STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ETH] Investing in culture

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018

240px-Emblem_of_Ethiopia.svg.png

Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
የኢትዮጵያ ፌዴራላዊ ዴሞክራሲያዊ ሪፐብሊክ

Message from the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism

To: SANAA (Sejima and Nishizawa and Associates) JamieA
Re: Inquiry

To whom it might concern,
We would like to commence by extending our warmest greetings and highlight our respect to your firms prestigious architectural work through the years. We contact you today on behalf of the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia regarding an upcoming architectural project we are planning to initiate in our naitions capital and would like to request a videoconference to present your firm with more details to look into a potential contract between my Government and SANAA.

We look forward into hearing from you,

Respectfully,

Kejella Merdassa

Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
Addis Ababa

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

Security Clarification: Private
To: Kejella.Merdassa@moct.gov.et (Naio90)
Cc:
Attachments:
Subject: Re: Inquiry
Dear Minister Merdassa,

It is great to hear that you are looking to use Sejima and Nishizawa and Associates (SANAA) as the architectural firm in the upcoming project in your fine capital! I am free on the (5th) June, at the time of your choosing. I have cleared my schedule to be able to attend this video conference personally. I look forward to hearing more about this project and hopefully our services can be as of use for your Government.

Kindest Regards,
Kazuyo Sejima
Architect

© Sejima and Nishizawa and Associates (SANAA), Japan​

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
After receiving the message of confirmation, including date, a quick response would be sent privately to SANAA indicating a convenient hour of the day for both timezones.

--

At the day and time of the meeting, Minister Merdassa would be ready and waiting in the ministry's conference call room accompanied by the Secretary of Culture and the Director of the National Museum of Ethiopia. There would also be some note takers in the room and aides that would help with the technical side of the videoconference as well as with the brief presentation that was going to be showed to the japanese. All presented documents would be send to the architecture firm after the meeting.

The call would be initiated from Ethiopia's side and await for the japanese achitecture firm to accept the call.

JamieA

JamieA

Kingdom of Denmark
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

With the Minister initiating the class, the IT Department would accept the call on behalf of Kazuyo and ensure the call was working. Kazuyo would be sat behind a long conference table, with a pad and pen waiting alon with Kazuyo would be some Interns who were there to take notes on the meeting incase it was needed. "Hello Minister Merdassa, how are you today? I hope everything is going smoothly? How can SANAA help?" Kazuyo paused allowing the Ethiopian to speak
Naio90

Naio90

Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
"Mr. Kazuyo, thank you very much for accepting our request for this videoconference so quickly. I am Kejella Merdassa, Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Ethiopia. Together with me are the Secretary of Culture and the Director of the National Museum fo Ethiopia.

As you might have heard, the National Government of Ethiopia is currently undertaking an unprecedented program of public infrastructure developmend, destined to improve the quiality of life of the ethiopian people but also to revitalize the national economy and promote new industries. The tourism sector has been identified as one of these new key areas to be expanded. With so many natural resources and landscapes, our nation has a great potential. But we are not only nature and pristine environments, Ethiopia has thousands of years of history to show and share with the world.

As such, and in line with our goal of expanding the influx of tourists into the country, we have decided to completely modernize and expand the National Museum of Ethiopia, or NME. This building and its valuable content have been left neglected for decades and it is in dire need of a change. This is were we noted your expertise in the area of educational buildings and the refinement and modernity of your projects.

We would like to ask your company to provide us with a budget to design and construct a new National Museum of Ethiopia in our capital. If this is a project your firm might be interested in, I can continue with more details."

JamieA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien