STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Great Britain | Call to Madagascar

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
The Secretary of State for the Home Department, Emma Ryan, has requested a call with the Government of Madagascar to look into the prospects of having both countries work together with the intention of enhanced cooperation.

@Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
With the request for a call recieved, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs Laurine Rahantasoa would pick up;

"Good Evening Home Secretary, this is Secretary of Foreign Affairs Rahantasoa. How are things in the UK?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Good Evening. Things are going smoothly, a smooth transition to a new government is always a positive start to a new term." she smiled. "I was actually contacting you in the hopes of starting to build on relations between our government and your own. It's something that has been neglected for far too long in my opinion and I'd hope this is something we can work on. How has everything been from your end over in Madagascar?"

@Nath

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Thank you for your call Ma'am" The secretary says from within his private office "Relations are a big part of our new governments new aims and objectives. For too long Madagascar has been held back by infighting and corruption. Our President Julie Rabémila has vowed an end to the corruption and is hoping to bring about sweeping reform to Madagascar's foreign policy. Our aim is become the leader within Africa. We know that the UK would be a strong ally in this goal.

So far so good. Our people are strong and our economy is starting to grow. We're a new government and we're slowly but surely opening our economy and diversifying our output."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Emma remained quiet, allowing the Secretary to speak and conclude his statement. "It's a pleasure to hear of your governments interests and the intention to tackle corruption. Africa itself has a rough history but it would be good to see a country step up and represent Africa for the beauty it is, I have no doubt this is something your government could achieve.
But yes, certainly, the United Kingdom is happy to help and assist you. Is there currently anything that the UK could offer to help you initially? If not, then please, don't hesitate to ask in the future. It'd be a great prospect for both Madagascar and the UK to work together."

@Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We would be most greatful if your government would consider a training programme for our police and law enforcement agencies as well as a Trading Agreement. We would love to have British police officers and indeed your counter terror and firearms officers to provide training to our police." The Secretary takes a quick drink of tea before continuing "Our current agencies are wide spread and poorly trained with no real command structure. Furthermore, their equipment and vehicles are outdated and inefficient. We would wonder if the UK government has any production of vehicles for purchase for a new fleet of fire, police and ambulance vehicles"

@Jamie

Last edited:

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We could look into a training programme, however, I feel I would need to understand more of your countries problems and goals to maximize the benefit you would gain from that. The United Kingdom Police Services are not armed on a routine beat, is that the same for your own?
I'm wondering whether it would be more beneficial having the British Army dispatch a training unit to carry out training as patrol levels but I'm, again, unsure if this would be of benefit? If you'd like to identify your goals for your Law Enforcement Agencies and we could go from there.

We would be keen in looking into the possibility of a business model to produce vehicles for your emergency services, what are you looking to buy? Is there anything specific?"

@Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Indeed, we were hoping in regards to community style policing and namely the establishiment of a professional police force. As you may or may not be aware the Madagascar Police Force is rife with corruption and underhand payments.

If the UK could provide any Ambulance or Fire Enginers for Madagascar to buy we would be most keen.

On another note, would the UK be willing to sell us a fleet of vehicles for use with our Special Forces? We are looking at the use of land rovers such as the Land Rover Snatch and WMIK as well as Land Rover Ambulances to assist us with the current Ebola outbreak"

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"Indeed, we were hoping in regards to community style policing and namely the establishiment of a professional police force. As you may or may not be aware the Madagascar Police Force is rife with corruption and underhand payments.

If the UK could provide any Ambulance or Fire Enginers for Madagascar to buy we would be most keen.

On another note, would the UK be willing to sell us a fleet of vehicles for use with our Special Forces? We are looking at the use of land rovers such as the Land Rover Snatch and WMIK as well as Land Rover Ambulances to assist us with the current Ebola outbreak"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Would you prefer our local police units be involved, or escalate to potential military-policing instead? Locally, our police constables are unarmed, and have specific de-escalation techniques but if your force is, as you said, corrupt, I feel as if a military unit to help train in policing would be more beneficial but with local PD advisors from the UK.
We will review our options for Ambulance and Fire Service vehicles to see if we have any to export, and I'll get back to you on that.

As for Special Forces, we'd be happy to export the Land Rover Snatch, WMIK and Ambulances.
Do you have an idea of how many you'd be seeking to procure?"

@Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We would be looking to acquire 5,000 Land Rover Snatches, 2,000 Land Rover WMIKs and 1,000 Ambulances

We would be willing to accomate the Royal Military Police or a similar unit? They have the mixture of both the policing and Armed operations"

@Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I would recommend Nexus for the order of 5,000 Snatches, and 2,000 WMIKs. They have main rights to build and can problem offer you a very nice deal with a discount for such a large order.
We will have to review the possibility of an ambulance ((Price Request needed)) so I should be able to get back to you on that.
In light of the ebola outbreak, we could potentially increase their remit to expand our operation to help with policing, and by extension, advising. If this is something you'd be happy with?"

@Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
"We have placed an order with Nexus we are just awaiting a response" The Secretary says "As for further intervention we would welcome the expansion of the British Government's role in Madasgar.

As you may or may not be aware we recently had a ambush on a aid convoy on the roads in rural Madagascar. The lorries and their drivers, bar one who was killed in the attack, are still unaccounted for so we would recommend you review the security arrangements of your soldiers"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"An attack? Do you know the parties involved and the cause? We currently are in the progress of arranging a staging area which will be the liason between RFA Argus and casualties under our care but if you believe there to be a risk, we will, under your permission, deploy additional troops for security purposes.
Any information you have on the attackers would be appreciated."

@Nathan

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Due to commitments elsewhere, the British Delegate would advise the Madagascan Delegate that another call would be required with another British Representative due to the attack on the UK. Still vowing British support in Ebola and that Operation Bolus would remain unchanged.

@Nathan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien