuel to make it there tower! Contact the Escercito. Get us some security support. We're landing on A91"

"What the Fu-"

"Just focus on preserving fuel, 2. follow me, and keep breathing."

As they started on their final approach towards Rome, they saw where the P.S. and the 122nd Armored Cavalry Brigade had cleared the road. Rozenn lead the other F-16 to a final approach, and both planes flamed out right above their makeshift runway.

"Deploy your drouge, now!"

As the F-16s both screeched to a halt, one just a few hundred feet behind the other, the pilots breathed out a heavy sigh. This was just the end of the flight... but the beginning of Rozenn's Adventure.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikhail2001