STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

A New Prime Minister
Britain's new Era! Andrew Evans has officially entered office as the new Prime Minister, the successor of John Major MP. We take you to Downing Street where Prime Minister Evans is giving a speech. Outside 10 Downing Street sat a podium with Her Majesty's Government insignia paved on the forefront. News Reporters, Civilians and Government Officials patiently awaited the entrance of the new Prime Minister. Camera's rolling, a high presence of both armed and unarmed Law Enforcement. A minute passed before the black No. '10' Door opened and Andrew Evans stepped out and behind the podium. The street fell silent. His hands rested on the stand, a few more moments of silence before he begun to speak.

"I have spoken to Her Majesty the Queen whom has invited me to form a government, and I have accepted.

This country has the opportunity now, to move forward with a reformed Political System that will learn from it's past mistakes, and to be a solution to Social Problems, to tackle Unemployment, to reinforce our Emergency Services and Armed Forces for the future. We are in the need of a decent government that will provide solutions, take difficult decisions and work through those decisions so we can all reach better times ahead. My goal? My Goal is to regain trust in the political system, that is about cleaning up expenses, improving our economy and representing you.

We will also be looking at the larger picture, keeping Britain at the very heart of Europe. Maintaining a solid foundation for friendship, cooperation and trade but also to extend our hand to countries outside of our region. Entering negotiation with North America and Asia, supporting Africa and of course, reassuring oversea territories of our commitment to providing a safe, economic and quality environment.

I want to make sure that my government will always look out for our elderly, our poor. We are in a favorable position and we should use that position to help others too, help tackle problems on the bigger scale. Our government will be built on values of freedom, values of fairness and values of responsibility. An economy that rewards work, build a society with stronger families and systems. This is going to be hard and difficult work, but I believe that together, we can provide the strong government this country needs.

Those are the things I care about, those are the things that this government cares about.

Thank you."

Following the end of the speech, an interview team turning to multiple people from the crowds and querying: "What are your initial thoughts on the Prime Ministers speech?"

Dawn Woods: "His speech was good but it feels like he had neglected the mutiny that the House of Commons had suffered, speaking of reforms is one thing, but acknowledging the past few months is another.

Alex Brown: "The speech gives the same message any politician gives. Lies. Lies and more lies."

Geoff Young: "Andrew Evans wasn't elected, he was merely dropped into it since John Major got removed as leader. We should be having another General Election.
BAE Systems Reformation
The Chief Executive Officer of BAE Systems Plc, Liam Johnson, has announced a limited suspension with any new sales as reforms are carried out across the company. The group, consisting of elements such as Alenia Aermacchi, General Dynamics European Land Systems and more is the largest UK distributor of military hardware. This suspension would undoubtedly hit the market hard given that shares in the company had been oin a decline with Force Protection Europe down by 0.28%. He has highlighted the reforms as a "neccessary step to provide the best service and goods to all our customers. We intend to re-open sales as soon as possible, and even have some new upcoming products we're intending to show case."

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Royal Navy Restructure
The Ministry of Defence has released a statement this morning confirming that plans to increase the size of the Royal Navy with a complete overhaul of its structure which will see new recruitment campaigns to the Royal Marines following a re-structure of 3 Commando Brigade to provide the marines with a formal, specialized ORBAT that will only provide a better response globally. There is also intentions to expand the current surface fleet which has led to the commitment to purchase new frigates and destroyers that will assist in power projection across the globe. These changes originated from the recent defence review which saw the requirements of the Navy to be expanded and maximize their capacity. A Royal Navy Spokesperson has verified:

"The Royal Navy is perhaps the most vital asset of the British Armed Forces. It has the power to deliver air and ground assets to any theater across the world. It's a Navy the entire country is proud of, and a Navy that the world looks up too because of our history. It is an absolute shame to see the size of our fleet in comparison to previous generations, we are severely out numbered, outgunned and under prepared. The changes to the structure will see a more proactive force that will be able to not compete, but compliment our allies at a greater pace and reassure them of our commitment to defence."

The Defence Procurement Agency has already confirmed its intent to further invest in the Fleet Air Arm with a further 20 Harrier GR9As, this shows the large amount of investment been focused on the Navy, and by extension, the Marines and Air Arms.

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

Andrew Evans Addresses the Nation
Stood at a podium that had the UK Government Arms logo on the front, Andrew Evans, well-suited and held together had his hands resting on each side of it. A few minutes passed, silence fell and news reporters were all staring at him. Camera's facing forward and recording as the Prime Minister cleared his throat, beginning to speak.

"This morning I woke up to the news that a life-altering event has taken place in Chile over night, an earthquake that has been accurately placed at 9.6 on the Richter Scale took place on the Chilean Coast which under advice of the Chief of Science, but also by extension, a warning released by the government of Chile, we have decided to alert those on the Pitcarin Islands to make for high ground with the intent of carrying out an evacuate as soon as possible. This comes at the huge, calculated risk that a Tsunami has formed and those islands will be in the impact zone, along with many others and the added risk of that hitting Japan. Alerts have been sent out to those islands, and the Maritime Group 1 of the Royal Navy has currently diverted all its resources to the region in preparation for disaster relief for anyone affected. The Royal Air Force has also been escalated to immediate readiness, to support those in need at a moments notice. We will keep you updated with any new developments and for those in the Tsunami Warning zones... Keep High, Keep Safe."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
14kien