STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Habemus Papam!

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
With the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI, the Holy See sat vacant. 115 Cardinals from six continents and over 40 nations were called to Rome to guide the church in its interregnum. During this period, the College of Cardinals deliberated under the watchful eye of God and Michaelangelo's The Last Judgement, who among them would lead the church moving forward.

Observers watched for three days as black smoke poured from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel, signifying that no pope had been elected. On the fourth day, however, white smoke bellowed and Cardinal Proto-deacon Jean-Louis Tarran appeared on the balcony of St. Peter's Basilica to announce, before a cheering crowd,

"Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum:
Habemus Papam!
Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum dominum,
dominum Christoph,
Sanctæ Romanæ Ecclesiæ Cardinalem Schönborn,
qui sibi nomen imposuit Julius IV."

I announce to you a great joy: We have a Pope! The Most Eminent and Most Reverend Father, Lord Christoph, Cardinal of the Holy Roman Church Schönborn, who takes to himself the name Julius IV.

"His Holiness Pope Julius grants a plenary indulgence in the form laid down by the Church to all the faithful present and to those who receive his blessing by radio, television and the new communications media. Let us ask Almighty God to grant the Pope many years as leader of the Church and peace and unity to the Church throughout the world."

Large maroon banners unfolded before the crowd, roaring with applause as the Pontifical Anthem played. Following the Protodeacon's departure, Pope Julius himself emerged from the basilica, dressed in the traditional white robes and red mozetta of the Pope. He stood watching over the crowd of Catholic faithfuls who had gathered in waiting for his televised address to the church in all nations. Standing before them, the new Pope raised his hands to silence the crowd before reciting the Apostolic blessing.

"Sancti Apostoli Petrus et Paulus: de quorum potestate et auctoritate confidimus, ipsi intercedant pro nobis ad Dominum."

May the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, in whose power and authority we trust, intercede for us before the Lord.

"Amen," the crowd roared.

"Precibus et meritis beatae Mariae semper Virginis, beati Michaelis Archangeli, beati Ioannis Baptistae et sanctorum Apostolorum Petri et Pauli et omnium Sanctorum, misereatur vestri omnipotens Deus; et dimissis omnibus peccatis vestris, perducat vos Iesus Christus ad vitam æternam."

Through the prayers and merits of Blessed Mary ever Virgin, Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint John the Baptist, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and all the saints, may Almighty God have mercy on you and forgive all your sins, and may Jesus Christ bring you to everlasting life.

"Amen."

"Indulgentiam, absolutionem, et remissionem omnium peccatorum vestrorum, spatium veræ et fructuosae pœnitentiae, cor semper paenitens, et emendationem vitae, gratiam et consolationem Sancti Spiritus; et finalem perseverantiam in bonis operibus tribuat vobis omnipotens et misericors Dominus."

May the almighty and merciful Lord grant you indulgence, absolution and the remission of all your sins, a season of true and fruitful penance, a well-disposed heart, amendment of life, the grace and comfort of the Holy Spirit and final perseverance in good works.

"Amen."

"Et benedictio Dei omnipotentis, Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti, descendat super vos et maneat semper."

And may the blessing of Almighty God, the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, come down on you and remain with you forever.

"Amen."

Thunderous applause followed as Pope Julius raised his hands in blessing and farewell before returning to the basilica. Throughout the night, Julius would pen handwritten letters to Christian heads of state, inviting them to the first papal coronation since Paul VI's in 1963. The letters set the date for the very next Sunday after the announcement. They're sealed with wax and stamped with his signet ring and sent out to the apostolic nuncio before being hand-delivered to those invited.

NagandEmerald

His Imperial & Royal Majesty, Friedrich IV
Aug 18, 2018
@Lavenderdame

The Kaiser himself, while too busy to have attended the coronation of the new Pope, sent his regards and his congratulations to Pope Julius IV. In addition to the congratulations, Friedich mailed copies of Grimm's Fairy Tales, both first and second volumes, from the years that they were published, as an additional means of congratulations to the Pope, along with a letter from His Majesty stating,

"I apologize for not being able to gift you these in person, but I hope that you find the books satisfactory. Furthermore, I hope that your rule over the Holy See is long and prosperous.

Lavenderdame

Newcomer
Jan 27, 2019
The Holy See would write back, thanking the Kaiser for their gift and informing him that it will make a fine addition to the Vatican's library.

Retroliser

-Insert Intriguing Title Here-
Sep 6, 2018
Once news of the new Pope had reached Turkey, The Sultan eagerly began writing a private letter to The Holy See.

Most Holy Father,

I wish to extend to you my most personal, and sincerest, congratulations on your election as The Bishop of Rome and Vicar Of Jesus Christ. I am aware that I, as the head of state of a secular nation with a large proportion of Muslims, should have no interest in the election of a new Sovereign of The Vatican City State, however I am an individual who adheres to the idea that faith still has an important part to play in the life of the average human. Not only that, I am a devout Muslim of The Altariq Alraabie school of thought, The Fourth Way, which bases itself on the holy text's teachings only, and ignoring the Hadith, which, we believe, is idolising the prophet, Muhammad, peace be upon him, to the point where he is above Allah, or God. Which, as we both know, is a grave sin as it breaks the commandment regarding the creation of idols, and possibly the commandment regarding having no other God.

Regardless, I would be deeply humbled, and honoured, if I would be permitted to meet you at some point, Your Holiness. I must confess that I don't believe I am long for this world. Everyday, I grow weaker, more helpless, as my physical form is consumed by the ravages of Parkinson's disease. I do not know when this will eventually develop into dementia or Alzheimers, which will snatch away memories of my life, my children, my people, so I would be most honoured, if a reply was made as soon as is reasonably possible.

May your tenure as Pope be guarded by all in heaven,
Süleyman III

Logan

Senior
Jul 1, 2018
The King of Italy would congratulate and pay homage to the Holy Father, sending out a statement explaining that he wishes to meet with the Holy Father in Person, having already sent a message requesting such, and welcoming the new Prince of God's Kingdom on Earth to the world stage.

Dragon

32 County Republic of Ireland
Sep 1, 2018
The Prime Minister of Èire would congratulate His Holiness upon such occasion seeing this as a source of inspiration for Irish Catholics but would stop short of anything beyond that so as to avoid criticism from Èire's Protestant community during the height of marching season for its few remaining Orange lodges.

Latest posts

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mikhail2001