STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Great Britain Stories | Day One

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Day One

It hadn't been many weeks since the late Prime Minister, John Major was pushed out of 10 Downing Street after a mutiny within the House of Commons; bringing his reign of the Conservative Party to a conclusion. This had only opened the doors to new leadership.. fresh leadership. Subsequently weeks of voting had guided Andrew Evans into the position of Prime Minister. Parliament was suspended which provided enough time for the new Prime Minister to gather his thoughts and next steps but today was the day his four-year position as Prime Minister officially begun, the return of parliament, his opening speech and re-housing to 10 Downing Street. Anxious for the day ahead, Andrew had struggled to sleep but his routine schedule got him out of bed for 4am. Providing him the opportunity for a head start on the day, he embarked on his hour session at the Gym, followed by meditation and then breakfast before eventually sitting down to check his emails. As expected, the quantity of emails in his mailbox was duplicating by the minute. Nothing but a sigh left his mouth, his stomach crippling with emotion.

Andrew, now responsible for the country, prioritized the earlier emails. Consuming a maximum of 30 minutes to respond to all that he could then proceeding for a shower, changing into his suit afterwards and departing his house at roughly 08:00 with his wife, Marie Evans and son, Matthew Evans. A Black Limousine sat in wait, the rear door held open and the early-morning sun beaming between the buildings over the vehicle. They had all boarded and the doors then closing after the family had stepped in. The journey remained quiet, Marie and Andrew glaring outside the windows, the vehicle eventually pulled up outside 10 Downing Street, allowing them to exit and enter their new home. The next few hours consisted of initial introductions, meetings and getting a feel for it. During this time, news reporters and civilians begun to gather outside Downing Street preparing for the speech that was expected prior to midday.

11:45
Outside 10 Downing Street sat a podium with Her Majesty's Government insignia paved on the forefront. News Reporters, Civilians and Government Officials patiently awaited the entrance of the new Prime Minister. Camera's rolling, a high presence of both armed and unarmed Law Enforcement. A minute passed before the black No. '10' Door opened and Andrew Evans stepped out and behind the podium. The street fell silent. His hands rested on the stand, a few more moments of silence before he begun to speak.

"I have spoken to Her Majesty the Queen whom has invited me to form a government, and I have accepted.

This country has the opportunity now, to move forward with a reformed Political System that will learn from it's past mistakes, and to be a solution to Social Problems, to tackle Unemployment, to reinforce our Emergency Services and Armed Forces for the future. We are in the need of a decent government that will provide solutions, take difficult decisions and work through those decisions so we can all reach better times ahead. My goal? My Goal is to regain trust in the political system, that is about cleaning up expenses, improving our economy and representing you.

We will also be looking at the larger picture, keeping Britain at the very heart of Europe. Maintaining a solid foundation for friendship, cooperation and trade but also to extend our hand to countries outside of our region. Entering negotiation with North America and Asia, supporting Africa and of course, reassuring oversea territories of our commitment to providing a safe, economic and quality environment.

I want to make sure that my government will always look out for our elderly, our poor. We are in a favorable position and we should use that position to help others too, help tackle problems on the bigger scale. Our government will be built on values of freedom, values of fairness and values of responsibility. An economy that rewards work, build a society with stronger families and systems. This is going to be hard and difficult work, but I believe that together, we can provide the strong government this country needs.

Those are the things I care about, those are the things that this government cares about.

Thank you."

He stepped back from the podium, cheering from the streets echoed between buildings with the new Prime Minister stepping in the doorway with his wife. Sharing a kiss before entering the building for work to commence..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadebecoolwoof