STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[GOC]: 2001 Snap Federal Election

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018

2022-10-11-12-36-28-382171-3470006694451165023.svg

Conservative Party - 125

Liberal Party - 103

Bloc Québécois - 51

New Democratic Party - 29

Joshua Cox

Simon Welsh

Jean Cossette

Celine MacFarlane

Following the resignation of the current government, a General Election was held. The Conservative Party under Joshua Cox were the success story of the night. Although not able to deliver a majority government, the conservatives never the less had managed to secure the most seats. It was the smallest majority in Canadian history, but the opposition parties had confirmed they did not wish to enter into coalition dealings.

Joshua Cox is due to meet the Governor General in the next few hours to officially take his position as Prime Minister of Canada.

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
100g18000001482guFE8D.jpg

The Motorcade of the now Prime Minister-elect would sweep into the official home of the Governor General, Rideau Hall. The grand building glistening in the winter snow. The grounds of the estate covered in a deep frosty layer of snow.

"I hope the frosty weather isn't a reflection of my premiership" Joshua Cox proclaims looking outside at the sprawling estate. His wife is sat beside him, Martha Cox. Opposite them both in the limousine, are their two children Brendan and Joseph. His wife clutches his hand

"This isn't the time for foreboding Josh, you are the youngest Prime Minister on record, now is the time to show them what you can do"

The car sweeps up to the grand main entrance of the building. The Governor General, Alice Henry is stood on the steps ready to greet them. The Prime Minister leaves the car with his family shaking the hand of the Governor General. The Governor General is a elderly lady, the opposite of what the Prime Minister represents. A helpful balance to his youth and inexperience.

"Come on through Prime Minister, the guests are all here ready." The Governor General guides them into the large banquet hall ready for the swearing in ceremony. Guests from all walks of Canadian life are present, First nation leaders, police officers, soldiers. civil servants, journalists and politicians. Federal and Provincial levels of politics were all represented. Foreign ambassadors and dignitaries were all invited to attend. Members of the cabinet would be in the crowd, ready for their swearing ins.

A fanfare from the Canadian army band would indicate the start of the proceedings. A member of the privy council would be stood at the lectern.

"I kindly ask for the Governor Generals permission to begin this ceremony."

The Governor General nods her head in the affirmative, allowing the speaker to continue.

"I call the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs Harry Tian"

A Canadian-Asian male would stand and begin to walk towards the Governor General. The Minister of Foreign Affairs is a descendent of Chinese immigrants to Canada, who came across to flee conflict in the Asian region. His father worked his way up the career ladder, providing for his family at a time of crisis. For Mr Tian, he had now climbed to the second most powerful position in Canada.

"I Harry Tian do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear I will truly and faithfully and to the best of my skill and knowledge execute the powers and trust proposed to me as minister of Foreign affairs Canada."

A round of applause would break up amongst the crowd. The process would repeat for the following members of the Cabinet.

For Minister of Finance, Laurent Lévesque, Mr Lévesque previously ran a multinational business as the Chief Executive Officer, upon retiring he made the decision to accept a chance to run as a Conservative MP in return for his many years supporting the party financially. It didn't take long for him to rise as a rising star within the party. Although not exactly aligned with the Prime Ministers policies and beliefs, his appointment helps bring the right wing of the party closer to the PM.

For Minister of Veteran Affairs, Payron Hanley, a career politician who has previously held many shadow minister appointments. Seen as a centrist figure in the party.

Minister of Intergovernmental affairs, infrastructure and communities Rosannah Cullen a leading engineer and engineering scholar, decided to run as a MP in order to change policy within Canada. Seen as a figure associated with the left of the party.

Minister of Health Monique Hubert, a member of a hospital board of directors before taking the position as a Minister of Health. Mrs Hubert has held position on the health select committee as a opposition MP

Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Stewart Langley, a career politician and seen as a ruthless chaser of government efficiency.

Minister of National Revenue, Zoe Turner, a ex-civil servant turned MP.

Minister of International Development Joyce Butterworth, a close to retirement Career MP. Has previously tried and failed to become the Prime Minister.

Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Disability Inclusion a leading Conservative MP, Jonathan Reading has been appointed as the minister for employment.

Minister for Emergency Preparedness Damodara Manu, a Hindu elder Mr Manu has over 30 years experience as a MP. He accepted his first ever government position as minister for emergency preparedness.

Minister for Public Safety Shauna O'Neil. A previous top police officer, Mrs O'Neil has been appointed minister for Public Safety.

Minister for Transport Jamie Cadwallader, a new and upcoming member of parliament. Mr Cadwallader has secured his first government post.

Many more minor ministers would also swear their oaths of Parliament.

The Prime Minister would be the final member to swear his oath of office.

To rapturous applause, the ceremony would finish as the cabinet members leave the building. The team would go into a neighbouring room for a photoshoot before the Prime Minister and the cabinet step outside to a press conference. Flanked by his cabinet, the Prime Minister would address the media.

"I thank the people of Canada for giving us all this opportunity to deliver the change and ambitious leadership this country so desperately needs. This government will start to immediately deliver on the changes we have promised. We will begin to secure the future for our great nation, with your support and permission. We look forward to cutting taxes for businesses and the hard working Canadians who could do with more money in their pockets for their children and their futures.

Today alone, we have begun the process of rebuilding the Canadian army by re-establishing the Canadian guards, Canadian Airborne regiment and Royal Rifles of Canada as well as completing the Marine Commando Regiment programme. I look forward to attending the reactivation programme tomorrow.

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89