STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

EVENT [Haiti]: Earthquake

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
Permission received to rp this event and to rp as the Haitian government

2AE37833-55E8-4973-85CFC20E82A23A45_source.jpg

Midday

Haitian President Emmanuel Paul sits at the cabinet table, looking glum as the Minister of Finance pronounces Haiti's yet again poor economic forecasts. The President momentarily drifts out of the meeting, a consequence of boredom. He finds himself daydreaming around the Presidential palace of Haiti. 'He has been talking for the last hour' the president wonders as his mind turns to his evening meal. Across the table, members of the cabinet look tired as the Caribbean heat enters through the large windows.

His daydream is broken by the rattling of the porcelain cups and plates on the cabinet desk. Seconds later, the shaking grows in intensity. The room now filled with the sound of light rattling. The President's eyes grow as he realises what was about to hit. "GET DOWN" The President yells as he dives underneath the table of the palace. The cabinet members follow suite. The President cowers underneath the wooden table. The rattling crescendos to it's climax, the noise of shaking concrete, furniture and smashing plates, cups and windows now deafening. A final crash was heard before the room filled with darkness and dust.

Outside dust fills the Haitian sky as buildings shake, collapse and fall to the ground. Across the city various buildings now lie in ruin, the presidential palace and National Assembly being one of them. Scores of individuals are now trapped and buried alive under piles of gravel and ash. Infrastructure damage was reported pan island, including as of yet unknown damage to the airport and ports. Those who survived remained huddled in place as aftershock after aftershock continued to rip through the island.

Police and Firefighters scrambled to try to free and save the lives of those injured in the incident. However, with the government and parliament buildings collapsing whilst full to capacity, it was not immediately obvious who was in charge. Citizens and emergency service workers desperately digging at the soil with bare hands or hijacked JCB diggers.

A Junior minister for foreign affairs would place an urgent plea for assistance through official channels.

Canada response

Within minutes of the request for support being made, Canada would divert it's Carrier Strike Group passing through the region to Haiti. Prime Minister Joshua Cox has issued an urgent statement;

"In relation to the earthquake in Haiti, I have authorised the deployment of the Royal Canadian Navy to immediately assist those on Haiti. A follow on force from the Royal Canadian Air force and Canadian army will follow as soon as all preparations are completed. A official statement will be made later, once further details are known"

(OOC: Posts relating to the Haitian government/general situation will continue in this threat. Posts relating to the Canadian military response can be found in Carrier Strike Group '01/Operation Restore Hope.)

Last edited:

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The Government of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia would issue a public statement following the tragic events unfolding in the caribbean island nation. In it, Ethiopia would extend its sympathies to the already battered people of Haiti and pledge to contribute to the reconstruction effrots through the creation of a special fund for international assistance. Said monetary aid could be extended either directly to the Government in Port-au-Prince or through a dedicated General Assembly account, if said international institution decides to take action to help mitigate the impact of the natural disaster in Haiti.

The Deferal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia further states that it is ready to provide further humanitarian assistance uppon request.

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
11897_square.jpg

The first aerial photos of Port-au-Prince were coming in from the RCAF helicopter high above the country. Widespread devastation was observed. Infrastructure, schools, homes and government buildings all fell victim to the earthquake. Telecomunications, water and electricity remained down across the island.

At the National (Presidential) Palace, the rescue effort continued throughout day and night. Bodies of the cabinet and Presidential staff continued to be removed from the site. The occasional survivor pulled out. No members of the cabinet or the President had yet been rescued. The story was the same of the parliament, the Prime Minister and many MPs still buried underground.

Lawlessness and looting was now taking hold of Port-au-Prince and surrounding towns as one of the poorest populations had now had what little they had ripped away from them. Senior members of the police force had been killed during the collapse of the National Police HQ.

A surviving group of the government party had formed a coalition government, appointing their most senior member as Prime Minister. Prime Minister Dorneval was now the most senior member of the Haitian government.

Prime Minister Dorneval would send a message to the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia accepting any humanitarian funds or assistance offered, but requesting the government arrange any assistance arriving to the island with the Government of Canada.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Government of France
ENCRYPTED

Dear Government of Haiti,

I am deeply concerned about the ongoing situation in Haiti therefore I have instructed the French overseas departments of Guadeloupe and Martinique to open their hospitals to those in desperate need. We will be able to deploy medics and aircraft to Haiti to assist in helping those desperately in need. If possible, I would like to gather some more information such as the current conditions in Haiti so that we can better assist your country.

Regards,
Sébastien Lecornu
Minister of Foreign Affairs
French Republic

Nathan

Nathan

GA Member
Jul 2, 2018
The government of Haiti have sent the following Zak

“Sébastien Lecornu,

Thank you for your offer of support. My government itself no longer exists. Our security situation is deteriorating. Never the less,We would be glad to accept your offer of medics and aircraft to assist with our humanitarian response.

I would advise you to contact the Canadian Forces in Port-au-Prince airport to arrange the use of the airport runway, which is current the main base for their forces.

Kind Regards,
Acting Prime Minister Hubert”

Kelly the Mad

Congolese Empire
Oct 28, 2020

THE FOLLOWING IS SECURE

To: Canadian Command in HAITI ( Nathan )
Subject: Major deployment of relief personnel to HAITI
CC: Acting Haitian Prime Minister Hubert

To whomever is in command of the Canadian forces in Haiti,

the Congolese government is looking to assist in the current humanitarian crisis occurring in Haiti by deploying our specially trained military police unit, putting on standby elements of our counter-terrorism unit, several heavy lift helicopters, fire-fighting aircraft, amphibious and engineering vehicles. All transport would be provided by the Congolese airforce and merchant navy. We can also provide airlifts to hospitals within Haiti, or if their facilities are too damaged, to nearby hospitals in the US or Canada, depending on who is willing to cooperate with the relief efforts. We can also pledge many of our army medics to this overseas force. Using our full force of rescue-capable vehicles, we hope to minimize casualties, restore utilities, and maintain order until the Haitian government has recovered.

Best Regards,
Muhammed Onwudiwe, Chief of the Army, Designated Regent

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
The ethiopian Ministry of Foreign Affairs would contact the canadian government, as instructed by the haitian authorities in order to coordinate the delivery of international aid. Ethiopia would start arrangements to deliver a plane load of medical supplies, water purification pills, emergency blankets and other first aid utilities. An Ethiopian Airlines Boeing A340 would be specifically converted for this mission, in order to haul the mentioend goods directly from Ethiopia to the place indicated by the canadian/haitian authorities.

Further instructions from the coordination team would be awaited before the plane woudl take off towards the caribbean. Information on the current stauts of the small islands airport woudl also be requested, to see if a direct delivery was even possible.

Nathan

HeadlessSeeker

Professional
Jul 1, 2018
640px-Coat_of_arms_of_Ireland.svg.png

Republic of Ireland
Encrypted and Classified
To: Acting Prime Minister Hubert, Haiti Nathan
From: Shay Muldowney, Department of Foreign Affairs Political Division, Republic of Ireland
CC:

Dia duit,

We here in Ireland are concerned over the current situation that is occurring in Haiti and would like to help any way we can. We can provide a peace keeping force to help stabilize the situation as best as we can until. Ireland can also begin food and water shipments that can be distributed by said peace keeping force. Though currently Ireland will need to work with another nation to move peace keepers to Haiti. If there is anything else that is needed, please reach out and let us know if we are authorized to send a peace keeping mission.

Regards,
Finn Queally
Department of Foreign Affairs Political Division
Republic of Ireland

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018

7JzI6cv.png

1024px-Seal_of_the_President_of_the_United_States.svg.png

8dO4kRe.png
[TR][TD]

THE WHITE HOUSE

ENCRYPTED MESSAGE
[TR][TD]

TO: Mr. Hubert, Acting Prime Minister of the Republic of Haiti ( Nathan )

Acting Prime Minister Hubert,

I have been briefed on the situation in Haiti and the precarious situation that your government is in. I want you to understand that I have assembled my Cabinet and the Joint Chiefs of Staff to discuss how we can help your government, your country, and the Haitian people.

At this time the Federal Government is not certain what the situation on the ground is - we have lost contact with our embassy in Port-au-Prince - but I am prepared to offer humanitarian aid as well as armed protection of whatever is the current administrative head of your country's government. I am sure that you would agree that the continuation of your country's democratic institutions and administrative functions are paramount. I can have soldiers flown in, airborne infantry dropped in, or if need be, we can have Marines land on the beaches - our first major objective will be to ensure that your port is operational and can be brought back online to receive aid.

Moreover, we have the capacity to send humanitarian aid in the form of food, water, medical supplies, and textiles.

I have a pending request from the Irish government to possibly bring in soldiers and humanitarian aid. I ask that you confirm what help your government needs and how we can help your people. Specifically, do you grant my government permission to send in our armed forces to bring humanitarian aid for the Haitian people and security for your government?

Respectfully,

Al Gore
President of the United States
[/TD][/TR][/TD][/TR]

Last edited: