STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Estonia 2000: Setting the Conditions for a Peaceful and Prosperous Baltic Region

Kai

Newcomer
Aug 5, 2018
1200px-Ministerial_e-Government_Conference_%28COMPET%29_Kaja_Kallas_%2837528171751%29.jpg

Full transcript of a speech delivered by the Prime Minister to Parliament on affairs of state security and foreign relations.

When my Government was sworn in, we promised to act bold and be innovative. Our innovation must not stop at our borders; we must pursue a foreign policy dictated by our values and restrained by our geography. Though we are a small country, we have the capacity to influence the events in our region to make Estonia safer, more prosperous, and democratic. Our country has built much since independence from the Soviet Union some seven years ago,but there is much more to be done. Friends, colleagues, citizens, I promise you this: Estonia will be safe. Estonia will be prosperous. Estonia will lead.

National defence is a daunting task for a country of less than two million surrounded by major powers. Our demography and geography dictate that we must not do so alone. We look to our democratic friends in Europe and across the world for support in our uphill climb. Multilateral organisations lie at the heart of our approach to international affairs, which is why my government will move with speed to initiate talks with our friends in the Nordic Council to review enhanced cooperation in economic affairs, trade, and cultural exchange. We look to these areas as a gateway to expanding further strategic cooperation.

Looking around the continent, our gaze is wearingly drawn to our neighbour to the East. The Russian government, plagued in debt and responsible for the economic crises which befalls the world, is not a natural partner for Estonia. We shamefully remember the decades of oppression by their Soviet fathers, but my Government will not let history blind us when engaging with our neighbours. Our security is Russian security, so we must engage in constructive dialogue with Moscow. Building a relationship based on trust, mutual respect, and understanding will be a priority for my government.

The Global Assembly, that great democratic institution founded after the despair of war, is a vital asset we can use to speak up about matters of importance to Estonia. My government will steadfastly pursue matters of human rights, international law, and advancing democracy through this forum. We will seek a spot on the security council. We will seek to lead this institution not through our strength but through our word. Friends, our future lies in constructive engagement bilaterally and strengthening our power through multilateral institutions. From Wellington to Washington, we will seek to engage with partners and adversaries. To mediate international disputes in our region. To deploy peacekeepers when called on by the Global Assembly. To fight for democracy and human rights regardless of how politically popular that may be.

We are small, but we must be strong. We know far too well the consequences of appeasement, subjugation, and foreign control. Never again shall an Estonian government subject her people to that. Not on my watch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien