STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: February

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 31/03/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[ICJ] First Choice Intl v. French Sales Incorporated

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018

THE GLOBAL ASSEMBLY

INTERNATIONAL COURT REFERRAL
INTERNATIONAL COURT OF JUSTICE

[REFERRAL MEMBER]: Marc Kvet, Ambassador for Sweden to the Global Assembly (obo. Strömberg International Legal Consultants)​
[DATE]: 05/1995​

[THE DEFENDANT]: French Military Sales Incorporated (acting obo. the Government of the Republic of France)​
[ALLEGED OFFENCES]:​

• Patents Act 1967 (Sweden)
  • Act on Names and Pictures in Advertising 1978 (Sweden)
  • Defamation - Chapter 5 of the Swedish Penal Code (Sweden)
  • Defamation - Law on Freedom of the Press (France)
  • Article L.615-1 Intellectual Property Code (France)
  • Article L.615-14 Intellectual Property Code (France)
  • Article L.642-4 Consumer Code (France)
  • Article 434-5 Penal Code (France)
  • Article 8 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (International)
  • Article 10 Universal Declaration of Human Rights (International)
[DATE OF ALLEGED OFFENCES]: Dates between 01/1995 and 05-1995​
[STATEMENT OF EVIDENCE]:​
This case is referred by the Swedish links to the Global Assembly however, pending result of the civil/criminal trial between the complainant and the defendant, the Swedish Government is no way involved and simply facilitating fair process.​

Law firm Strömberg International Legal Consultants ("complainant"), represents their client First Choice International ("victim") in the interest of points of law.​
Defence organisation French Military Sales Incorporated (and their subsidiaries)("defendant") act on behalf of the Republic of France Government as a state-owned defence sales business.​

The complainant brings this case to the court on behalf of the victim. This case is primarily subject to the unlawful sale and advertisement of products undisputed ownership, manufacture, distribution and management by the victim. This case was referred to their chosen law firm, the complainant, for legal action and the prevention of further reputation damage and revenue loss. It should be mentioned that the sale of some of these products were advertised unlawfully as "fixed wing aircraft". Among the products sold by the defendant a total of seven products were disputed by the complainant and the victim, sales of which totalled approximately $1,128,000,000.00. Clear and concise correspondence were sent between the complainant and the defendant during which the defendant overtly, in no direct terms, accepted wilful infringement of the above acts and agreed an out-of court settlement to the total of $2,000,000,000.00 which includes but is not limited to the return of lost revenue, reputation damage, loss of profit and legal fees. However, without prior agreement by both parties, the defendant began payment by means of a payment plan which was at no point discussed by the parties involved and dispute disapproval continued with such. The complainant, as a result of this, is filing for various violations of consumer trade, abuse/perversion of judicial process and false/manipulative advertisement.​

During correspondence between the complainant and the defendant there have been unnecessary attacks against the complainants business alongside their generally unprofessional conduct by means of correspondence. The complaint, as a result of this, is filing for defamation.​

In addition to this the complainant made it very clear with the initial correspondence that they would be acting on behalf of the victim in this case and all correspondence should be passed through their firm. This was ignored by the defendant who took it upon themselves to directly contact the victim in this case. The complainant, as a result of this, is filing for counts of witness intimidation.​

French Military Sales Incorporated is a government-run business in which the President of the Republic of France has direct involvement, during correspondence between the parties they have undoubtedly denied their membership of the Global Assembly, announced the fact they do not recognise international courts and have refused the right to a fair trial for all parties. The complainant, as a result of this, is filing for violations of international law in respect to judicial trial.​

[THIS IS A STATEMENT OF TRUTH]: [X]​
[SIGNED BY]: M. KVET​

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The newly seated Chief Justice, Rolfe Olhouser, arrived to the court. He invited the Swedish ambassador, Marc Kvet, into the chamber to join him. They were the only people in the room, beside the bailiff and court reporter, who began the record.
"Good morning ambassador," he said. "I'm going to summon the French Ambassador here as well, along with France's legal representation, so that we can decide whether or not this case will be resolved by a Judicial Board, or by the full International Court of Justice. Bailiff, issue a summons to the French Ambassador and inform him that we're waiting for him."

Olhouser then turned his attention to the Swedish Ambassador. "Ambassador, seeing as you represent the Kingdom of Sweden and not this legal corporation, could I trust you to have Stromberg's lead legal representation arrive here as soon as possible so we can get this moving along?"

The ICJ sent a summons to the French Ambassador for the Global Assembly, and also stated that France's legal representation should come as well.

@Connor
@Moe

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Absolutely Mr Chief Justice, I am purely involved as the middle-man between this private organisation and the International Court of Justice. I will call Einar Åkesson, the Regional Practice Manager for Strömberg International Legal Consultants to ensure they, as the complainant have their voices heard"

As stated, the Ambassador immediately calls for Einer to attend the court and awaits further instruction from the Chief Justice.

Apingdaldal

RP'ing The Philippines, RL'ing The Philippines
Jul 1, 2018
Justice Leticia Ramos-Shahani actually arrived 15 minutes earlier than anyone else in the court who already finished doing her online cooking blog, in private, while waiting for others to arrive in the court.

Once the Chief Justice Olhouser commenced the proceeding, she will put her smartphone into "Silent mode" and begin reading through all documents of the said case at hand.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Despite the fact that the other justices had not yet been invited into the chamber, out of respect, the Philippines's justice would of course be allowed inside to observe.

"Good morning, Justice Shahani," Olhouser said as she walked inside. "I haven't decided yet whether this will be under the full review of the Court, or just a Judicial Board. But you're more than welcome to observe. We're currently waiting for the French representatives to arrive."

@Apingdaldal

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Gaddamnit! What is with these people?" shouts ambassador DuPont when a security guard allows a bailiff from the court into his office.

"Their reputation after the last trial is already lower than whale piss, why would they even contemplate a second round?"

He grabs his suit jacket from his chair and throws it on in a huff.

"Bailiff, please tell the judge I will arrive in fifteen minutes with my legal attache. Thank you, sir. And I apologize for my profanity."

Ambassador DuPont then tells his secretary to call the legal attache and inform him to meet him outside the courtroom and make sure he is aware what it concerns.

************************************************************************************************

Fifteen minutes later Ambassador DuPont paces outside the courtroom doors like a man trying to stamp out a fire. He checks his watch every few paces. When he sees his legal attache walking towards him with a puzzled look on his face, the ambassador sticks out his hand and shakes the attache's hand.

"Pierre, thanks for coming again on such short notice," he says in the Provencal French dialect, also in a whisper.

"Of course, Mr. Ambassador. The secretary said something about Sweden. What....?" he responds in the Provencal French dialect, also in a whisper.

"Let me cut you off. They just got debagged in front of a lot of people so they are going to try and save face with a level of trumped up bullshit even worse than the last time. You ready for this?"

"Did you see Pulp Fiction, Mister Ambassador?"

"Yes, of course. Great film."

"Sweden or Stromberg or who ever is in there is about to empathize with Marcellus Wallace's pain."

The two men share a laugh and stride into the courtroom together.

Once inside Ambassador Francois DuPont declares.

"Your honor, the French representatives have arrived. Let me introduce our lawyer, Pierre DuPont."

@Odinson, @Connor

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
The bailiff and guards allowed the Frenchmen into the chamber, and it was afterwards sealed.

"Ambassador, councilor, thank you both for joining us. I was made aware of this case not too long ago..." he said. Olhouser banged his gavel down on the bench before him and put on his reading glasses as he looked down at a piece of paper.

"The first thing we need to decide is if this will be handled by a Judicial Board, or by the entire court itself. As a reminder, the Judicial Boards exists to handle minor disputes between countries or corporations on an international level, and would only consist of two justices chosen by me, as well as myself. It would be easier to use a Judicial Board, however if either party can provide substantial reason why they'd like to involve the entire court, I'd be happy to hear it?" Olhouser asked.

He waited to see if there was any substantial reason why either side would want to involve the entire court.

@Connor
@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
Ambassador DuPont would speak up, "The French side would of course wish for a Judicial Board. And, my apologies to the court, Your Honor, The French are a bit confused as to why we are here. Wasn't this case between the French and Sweden, err or Stromberg just thrown out yesterday. We are a bit confused as to why we have been asked to come back, Your Honor."

@Odinson
@Connor

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"We are happy to proceed with a Judicial Board, Mr Chief Justice" the Swedish remain confused as to why the less formal title is being used for the Chief Justice by the Frenchpre-trial.

"I'd like to object to the French questioning at this time Mr Chief Justice as the answer to such questioning stands as part of our case"

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Olhouser sat back in his chair and looked at the two parties. "A Judicial Board it shall be, then. Mister Åkesson, I've looked over the charges that you've presented to the court. I just wanted to underscore that of then ten charges listed, this court has no jurisdiction over the first eight. I'm sure that you included those for context, but I just wanted to make that clear. Charges nine and ten, however, are within our jurisdiction. Would you still like to move forward, Mister Åkesson?"

@Connor

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Mister Chief Justice, I must interject at this point before proceedings begin. Would you please allow me to address the court? It is vital to our understanding of the case. I will be brief, Mister Chief Justice."

@Odinson
@Connor

Last edited:

Connor

Kingdom of Sweden
GA Member
Jul 23, 2018
"Mr Chief Justice, with all due respect the charges as presented have not been heard in a full trial as a result of the Republic of France refusing to honour the Universal Declaration of Human Rights; because of this I believe the International Court of Justice has the power to enact Article 7e of the Statute of the Court enabling your court to act for or on behalf of two member states, which in this case are Sweden and France."

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"I understand," Olhouser said as he thought for a moment. "In that case, you'll have the opportunity to argue that to the Judicial Board, but I can't make any promises as to the result."

The Chief Justice then looked to the French and said, "The Judicial Board isn't assembled yet and we aren't in session, but if you'd like to make a statement right now you can."

@Connor
@Moe

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"Thank you, Mister Chief Justice, it is not a statement, however, more of a request. We would like the Court to request that Stromberg, slash the Government of Sweden..."

Attorney DuPont momentarily clears his throat.

"We request that the court ask Stromberg, the Government of Sweden, et al, resubmit a coherent statement of evidence as the one submitted is so muddled and meandering it does not form a coherent narrative.

Oh, and that the government of France would like to make it known at this time we will also be filing charges against Stromberg, for slander and defamation, for statements made in Resolution on Judicial Process with France and an added charge of Frivolous Lawsuit related to that case. Thank you, Mister Justice."

@Odinson
@Connor

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
"That would be a good point to make during the hearing itself, Mister DuPont. I understand your frustration. I've decided on who will be on the Judicial Board, besides myself. They should be just a few minutes," Olhouser said.

Word was sent to the American and Spanish justices that they were being summoned to served on the Finance Judicial Board, and should arrive to the chamber as quickly as possible. Due to the sensitive financial nature of the case, Olhouser ordered that this not be a public hearing. Only the aforementioned justices and the parties involved were allowed into the chamber. The proceedings would formally begin once the other justices arrived.

@John
@Zak

John

Legend
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
A little while after receiving the note, Justice John Paul Stevens arrives in the court room, donning his robes and also holding a notepad with various pens and pencils.

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

Justice Soraya Sáenz de Santamaría arrives in the court room wearing her robes and holding a notepad and carrying stationary, she takes a seat next to her American counterpart as she looks down on the peasants down on the courtroom.

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
She must have walked here, Olhouser thought to himself as the Spanish justice came in. Once she took her seat, the record of what had been said so far was shared with her and the other justice, as well as Olhouser, before they began.

Olhouser slammed his gavel.
"I hereby call this session of the Economics, Trade, and Financial Judicial Board into session. The court reporter will continue to record all that is said. This will be a closed sitting, but the record of what is said will be made public after the proceedings have ended. Justice Santamaria and Justice Paul have been chosen to serve on this Judicial Board, which I am chairing as the Chief Justice. First Choice International is suing the French Government. We will first hear from the legal representation of First Choice..."

Olhouser looked at the Swedish attorney, "Counselor, please make your opening statement, explain what has transpired, state your charges and why they are being made, and please explain how they fall into the jurisdiction of this court. Beyond that you're free to make any other statements you'd like to. Please proceed. Afterwards, we'll hear from the French, and then proceed to questions from the justices."

@Connor

Last edited:

Moe

His Dudeness
Jul 2, 2018
"I beg your pardon Mister Justice, but we must ask that Stromberg, the Government of Sweden, et al, resubmit a coherent statement of evidence as the one submitted is so muddled and meandering it does not form a coherent narrative...It is barely readable."

@Connor
@Odinson

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Olhouser banged his gavel several times and then said, "Counselor, you are out of order. English is my second language, and the document seems quite clear to me. If you think what has been submitted to the court is that illegible, then I recommend you state that when it's your turn to present France's defense. I'm going to give you time to make an uninterrupted statement, but first we are going to afford that opportunity to First Choice's legal representation. Proceed, Ms. Åkesson."

@Connor
@Moe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darren