STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GA] Resolution on the Ongoing Human Rights Violations in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018

THE GLOBAL ASSEMBLY
(EST 2010)

RESOLUTION PROPOSAL FORM

SECRETARY GENERAL

HEADQUARTERS

# SERIAL NUMBER

Mr. Gregory Figueroa​

London, United Kingdom​

CEL​

[ASSEMBLY MEMBER]: Ambassador Liu Jieyi​
[DATE]: 15/08/2012​
[SUBJECT]: Resolution to Investigate, Condemn and Act on the Ongoing Human Rights Violations in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey​
[DRAFT]:​

The Global Assembly​

Realising the fundamental risks of letting human rights violations go without response.​

Recognising a responsibility to protect under the Resolution for Universal Declaration of Human Rights.​

Acknowledging the states of Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey to be members of the Global Assembly and subjects to its binding resolutions.​

Instructs the International Court of Justice to investigate and prosecute human rights violations committed by both states against its and each other's populations.​

Calls for a coalition of the willing from member states of the Global Assembly to form a peacekeeping force to protect the rights of living beings in Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey.​

Condemns any violation of human rights.​

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Justice Mary Odili, of the International Court of Justice, would arrive at the meeting with a full staff, they would take the ICJ seat, Mary would quickly open her briefcase and withdraw documents. She would immediately begin reading the following document, which members of her staff would begin to distribute to all delegates as they arrived.

A WRIT OF INVESTIGATION ISSUED BY THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE

1. The International Court of Justice issues the dispatch of two investigatory teams to Bosnia to investigate the claims of intentional human rights violations in violation of GA RESOLUTION FOR UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

2. The International Court of Justice issues emergency visas for all members of the investigatory teams as well as two General Assembly Security Teams to provide basic protection to the investigators

3. The Investigators shall be allowed access to anything within Bosnia they wish

4. The Investigators shall issue a report of their findings to the International Court of Justice NO LATER than one month from dispatch

5. The Investigators shall be dispatched immediately.

THIS WRIT IS SIGNED AND AUTHORIZED BY JUSTICE MARY ODILI
fr39255.png

August 5th, 2012

Last edited:

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
An Italian Representative would show up and read through the transcript.

"For the record, Italy has declared a military exclusion zone in the Adriatic Sea. Unauthorized Military Forces will be engaged."

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
The German delegation would attend, their intentions to assist in the matter and provide forces made especially clear.
"And for the record, let it be stated that Germany will be willing to provide cooperation of its forces in a peacekeeping task-force in Turkey."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The Norwegian delegation arrived to the meeting and read over the transcript and proposal by the proposal.

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Bosnian delegation would arrive and with critical eyes examine the accusations on paper levied against their homeland.

"And for the record The Republic of Bosnia-Herzegovina shall not permit the entry of foreign personal upon its soil under any such circumstances. The actions of our government are purely retaliatory by nature. "

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
Outside the building, nervous, and wearing a suit that clearly was a size too big for him, stood a young man of clearly Middle Eastern descent, carrying a briefcase. He was no one special, in fact his occupation was that of a mini-cab driver and freelance courier for packages needing to be delivered on the behalf of giants like Amazon. He was no politician or diplomat, he wasn't even blessed with an education that exceeded GCSE's, but he had made a promise that he was eager to fulfil. With beads of sweat beginning to form on his brow, he wandered into the lobby of The General Assembly and cautiously approached the receptionist.

"H-Hello, my name's Davut Alabora," He stammered, his hand trembling as he adjusted his tie nervously. "I... I'm here on the behalf of The Ottoman Sultan, Süleyman Osmanoğlu III. He wished to come to the meeting personally, but is unable to get a flight. So... Well, I offered to bring a laptop here, so he could speak to the assembly via video link... If that's okay? If it isn't, I can go and not waste anymore of your time."

Davut%20Alabora.png

(Davut Alabora, a lower class worker with a big promise to keep)​

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

With Armed British Security Personnel retaining an active presence around the London Global Assembly Building, there were security points which ensured anyone attempting to get close to the GA; a global forum for international problems; would encounter Identification Checks. With this in mind, the Turkish man would be halted at the gates before even entering the building. Taking note of his interest. "Wait here please, Sir." spoke one of the police officers, one of the other officers entering the facility and informing the relevent representative of the mans interest to speak to the Assembly, said delegate, whom was authorised, entered the chamber and informed the Secretary General of the mans desire to speak regarding the ongoing meeting.

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
The Bosnian delegation would rise to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, there are characters before us who in their attempt to condemn our homeland have so flagrantly slandered Bosnia's good name. To claim that Bosnia is guilty of supposed human rights abuses is akin to declaring a rape victim every bit as guilty as her perverted and grossly immoral subducer. " a member of delegation pulled out a lighter and a small Turkish flag proceeding to light it on fire before throeing it in a nearby wastebasket. "This is what we think of Turkey and this Assembly. " the delegation walked out.

Last edited:

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
"Point of order, the delegation of the Celestial Empire calls for the arrest of the Bosnian delegation for endangering the health of this international body and calls for a resumption of this meeting as soon as the room has been declared safe" Liu Jieyi said in response to the act by the Bosnians.

Last edited:

Dragon

Sep 1, 2018
"We are delegates from a sovereign state! This is an outrage!" They shouted now clearly pissed off at Chinese delegation.

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
[THE SECRETARY GENERAL]: Mr. Gregory Figueroa
[DATE]: 26/09/2018

"Would the British Police arrest the Bosnian Representative for endangerment? This is not the conduct of a Diplomat and deserving no Diplomatic immunity from the Global Assembly, I will arrange his Transfer to the International Court of Justice"
Mr. Figueroa remains calm, instructing the closest Security Personnel to deal with the Small, Open Flames... "Would you mind reserving the Wastebin and the Content for Evidence. Oh, and allow Davut Alabora to the Chamber... Thank you"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Responding abruptly, the British Officers were informed of the Secretary Generals request and complied. Two Armed Officers detaining the Bosnian Delegate as he attempted to exit the chamber, any struggle would result in them essentially 'flooring' him; ensuring cuffs were restraining him at all times beyond this point. Another officer made his way to the Fire Extinguisher and to the burning bin-fire. Almost as if it was a routine workday for him, putting the fire out. His eyes turned to the Secretary General whom had requested the bin be reserved, silently nodding and complying with the request. Meanwhile, the Turkish man requesting entrance to the chamber was given the clear to pass the security check, one of the officers showing him into the chamber but only after a full body search to ensure nothing harmful could be used on site.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
The only thing in Davut's possession was the briefcase, which contained a cheap notebook laptop. Now inside the chamber, he took a seat and waited for someone to ask him to speak.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
"L-Ladies and gentlemen," Davut stuttered, his head bowing down nervously. "I'm here, because I made the silly mistake of suggesting that I could help Süleyman Osmanoğlu, The Sultan of The Ottomans, by getting into the chamber and using a laptop, so he could speak via video link. I have brought my own notebook for that purpose. I'm not here for a speech or anything."

Sweating and frightened, he retrieved his laptop from his briefcase and switched it on. Within minutes, he was logged on and setting up a video link to The Sultan, currently in Portugal.

"We should be getting him any second now," Davut muttered. "Ah, here we go!"

The Turk turned the laptop round. Displayed on the screen was the elderly Ottoman, sat down in a chair.

"Hello?" The Sultan began warily. "Is this video working?"

"It's working!" Davut reassured him. "They're listening."

"Ah, thank you, sir. You're in my debt and I won't forget it," Süleyman replied, before clearing his throat and addressing the chamber's occupants. "Your Excellencies, I stand before you as a frail old man who, by accident of birth, apparently has some form of influence. If I can use that power for good, then I will not hesitate to do so. I enlisted the help of this young boy, because I am, sadly, unable to afford the plane tickets and assorted other documentation necessary to travel. In fact, I am without a passport, since I never intended to leave Turkey, but the siege at The Bosnian Embassy forced my hand. Regardless, I am here to not only state that the actions of Turkey, as instigated by President Erdogan, demand immediate action, I also wish to declare that I am one hundred percent certain that the recent claims made by Bosnian media outlets regarding the sterilisation and castration of innocent Turks is a complete fabrication.

I have no doubt in my mind that the people who gave their lives selflessly to protect me, a wretched old man, who can barely walk, have not begun plans for such widespread oppression of my people. While it pained me to learn that they saw fit to register every Turk in the country, I understand that it is a precaution, since it is hard to tell, at a glance, where a person's loyalties lie. So, in that regard, it is a minor infringement on their rights, since it specifically targets Turks, both via ethnic and nationalist lines, but it is, I fear, a reasonable one. We do not know whether one of those Turks is a die-hard supporter of President Erdogan's regime. If such an individual was to be allowed to move around unmolested, it would not be a surprise to anyone if there was a suicide bombing against Bosnian civilians. It is a sad fact of reality, but one that would never have occurred if President Erdogan had not committed his own horrible acts.

Even now, he has declared the expulsion of every Bosniak in Turkey. He is, in effect, repeating what happened to The Jews, before it became apparent that moving them around was too much hassle for The Nazis. I grew up during that war, I see Hitler in Erdogan. He, clearly, will not be happy until Turkey is cleaned of foreign invaders, real or imagined. The fact that he so happily assists your diplomatic staff in vacating is proof of that, the recent declaration of deportations is merely the metaphorical 'cherry on top'. As such, I beseech you all to liberate Turkey from this man. You wonder whether Bosnia is guilty, when you have Turkey outright broadcasting what it is doing. Erdogan and his followers do not care about what is right, merely what they wish to do. When that happens, lives are harmed, sometimes irrevocably. That's why I am begging you to stand up to Erdogan, release Turkey from the shackles that are being crafted by him and his ilk! Stop him now, otherwise you will need to stop him later, only, I fear, much blood will be shed on all sides."

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
The German delegation took to whispering to itself on the matter, and the permanent representative took a stand after about a minute or so. Mr. Peter Wittig, the actual permanent representative of the group, wiped a bead of sweat from his brow and cleared his throat to take the floor.

"Mister Sülleyman, I believe that your claims on the matter should not be ignored. President Erdogan is the living embodiment of a 21st Century Stalin or Hitler, but much like other dictators through history, releasing Turkey of its dictator will likely require a full intervention or war. I was recently informed that Germany would be willing to provide a peacekeeping force if the GA would accept it, but I personally disagree with the idea of German intervention, let alone intervention at all. Turkey has a madman commanding its army, and if we make the wrong move, we could be centered around another World War, and God knows we don't need that again."

Centurius

Apprentice
Aug 15, 2018
As soon as the German representative had concluded, Ambassador Liu would rise with a paper in hand.

"The international community, through the United Nations, also has the responsibility to use appropriate diplomatic, humanitarian and other peaceful means, in accordance with Chapters VI and VIII of the Charter, to help protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. In this context, we are prepared to take collective action, in a timely and decisive manner, through the Security Council, in accordance with the Charter, including Chapter VII, on a case-by-case basis and in cooperation with relevant regional organizations as appropriate, should peaceful means be inadequate and national authorities manifestly fail to protect their populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity. We stress the need for the General Assembly to continue consideration of the responsibility to protect populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity and its implications, bearing in mind the principles of the Charter and international law. These words were accepted by the world only a decade ago. The Global Assembly stands before a question the United Nations before it and the world before that have often stood for. To act in the face of tyranny and genocide to protect the interests of living beings. As far as the reports show we are not too late yet. We are in the unique position of having both the military power and international institutions to bring about an intervention that may very well protect millions. We have all heard the rumours from Turkey, we have all read the article from the Sarajevo Times. It is good that the International Court of Justice is investigating Bosnia-Herzegovina. It also needs to investigate Turkey and while due process takes its course, it is our responsibility to make sure no further crimes can happen. It is because of this that I beseech this noble organization to grant the willing powers of the world a mandate to guarantee the safety of the weak in Turkey and Bosnia-Herzegovina. Not to bring about regime change but to make sure the Global Assembly does not prove as weak as what came before it. If the Global Assembly does not act, it is the Global Assembly that is responsible for the blood of innocents."

JJSmithJr

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
Justice Mary Odili would quickly take note of the incoming information and in moments she would be speaking with her staff, there would be a fairly loud bustle as laptops and tablets went into action. The Justice herself typing something out. A staffer would quickly disappear from the assembly hall and reappear handing out a new document to all those in attendance as well as Justice Mary Odili. The Justice would then read the document to those gathered.

A WRIT OF INVESTIGATION ISSUED BY THE INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE

1. The International Court of Justice issues the dispatch of two investigatory teams to Turkey to investigate the claims of intentional human rights violations in violation of GA RESOLUTION FOR UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS

2. The International Court of Justice issues emergency visas for all members of the investigatory teams as well as two General Assembly Security Teams to provide basic protection to the investigators

3. The Investigators shall be allowed access to anything within Turkey they wish

4. The Investigators shall issue a report of their findings to the International Court of Justice NO LATER than one month from dispatch

5. The Investigators shall be dispatched immediately.

THIS WRIT IS SIGNED AND AUTHORIZED BY JUSTICE MARY ODILI
View attachment 238
August 5th, 2012

"With this we authorize an investigation into the events in Anatolia as well. We will get to the bottom of all of these rumors and sort out the facts. The International Court remains committed to the truth and ruling on international laws. Thank you."

With that the Justice as well as her entire staff would empty from the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89