STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Germany] Besieging Brazilian Diplomatic Missions

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
@Moe

48 hours had passed, with no word from the Brazilian government regarding the warning from His Majesty. The State Security Commission of the German Reich, on the night before the 48 hour period was up, convened in private on what to do on the matter, with the majority of attendees calling for the immediate removal of Brazilian diplomats from German soil by force or, alternatively, call for their arrest for their travel ban, as was warned by His Imperial & Royal Majesty 2 days prior. Several members, including military advisory and Federal Intelligence advisory, warned that such a course of action would likely start a war; however, it was eventually decided that any and all diplomatic missions held by Brazilian people were to be taken forcibly, their personnel arrested, and — eventually — sent back to Brazil after any information they had was confiscated.

At the crack of dawn, Federal police — armed with armored cars and police vans — besieged the Brazilian Embassy in Berlin and the Consulate-Generals in Frankfurt and Munich; they also had the cooperation of stateside police as well, with patrol cars around the clock patrolling the areas around the embassies to ensure civilians did not end up in the crossfire, or for any of the diplomats to escape. Upon besieging the Embassy, no warning was given as Federal police took a battering ram and attempted to break open the doors to any of the buildings. Police were ordered to storm the building as soon as it was opened, clear out rooms one by one, and get the diplomats to surrender without having to resort to their firearms. Furthermore, an order was also given by both Federal Ministers of Foreign Affairs and the Interior to collect any sensitive documentation that they could, either paper or electronic, and turn them into the federal government.

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Irish Government would condemn the aggressive and downright hasty actions of the German Reich towards Brazil's embassy personnel in Berlin.

Patrick Duffy, Èire's Foreign Minister would make the following remark -

"is this the conduct of a civilised nation which embodies the values of liberal democracy and international law or is this the conduct of a nation on the slippery slope of malice and headstrong barbarism? We who are apart of the Foreign Office, must consider this to be a open provocation on the part of Germany in an attempt to start a military confrontation where no such one is either desirable or necessary. We therefore, send our deepest sympathies to those in Brazil impacted by German aggression.

Thank You."

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade would make a public statement:

"The Republic of Argentina witnesses with great concern how certain nations do not contribute to the resolution of a conflict which has no real reason to exist in the first place and that are consequence of miss-communication.

Not enough, they even act in a very irresponsible way throwing more "fuel into the fire" and seriously jeoperdizing any diplomatic effort to de-escalate the situation.

We call for Germany to immediatly halt any action that could lead to a open conflict and to remain in the realm of words and proposals to find a peaceful solution, something multiple nations are pursuing as we speak.
"

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Dragon
@Naio90

A response from the Royal Household itself on the matter was released as soon as both the Argentinian and Irish governments commented on the matter.

"It is in the interests of the Federal Government to preserve an open dialogue with Brazil, but given their vehement, racist, and xenophobic disposition towards the Taiwanese and the Swedish, as well as their unprofessional and crude behavior towards diplomacy, both in social media and in public, I cannot in good conscience allow the Brazilian government to continue with this kind of crudeness and unprofessionalism, just as we could not allow our ambassador to the Global Assembly to continue in his manner. That being said, we gave the Brazilian government a 48 hour grace period to pack up and leave, to which they ignored without so much as a thought; the Brazilian diplomats, upon that grace period being up, are technically trespassing on private government property, and will therefore be liable to the law as codified by our Federal Ministry of Justice. They will be returned to Brazil, but they will not be allowed to go unpunished for their lack of response to an official demand to leave my country by my government. I cannot, and will not concede to allowing Brazil to continue this depraved sense of grandiose they have cultivated for themselves that gives them the 'right' to be rude, unprofessional, and crude in their dealing with other nations, who deserve as much respect and humanity as we have given to them. In short, no. I will not be lifting this siege, and no, I will not be dropping any charges that my government has put forward against the Brazilian government for their lack of compliance, after my diplomats have already left and returned home."

Bruno

GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
While China does not in anyway support the current actions and declarations taken by Brazil, it does condemn vehemently the actions of Germany which only serves to raise the already fragile tensions with Brazil. Such act shows how Germany also disrespects international norms regarding diplomatic missions. Sure it as given the time period needed for the Brazilians to vacate their premisses, however acting with such crude violence instead of easing the tensions and giving a final warning to the Embassy to vacate.

It shows how some nations will do anything to disrupt peace, and/or do worse to worsen and raise tensions for some nationalistic goal they have.

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
"Mr. Bilgelik!" Journalists clamoured, as they ambushed The Grand Vizier while he was exiting his car to head to work. "What do you have to say regarding the German authority's decision to besiege a diplomatic mission?"

"As far as I'm aware," Olağan Bilgelik replied. "Germany has acted well within the letter of The Global Assembly's resolution on International Relations. The German Realm, as is their right under Article 5, made it abundantly clear to Brazil that their entire diplomatic mission was being declared persona non grata, and allowed them ample time to withdraw. Due to the Brazilian government refusing to abide by the obligations of a sending state, specifically the section of Article 5 that says 'The Sending State has 48 Hours to recall the Member of the Mission or his immunity is annulled', they are, in effect, squatters. Their position, rights, and privileges, as a diplomatic mission ceased to exist when The Germans asked them to leave, and the grace period afforded to them, which allows them to withdraw, has been squandered.

While I do believe that laying siege to an embassy, and its sub-missions, is a bit heavy handed of The Germans, I am satisfied that it is perfectly legal under international law for them to evict them, and arrest the occupants, since they are no longer protected as diplomatic personnel. That is all I have to say, thank you for your time."

The Grand Vizier then swiftly disappeared to focus on the domestic matters of Turkey.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Inside the embassy, upon hearing the noise and commotion outside, the essential embassy staff hvae begun smashing hard drives and computers, they will not shred any documents as they figure most will be set on by The Fire.

The non=essential, and the 6 German workers at the staff have been locked in a safe room. One of the Brazilian workers is carrying an UZI semi automatic pistol, with a fully loaded 30 round clip. If the safe room is about to be breached, the German workers will be shot worse.

Inside the Embassy, 8 Brazilian Marines armed with IWi Tavors, wearing gas masks and body armor and several clips 30 round clips and a few flash and tear canister grenades have barricaded the hallways in the with office furniture, so as to slow down an german advance and also give them a better chance at taking out Germans as they were making their way clearing through the debris. Two teams of two Alpha and Bravo, will be on the second floor and 2 reams of two will be on the 3rd floor where the safe room is. One of the soldiers tosses form Alpha, not one but two cs tear gas canisters and two more smoke canisters in the downstairs entrance, the smoke of both begins to permeate throughout the first floor. The Alpha team cover behind adjacent walls has a clear view of the front door and staircase leading up tp the second floor. Bravo the 3rd, and can be called quickly if needed to reinforce the second floor.

On the roof of the 3rd floor, next to an exit hatch that can drop them down to the third floor quickly, is the Embassy Security Leader, a Sgt. Lopez. He is armed with a 6 shot Milkor MGL Y2 armed with 2 CS Grendes, 2 Smoke Grenades, and Two Fragment Grenades. He also has a fully loaded second canister. And his side arm is a Baretta 92. It is fully loaded and he has a second clip for that as well. His partner and spotter is armed Barrett M82 sniper rifle, and 12 bullets. He also is the company communications officer and has patched Sgt. Lopez through to the German Police.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," he would say in a somewhat thick but completely understandable English. "May I speak to the person in charge of the operation outside the embassy I have been charged to protect. Thank you."

He then puts the gun down and places it against his chest and looks to his quad mate.

"What do you see Rameriez?"

Lopez peers through his sniper scope and scans the scene.

"Several dozen police to both sides of the gate with a battering ram right in front of the fate.

They will definitely get through doors, but they will also have to definitely pull it out if they want any soldiers coming in. It is not like can't get to the front door, but I would conjecture it would be pretty difficult for anyone else to get it as well."

"Conjecture?"

"Learn a new word every day , sir. I am sure the battering ram is armoured. But this '82 can go through tanks. Why don't I take out the engine block and anyone in the car and then end this thing now until they bring another. Another thing sir, police do not look heavily armed, either bullet proof jackets and handguns hidden under German Polzei Jackets.

Crowds to the east west at about 200 meters. Not sure if they friendly or not or just want to watch a show.

"Can you hit the engine block from this angle, Rameriez?"

"Drunk, stoned, getting blown and blind-folded at the sane time."

"Well, let's hope but does not get to that, says Lopez"

"But if we get out of hear, I'll make sure I get someone to take care of the first three for ya,"

They pass back and forth a Cuban cigar and wait for the German Police call.
@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Moe

As the rams were readied in front of the gates, the order went out to hold as the commanding officer in front of the Berlin Embassy would take the call from the Brazilians. Finally, there was an response.

"Good morning," he greeted with a heavy accent, "My name is Hauptkommissar Eugen Albrecht, and I am the man leading this operation. If you want to talk, you have picked a poor time. Here are my demands: You will surrender yourselves willingly to police custody, surrender any files or documentation you have on you and within the embassy to the Federal Government, and release any non-essential personnel in the building. If you refuse, force will have to be used. I have over 200 officers of the Bundespolizei ready to break in if need be. We have a warrant not only for the securing of this building in the name of the German Reich, but for the arrests of all current workers inside. Do you agree to our terms?"

Further observation of the police in Berlin would reveal pieces of the armaments of the 200-300 or so Federal Police officers: G36K assault rifles, equipped with grenade launchers for tear-gas cannisters, P30 sidearms, UMP 45 sub-machine guns, and, hidden away on at least 5 different building rooftops and in windows, 12 police snipers equipped with the Blaser R93 Tactical were unseen, waiting for any shots to fire before firing back. Vehicles that were used were 5 police vans, 2 of which were armored, at least two Dingo 2 Polizei variants, one of which was equipped with a battering ram to break into the garage, 20 armored cars, and around 10 patrol vehicles.

In Frankfurt and Munich, Federal Police had already done their duty and came out of their consulates with Brazilian diplomats in handcuffs to be questioned. Anything inside the consulates of value, including electronic/physical documents, correspondences from the Embassy, etc. were already confiscated and to be used as evidence in any trials to take place against them. It was only the Embassy now, and considering that it was surrounded, they were all on their own.

"I ask again. Do you agree with my terms?"

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"As far as the documents, I cannot help you here. There are being shreaded as we speak and USB's and computer hard-drives are being smashed and destroyed as we speak.

And how is this a bad time? We were never given notice that we needed to evacuate the embassy, we only woke up to this commotion and merely responded to it.

You say you gave us 48 hours but no message was received. It is with my utmost respect for you as an officer of the law to back down from this operation and give us 24 hours with which to leave.

Had the communication been clearer, like in Italy, France and Sweden, this could have been avoided.
I sincerely ask you to back down from this operation, as it is now clear we did not have time to evacuate as we never received any orders to do so."

@NagandEmerald

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Moe

"I apologize for the inconvenience, but I am only doing my job as was ordered by the warrant. This is your last chance; send out any non-essential personnel now, and come out of the building now with your arms discarded and your hands in the air, or we will be coming in!" the officer ordered, hand already in a ready position for giving out the command to bust through wordlessly.

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"But you do understand the warrant is pointless, correct. We never received so there ore could have never complied with it.

You are in perfect condition to stand down, as we have already agreed to leave in 24 hours, hell it can 12 if you like. I ma looking though my binocualrs at the driver of the battering ram. On my orders he will be dead in less than a second. I do no think you will find many volunteers to jump in, and besides the second shot will go into the engine block rendering your battering ram useless.

Then the bloodbath will start.

Call a superior, have them rescind the warrant for 24 hours so I can get my people out of here with out a lot of dead German and Brazilians whom will pay for this power trip."
@NagandEmerald

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Following everything through live TV, an emergency statement would be released by the argentine MoFA calling for Germany to enter into reason and stand down, considering the brazilians have already agreed to leave in 12 ours.

@NagandEmerald

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
Having heard about the siege on the news, Doctor Mason, the Turkish ambassador to Germany, swiftly put his cloak on and had one of the few security staff accompany him to his car. The guard, an Inspector of The Ottoman Constabulary, drove the diplomat to the scene, while Mason called Karsten Jürke, The Federal Minister For Foreign Affairs.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The Inspector asked, a rostbratwurst, the German equivalent of a hot dog, in one hand, while he steered with the other. "If you end up getting blown away, I'll get shit for letting you die, and you'll be sent back to Turkey in a box."

"Of course I'm sure," The doctor insisted. "If there's one thing that is needed most here, it's a diplomatic angle, one which you and I know is necessary."

Giving up, the inspector grumbled, and took a bite out of his wurst, which he chewed grumpily as the pair disembarked and approached the police cordon. If all went to plan, Mason's call to the Foreign Minister would allow them to pass the cordon.

Doctor%20Noble%20%28Germany%29.png
Yuksel%20Karaca.png

(Doctor Mason and Inspector Yuksel Karaca)​

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Naio90 @Retroliser @Moe

With tensions heating up, and with live news coverage on the siege in Berlin, it was beginning to look less favorable for the German government's decision to arrest the diplomats. However, 48 hours had been given. Federal Royal Household Minister Celina Kästner took it upon herself to state publicly, "If negotiations want to be held between Brazil and the German Reich, I implore President Romero to stop his asinine idea of diplomacy and start anew, but that being said, we will not stop our own actions; we are well within our right, and we do not negotiate with men who play with themselves in public, or diplomats who see more fit to insult other nations than to actually create constructive dialogue and understand a country's own preferences on international visitation. We can provide the records for the notice of Persona no Grata for Brazil, but we will not cease our actions against the Embassy here in Berlin."

Furthermore, Doctor Mason's request was granted by Federal Foreign Affairs Minister Karsten Jürke, who was beginning to get cold feet and was prepared to defy even the will of His Imperial & Royal Majesty to stop this madness before it led to war. He hoped that an independent mediator might be able to set up a deal before things truly got out of hand.
"Bestätigter Scharfschütze auf dem Dach," a voice from one of the hidden snipers crackled from Hauptkommissar's handheld radio. Now he knew the seriousness of the threat at hand, and had to play his cards carefully; not only was there the distinct possibility of innocents caught up in this being killed, but he had to contend with the fact that there was a potential threat with a sniper on the rooftop. Sure, he could give the order to move in, but the human cost would be great, and may drive Germany to start a war. Sweat beaded on the man's brow as he heard yelling from the police cordon, and in a moment, the officer put his hand on his sidearm and began walking over.

"If you will give me a moment, I will consider my options. I am only doing this as a courtesy, but you have only 20 minutes to pack up your affairs and step outside now. If, by that point, you are unwilling to cooperate, I will not hesitate." As soon as he ended the call, he picked up his handheld radio and gave a whispered order to the sniper that spotted the rooftop sniper on the Embassy to fire as soon as the order was given. The sniper in question already had the man in his sights, ready to fire as soon as the order to go was given. As the Hauptkommissar walked over to the cordon, he saw two officers struggling with two men who he did not recognize.

"Alright, enough! All of you! Gentlemen, you are not allowed beyond this cordon; it is not safe, and I cannot allow you through!"

"Sir, they're saying that they were given permission by Minister Jürke."

"Minister Jürke has no jurisdiction over this. This is an Interior Ministry affair at this juncture...but, I will hear you out. Why are you here?"

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
"We're here to prevent this from becoming a shootout, officer," Doctor Mason explained, while his companion continued to chew his substantial mouthful of bratwurst. "This is Detective-Inspector Karaca, an officer of The Ottoman Constabulary. We would like to negotiate on your behalf, and try to ensure no one gets killed today, if you'll let us."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Retroliser
"Good luck, gentlemen. As much as I would like for someone else to negotiate this matter, I do not think that the Brazilians are in a negotiating mood. That being said, even if Minister Jürke accepted you to come through, I have orders from the very top to not allow for anyone beyond this point excluding other officers of the German law enforcement. If you got acceptance from the Interior Minister, I think that it would be less of a problem."

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
"Call him up then," Doctor Mason said. "The situation's changed. It would be prudent for you to check with The Interior Minister, now that you have the media and public watching. If this were to turn violent, while no one was around, fine, but the last thing they would appreciate is some 'hot-head' causing the blood of Germans to be spilt, which would undoubtedly lead to said individual finding themselves out of a job, wouldn't they? Let the inspector talk to them, while you and I speak to The Minister."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Retroliser @Moe

Now getting rather impatient, the officer started pacing, considering his options. A call to the Federal Ministry of the Interior might take too long, but at the same time, avoiding as much bloodshed as possible was rather promising...but he could lose his job if he allowed anyone that wasn't authorized beyond the perimeter either way.

"Fine...fine, whatever. If your Inspector can change their minds, that's even better. You have 25 minutes at this point; as soon as I am done talking with the Foreign Minister, I am giving the order either way." With that stern warning in mind, he allowed Inspector Karaca through the cordon, but stayed with Doctor Mason as he began to call the Federal Ministry of the Interior.

Retroliser

Sep 6, 2018
@NagandEmerald
With a groan, The Inspector swallowed his mouthful of bratwurst and wandered past the cordon. After approaching the battering ram, he knocked on the door.

Once the officer driving opened it, he reached in and took the ignition keys and his radio. With the battering ram now out of operation, he transmitted a message to all of the officers standing by.

"Okay, fellas, my name's Inspector Karaca, spelled B-A-S-T-A-R-D. I've been given 25 minutes to talk to these guys, so none of you end up going home in a body bag. So, keep your fingers off those triggers. Last thing I need is for me to get my ass blown away by the guys on my side."

With his opening statement to the first side in the conflict complete, he then switched over to the channel being used to communicate with the Brazilians.

@Moe
"Hola," He greeted, bratwurst still in his hand. "My name's Yuksel Karaca, a police officer. I've been tasked with negotiating a peaceful end to this hairy little standoff. As you no doubt saw, this here battering ram ain't moving without its keys, and as another little show of good faith."

The inspector reached into his jacket and pulled out a 10mm revolver, a design recently made in Turkey to arm its military officers and constables. However, his had a barrel that was longer than the standard. Allowing those observing from inside the embassy to see it, he handed it to the driver of the battering ram for safe keeping.

"You keep that safe," he ordered. "I really like that gun."

His attention returned to the transmission he was making to the Brazilians.

"As you can see gentlemen, I am unarmed, unless you count my German hot dog as a lethal weapon. I'd be much obliged if I could come in alone to speak to you face to face."

NagandEmerald

Aug 18, 2018
@Retroliser

Before Karaca could go inside, the officer in charge of the ram walked over and took his keys back from the inspector before him, his expression one of annoyance.

"I apologize Inspector, but I will be keeping these keys on my person. However, you have my word that I'm not turning on that ram until 5 minutes before time is up. Do you understand?"

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalite