STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Diplomatic Cable < Portugal >

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

220px-Flag_of_West_Germany%3B_Flag_of_Germany_%281990–1996%29.svg.png

Auswärtige Angelegenheiten
Federal Office of Foreign Affairs
social-media-data.png

AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Portugal Bruno
[Sender]: Office of the Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Germany < @BEluckeMOFA.de.gov >
[BCC]:[/align][Subject]: French Economic Coercion against Germany
Dear Your Excellency,

In light of the French Imperial Government's imposing of a sanctions regime against the Federal Republic of Germany, to economically coerce the German people, its Government, and its democratically elected leadership. Its intentions both clear and directly expressed are to overthrow the democratically elected government of Germany. In its statement which Le Monde Quotes, the French Foreign Ministry believes that "As one of the signatories on the Treaty of Final Settlement with Respect to Germany, the French state has a direct role on German governance." It added that "The Ministry hopes that this measure... [will] also pose as a rallying point for the German people to overthrow their government."

The moves represent a serious threat to the democratic regimes of Europe as France's authoritarian ambitions know no limits either territorially or ideologically. We hope that Portugal will, as a champion of democracy, condemn France's authoritarian system. Additionally we hope that you will join us in pushing back against France's assertions.

We would like to ask for your support in releasing a joint-statement that rejects the misuse of the Treaty of the Final Settlement of Germany to justify economic sanctions against Germany, the attempts by France to interfere in Germany's internal affairs, and their violations of international law in doing so.

The statement would read similar as follows:

We, the undersigned representatives of Germany and Portugal, hereby issue this joint statement to express our collective rejection of France's invocation of the Treaty of Final Settlement with Respect to Germany as justification for its recent actions. We align ourselves with Germany's position that the powers of the occupational authorities ceased with the signing of the treaty.

We categorically reject the right to interfere in the internal affairs of Germany, and by extension, no entity should exploit its powers to enforce economic coercion for the purpose of influencing governmental change. Germany's sovereignty, as enshrined in international law, is inviolable, and any attempts to undermine it through the measures used by France are deemed unacceptable.

We call for a diplomatic resolution to address any disputes and encourage all parties involved to engage in dialogue to promote mutual understanding and cooperation. We stand united in safeguarding the principles that underpin a stable and peaceful international order, where the rights of nations are respected, and sovereign equality prevails. We further stand united in safeguarding the economic order which underpin a stable and peaceful Europe where the rights of nations are respected and legal economic activities prevail.

If the language above is acceptable we would be happy to receive your signature on behalf of your government. If you wish to tweak the language of the statement please inform me of such desires and I am happy to speak with you regarding it.

Signed,
Bernd Lucke
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
1024px-Coat_of_arms_of_Portugal.svg.png

SECRET

To:
Bernd Lucke
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany Jay
Subject: French and Germany Diplomatic Fallout

Our commitment to active engagement in international affairs continue to be of main concern to our President and his cabinet. In addition to offering our city of Porto as a neutral ground for talks, where both ambassadors from France and Germany can meet with me, I must elevate that Portugal recognizes the importance of gaining a comprehensive understanding of the situation between France and Germany. To that end, we will initiate contact with the French government and his Royal Majesty, to express our interest in better understanding their perspective on the matter. Our aim is to facilitate open communication and encourage a constructive dialogue that may contribute to a more nuanced understanding of the challenges at hand. We as leaders must understand that on the other side of the table also stands another leader, upholding the concern of his nation. We must always see the bigger frame and understand that sometimes, just a falling of communication of the few can dictate the fate of the many.

Likewise, we wish to assure you that, as part of our efforts, we will actively work to influence all parties involved, encouraging them to consider Germany's perspective and France's perspective and explore avenues for compromise and cooperation between these great nation states. Portugal is committed and offers to play a positive and mediating role, promoting an environment that will be conducive to a diplomatic resolution. In the spirit of fostering cooperation, we propose organizing a roundtable discussion in Lisbon that includes representatives from all concerned parties. This would provide an opportunity for a face-to-face dialogue between France and Germany, fostering mutual understanding, and exploring common ground between each other.

It is crucial, in these delicate matters, that nations uphold their sovereignty while also recognizing the legitimate concerns of other nations. Portugal believes in the principles of mutual respect and cooperation, and we are dedicated to facilitating a diplomatic resolution that respects the rights and sovereignty of all involved parties. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and look forward to working together to foster stability and cooperation in the region, which for the past few months as been unstable. Our commitment to the principles of sovereignty, international law, and diplomatic resolution remains unwavering.

Thank you for your cooperation,
Secretary of State of the Portuguese Republic,
Jaime Gama

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

220px-Flag_of_West_Germany%3B_Flag_of_Germany_%281990–1996%29.svg.png

Auswärtige Angelegenheiten
Federal Office of Foreign Affairs
social-media-data.png

AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Portugal Bruno
[Sender]: Office of the Foreign Minister of the Federal Republic of Germany < @BEluckeMOFA.de.gov >
[BCC]:[/align][Subject]: French Economic Coercion against Germany
Dear Your Excellency,

The Federal Republic is not opposed to diplomatic conversations and appreciates your government's endeavors to attempt to facilitate communications between the French Imperialists and Germany. In-spite of our current position I will instruct our Ambassador in Lisbon to discreetly attend the meeting in Porto should the French Imperialist Ambassador likewise accept.

We ask that these actions be kept as secretive as possible and urge discretion.

Nonetheless we urge Portugal to seriously reconsider deepening relations with an Imperialist power with ambitions to undermine the European order. It is crucial that at the end of your fact-finding mission that when the truth is spelt out, Portugal has the courage to face it and say that what France is, and what it is doing is wrong.

I look forward to hearing that the French despite their arrogance will meet us in Porto.

Signed,
Bernd Lucke
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
After hearing the news, that Canada had just declared war on France, the Ambassador of Portugal to Germany, would call the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Germany, Bernd Lucke. This was marked as urgent. He wait to be picked up.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
In the opulent confines of the German Foreign Minister's office, a room adorned with dark mahogany furniture Foreign Minister Lucke sat in his office listening to the latest on Der Spiegel. The air was thick with tension as he sat behind his polished desk, engrossed in the latest news on a snap election unfolding within the German political landscape.

A large wooden clock ticked methodically on the wall, measuring the seconds, as Lucke gazed intently at the television screen broadcasting the developments. The news anchor's voice echoed through the room, detailing the unfolding drama of a political landscape in flux, where the majority of the incumbent government hung precariously in the balance.
"She will regret this decision..." Lucke said with a sigh believing that Schreiber was going to blow their majority over a few extra seats.

Lucke tapped rhythmically on the desk as he contemplated the potential ramifications of this unexpected turn of events. As he tapped the discreet chime emanated from the minister's desk. His steered his eyes from the the television to the secured phone line on his desk. He picked up the receiver, acknowledging the German interlocutor who told him it was the Portuguese Ambassador.

"Ambassador. I hope you are well." Lucke said as he turned the channel on his TV only to see that Portugal was reporting Canada had declared war on France. In his mind he could only think what would happen next as he listened to the Portuguese Ambassador.

Bruno

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Making sure that the line was encrypted, and it was private, he would commence. “Hello, Mr. Lucke, I'm Ricardo Aurelio, the ambassador of Portugal to your state. By now, you know what I'm going to speak, probably.” Hearing the news from the other side of the phone. “Canada and France are in open conflict, while we do not have anything that can prove that France as intervened in the Canadian lands, we also have no proof of the contrary. I believe in innocence before being judged, Mr. Minister.” He would pause. “Now… we do know of the tensions currently between Germany and France, and I know that, strategically speaking…” He would pause again and sigh. “I'm hopeful that Germany will not seek to impose its will on the French nation, or take this as an opportunity for such measures. I'm hoping that Germany will take the avenue of communication and talks, instead of bullets and blood. As you are doing right now in Braga. A war in Europe, will be a terrible thing, that may start a domino effect. However, let me ask you plainly. Does Germany prefer to seek amends with France at the table? Rather than on the field of battle?"

The ambassador was a direct to the point man, as the German people were, he was chosen due to this characteristic, to better facilitate relations between Portugal and Germany.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Ambassador Aurelio. We have not had the pleasure yet to meet in person. Thank you for calling." Lucke said as he turned off the television. "Yes. I have heard of the news coming across the Pond as our American counterparts like to call it." Minister Lucke paused as he sent an email to Canada that had been in his drafts. "While I can not divulge much regarding what will or may be discussed in Braga the resolution of our situation with France will depend on what France does.

We welcome their latest move to eliminate the majority of the sanction regime. We will require that they eliminate all travel and asset restrictions against the German government before we can begin a healthy relationship. After which serious efforts must be made by France to rebuild trust lost.

However I believe, while your intentions are pure, your statements are not. Germany did not start this crisis and we remain committed to peaceful resolution of our issues. It would be pertinent upon you to make that clarification with France which acted unilaterally, unjustly, and without provocation."

Bruno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa