STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[France]: Message to Great Britain

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of France
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Secretary Lawrence Adams,

I am saddened to receive a report by diplomatic adviser François Hollande who is representing the French Republic in the European Summit in Norway. It is to my understanding Great Britain is being represented by Prime Minister Andrew Evans and that members were supportive of the headquarters to be in Strasbourg but due to a reservation made by your Prime Minister it went to a revote. I am extremely disappointed and feel betrayed that your government was not supportive of the headquarters to be held in Strasbourg which is culturally and historically the best city for the headquarters but this will no longer be the case. The aims of the meeting I held with the Norwegian Government before the European Summit were to unite Europe to see everyone involved grow economically and socially but now my government doesn't see that happening. I have decided that it is not in the best interests of my country for us to join the organisation at this time due to the clear failings shown in the start-up meeting before the union has even started up with the Irish diplomat agreeing that a second vote gives an air of indecision which we feel would be the case in future votes.

Kind Regards,
Marine Le Pen
President
French Republic

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

To: Marine Le Pen Zak
Cc: lawrence.adams@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: European Upset

Hello,

Thank you for your email, I've heard about the range of discussions taking place within the European Summit and are disappointed in the decision for a withdrawal from the French Government. Whilst there is no intent to cause offence or prompt upset; the concerns surrounding stability are well-founded with years of evidence to suggest that hosting the EU in France could easily be ruptured. Whereas others such as Poland, have remained a beacon of stability within Europe for decades.

Historical and cultural ties, we don't believe, should impact a process that could be around for decades if not longer. A united Europe doesn't and will never mean there is no division, but it's the job of the EU to handle that division. If our input is enough to break Frances involvement, then it reinforces the concept that France would never have been a stable host. What if, after investment in a HQ, someone else disagreed with you; you leave the EU and that would leave the HQ back in the same situation. These 'clear failings' of meetings are designed to find what works best for the collective which should include policies for voting to ensure there is no indecision. For example, there is nothing in the policy that says a majority is a winning vote.

If you are able to harshly judge an organisation that has not yet been formed, on one meeting, then perhaps leaving the EU was the best intention. However, you have confirmed my suspicions of instability by the response your government have had in relation to the British Government airing legitimate concern, in a respectful way, that could not be refuted by yourselves with evidence and that resulted in such a dismissal.

Kind Regards,
Lawrence Adams

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of France
Security Classification: ENCRYPTED

Dear Secretary Lawrence Adams,

I find your reasoning surrounding the European Union headquarters not being held in France quite poor. Seventy percent of member states voted in agreement of the headquarters being held in Strasbourg within the first vote which has proved that France is a worthy and capable contender of hosting the European Union headquarters. There may have been instability in the past such as that of former President Jacques Chirac having shambolic economic plans for the country which led to protests across the country but our country will continue on a wonderful path to success. I think it is a good thing that Andrew Evans is standing down and I hope his successor will be a worthy contender who will actually stand up for the friendship between our two countries.

Kind Regards,
Marine Le Pen
President
French Republic

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

GOVERNMENT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND NORTHERN IRELAND
Security Classification:
TOP SECRET

To: Marine Le Pen Zak
Cc: lawrence.adams@parliament.uk
Subject: Re: European Upset

Hello,

I appreciate your opinion, the only evidence of stability we've witnessed with France is economic debt, riots where embassy staff had to evacuate internationally (Which I shall add, cost the UK millions to support international efforts to evacuate their staff) and a large number of presidents. Fortunately, if history of the last 10 years are anything to go by, we'd have welcomed four more French Presidents before Mr Evans' stands down.... next year.

Nonetheless, if raising genuine concerns based on solid evidence is 'poor', and you have nothing to refute it but to resort to 'well we're friends so you must support us', then perhaps the relations between the UK and France are indefinitely strained.

Kind Regards,
Lawrence Adams

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
With the final reply given by the British Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs, Marine Le Pen had discarded the email and scheduled a meeting with her Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of Defence through encrypted channels to discuss the future of the British and French relationship, something she felt that was declining.

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren