STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Axis12

People’s Republic of China
Feb 11, 2021
Hi everyone reading this! I found this website this afternoon and was immediately interested by how complex/in depth this RP site was and I decided to give it a try! I believe that I will be the United Arab Emirates or the U.A.E. As I feel like after reading your directions and how this is all works that this nation is right for me since is has a smaller population but the ability to grow on a massive scale as well as it being a major oil exporter. I would possibly like some advice on this though as I just realized that in the 1990s hardly anyone lived in the Emirates. If someone has a suggestion for a better middle eastern nation or possibly a nation from anpther region I would be happy to hear their recommendations. Also I’m a huge fan of maps and politics and will go in depth with reasearch for those types of issues but I will also look at the military aspect as well. Anyway I am ready to see what this RP site provides and I hope I can make alliances with any and all nations in game. Thanks!

Alex

Kingdom of Greece
Apr 16, 2019
Hello Axis12, welcome to Modern Nations!

I've never played the United Arab Emirates, but I have played as Israel for a little while so I know a bit about the Middle Eastern region. Personally I think the best nations for new players in the region would be the ones that have their own military industry and don't have to rely on other nations, alongside having a large population. These being: Israel, Turkey, and Iran (Personally Israel is my favorite). There's also Saudi Arabia and Egypt, though these two nations depend more on foreign powers for military equipment.

Either way, any Middle Eastern nation is great in their own rights and are ripe with role-playing potential. I'm excited to see what you bring us!

~Alex

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
Welcome aboard Axis! We're always excited to have new players and I look forward to RPing with you.

1) My suggestion is to pick a country you're interested in--even if you don't know too much about it. I only knew a little bit about Ukraine before I joined, but did know I wanted to learn more and now I'm incredibly fond of it. An interest in the country is the most important part, in my opinion.

2) It also helps if you pick a country with a neighbor(s) relatively close by. For example Denmark, Sweden, and Norway are all a little family, as Ukraine I get to bully Russia all the time, but I think neighbors are secondary to the importance of being interested in your chosen country. Our South Korea doesn't really have neighbors but they'r proactive when it comes to involving themselves in the GA, doing internal development, or coming up with good reasons to contact countries that are geographically distant from them.

3) I don't have much advice for you when it comes to military stuff, unfortunately. In no particular order Alex, Headless, Jamie (the admin), Connor, and Naio are all really good at that side of MN if you need help.

4) If you want to tag people hit @ and then their name but it doesn't work if you copy-paste it, and it doesn't work if you edit a post to add the @

Lastly, I suggest joining our discord! There's a link to it at the very bottom of the home page. :^) We play games sometimes or just chit-chat, and it's easier/quicker to answer questions in there sometimes--especially if you're just starting out.

Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Thanks for the advice! I believe that I will either be Austria or Turkey to start off. I see what you mean above and I will be either a more militaristic nation as Turkey or I will be more Diplomatic as Austria. Putting in my registration today, anyway thanks. Also I would like to ask if everyone here is from the U.K. As I’m from the Midwest USA and I don’t know how that would work since you guys are hours ahead of me in real life. Anyway I hope to form diplomatic relations with you in future RP!

GingeOrCringe

Junior
Apr 5, 2020
I’m from the Midwest as well! We have a few other US players, some in Canada, but we also have a player in Brazil, Portugal, lots a different places.

looking forward to RPing with you
Axis12

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Thats great! I thought everyone here was British but I guess not! I also just wanted to reply to this post to see what my new Government Seal look like below. Btw I picked Turkey as my nation so we should be pretty close from now on!

Republic Of Turkey Offical Communiqué

e082eea8-1fe1-4798-82df-665f5ce6c560_200x200.png

Axis12

Feb 11, 2021
Thanks! I will definitely be using this!

Republic of Turkey Official Communiqué
e082eea8-1fe1-4798-82df-665f5ce6c560_200x200.png

Naio90

Federal Republic of Ethiopia
Contributor
Jul 1, 2018
Welcome to MN! Turkey is a really interesting country to play with, congrats!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien