STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Germany | Message to Britian

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
Foreign Office.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To: Lawrence Adams MP Jamie
Cc: Helmut Kohl
Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations
Security Level: Private and Encrypted

Greetings to Mr. Lawrence Adams MP,

My name is Klaus Kinkel. I am the Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs to the Federal Republic of Germany. I am currently contacting you today in an effort to establish formal contact and to discuss the availability of trade opportunities. We would like closer ties to all of our European neighbors to insure peace and stability as we move closer to the new millennium. We believe that open dialog is critical first step in that process.

I look forward to working with you in the future.

Regards,
Klaus Kinkel
Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs
Federal Republic of Germany

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Lawrence Adams, upon receiving the email from his German Counterpart would invite Klaus Kinkel to a phone call, ensuring his line was private. A memo was sent ahead to request the call to discuss his email and relations between the UK and Germany. He sat, patiently waiting, hoping he would pick up.
Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
The phone call is received by the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Klaus Kinkel, Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs would double check to make sure the line was private and encrypted. Once the light was green he quickly pick up the receiver.

"Hello! Vice Chancellor Kinkel speaking. How may I help you this fine afternoon?"
Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Good Afternoon, Vice Chancellor" responded the British Secretary of Foreign Affairs. "I am contacting you in relation to an email we received from your offic-- yourself, actually. This is in relations to the interest in establishing dialogue with the United Kingdom. I thought it ought to be more beneficial for a straight up call, as opposed to sending emails between ourselves. If you're happy too, I'm happy to discuss trade opportunities on this call and perhaps discuss other ways for our governments to cooperate going forward if this is suitable for yourselves?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Absolutely Mr. Adams." said Chancellor Kinkel feeling a slight twinge of embarrassment. He had sent so many emails and made so many phone calls that day, he was at least glad he got the man's name right.

"Since we have a lot to address today let us start with the matter of embassies. We have a location here ready to accept your ambassador if you would like to send one. The address is Wilhelmstraße 70/71, 10117 Berlin, Germany. We would like to send Gebhardt von Moltke to be our ambassador in London if that is acceptable. We also allow 20 Diplomatic Staff, 30 Mission Staff and 25 Security Personnel. The Security Personnel at embassies may be equipped with firearms (including Full-auto) as you see fit as long as every weapon is fully registered with our customs agents."

The Vice Chancellor would shuffle through his notes until he found the document that the trade office had sent over to his desk earlier in the day.

"Let's move on to trade shall we?", the Vice chancellor said with great enthusiasm. "Our Merchant fleet moves closer and closer to completion with each passing day. We would love to create some new trade routes with Great Brittan. I would love to hear your thoughts on the subject and we are open to any advice you might have to offer seeing as Great Brittan is one of the biggest economies in Europe."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Lawrence leaned back on his chair, getting himself comfortable as he listened to the opening points from his German counterpart, allowing the Chancellor to speak and raise all their points before he'd respond to each one. Clearing his throat, he begun to speak and address an issue with the proposed embassy staff. "I can confirm that we have the embassy ready for your Ambassador and of course, are happy to let them settle in as soon as convenience allows. We are currently in a state of review regarding the acceptable amount of embassy staff which means, until reviewed, we will be allowing the minimum as set out by the Global Assembly. To summarize, you are able to host 20 Diplomatic Personnel, 30 Mission Staff and 22 Security Personnel in London for your Embassy. This is subject to change as we review this within our government but that is the current pretense set out until we work through the paperwork if this is suitable for yourself?"

There was a short pause before Lawrence spoke. "Trade is becoming more.. mainstream. The United Kingdom has joined the World Trade Forum which I believe, and I may have to clarify on this, will be becoming the main point for setting up trade routes between countries. To save both our times, I'd like to suggest holding off for now but I will send the information to the British Cabinet to confirm. If it is confirmed that we can still set up trade routes ourselves, I will happily get back in touch with you to discuss this further. Has Germany considered joining the forum at all? If you haven't already that is."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"I would love to hear more about this World Trade Forum." The Vice Chancellor said inquisitively. "Do you have a point of contact within the Organization? I have so many questions and it would be impolite to burden them all on you."

While talking The Vice Chancellor notices he email inbox light up with a new message. Its was the information on the new ambassadors staff. Ambassador Gebhardt von Moltke would adhere to Global Assembly standard. "Looks like all of the paper work has come back fine regarding the embassy in London. We will have Ambassador Gebhardt von Moltke and his staff on a plane next Monday morning."

With most of his business wrapped up, The Vice Chancellor finished off his last dredges of coffee and lit up a cigarette. He sat back in chair and asked, "So Mr. Adams what do you make of this whole situation in Antarctica?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I shall be honest, the World Trade Forum is the child of the United States. There is no direct contact that we have to share, however, most the information is hoisted on their website --" there was a gentle pause, "It is WorldTradeForum.com which will contain all the information, it also had the application the last time we had checked. The idea is that the W-T-F will manage the imports and exports which makes it less of a headache on a government level." smiled Lawrence, "That's perfect." he added in relation to the embassy staff before focusing on Antarctica. "It's a... difficult situation. We, of course, promote the barring of military assets in the region and we do have to recognize that Sweden went uncontested in the region for months before Australia and Argentina started challenging it. However, our government doesn't believe that fighting over the territory as to who owns what is relevant. Whether its under Swedish Control, or whether every country gets a... piece of the pie, as it where. I don't think it is necessary as long as there is an understanding that all countries have the right to have research bases and involvement in the area. Providing that it does not compromise the environment. Perhaps I am a bit simplistic and under valuing the situation though.

Might I inquire as to your governments stance on the whole issue?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"I will contact the Americans regarding the World Trade Forum. The idea of getting rid of the mess that is managing multiple trade by it all being handled by a central organization is very appealing." He said before switching back to the Antarctica issue.

"We feel the Sweden has taken the high ground in offering to return historical claims and relinquish their power over Antarctic territory in the interests of global peace. This even after the incident with the HSwMS Snö. I feel that this could have easily escalated into a war with Argentina. But through diplomacy in the GA, it seems that has been averted. We feel that the proposal put forward by Ambassador Ostap Antonovych Ilchuk of Sweden and Ambassador Adams of the United States is perfectly acceptable. This has greatly increased our opinion of the Swedish Government and gives me hope for a more close nit Europe."

"We seem to be on the same page in Northern Europe. What are your opinions on Eastern Europe and Russia? Have you had good dealings with them recently?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Oh most certainly.. we are hoping the costs for becoming a full member in the World Trade Forum will be paid for in extra time in our government to be spent on more pressing matters. A somewhat delegation to more vital duties." smiled Lawrence. "The United Kingdoms involvement in search and rescue for the HSwMS Sno led to some interesting revelations that actually highlighted the Argentine Vessel was also the one at fault, having neglected the rules of the road at sea act. This, on top of the current resolution in the Global Assembly has made me personally wary about what steps Argentina has been taken given some footage they released of the incident did not correlate with our own findings. It seems that, despite all the back and forth arguing, Sweden certainly seems to be the honest one of the two. However, that is purely based on our findings when our dive teams went to recover bodies. Naturally, Sweden been in Europe has meant the UK has a growing relationship with them. For Russia and other Eastern Europe countries, it's a bit of hit and miss. Russia, we have great brewing relations and are currently planning a joint military exercise with them. Other countries like Ukraine and even Poland, we've not had much contact with but we are hoping to really begin our push to open dialogue. We've had no problems though from our side."

There was a short pause, "Has there been any developments between Germany and others on the eastern European flank?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Honestly, until recently, I was afraid we were being given the cold shoulder by our eastern friends. Poland and the Ukraine have both responded very kindly and we hope to set up some trading via freight locomotives. I think there is a large potential in both countries when it comes not only to trade but other partnerships as well. We have been unable to contact Russia thus far. But imagine we will hear from them sooner or later. A stranger one is France. We aren't sure what to make of them. They have been well, Erratic to say the least. Have you had much dealing with them in the past?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"It's good to hear of Ukraine and Poland extending hands. We currently have a Royal Navy Frigate conducting a courtesy visit in Poland with the aim of increasing relations, and Ukraine is also on the list but that is subject to their approval. Nonetheless, we have remained somewhat distant but not intentionally. Our plan is to eventually open dialogue with countries such as Poland and Ukraine to build up relations. France, however, is a different story. Before their government had collapsed.. again.. they had been cold and out of contact with ourselves, and from what we've heard from other governments, a pain. Causing conflict by moving their ships a bit too close to territorial waters. Since their collapse, we've heard nothing since. We have, historically, had good relations with France but over the last three years, communication has been cut off. Might I inquire as to what you mean by erratic? Have you had much contact from them?"

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"It took them sometime to respond to us. Once they had gotten back with us, it seemed initially positive. But once talks started we found the phone lines had been disconnected. Shortly after we had heard from our ambassador that the government had completely collapsed. Its seems to be complete chaos over there at the moment. We have advised our embassy staff on high alert until the government sorts it self out."

"If I may, I would like to return once again to trade. Our Ministry of Economics has informed me that we will still be attempting to set up trading routes whist we decide if we are going to become official members of the World Trade Forum. I am lead to believe that member countries are allowed to trade with non-members as they see fit. Lets say we are unable to join the World Trade Forum before the end of the year. Would the United Kingdom still be interested in trading with us? If so is there anything in particular that you might imported? We are quite frankly interested in everything that the United Kingdom has to offer. Your products are world class and very popular here in Germany."

"We have also seen some troubling things about the state of Ireland with terrorism and unrest in the past few months. Have you had any contact with the Irish Government? Do you feel it is still safe to travel there?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"That is understandable, I must admit, the reliability of.. any French Government in recent times has diminished. Time and time again given we practically share borders and even the Euro Tunnel, re-building relations with new governments in France seems to be a regular occurrence. Hopefully new leadership comes along in the future and gives a bit of stability." sighed Lawrence "Whether part of the World Trade Forum or not, we very much would like to trade with yourselves and are happy to hear your investment in British Goods. This is something we reciprocate, and would like to receive all your government can offer too. Perhaps I need to familiarize myself with the W-T-F a little bit more to clarify on the finer details but trade with Germany is certainly at the top of our agenda.

As for Ireland.. it's a growing concern, actually. We've had a discussion where the Irish Government have suggested opening the borders to Northern Ireland as that is what the Irish Republican Army is demanding. Given these are formally recognized by us as a terrorist group, it's not an option so we are looking to tighten security at the border. They've had a lot of violence in the area, and apparently the IRA is growing support. Whilst not yet official, the British Government are looking at upgrading the travel advisories to reconsider the need to travel to Ireland. From first impressions, the situation isn't looking too good and I suspect it will worsen."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"I'm sorry to hear that things in Ireland are much worse than we originally thought. If there is anything that you need to help with border security please do not hesitate to ask. We will be tightening our security at our embassy in Dublin as a result. Do you have confidence that the current Irish Government can fully handle the IRA situation? Maybe there is some way the GA can help. They might be able to help with funding and publicly denouncing the IRA. What ever is decided know you have our full support."

" I do have another matter to discuss if you will allow me. We currently do not have any specialized air craft in which to fly members of state around for meetings with other heads of state. At the moment our cabinet is using commercial transportation to travel around the globe. Given the state of terrorism and the need for at least some sense of secrecy we are looking to acquire some purpose built aircraft and protected civilian vehicles. Do you have any suggestions?

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thank you, your support is greatly appreciated. I don't want to say whether or not we have confidence in the Irish Government as we've not seen much action in regards to it. There is slight concern over their insistence of opening the borders which would mean giving into the demands of the IRA. We are going to be monitoring the situation closely and depending how it develops over the next few weeks, the Global Assembly may be contacted. Ideally, as this is mostly between the UK and Ireland, I hope to avoid it becoming more than it currently is and the Irish Government appears to have the same stance in removing the threat from the IRA. Hopefully it can be resolved quickly and peacefully.

I'm not sure of the benefit but we use the Lockheed Martin Tristar which is used for VIPs but also military deployments. All managed by the Royal Air Force to keep everything together. Alternatively, I'd definitely recommend speaking to Sparrow Industries or American Defense Sales. They both have a big catalogue when it comes to transport like you are after in a wide variety of vehicles. Nexus are looking at bringing out their own range but I don't think that has been done yet."

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Thank you for the suggestions of Sparrow Industries and American Defense Sales. We will be contacting them soon."

"You had mentioned earlier that Great Britain has a close relationship with Sweden. We have recently joined the Nordic Council in an observer role aiming for full member status as we rebuild our military. We have found that the values for the Nordic Council and the values of the German people align nicely. What does Great Britain think about the Nordic Council?"

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We are actually looking at the prospect of the United Kingdom joining the Nordic Council, we have quite a lot of favor for their mission and the values not unlike yourselves. We have recently received the agreements and requirements to join after an invitation but it is over to the British Cabinet to discuss the aspect of us becoming a member or not. There's a lot to consider and it would be a fundamental change when it comes to relationships between the UK and other Nordic Council members. It's certainly seems to be a worthwhile en-devour in my personal opinion. If that is the case then hopefully we will see the UK, Germany, Sweden and Norway all working much closer in the region. It's reassuring that as an outsider of the council, you have similar thoughts about it. Might I ask how the Nordic Council entered your spotlight? has Sweden asked you directly or was you the instigator? Purely asking out of curiosity." he smiled.

Vaka

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020
"Initially we had worked with Sweden on a series of initializes regarding trade and military cooperation. We slowly developed a great working relationship with them. We obviously shared the same ideas of the Nordic council and it seemed like a natural fit for our people. So we asked how we might go about joining. The only two issues were the lack of our ability to (at least initially) fill the military requirements and that Germany is not traditionally seen as a Nordic Nation. With the first of those issues we are working to bring the number of enlisted men and women up sharply over the next year. We are also looking to completely rebuild our rapid response forces. This should fill our military requirement and bring us to full member status. As for the being Nordic. I think its much more to mean Northern European than a particular race of people."

"I'm very excited to hear that your government is considering joining the Nordic council. Its nice to see the council adding new members especially a nation as prestigious as the United Kingdom. I think this helps bring Europe just that much closer together."

Jamie

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ProbableBear