STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Egypt] Message to the Global Assambly Secretariat

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Global Assambly Secretariat
Message from: Sadiki Aswad, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Arab Republic of Egypt

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Secretary General,
On behalf of the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt I would like to salute you. The intention of this message is to raise some concerns regarding the published set of statutes and regulations of the International Organization you represent, specifically, the "Statue of the Court".

As you are surely aware, the nation my Government represents has decided, for the time being, to not be part of the GA. On that regard, Article 7 of the statute of the court says that "The jurisdiction of the Court comprises all cases which the parties refer to it and all matters specially provided for in the Charter of the Global Assembly or in treaties and resolutions in force". Presented this way, we have a very vague, ambigous and problematic definition.

At the moment, Egypt does not recognize any legal authority of the GA and its bodies in egyptian territory, and we are not subject to its laws and regulations. The definition of Art. 7 brings us to understand that we are subject to the normative of the Court, which we do not recognize. If that would not be bad enough, the way this is written opens the door for any nation to literally present any case, regardless of its even a matter of international law.

Our intention is to clarify the fact that the Arab Republic of Egypt is not subject to the laws and regulations decided by an International Organization it is not part of. Going against this would be an offense against the foundational concept of international law: the sovereignty of the State.

Sincerely yours,

Sadiki Aswad
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Arab Republic of Egypt

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Executive Office of the Secretary General
Private & Encrypted

To: Sadiki Aswad, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Arab Republic of Egypt (@Naio90)
Cc:
Subject: Article 7
Classification: Top Secret (A2)

Minister Aswad,

Due to the Acting Secretary General currently presiding over an Assembly session, I have been tasked with drafting a response on behalf of his administration.

I wish to respond with stating that I can agree how it is possible that this article can be interpreted in various manners, and that this was overseen by the commission which drafted the statute. Therefore, I wish to make clear how the Secretariat defines this article. In our eyes, the Arab Republic of Egypt, having neither chosen to become a Member State of the Global Assembly or separately ratified any of the Statutes, does not fall under the jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice or any other institution of the Global Assembly. Meaning, neither this statute or this article applies to the Arab Republic of Egypt.

A possible solution to this issue, would be for the Secretariat to submit a 'Legal Opinion' request to the International Court of Justice to receive an official interpretation of the article. However, as the Justices still have to be appointed it may be a while before such an clarification is received. Therefore, at this time I can only inform you of the position of the Secretariat on this issue.

Respectfully,
J.Jonker
Josephine de Jonker
Chief of Staff of the Acting Secretary General
Global Assembly

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

Secret and Encrypted

Message to: Josephine de Jonker, Chief of Staff of the Acting Secretary General
Message from: Sadiki Aswad, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Arab Republic of Egypt

The present message has been encrypted and encoded with the Advanced Internal Communications System. The unauthorized divulgence of the content of the present message, or part of it, is strictly prohibited.

Acting Secretary General de Jonker,
I thank you for your quick response, it clearly addresses the concerns of the Arab Republic of Egypt. In addition, it is the intention of my Government to clarify that the absence of my nation among the ratifiers of the Statutes has not to be interpreted as a complete lack of collaboration between Egypt and the General Assembly. If deemed necesary, and for the sake of international and humanitarian laws, we are open to discuss potential issues of importance.

Sincerely yours,

Sadiki Aswad
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Arab Republic of Egypt

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Executive Office of the Secretary General
Private & Encrypted

To: Sadiki Aswad, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade of the Arab Republic of Egypt (@Naio90)
Cc:
Subject: Article 7
Classification: Top Secret (A2)

Minister Aswad,

We are pleased to hear of your governments desire to cooperate on various topics, I will convey this to the next Secretary General once he has been appointed. We hope to one day welcome the Arab Republic of Egypt to the Global Assembly as a member state and until such time hope to see the development of a positive relationship between Egypt and the Global Assembly.

Respectfully,
J.Jonker
Josephine de Jonker
Chief of Staff of the Acting Secretary General
Global Assembly

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear