STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

France | Message to Russia

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023

196px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_%281830-31%29.svg.png

Empire de France
Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères

From: Sophie Dubois, Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères, France
To: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russia (Jay)
CC: Comtesse Aimée Lévesque, Her Imperial Majesty's Ambassador to the Russian Federation, France
Classification: Confidential

Subject: Proposed Meeting to Establish Franco-Russian Relations

Your Excellency,

As prominent members of the European continent, despite being on opposite ends of it, France and Russia throughout history have always been in contact. Whether it was hostile or friendly, there were always relations. In this new era of increasing globalization and the security challenges that stem from it it has become impossible for any state to stand entirely on its own. As it is the understanding of my government that we both share an interest in the ability of Europe to protect itself without relying on non-European powers I would like to request a meeting for the French Ambassador in Moscow with a member of your government to discuss the possibie shared interests and to assess if there are grounds for a stronger Franco-Russian relationship. Countess Aimée Lévesque is currently in Moscow and could meet with a Russian representative at any time of your choosing.

Sincerely,
Sophie Dubois,
Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères,

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of France < Alexander >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.ru.gov >
[Subject]: RE:Bilateral Relations
Dear Minister Dubois,

It is a pleasure to receive your correspondence.

The Russian Federation welcomes this positive effort by Paris to develop positive relations with Russia. We are eager to find ways to develop those ties and build more institutional cooperation.

The era of globalization has provided the global community an opportunity to join hands in cooperation with one another. It is my hope that France will join Russia in being partners for global cooperation.

His Excellency President Nemtsov has watched develops in France closely and is eager to understand the situation more thoroughly.

Russia is eager to avoid any single hegemonic power attempting to govern Europe and welcomes any well-meaning initiative with he goals of European cooperation that is inclusive of Russia and recognizes its specific interests.

Unfortunately due to the Russo-Chinese summit My Government is unavailable for an immediate meeting. Our Ambassador to France however is fully equipped to meet with you and your government and have an honest conversation about the situation in France, geopolitical issues, and ways we can cooperate. A delegation of Russian foreign policy officials will also be dispatched to Pari sir this is appropriate.

Please let me know if this arrangement works or if you would prefer a later meeting.

Regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Russian Federation

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023

196px-Coat_of_Arms_of_the_July_Monarchy_%281830-31%29.svg.png

Empire de France
Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères

From: Sophie Dubois, Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères, France
To: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russia (Jay)
Classification: Confidential

Subject: Re: Bilateral Relations

Your Excellency,

I understand perfectly and your alternative is more than acceptable. The Ambassador is hereby invited to meet with myself at the Hôtel du ministre des Affaires étrangères. I look forward to providing them, and by extension your government, with all the clarification they desire and look forward to embarking on this first step in the new chapter of Franco-Russian relations.

Sincerely,
Sophie Dubois,
Ministre de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères,

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
As the sun dipped below the Parisian skyline, casting long shadows across the elongated boulevards, the imposing facade of the French Foreign Ministry stood as it casted a long shadow over the courtyard ahead. Within its grand halls an air of anticipation hung heavy as the hour approached for the arrival of the Russian diplomats.

Across the cobblestone courtyard, flanked by marble statues and building facades, a sleek black sedan glided to a halt. Its tinted windows obscured the occupants within, leaving only the faintest silhouette of the figures driving the vehicle.

As the car's doors swung open with a soft whisper, the first of the Russian diplomats emerged. They navigated the steps of the Ministry as they prepared to attend their meeting. Behind the Ambassador followed a retinue of aides and advisors including his Chief of Staff, a defense attaché, and other civil servants.

The French officials, awaiting their guests would see Ambassador Aleksey Meshkov and his aides arriving ahead of their scheduled meeting. As the Russians were guided inside the Ministry, the atmosphere crackled as if wind had broken through the secured doors.

Each step echoed as the Russians remained silent and followed their French hosts to their meeting room. It almost felt that the weight of the future, as the destinies of their nations hung in the balance. Beyond the polished veneer of formalities and pleasantries, beneath the surface of polite discourse, lay the true essence of their meeting...what would become of the the dying empire of France clinging onto power, and the longing returns of Russia to global prominence.

For the Russians, deeply concerned about the shifting tides of influence in Europe, this meeting held the promise of opportunity and peril in equal measure. There was no one better than Meshkov, a career KGB agent prior to joining the Ministry, to understand what Russia thought and was prepared to do to secure its interests in Europe.

As he arrived outside the meeting door, and as the doors were closing behind them, this meeting while not being the last would be sure to set the tone of the future for Russo-French ties. Within the confines of diplomacy, the stage was set for a dance of shadows and whispers. The cracking winds which felt like howls came to a close. The doors were shut.

Meshkov looked at the French Foreign Minister for a moment before saying,
"Thank you Minster Du Bois. It is a pleasure to finally met you." He said sticking out his hand.

Alexander

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023
Much like the SVR had likely done to Meshkov, the DGSE had already briefed Sophie on everything she should know about her guest. There was a lot of attention within the government for this meeting. While it is unclear exactly why the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs had deduced that Russia was highly invested in France's failure in its diplomatic efforts in Europe and beyond. As such while this might not have been a high profile meeting between Ministers, Sophie considered it one of the most important meetings she'd had in her tenure as Minister. Depending on how things went and what he reported back, France and Russia could either become rivals or partners on the European and world stages. Sophie for one had no interest in making Russia an enemy of France and her discussions with Thérèse had made it clear the Empress was also highly invested in things ending well. In the meeting room Sophie had requested the presence of her Chief Secretary as well as her liaison with the Ministry of the Armed Forces, a representative from the Ministry of Trade, and her liaison from the DGSE. The last one in the list would be solely there to observe and listen. Her guest's KGB history had Sophie somewhat on edge, but on the other hand it also eased her concerns as it likely meant her guest was more likely to be a pragmatist than a zealot.

Once Sophie received the signal that the Russian delegation had arrived she'd signal her aides to open the doors. Once they were inside the doors would be closed again and Sophie would walk to the Russian and shake his outreached hand. "You are more than welcome, the pleasure is all mine. My Office should have arranged a meeting long ago. Please let me introduce the other persons as the table. My Chief Secretary Jean-Philippe Daviau, Yoann Pascal from the Ministry of the Armed Forces, Rémy Fèvre from the Ministry of Trade and Alexia Farron from the Directorate-General for External Security. Myself and my Empress are highly invested in the success of this meeting and the future of Franco-Russian relations so I am hopeful that today we can ease as many concerns as our respective governments might have about each other and hopefully set the stage for a partnership like the ones we have shared at times in our histories"

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Yes. If we dwell on the past we will lose both our eyes rather than cutting out losses at just one." He said as he took his seat after the Minister. "Please know that His Excellency President Nemtsov shares the same aspirations for the success of these talks." He said with a pause. "We do not believe that instability in Europe is to the benefit of anyone. Neither do we hope to see the violence that has become systemtic France and Italy become the norm for Europe."

"Russo-French relations have serious potential and Russia is eager to end the stonewall that Europe has arbitrarily imposed to keep it out of crucial projects including European integration. It is my hope that Western Europe has learned that it cannot be whole when it excludes Eastern Europe." Meshkov said as he waited to see what the French would have to say, guiding how this conversation would go.

Alexander

Alexander

GA Member
Oct 11, 2023
Sophie smiled "I agree fully, the mistakes of our past incarnations and the West in general under the pressure of the neo-Imperialist USA are not things we are looking to repeat. Russia has always been part of Europe, as far back as the original Kievan Rus. It is our sincere belief that Russia is just as vital a part of Europe as Germany, France and anyone else are. It is also our position that European stability is the primary objective. The United States protecting Italian territory is the ultimate failure of Europe and it has humilliated us globally. It displayed that even when one of our own faced a crisis Europe was not able to come together as one. While our militarization was triggered by the Canadian invasion of our territory, once the war is concluded we intend to use our military for the greater good of Europe. If any country needs support to maintain stability we will be there to give it. However we are not looking to dominate Europe, our goal is cooperation and that any country through their own processes decides that they want to join that effort or not. We also believe that any organization that may come out of such diplomatic efforts should be representative of the power balances in Europe. With segments of the organization at the very least present in Moscow, Warsaw, Berlin, Paris and Rome, provided all five countries are part of such an organization"

Sophie paused for a moment to drink some water. "Now, the DGSE has informed me that your government may have some concerns about our governance and specifically our military power. If we are to move forward as partners, I don't think we should let such concerns linger. If you would, would you be willing to tell me which concerns your government has so I may address them and ease everyone's minds" She concluded with a large smile on her face.

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"I am glad to hear this. I am sure my government would be receptive to the realization by France that the exclusion of Russia does not serve our mutual interests in Europe. I am sure we will see this as the basis for serious developments in Russo-French relations. Positive ones at that." He said with a pause before continuing. "I am unsure as to what concerns the DGSE would lead you to believe Minister, less to say that we have no expressed concerns about France's security situation." Or lack there of he thought to himself bemused. Noting the question to himself for later.

Alexander