STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Great Britain | Defence Procurement, RAF

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Ministry of Defence
Defence Procurement Agency

TOP SECRET

By the authority of the British Prime Minister, the Ministry of Defences Procurement Agency has received its orders for a new project with the intention of enhancing the Royal Air Forces Reconnaissance aircraft package. Minister J. Brown was the primary contact and responsible for the program in its entirety. With that in mind, the parameters for what was required were already set with an item in mind, the U2 Spyplane. Something the RAF had been apart of until the CIA withdrew their own involvement. With new operational requirements, it was something the RAF were interested in again. Naturally, the whole project was top secret and any work and documentation on it was heavily encrypted. Only a select few knew of the plan, but this required further contacts. An invitation went out to Sparrow Industires and the US Department of Defense, requesting a private audience to discuss a project that would benefit all three parties. Confined to a private room, Mr Brown awaited the two invitees to answer.
@Hollie @John

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
This Phonecall is PRIVATE and ENCRYPTED@Jamie
As soon as Kendrick realised the request came from the British MoD, the customer service agent transferred the call to corporate office. Mr. Steve Nichols answered the line. "Hello, Sparrow industries. Nichols speaking?"

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Although the Department of Defense had not accepted the call, it was decided they could join later or the proposal be amended and another country invited regardless. Until then, the British Procurement Officer Mr Brown turned his focus onto Sparrow Industries regarding the package deal. Compiling some notes in front of him at his desk, he cleared his throat and spoke clearly. Ensuring his line remained private and encrypted throughout. "Good Evening, Nichols." There was a brief pause. "My name is John Brown, I'm a Procurement Minister for the Ministry of Defence. I am contacting you to discuss a potential project between Sparrow Industries and the Royal Air Force about the purchasing of five aircraft, specifically, the Lockheed Martijn U-2 Dragonlady. This would be four operational aircraft of, I believe it to be the U-2R variant. As well as a trainer and reserve air-frame of the U-2RT. I may be wrong in the variant names but I'm hoping you can advise better as to the most recent models.

Firstly, is this something you are willing to sell as part of a project for the Royal Air Force, as I would be seeking a quote.
More importantly, I cannot stress enough the importance of secrecy regarding this project. We have no intention of making such acquisition public due to the operations the aircraft would be involved in. I would hope that this is something you would understand.

Finally, is the sale to other parties. Rightfully so, it's operated by the United States and Sweden. I would like to explore the prospect of a deal with yourselves to prevent the sale of the U-2 to any other countries. As you can imagine, the Dragonlady is of significant importance to national security given its prospect and role. Having some form of deal or limitation between the US, UK and Sweden, I feel would ensure it does not fall into wrong hands. Therefore, I'd like to request whether any discussions would be able to take place regarding the restriction of sale for this particular product."

John Brown exhaled, sitting back comfortably in his chair taking a sip of water. Giving the time for the Sparrow Industries advisor to review and provide a response to his queries.

@Hollie

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"Thank you for contacting us; A third batch of Lockheed U-2R, designated TR-1A entered production before the fall of the Soviet Union. This model has new avionics, electronic countermeasure and side-looking radars for tactical reconnaissance missions, making this superior to the earlier U-2R models. A Trainer, designated TR-1B was also complete at this time. In 1994, $1,700,000,000 was invested into modernizing the air-frame. These upgrades also included the transition to the GE F118-101 engine. Today, only two countries operate the Dragonlady; the United States and Sweden as you rightfully said. We are focused on delivering the best equipment for the Armed Forces, therefore we can offer the Lockheed U-2 for $20,353,111.14

Sparrow will take significant steps to ensure they continue to deliver the innovation and flexibility you need, so that people can go about their lives freely and with confidence. This includes any technological advantage, where essential for national security..."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"In that case, we would like to go ahead and place an order for one TR-1B variant and four TR-1A Variants which would be the operational aircraft for the Royal Air Force, however, discretion is our request to ensure that our procurement of the aircraft remains confidential. Our transfer would be encrypted and we'd like to request the production on your side remains private and utilizing a non disclosure agreement for your employees. As you can imagine, such a procurement is of great importance with national security. On top of the aircraft, we would be interested in ensuring we have the right equipment by buying 10 pressurized suits for the pilots. If you could please confirm a final cost for all this and reassurances of privacy, we will transfer the funds imminently.

Ideally we would like to be in a position where only the UK, Sweden and the US has that kind of asset and restrict sales and knowledge to those countries in the form of an agreement, and of course, we will cover costs that would be lost by others interested in purchasing the item. Is there any agreement you would meet to make sure this is the case?"

Hollie

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"For those of us who deal routinely with information that has national security implications, we understand how crucial such information is stored, handled, and transmitted. We have established a framework outlining policies and procedures for managing sensitive information. More generally though, this requires anyone who is in possession of sensitive information to ensure the recipients are both qualified and cleared to receive the information to perform their jobs. Efforts to manage sensitive information will inevitably lead to questions, therefore non-disclosures will be written to all our employees responsible in the manufacturing process. Naturally, this incurs an additional cost.

One TR-1B and four TR-1A Models will cost $106,853,833.46. The 1034-type pressure suit is made of Nomex, a DuPont-developed fabric that is both tough and flame retardant. Ten units will cost $3,480,750. You should allow fourteen days from the first day of construction, as these must undergo extensive testing to be flight-ready. The combined total is $110,334,583.46... One moment, please" — Mr. Steve Nichols would place the call on hold, briefly speaking to his superiors before resuming.

"Mr. Brown? Thank you for waiting. We will be removing the U-2 Dragon Lady from point-of-sale. All parties concerned will need to enter a Confidential disclosure agreement..."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
After a small pause and time on hold, Jack perked up and nodded on the other side of the line. "In that case.. we would like to place an immediate order compiling of:

One U-2TR-1B, Four U2 TR-1A variants and ten 1034-type pressure suits. We have transferred the funds of $110,334,583.46 as per requirement and request that construction remains private for our order. We have no doubt in the service and products you offer and do see this as the start of many more business dealings to come. Furthermore, in relation to the agreement, we will write up a draft and distribute to yourselves, the United States and Sweden to get all participants involved. I admit, it's not something we've discussed with those two parties yet but not agreeing to it will only put their own security at risk so we are rather confident we would get their signatures. I will get this faxed over to you within the coming days if this is suitable."

Funds Transferred Receipt

Hollie

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"Good news, Mr. Brown. The Senior Engineer responsible for the project has started construction on the Lockheed U-2 Dragon Lady. The 10 accompanying pressure suits are also in progress with scheduled Delivery set for 25th January, 1997. We’re grateful for your support. Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact sparrow industries on +44 163 296 0801 ..." Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect, now onto the agreement... I will be inviting the Swedish and American Delegates and pitch my proposal to all parties."

With that said, delegates from America and Sweden were invited to a call with the memo of a joint project between those involved, requesting their lines be private and encrypted.
Additionally, the transcript from the call between the UK and Sparrow would remain private between Sparrow and the UK so the context and already discussed sale is unknown to the American/Swedish Governments.

Connor Odinson

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
General Director of the Defence Materiel Administration, apart of the Department of Defence, Göran Mårtensson would join the call - eager to find out the purpose of the conversation. As per the Swedish Document Classification and Security Act 1995 the call would be encrypted and made from a private office.

"Good Afternoon, Göran speaking from the Defence Materiel Administration, to whom am I speaking?"

Hollie Odinson Jamie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
John Glass, the Acting-Secretary of Defense (because there was presently no United Stats Senate to confirm him) took the call on an encrypted line. The Deputy Director of the CIA was with him, on the same encrypted line of course. In order to add some ambiance to the discussion, they were secretly several stories below the Pentagon, in a poorly lit room, smoking cigars.

"Good morning, gentlemen. This is John Glass. Also on the phone with me is the Deputy Director of the CIA, Richard Gray," he said.
Jamie Connor Hollie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Thank you both for joining us" responded the minister "My name is John Brown, I am a procurement minister Her Majesty's Government, I've been put in charge for the development of introducing a new aircraft to the Royal Air Force, something both Sweden and the US have at their disposal. The U-2 Spyplane.
As you all know, the less information in the public about this airframe, the better, as it offers enormous potential in intelligence-gathering and has of course, seen many sorties with the US Air Force, and I imagine Sweden too but nothing I can find proves that.
However, the United Kingdom is interested in procuring some in the future, but before we do that, we would be keen to set a framework to protect the aircraft and those that use it, therefore, I'd like to suggest that the UK, Sweden and the US work in partnership with Sparrow Industries on a draft agreement which we have named the U2 Disclosure Agreement.
The idea is to prevent the sale of the U-2 to any other parties unless all those in this meeting approves as such, to minimize anyone that knows who has access to the U-2 and protect each other from been victim to U-2 operators.
Therefore, I'd like to pitch the agreement to you all, Sparrow obviously included, for your thoughts, and any amendments if this is something you would be keen in joining?"

Copies of the proposed would be sent privately / encrypted to the American, Swedish and Sparrow Industries counterparts for them to review.
Encrypted: Attached

Hollie Connor Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I think that's a great idea, Minister Brown. Thank you for sending those documents. The United States would be happy to agree to this, however the CIA and the Department of Defense have been in close talks recently about doing something similar with two other aircraft... I am wondering if Sparrow Industries would be interested in selling full ownership of Lockheed Advanced Development Projects, better known as "Skunkworks" to the United States government, including all of its IP? This is a specialized program within Lockheed, which has produced various aircraft that the United States does not want getting in their hands of other countries, especially Russia or other adversarial countries. However, we would be more than happy to support the continued operation of the U-2 by the United Kingdom, and by Sweden if they are operating any," he said.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Perfect, it is great news to have the United States onboard with the U2 Development Project. If you are happy with that, we will just need you to sign the proposed agreement to put it in place. Then we just require Sparrow Industries and Sweden to sign."

Odinson

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"Well..." Glass said, "before we do that, I'd like to see if Sparrow Industries would be willing to consider what we just offered. Because if not, we would like to make an amendment to the agreement which you have proposed," he said, waiting for the response from Mr. Steve Nichols of Sparrow Industries.
Jamie Hollie

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Sweden has a number of aircraft within the Royal Air Force that operate under extreme secrecy as part of a larger national security and defence network - I imagine the fact we have been invited to this call is because it's been disclosed that Sweden operates the U-2 thus we'd certainly like to see international cooperation between operators of this aircraft in order to better ensure it's technological advancement puts us at the forefront of reconnaissance capabilities. The U-2 Disclosure Agreement is certainly something we'd be happy to sign" he pauses before going on "I would, however, like to have some discussion in regards to the upgrade of equipment already in operation between our states. Does Sparrow Industries, given this agreement may be in-place, vow to enable and facilitate the fundamentally important upgrades to aircraft already in operations should they become outdated?"

"I think the sale of Skunkworks is a subject that's better discussed between the United States Government and Sparrow Industries... no doubt this will take some negotiation which in-turn delays the unrelated matter of the U-2 Spyplane agreement as presented"

Odinson Jamie Hollie

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
CIA Deputy Director Richard Gray chimed in. "We see these two subjects as being linked. While Britain and Sweden operate the U-2, we are interested in continuing to operate two other aircraft - both of which Sparrow Industries may have production rights rights to now. If the United States were able to buy Skunkworks, then that would greatly simplify this entire situation. I would like to hear what Mister Nicholas has to say," he said.
Hollie Jamie Connor

Hollie

Admin
Jun 20, 2018
"Sparrow will sign the Disclosure Agreement now that the other parties involved have been invited to the call. One moment please . . ." — Placing his call on hold. He resumed minutes later, after liaising with the executives. "We have a number of reconnaissance products in our inventory, but these are rarely requested by other nations. We understand your intentions to preserve national security, but there is nothing to suggest you're at significant risk. Therefore, Skunkworks is not on the agenda, but your concerns are duly noted. To answer Göran, we all agree to cooperate towards any future developments as illustrated in article 2 of the disclosure agreement. We shall always facilitate upgrades, whenever necessary."

Jamie Odinson Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The Deputy Secretary of Defense spoke up again. "While I do think that this is a good agreement, I don't think that it goes far enough. There are a few other aircraft, and their variants, which were created by Skunkworks that the Department of Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency believes would be detrimental to the regional security of both of our countries, not to mention the dozens of others that are in the Free World, if the wrong countries obtained them or if they even entered into regular use among countries we would normally consider neutral or friendly. The exclusion of these aircraft from an agreement such as this - or some other compromise such as selling Skunkworks to the Federal Government - falls short of what we need to accomplish. If we are at an impasse, then I believe both of our recommendations to the President will be not to sign this treaty. The decision, however, would ultimately be up to him," he said.
Jamie Connor Hollie

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89