STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Germany] Announcement of Withdrawal from the Global Assembly

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
After months of debate between the Federal Government, an emergency plenary meeting of the Reichstag was convened by the Reich Chancellor to discuss on the Global Assembly. It was here that it was decided that the German Reich, with a 2/3 majority vote, had decided to leave the Global Assembly; while the Kaiser was conflicted, the Volksrat was not convened for advise, and His Majesty signed off on the Act as a means of furthering German independence. In the waning hours of the evening, a press conference was held by the Reich Chancellor in front of the Reichstag Building, where both national and international press groups and governments were allowed to voice their opinions as clearly as the day.
"Ladies and gentlemen, my fellow colleagues...in the past few months, the German Reich has been wrought with issues from the international community: from South American belligerence, to violent revolution in France, to the court cases that we, as a nation, feel have only lightly slapped the wrists of nations whose own crimes far outweigh those of nations who have done much wrong in the past, and have been pushing to make amends. I cannot say that this came as a surprise, after my last summit with the Federal Cabinet, nor can I say that I am shocked at the seeming lack of interest the members of the International Community, in particular the International Court of Justice, have seemingly put forwards in regards to aggressive, impudent, uncouth nations who shame not only their government, but their people with their actions.

It is why, on this 20th of July, that I had called for an emergency sitting of the Reichstag to make a singular vote on this action for this week alone. After being assigned to committee, and being subject to the scrupulous processes of amendment and bureaucracy that German parliament should be known for, it is with great relief that I and His Majesty have put into force a Bill that will decide the fate of Germany. It is clear that we will always stand alone, with no support from the International Community at large, and it is clear that we will always be unscrupulously singled out for the actions of dictators and madmen. The German Reich, with all that it implies, is choosing to leave the Global Assembly for reasons that, while perhaps rather selfish to the international community, should not be seen as an act of allowing us to do whatever it is that we want. It should be seen as an act to show how upset we are at the current state of affairs, and what our government has planned to do to fix them.

The Global Assembly has made a variety of mistakes on the part of German, let alone international involvement, in securing the interests of nations. In particular, I would like to call to attention the incidents regarding the Minority Languages Bill, which died on the Plenary Floor; however, while both our ambassador and the ambassador for Ottoman Turkey had brought up valid concerns, the Nigerian ambassador seemed to be looking to start a conflict on the Plenary Floor, singling us nations as "Those who have a history of human rights violations" and as "Imperialists" & "Warmongers". These were being said, despite no efforts being made to show that the Nigerian State had done anything to fix its own errors in the form of making laws that coincide with the Global Assembly's, to my knowledge; however, when this was brought up to the General Secretariat for the Global Assembly, they had chosen not to act on, to ignore a blatant problem rather than attempt to fix anything.

Next was the issues regarding Brazil and South American Aggression. I will admit that we may have fanned the flames of conflict through our attempted arrest of embassy staff, but I can assure you that we were well within the confines of the Law to arrest them, and to show our disapproval of their foreign policy via our closure of diplomatic missions. However, when the issue was brought to the International Court of Justice, alongside other cases levied against Brazil...nothing was done to punish them, and they have since cone out of their way to start forcibly annexing other countries, with a surprising lack of resistance from the International Community. This, compounded with the International Community's seeming lack of any real support to Germany for following the Law, is another reason we have chosen to leave.

Then there is the French Revolution...a second one, if you will. While I personally support what the French People are trying to accomplish, I cannot, in good conscience, say that it was something that the International Community could not investigate further, to determine what was going on. It was a violent revolution, and nothing was done in support of the legitimate, elected government of France! In short, defamation, lack of responsibility, lack of communication, the failings of opening dialogue, and the seeming superiority complexes have led to an increase in world tensions that has scared not only the German Government, but the German People themselves. Posthaste, the German Reich will withdraw its ambassadors, and its offices, from the Global Assembly, and proceed to seek out an alternative. That being said, we will seek to continue to follow the laws set in place by the Global Assembly, and respect that which other nations' decisions regarding it. However, while I cannot say for the rest of the German Government, I feel that it should be in the interests of nations who feel shamed, who feel ridiculed, who feel ignored, and who otherwise feel like their opinions do not matter, to do the same. We are much the same as you: on our own, and afraid.

This is not a decision we take lightly, and we will take whatever criticism is flung our way...but, the way our government and people see it...the International Community is not interested in speaking; not to us, not to aggressors, and certainly not in a way that encourages peace and prosperity between nations, and by extension, the Global Assembly and its lack of communication or seeming care has expounded upon this flaw of our world. We will continue to follow closely to the laws set in place by the Global Assembly, but seeing as how nations have simply stood around and let others do what they wish simply "because they can", as the Brazilian government so kindly put it, we will not seek to reestablish a connection with the Assembly, or follow any of its new laws in place of the old."

After the announcement, questions were allowed by asked by national and international press, either with questions directly from their governments or simply from the interested newscasters themselves. Only a few days later, the bill was put into effect, and the Ambassador to the Global Assembly, along with her entourage, left the Global Assembly without a word and returned to Berlin. Any documentation that they may have had was destroyed or made irretrievable, and German citizens began to boycott certain goods, from the United Kingdom and other countries who would stick by the Global Assembly. It seemed that the failure of the Global Assembly was put on full display, but in case the General Secretariat of the Global Assembly wished to negotiate terms with the German Government, the Reich Chancellor already handed them her personal phone number in a private, encrypted email so that they could call her.

RedHood02

Workers' Federation Of Chile
Feb 24, 2019
From his dark office in the Congress building, Chairman Gonzales was sitting silently on his couch while looking the repetition of the Reich Chancellor speech. Occasionally, his eyes would leave the screen of his television and towards a sheet of paper in his hand, said paper being the reports of Selesnyov of his conversation with the germans. After re-reading the short report again, his eyes drifted to the screen again as the speech, which was on a loop, repeated itself again. Standing up from his couch, Gonzales turned off the TV as a small smirk graced his face.
"This may be the push we needed for it." He commented before crushing the paper on his hand. Piece by piece, things were improving.

@NagandEmerald

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien