STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Diplomatic Cable < Australia >

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Australia < JamieA >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.de.gov >
[Subject]: Bilateral Relations
Your Excellency,

I trust this message finds you well. I am reaching out in the hopes of restoring Russo-Argentina relations and developing our bilateral relations.

His Excellency has identified the need for stronger relations and hopes that Australia will reciprocate this energy. Our Ministry is eager to engage in a constructive dialogue with you.

I hope that we may talk to allow us to facilitate open and transparent communication on matters of common interest. This talk could serve as a platform for discussing political, economic, cultural, and security-related issues. Additionally, we are keen on exploring opportunities for collaborative initiatives in areas such as defense cooperation, energy extraction, and industrial development.

We are eager to further Russian investments in Argentina, provide access to Russian equipment, and develop positive relations that will provide peace and security in Oceania.

I look forward to the prospect of working closely with you to build a foundation of trust and cooperation between our nations.

Please let me know a suitable time to meet over the phone

Best regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Russian Federation

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Security Clarification: Private and Secure

To: Minister Lucie Albrecht <Lucie.Albrecht@mid.ru> | Jay
From: Minister Jake Pritchard <Jake.Pritchard@dfat.gov.au>
Cc: Secretary Dylan Carroll <Dylan.Carroll@dfat.gov.uk>
Subject: Re - Diplomatic Relations
Dear Minister Albrecht,

Thank you for reaching out, and I must congratulate yourself on being appointed as the Foreign Minister for the Russian Federation. I must say the nation of Russia has been quite quiet on the international front after the drop of the last Russian Administration.

I accept your request for open dialogue between our two countries to talk about the topics you requested. How would you like to start this open dialogue? This can either be done in person by yourself visiting the Commonwealth of Australia or we can do a video call, which ever is easiest for yourself.

I do look forward to meeting with you and progressing the talks between our two nations.

Regards,
Jake Pritchard
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Commonwealth of Australia

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Australia < JamieA >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.de.gov >
[Subject]: Bilateral Relations
Your Excellency,

I am eager to see Russia reclaim a more prominent global stage and we hope that Australia as the regional power in Oceania will receive Russia in a positive manner.

Due my current schedule I am unable to have a call sometime this week, but would request that your Government be willing to meet with the Senior Presidential Envoy for Foreign Policy Yuri Nikolaev who is available to travel to Australia.

If not, I am happy to arrange a visit to Australia in the near future if that is appropriate. Please let me know what works best for you and our offices can arrange for Mr. Nikolaev to visit Australia or a call at a later date between our offices.

Best regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Russian Federation

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Security Clarification: Private and Secure

To: Minister Lucie Albrecht <Lucie.Albrecht@mid.ru> | Jay
From: Minister Jake Pritchard <Jake.Pritchard@dfat.gov.au>
Cc: Secretary Dylan Carroll <Dylan.Carroll@dfat.gov.uk>
Subject: Re - Diplomatic Relations
Dear Minister Albrecht,

I'll happily accept a visit from the Senior Presidential Envoy for Foreign Policy Yuri Nikolaev at their earliest convenience. Please do let us know the travel arrangements of said delegation so I can organise appropriate security for their visit. I look forward to working with you in the near future.

Regards,
Jake Pritchard
Minister for Foreign Affairs
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Commonwealth of Australia

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
RA-96023.jpg
In the brisk and chilly month of November, a Yuri Nikolaev embarked on the Government's IL-96 jet as he left the bustling city of Moscow to the distant and sun-drenched capital of Australia, Canberra. As the diplomat made his way through the streets of Moscow, bundled up in a tailored overcoat to ward off the winter chill, he carried with him sensitive documents pertaining to several portfolios the Presidency was considering.

As he boarded his plane, departing from Moscow, he reviewed the contents of the documents including the upcoming Russo-Sino summit and one called Operation Praying Mantis. He would make sure to break up his time in the plane to ensure he arrived well rested in Canberra.

The transition from the cold, wintry atmosphere of Moscow to the warmth of the Southern Hemisphere would normally rejoice many, but not Nikolaev, he was a reverent enjoyer of the Cold. Upon arrival in Canberra, the diplomat was greeted by the crisp, dry air characteristic of the Australian continent in November. The city, with its...interesting architecture offered a stark departure from the historic streets of Moscow. The vibrant hues of blooming jacaranda trees and the clear blue skies painted a picturesque backdrop as Nikolaev met with Russian diplomats at the Russian Embassy to have his team get to know their local counterparts before they would depart to the Australian foreign ministry the next day.

Storing the confidential documents inside the Embassy, Nikolaev spent the night inside the Ambassador's residency while his staff planned out their meeting. Evenings in Canberra provided a chance for the other diplomats and Nikolaev's staff to unwind, go out for drinks, and enjoy the city for a bit before the net day. The following day, a diplomatic vehicle from the Embassy would transport the six Russians including Nikolaev to the Australian foreign ministry for a meeting with the Australian Foreign Minister. As they arrived they would await brought to the Minister's office as the Russians would gaze around the Ministry taking in the interior and how it looked/operated.

JamieA

Owen

Commonwealth of Australia
GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

Kevin Rudd would be in his office, having just been sworn in as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Deputy Prime Minister again.

"Sir, some uhh..... Russian gentlemen are at the reception desk."

"Oh ummmm... must've been organised by the previous government. Send them in then."

The receptionist would pop the phone down "The Minister will see you now." A security guard for the building would lead the way to the Minister's office.

"Gentlemen.... Very good to see you. Quite unexpected, but I imagined you were already in Canberra at the time of the new government being sworn in. Please take a seat.... uhhh, what's the name again?"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
The embassy car, adorned with the Russian flag, glided to a smooth stop at the entrance at the mouth of the roundabout. Led by Mr. Yuri Nikolaev, the Senior Presidential Advisor, the group walked towards the entrance. A Russian lady, approached the Secretary to confirm the delegation in.

Once the diplomatic credentials were acknowledged, The staffers found their seats, while Mr. Nikolaev, took his place beside the Minister.

"Yes. It is a pleasure." Nikolaev said with his usual Russian expression, then continuing, "Yuri Nikolaev, Presidential Advisor for Foreign Policy." He looked at the Minister. "I would have to assume you are the new Minister?"

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Yes I am. What brings you to Canberra today? I saw you even flew here all the way from Russia. I must admit, we have not hosted a Russian delegation to Australia in decades, it's not quite a relationship on our priority list. But you are a Pacific power after all I guess."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"As the Minister clarified in her original email we are here to find the ways we can cooperate with Australia over
political, economic, cultural, and security-related issues. Including Russian investments in Argentina, provide access to Russian equipment, and develop positive relations that will provide peace and security in Oceania.

We are hopeful to be putting Australia back in our eyesight amidst decades of a lack of interest. We were hopeful there was potential and we are here to see what areas we can exploit to foster that potential."

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Frankly, we have not had much relations with Russia, not since the Petrov Affair in the 50s and even with the fall of the Soviet Union, we did not have much contact with the new Russian Government. Bob Hawke briefly visited Moscow in 1987 with Secretary Gorbachev. Evdokia Petrova actually died last year without ever seeing an official apology from the Russian Government. I actually think one area we could see a lot of cooperation on is Space exploration. Australia offers unique geography in terms of that. We maintain our strong ties with the United States and use American or European equipment where we can and I don't see that changing anytime soon, but Russia is a leader in developing spacecraft so I see potential there.

I would also be interested in participating with other Russian technologies. We are looking at shoring up our energy security with nuclear energy. Russia is a state which utilises a lot of nuclear energy so I see strong potential there as well. We have large supplies of Uranium as well.

In terms of economic, trade could definitely be expanded and we are looking to open up free trade across the entire Pacific Rim in hopefully a multilateral agreement. If we can strengthen Trans-Pacific trade then that reduces the risks trade vessels face trying to transverse the Indian or Atlantic Oceans, the Suez Canal and the Panama Canal, which always seem to find themselves in conflict more than this ocean. We are also open to having Russian observer status within the South Pacific Forum so you can open yourself to promoting development in this region."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Our current policy has been to use space facilities leased in Kazakistan as well as our new facilities in the far east. I am not an expert in space policy, to which I would invite Australia to reach out to with Roscosmos for further potential cooperation. I believe that they will be capable of providing technical information necessary to facilitate potential Russo-Australian space cooperation." He said with a pause as he looked to his aide who handed him a document.

"On the matter of energy policy, I do believe I can speak with some competency, and would like to know more of your desired energy outlook regarding nuclear energy and what capacity you would like to see Russia playing.

The current Government of Russia is happy to participate in potential trans-pacific talks regarding free trade but we believe at this time there is lack of strong interest in pursuing such a measure. I would invite Australia in the meantime, parallel to a potential trans-pacific agreement, to discuss a bilateral trade agreement with Russia.

Perhaps the South Pacific Forum may be used as an avenue for a multilateral Russo-Pacific free trade agreement as a precursor to a trans-pacific agreement. Would that interest your government?"

Owen

Owen

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We can definitely look at a bilateral agreement before a multilateral one. Maybe we should come back to this matter after the Christmas and New Years break? I need to head home to Brisbane to see my family and Parliament is now in recess."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
The Nikolaev stood up, and extended his hand, shaking that of the Australian Minister. His grip firm. "Yes, let's leave it to our technical teams to follow up later." He said as he directed his staff to go prepare the vehicle. As they left, Nikolaev turned back to the Minister and said. "I hope your government fairs better than the previous one," with a smile as he turned out the door and left.

Nikolaev would spend another two days in Australia, visiting St. Andrews Russian School and the Museum of Contemporary Art before flying back to Moscow to brief the President on his trip.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II