STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[EOI] Message to the Global Assembly

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

NJ6Y2yH.png

JJXAe6C.png

NJ6Y2yH.png

To: General Secretary Clark Stone

Dearest General Secretary Stone,

My name is Ravi Shanker Prasad, I am the Minister of Law and Justice for the Empire of India. I would first like to congratulate you on your election in becoming the General Secretary of the Global Assembly, I am sure that it was no easy task.

I was tasked by my government to contact you in the hopes that we may discuss the possibility of the Empire of India becoming a member of the Global Assembly. If this would interest the Assembly then let me know and I will send you a list of questions and possible concerns that India may have about the Global Assembly. If we could discuss through these questions and concerns then I am certain that my governmental peers will vote in favor of joining the Assembly.

I am eager to hear back from you, General Secretary Stone.

Kindest Regards,
Ravi Shankar Prasad
Minister of Law and Justice
Empire of India

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Executive Office of the Secretary General
Private & Encrypted

To: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Law and Justice of the Empire of India (@Alex)
Cc:
Subject: Membership
Classification: A2 (Top Secret)

Honourable Minister,

It is a true pleasure to have received this message and I thank you for your congratulations. I am pleased to hear of your governments interest in joining the Global Assembly.

According to Art. 7 of the Charter of the Global Assembly: 'Membership to the Global Assembly is open to all nations which accept the obligations contained in the present Charter and any Resolutions passed by the Assembly.' Therefor it is not legally required to seek the Assembly's approval for your ascension. However, if you wish I could submit an advisory resolution in regards to the possible future membership of your nation.

Furthermore, I would be more than willing to answer any questions and concerns you have about membership to the Global Assembly. This could be done by means of continuing this exchange of messages or a meeting could be arranged between a delegation from the Empire of India and the Global Assembly, however that mean a delay as I must await the appointment of various Undersecretaries.

I will leave the decision up to you.

Respectfully,
C.STONE
Clark Stone
Secretary General
Global Assembly

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

NJ6Y2yH.png

JJXAe6C.png

NJ6Y2yH.png

To: Clark Stone

I am happy to hear that the Assembly is interested in India's membership. I believe that an advisory resolution may be a good path to take, after all India wants to make sure that we will get along with the other member states and to do so we need to know that they would actually want us a part of the Assembly, regardless of the Art. 7 of the Charter of the Global Assembly.

Now, as for our questions and concerns:
  1. How does the Global Assembly handle disputes between two or more member states? Specifically over disputed territory.
  2. How does the Global Assembly handle armed conflicts between two or more members states?
  3. Does the Global Assembly have any power over the economy/funds of the member states?

Kindest Regards,
Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
Minister of External Affairs
Empire of India

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Executive Office of the Secretary General
Private & Encrypted

To: Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Law and Justice of the Empire of India (@Alex)
Cc:
Subject: Membership
Classification: A2 (Top Secret)

Honourable Minister,

The Global Assembly is an organisation who's aim it is to maintain peace and stability, therefore we aim to support the initiatives of solving such disputes through means of dialogue and diplomacy rather than sanctions and armed conflict. In terms of disputed territory it is always in our interest to seek a bilateral solution to the dispute.

The state of armed conflict between two member states is something we aim to avoid at all costs and we would of course be heartbroken that disputes escalated to such a level. The Global Assembly isn't empowered to take direct action in such a conflict, however we would aim to support the establishment of a cease-fire and the deployment of peacekeeping forces to maintain any cease-fires. Though any peacekeeping initiatives and operations would require bilateral agreement as it is not our intention to put peacekeepers in the line of fire.

The Global Assembly does not have any powers over the economy or funds of its member states. However, it may be possible for the Assembly to impose sanctions on nations viewed as threats to global stability, tough that would be an extreme measure.

I hope these answers satisfy your queries. Please do not hesitate to ask further questions.

Respectfully,
C.STONE
Clark Stoneinfl
Secretary General
Global Assembly

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019

PRIVATE AND ENCRYPTED

NJ6Y2yH.png

JJXAe6C.png

NJ6Y2yH.png

To: Clark Stone

I thank you for answering our questions while it has clarified a lot for us, I am afraid that it has brought up more questions for India.

1. How far would these sanctions go? How damaging to a nation's economy would they be? Are other nation states obligated to follow these sanctions?
  2. What would the process of handling disputed territories be? Would it be simply between the two nations and the Global Assembly/International Court of Justice or would other member states be involved in the discussion of the disputed territories?
  3. Lastly, if a member state believes that the Global Assembly is no longer playing its role or is injuring a nation more than helping it, would that nation be able to leave? And if so, what would the process of exiting the Global Assembly be?

Kindest Regards,
Ravi Shankar Prasad
Minister of Law and Justice
Empire of India

@Dutchy

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
The Indian government would assume the Global Assembly is no longer interested in seeing India as a member state and would place the e-mails on standby.

@Dutchy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II