STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

France Email to Netherlands

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Office of the President of France
Top Secret Encrypted Message

1570614836658.png

To: Prime Minister of Netherlands, Elco Brinkman

Dear Your Excellency,

As President of France, I wish you nothing but Godspeed on your journey as the leader of your people and your country. As close neighbors, France wishes nothing but amicable relations between our two nations regardless of political outlook. France is surging forward as a neutral nation, focusing on trade and commerce to better not just our citizens, but those of our continental neighbors as well as our international ones. Our "Open Policy" means less barriers and walls between nations.

I hope to speak with you either via letter, or in person soon.

Yours,

Francois Mitterand

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Kingdom of the Netherlands

Recipient: Francois Mitterrand, President of the Republic of France (@Moe)
Cc: -
Subject: Bilateral Relations
Classification: Secure

Mr President,

It is a true pleasure to have received your communique. Due to the Prime Minister currently being preoccupied, I have been tasked with laying the foundation of our bilateral relationship. The French Republic and the Kingdom of the Netherlands share a close history, including cultural, political and economical ties. We believe that close cooperation between our nations is of utmost important, including in Europe and in the Caribbean on the territory of Saint Martin.

I have been having some difficulty finding information on the current state of your nation, would you be willing to inform us of the current political situation in France in terms of the composition of your legislative and executive branches.

If possible I wish to proceed our correspondence via this correspondence.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

To: Maximiliaan Theunissen

I must say that your response is rather offensive. Not only did you cast-off our president to a lower secretary, but you then had the gall to question my countries recent history?

Difficulty finding information on the current state of your nation,

Do you do this with all nations that have a sitting President of seven years?

Is this how you address President Clinton? Does Iraq or Bosnia not bother you?

As close neighbors with historical ties, the French government hoped for more.

@Dutchy

Attachments

• 1573502829344.png
    1573502829344.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Recipient: Francois Mitterrand, President of the Republic of France (@Moe)

Mr President,

I apologise that you feel offended by my response, I have only been tasked with leading these talks because, as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I am the most suitable substitution to the Prime Minister in terms of communicating with a foreign head of government.

I am not questioning your country's recent history, I was simply hoping that you would be willing to inform me of your accomplishments over the recent years. France has been through a lot over the recent decades, suffering from horrendous terror attacks. Furthermore I have been informed that both the presidential and legislative election are scheduled for this year, I was simply hoping that you could give me a brief update on the current state of affairs of your nation.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

To: Maximiliaan Theunissen

You aware we have are having elections next month, but do not know what parties compromise our legislature? How is this possible? And again, did you ask America or the UK this sort of question? Especially on the initial reply after it was France that contacted you first?

If you have questions about terrorism, just come out an ask. We have not had a terror attack in over a year. You have newspapers and even the new internet in the Netherlands, don't you? You must, or you would not know about terror attacks or our elections.

You have not made an enemy of France, but you certainly not made a good impression with us. And, if you think France is going to be a pushover like it once was during and after the War, think again.

Perhaps when my Vice-President arrives back from an overseas trip, you can speak with him.

I am no longer interested in any further correspondence with you.

@Dutchy

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

To: Maximiliaan Theunissen, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Netherlands

Dear Mr. Theunissen,

This is President-elect Jean Le-Pen. I understand there may have been some hostility in your previous correspondence with President Mitterrand. I would like to rectify this. Immediately.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience, and I will arrange for a flight to Amsterdam so we can meet and talk this out in person.

Yours,

Jean Le-Pen

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Recipient: Jean Le-Pen, President-Elect of the French Republic (@Moe)

Mr President,

On behalf of Prime Minister Brinkman I wish to congratulate you on your electoral victory and with the faith the French people have shown in you through electing you with a most resounding majority. I believe my previous correspondence was based on a most unfortunate misunderstanding between myself and the honourable Mr Mitterrand, though one which we hope we can leave behind us. We would be honoured to host you in the Netherlands for a working visit, however I am hosting a Norwegian delegation tomorrow. We could schedule a meeting for a later date, or a different Minister could host you or I can have the Dutch Ambassador to France Mr Lucas Schermer meet with you at your earliest convenience.

Please inform me of your most desired course of action.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

Dear Mr. Theunissen,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I would prefer a face to face meeting with Prime Minister Brinkman. This can be arranged around his schedule, but with our borders so close I would hope it could sometime in the next week or so.

I look forward to your response.

Yours, JLP

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Mr President,

Prime Minister Brinkman is currently hosting a British diplomatic delegation and may not be available for some time. I could however attempt to schedule a meeting with one of the Deputy Prime Ministers if you would be willing to speak with them. Otherwise I'd like to suggest a meeting on French soil between yourself or a representative of your government and the Dutch ambassador, for discussions in regards to bilateral cooperation.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

Dear Mr. Theunissen,

I see that your Prime Minister will be available for the time being, however I view relations between the Netherlands and France vital. I would like to formally invite you to visit me in Paris for official talks. This will not be a mere formality. The soon to be French Minister of Foreign Affairs, Jaques DuPont, will also be in attendance. Just notify us of your travel schedule, so that the appropriate security measures can be taken.

Yours,

JLP

@Dutchy

I would hope you could arrive in a day or two.

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Mr President,

I am currently unavailable as I host a Norwegian delegation. I can schedule your visit with either myself or the Prime Minister once we are available, however I feel it is essential that we lay the strong foundation in regards to our bilateral relations as soon as possible. Therefore I wish to once again offer that I dispatch the Ambassador to speak with either yourself or a representative of your government.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

Dear Mr. Theunissen,

Very well, Minister Thuenissen. Please dispatch the ambassador and if you could you also please forward me his or her name beforehand. We have much to discuss and I would like to have the ambassador in as soon as possible.

Yours,

JLP

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Mr President,

I have dispatched Ambassador Lucas Schermer to meet with you at your the earliest convenience. I agree that there is much opportunity for bilateral cooperation between our two nations.

Yours Sincerely,

Maximiliaan Theunissen

Ambassador Lucas Schermer, after receiving a notification from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the meeting, would head towards the French presidential residence in a black sedan marked with diplomatic plates and a Dutch flag. Upon arrival the driver, a diplomatic security officer, would show his identification and the identification of the Ambassador to the appropriate security personnel.

@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018

1570614836658.png

Dear Mr. Theunissen,

Thank you kindly. Please let Ambassador Schermer know I will be available early tomorrow morning around nine. I must leave by late afternoon, as I have an overseas trip, but I believe we can lay the groundwork for a fresh start in Dutch-Franco relations in that time.

Yours,

JLP

@Dutchy

Dutchy

The Netherlands
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ambassador Lucas Schermer, after receiving a notification from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about the meeting, would head towards the French presidential residence the following morning in a black sedan marked with diplomatic plates and a Dutch flag. Upon arrival the driver, a diplomatic security officer, would show his identification and the identification of the Ambassador to the appropriate security personnel.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
The French Military Police would inspect the credentials of the Ambassador, salute and say, "This way Ambassadeur Schemer," and motion in the direction of Foreign Minister DuPont, who was waiting at the door.

Tall, thin, slicked back dark thinning hair, with the physique of a marathoner, in a black pin-striped suit, the sixty-years young DuPont looks absolutely dapper. He extends a long outstretched hand and a wide smile to Ambassador Schemer.

"Mister, Ambassador. Welcome. I am thrilled that you are here. We have much to discuss. Follow me to my office."

Minister DuPont leads the Ambassador to his office, just a few steps down one corridor and then a right. He opens the door for the Ambassador. "After you, Mister Ambassador. Please have a seat."

He motions not to one of the two chairs in front of the Minister's desk, but to a black sofa to the left opposite a similar black sofa with a short black coffee table separating them.

"Please help yourself Mister Ambassador to coffee, we have Earl Grey, or water."

The Minister then goes to his desk and grabs a glass from the mini bar and tosses a few ice cubes in one.

"Myself, I like a nice Remy-Martin after a 5k run in the morning. What could I get you?"

@Dutchy

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikhail2001