STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2005

Month: January

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 01/09/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[IEA]: Opening Communication with Russia

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018

MOFA_IEA_logo.png

To: Lucie Albrecht, Foreign Affairs Minister of Russia Jay
Yusuf Agha, Foreign Affairs Minister of Afghanistan
CC: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan
Subject: Opening Communication with Russia

Dear Minister Albrecht,

I am the Foreign Affairs Minister of the Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan. I am writing to extend our heartfelt greetings and express our sincere interest in establishing a robust and mutually beneficial bilateral relationship between our two nations. We firmly believe that enhanced cooperation between our countries can lead to significant advancements in various areas of mutual interest.

In addition to fostering stronger diplomatic relations, we are particularly interested in exploring opportunities to procure essential equipment from Russia. Given Russia's renowned expertise and advanced capabilities in defence sectors, we are confident that such collaboration would greatly benefit our nation's development and address our pressing infrastructure needs, especially with Afghanistan plagued by militant fighting across the region.

We believe that this engagement will strengthen the bonds between our nations and contribute to the stability and prosperity of our region. We hope that through this cooperation, we can create a brighter future for our people.

Thank you for considering our proposal. We eagerly anticipate your positive response and the beginning of a solid and enduring partnership between Afghanistan and Russia.

Sincerely,

Yusuf Agha
Foreign Affairs Minister
Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan

Official Documentation of the Islamic Emirates of Afghanistan​

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan < Grant >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.de.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE:
Dear Minister Agha

Thank you for reaching out to my office. Your correspondence is well received. My Government would be happy to discuss ways we can cooperate in areas of mutual interest. In addition, my Government would be eager to understand the current situation in Afghanistan better and to assess the resources we can expend to support your government. Please let me know a suitable time to instruct Russia's Central Asia Director to arrange a call with you.

Please also let my office know the specific equipment you are requesting, its purpose, and how Russia can assist your government in this regard.

Regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Russian Federation

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018

MOFA_IEA_logo.png

To: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs Jay
Subject: [Confidential] RE:

Dear Minister Albrecht,

Thank you for your prompt and considerate response. I appreciate your willingness to discuss cooperation and the support your government can provide. The situation in Kabul has deteriorated significantly. Hostile forces are slowly taking over the city, creating a dire need for increased defence capabilities to protect our city and maintain control. I worry that our defences will not last forever and that our nation will fall to the hands of these attackers.

To bolster our defences against these aggressors, we urgently require the following equipment:
  • Mil MI-17: These helicopters are essential for troop transportation, medical evacuation, and supply delivery in challenging terrains.
  • Mil MI-24: Known for their robust firepower and versatility, these helicopters will provide crucial air support to our ground forces.
  • ZIL-157K: These trucks are vital for transporting troops, equipment, and supplies across various terrains, ensuring mobility and logistical efficiency.
  • BM-21 GRAD: This multiple rocket launcher system is necessary to provide practical artillery support and enhance our defensive and offensive operations.
I request that continued access to this equipment remain in place. It will significantly improve our ability to defend against ongoing and future threats, ensuring better regional security and stability. I would be grateful if we could continue the right to purchase these items, as they are crucial for our defence strategy.

If you wish, I can make myself available for a call with Russia's Central Asia Director to discuss this further. Your support in this critical time is invaluable, and I look forward to our continued cooperation.

Sincerely,

Yusuf Agha,
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018

1200px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png

МИД РФ
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1280px-Emblem_of_Ministry_of_Foreign_Affairs_of_Russia.svg.png
AUTHENTIC COMMUNIQUE OF THE OFFICE OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
Security Clearance: Secure and Encrypted​
[Recipient]: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan < Grant >
[Sender]:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Russian Federation < @LCAlbrechtMOFA.de.gov >
[Subject]: [Confidential] RE:
Dear Minister Agha

Thank you for reaching out to my office. Your correspondence is well received.

My Government would like to understand the current situation in Kabul further before we can approve certain defense platforms. Including the status of rebel forces, the current groups fighting your government, and your current capabilities.

A destabilized Afghanistan does not serve Russia's interest and it is our desire not to see a sudden shift in governance in the Islamic Emirate.

That being said, the Russian Government can expedite the sale of Mil Mi-17 and ZIL-157K transport vehicles from our storage given their non-combat capacity. However, the Mil Mi-24 and BM-21 Grad will require approval, especially given the BM-21 Grad's indiscriminate firing patterns. Please list the number of Mi-17s and ZIL-157K you require.

Please also note, if circumstances permit, the Russian Government may be prepared to support your forces with air power and special forces. However, I urge your transparency and explaining the current situation.

The Director will be available for a call immediately.

Regards,
Lucie Albrecht
Russian Federation do

Sergei Petrovich sat in his apartment in Moscow, the glow of the evening news casting long shadows across the room. The remnants of a simple dinner lay on the table—borscht and black bread. The air was thick with the scent of tobacco, mingling with the faint aroma of the food. Sergei was a man of routine, his life defined by the steady rhythm he has started when he first joined the service. Yet, tonight felt different, an undercurrent of tension that he couldn't quite place.

His wife, Elena, stood by the window, her silhouette outlined against the dim light of the city. She was a striking woman. She had always been the more discerning of the two. Sergei often dismissed her worries as paranoia, a relic of her days as a journalist.

As the news anchor droned on about the latest international developments with an independent candidate running in the U.S. elections, Sergei's attention wavered. He took a sip of vodka, savoring the burn as it warmed him from the inside. Just then, the phone rang clashing against the usual quiet of their home. Sergei's brow furrowed as he reached for the receiver.

"Petrovich," he answered curtly, his voice betraying none of the apprehension he felt. "Sergei, it's Yuri from the Ministry. There's been an incident. You need to come in immediately," the voice on the other end said, terse and urgent.

Sergei's grip tightened on the receiver.
"What is it this time?" he asked, though he knew better than to expect a straightforward answer. "An emergency call with Kabul. The situation is deteriorating rapidly. They need you here now," Yuri replied, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Sergei sighed and nodded, even though Yuri couldn't see him.
"I'll be there in twenty minutes," he said, and hung up. He turned to Elena, who was watching him with a mixture of concern and curiosity. "Work?" she asked, though she already knew the answer.

"Yes," he replied, already rising from his chair. He grabbed his coat, the leather worn out. As he reached for his briefcase, Elena spoke again, her voice low but insistent.

"You heard about the SVR chief, didn't you? They say it was a mugging, but I don't believe it. It was...too precise...to clean." she said, her eyes narrowing.

Sergei paused, his hand hovering over his briefcase. He shook his head, a faint smile playing on his lips.
"Elena, not everything is a conspiracy. The man was unlucky, that's all. You spend too much time on VK, reading those wild theories," he said. Elena's expression hardened, her lips pressing into a thin line. "And you spend too much time ignoring the truth," she retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

Sergei shrugged, unwilling to argue.
"We'll talk about it later," he said, knowing full well they wouldn't. He leaned in and kissed her cheek, a brief, perfunctory gesture. "Goodbye, Elena. I'll be back as soon as I can," he murmured, already turning towards the door.

As he stepped out into the cold night, the weight of his responsibilities settled heavily on his shoulders. The city was alive with the sounds of traffic and distant sirens. Sergei made his way to his car, the chill of the evening biting through his coat. The drive to the Ministry was short, but it felt like an eternity. His mind raced with thoughts of the call he was about to take.

When he arrived, the Ministry it was quiet, the night shift of guards wandered the premises keeping it well protected. Sergei hurried through the corridors as he presented his ID and was let in. His footsteps echoed in the sterile halls. As he entered the briefing room, a young aide handed him a folder.

"Urgent," she said, her voice barely above a whisper. "Kabul is under threat of falling. They need to know if the government can survive long enough for support to arrive. They also want to know who they are fighting and if we can benefit from the instability."

Sergei opened the folder, his eyes scanning the hastily compiled report. The words blurred together—Taliban, resurgence, strategic locations compromised, government forces overwhelmed. It was a nightmare scenario, one that he had hoped to avoid.

He took a deep breath, preparing himself for the call. As he reached for the phone, Sergei couldn't help but think of Elena's words. Perhaps there was more to the SVR chief's death than met the eye. But that was a problem for another time.

As the line was prepared, the security encryption was connected and he waited to hear any voice on the other side.

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018

MOFA_IEA_logo.png

- ENCRYPTED MESSAGE -

To: Lucie Albrecht, Minister of Foreign Affairs Jay
Subject: [Confidential] RE:

Dear Minister Albrecht,

We appreciate your willingness to consider our request and understand the need for further information regarding the situation in Kabul.

Our limited and stretched-thin capabilities make enhanced support crucial for improving operational effectiveness and maintaining stability. We are grateful for your offer to expedite the sale of Mil Mi-17s and ZIL-157K transport vehicles, which will significantly help our troop and equipment movements in the country. I will go into more detail regarding the amount we require on our call.

Sincerely,

Yusuf Agha,
Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan

Minister Agha leaned back in his chair, exhaling deeply as he sent the email. He ran a hand over his face, feeling the dampness of stress and fatigue. With a resigned shake, he reached for the phone and dialled his assistant.

“The Russian Central Asia Director will be calling soon. Redirect the call to this line as soon as it comes in. Thank you.”

He hung up abruptly, the clatter of the receiver punctuating his mood. Reaching into his pocket, he retrieved a packet of cigarettes, its crinkling sound comforting. With practised ease, he slid a cigarette between his lips and placed the packet back into his pocket. He picked up his desk lighter, flicking it to life and igniting the tobacco.

The smoke spiralled into the air as he took a long, reflective drag, holding the smoke in his lungs. He glanced down at the situation report he was given by the ANA Command, which read very badly, but he was secretly pleased with the results although he could never make it known. He knew the city was falling from the grip of the Taliban and that maybe one day, the nation could return to its true state. The phone's ring cut through the room, jarring him from his thoughts. He exhaled sharply, letting the smoke escape in a dense plume around him. Setting the cigarette gently on the edge of his ashtray, he lifted the receiver and cleared his throat, his voice steady and respectful.

“Minister Agha, Foreign Affairs Office.”

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"Minister Agha, this is Sergei Petrovich, Director for Central Asia Policy here at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Thank you for taking the call. Honestly I'd just like to hear the full picture on your situation and how things stand."

Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Yusuf carefully considered how he would answer the question. He took a long cigarette drag and slowly exhaled the smoke before speaking to the Director.

"Director Petrovich. Have you lived in a warzone before? War, guns, and explosions have surrounded my life. Some of my family have fallen to these battled wars of old. You begin to realise that war is harsh and brutal, but I see a purpose for this one. The situation in Kabul is.. volatile. On one side, my Taliban overseers of our nation are trying to crush the militia warmongers with the power of the Afghan National Army and Air Force. On the flip side, it seems that the militias wish to dismantle our overseer's operations piece by piece and reinstate the government of old by throwing them to the wolves."

Yusuf paused momentarily, dabbing his cigarette out in the ashtray. It was only half-smoked. He gently perched it on the edge of the ashtray and leaned back in his chair. He pondered if what he was saying would get him killed, yet decided to go with it. With a deep breath, he made a quick and sharp point.

"I grow weary of these wars which plague Afghanistan and its people, Director. The working class sit and suffer while the ones in power watch it happen. I think times need to change."

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Sergei Petrovich listened carefully to Yusuf’s grim assessment. “My grandfather fought the Nazis during the Great Patriotic War Minister Agha,” Sergei began, his tone measured and authoritative, “I can't say I have lived through a conflict but the 1993 political crisis was no tea table discussion. I appreciate your forthrightness in describing the dire circumstances in Kabul. It’s evident that Kabul is in a precarious state. I understand that the conflict you describe is not only about control but also about the future direction of your country. You’re indicating that there’s a significant struggle not only between the Taliban and the militias but also a broader disillusionment with the current power structures.”

Sergei leaned forward slightly, his fingers steepled. “Given the volatility of the situation and the suffering of the Afghan people, what is your assessment of the likelihood that the government you mention—the one you hope to create—could gain sufficient support to stabilize the region? And how do you see the international community, including Russia, playing a role in either supporting or countering these developments? To be specific how feasible do you believe it is for this proposed government to secure the necessary support to stabilize Afghanistan?"

He paused, letting his words settle. “This is not merely about choosing sides; it is about shaping the outcome of a volatile situation. The future of your country and the stability of the region hinge on the choices made in these moments of uncertainty. You alluded to a broader discontent with the current leadership. If you are to advocate for change, what specific form of support or intervention do you deem essential to effect that change? It is crucial that we understand not just the immediate tactical needs but also the long-term strategic implications of any involvement.”

As he awaited Yusuf’s response, Sergei’s thoughts briefly returned to Elena. Despite his dismissive attitude earlier, her words about the SVR chief’s death lingered at the edge of his mind. Tonight’s developments were only adding to the complexity that was building up in his mind.

Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Yusuf sat back in his chair, his mind racing as he weighed his words carefully. He knew the gravity of what he was about to say and the potential consequences. The small office felt even more confined as he glanced at the door, ensuring it was securely closed, a barrier against the outside world. He took a deep breath, his eyes narrowing as he refocused his thoughts. His voice carried the weight of years of conflict and turmoil when he spoke.

"The situation in Kabul and Afghanistan is far more intricate than just a simple power struggle, Director. When the Taliban first rose to power and seized control of our nation, various militias attempted to resist, but none had the strength to face them head-on. As the desperation deepened, these factions shifted tactics, joining forces to form an army capable of challenging the Taliban's dominance. The bloodshed, the suffering—it all stems from a growing distrust of the Taliban regime. It's not just a conflict; it's a symptom of a much larger crisis that we must address. It’s a cancer we need to remove."

Yusuf paused, wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead. The silence stretched out momentarily, heavy with unspoken fears and the weight of his words.

"You asked about the feasibility of securing the necessary support to stabilize Afghanistan. I won't lie to you—it’s an uphill battle but far from impossible. The people of this nation are tired, Director. They're weary of promises that have only led to more bloodshed. To gain their trust, any new government must be seen as legitimate, not just in the eyes of the world but in the eyes of the Afghan people. Fortunately, when the Taliban took control, many original ministers, including myself, remained in our roles. The old government is still in place and ready to lead, but puppet masters guide us these days. The Prime Minister makes choices daily, which he has no say in."

The Minister rose from his seat and stepped slowly to the office window as he finished his sentence. The cord was slack enough to extend the whole distance. He cautiously gazed upon the city while waiting for the director's reply. He noticed the smog of the ongoing warzone loomed closer by the day. He contemplated how long it would be until the Arg Palace was finally released from the Taliban grip. Was the tables turning?

Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
“Ready to lead, you say? From my perspective, it appears they are merely surviving rather than leading. There’s a significant difference between holding a position and effectively wielding power. Commitment is one thing, Minister, but it requires competence to enact meaningful change. I need to ensure to the Russian Government that our involvement doesn’t become another quagmire.”

The memories of the Soviet intervention to save Afghanistan in the past, and its damaging consequences, were still fresh in Moscow’s collective memory. The devastation it wrought, the years of suffering, and the way it contributed to the collapse of the USSR was cautionary tales that Sergey did not want to be responsible for bringing back. The scars from that conflict run deep, and there’s a palpable fear of repeating such a disastrous engagement. The opportunity to influence Afghanistan’s future is significant, but we must be cautious.

“Minister Agha, I must acknowledge the risks you’re undertaking in addressing this crisis. I appreciate your candor...I don't mean to doubt that. It’s clear you are putting yourself on the line." Sergey said as he recalled tales from my uncle who served in Afghanistan. His uncle told him of how the people who, despite receiving support from the Russians, would often sell the very weapons they were given to their enemies. Their allegiance seemed ever-changing, driven by their own interests rather than loyalty to their allies.

"The Taliban Government is asking us for a large amount of weaponry. Some of this stuff...to be quite honest we are worried will be used to indiscriminately fire at rebel positions and kill large amounts of civilians. But it could turn the tide of the war in their favor. I'd like to believe that Moscow won't approve it due to the fear of civilian casualties." Sergey said with a pause as he thought of his next words carefully. "Only an Afghan can rule Afghanistan. You are right. A legitimate government is necessary to make the uphill battle anymore easier." Sergey let out a big sigh as he stepped up to walk to the window in his office that overlooked downtown Moscow.

"Minister if I may be honest in saying this. I don't think Moscow is happy to have the Taliban in power. However, they also don't want instability to take over. If I talk to them about what you are alluding to...they'd like to be assured that another civil war wouldn't take place." He said as he sat on the stool of the window silk. "If I can hear more about your ideas that come next I think I can convince others to not only send material support but also deploy the Russian Army to help you."

Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
The minister chuckled softly, the sound carrying through the phone line as he carefully considered how to respond to Sergey's comments. Yusuf could sense the worry and doubt creeping into Sergey's voice, even over the phone. What had caused such distrust? Yusuf let the silence linger momentarily, pondering the right words before finally speaking.

"Yes, it’s true," Yusuf began, calm and reassuring, "We are merely surviving, clinging to the hope of living another week. But is that truly so terrible? We are politicians, Sergey, not soldiers. I have no intention of charging at a man with a gun, harbouring the naive belief that my death will somehow spark change. The Taliban will never cease to be a problem. You can’t simply eradicate such a presence—it’s like cutting off one head only to see another grow in its place. There will always be someone ready to rise, attempting to seize power in a reckless attempt."

There was a brief pause, the faint static hum on the line as Yusuf gathered his thoughts. He reached for his keyboard, the quiet clicks of keys faintly audible as he navigated through his files. His mind was already on the next move, a calculated step in a game that had been in play for too long. He opened the order he had sent to Lucie Albrecht earlier in the day, the details glowing on his screen.

"The Taliban aren't the ones asking for the weaponry, Director," Yusuf continued, his voice taking on a firmer edge. "I am. This isn’t just a matter of a simple civil war. It’s far more intricate, a battle waged from within and structured as such. The Militia wanted the Taliban out just as much as we did, and we used that desire to our advantage. Many of the Ministers of Afghanistan, along with our esteemed Prime Minister, have been quietly funding these assaults right under the Taliban's nose. How else could a simple Militia gather the resources to launch attacks on cities? The real change begins when the Militia seizes control of Kabul, Director. And believe me, that moment is closer than you think."

Yusuf let his words hang in the air, waiting for Sergey's response. He had made it clear that a game was being played to rage a war against themselves in the hope of obtaining control of Afghanistan from the Taliban. Yusuf knew there was no turning back. If the Taliban learned of the acts of treason, the ministers would be tortured and hung. He needed Russia to believe him.

Jay

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
Sergey laughed as well. "No, you are right. We are not soldiers. Do you know who are the militia, what their strength is, and their leadership? Can they be trusted not to simply try and oust you after they've taken Kabul. Hypothetically speaking of course." Sergey said as he got off the window silk. "What kind of weapons are you looking for. What kind of armaments are we talking?

"As for taking Kabul...what kind of resources would be necessary to make that happen. I can do my part to convince Moscow Yusuf but I'm going to need to know some game plans and what you plan to do to make sure this doesn't turn into another '79 war. Controlling Kabul is easy...holding it is something else."

Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Yusuf leaned back in his chair, a satisfied grin tugging at the corners of his lips as the Director's voice crackled through the phone. He knew the answer without hesitation, his mind already running a mile ahead of the conversation.

"The Militia is a united group of ANA defectors," Yusuf began, his voice steady and confident as he spoke into the phone. "These are the ones who didn't believe in the Taliban rule when they first took over. They left to fight against them, driven by a burning desire to unthrone the regime. This desire has worked to our advantage. The man leading them is Abbas Qasim, an ex-general of our ANA Forces. Unfortunately, he defected for the same reason his men did. He left his dedicated life of servitude to our nation to fight the very thing he protected for so long. That takes some doing."

As he spoke, Yusuf's phone buzzed softly in his hand, the screen lighting up with a new message. Without breaking his stride, he glanced down and read the message. It was from Warlord Qasim:

"OP IS GO AT FIRST DAWN. PREPARE FOR EXTRACTION. GATHER AT THE ARG PALACE CONFERENCE ROOM. AWAIT FURTHER INSTRUCTION."

His mind raced, but Yusuf kept his voice steady, ensuring no trace of the message’s urgency seeped through. Placing the Director on speaker, he leaned back again, focusing on the conversation as he processed the implications of the text.

"You ask about our game plan, Director," Yusuf continued, his tone unwavering. "Once the Council of Ministers is safely out of Kabul, the war turns on its head. It's crucial to understand that we control the ANA, not the Taliban. The only reason we haven't designated the Taliban as a national threat yet is out of fear that loyalists would execute us before we could escape the city. However, I believe this momentum shift is happening sooner than anticipated."

He opened his desk drawer, sifting through the paperwork with a practised hand. He was looking for specific documents needed for his imminent departure from the city while keeping his tone measured and calm. He began shoving the paperwork into his briefcase, knowing that every other Minister had been given the same message at the same time. His voice had a slight tremble as he tried to remain calm.

"The ANA has suffered significant losses in this conflict—injuries, deaths, and vehicular damage. We need armaments to rebuild the army and protect the nation again. I'm not asking for an entire army of equipment, Director. I'm asking for access to the purchasing power we need to make Afghanistan safe once more. Never again do I want to experience the reign of the Taliban in our nation."

Yusuf’s thoughts drifted momentarily to the operation which was afoot. The remainder of the night ahead would be long, filled with the heavy weight of decisions and significant changes for everyone. But for now, the only thing that mattered was ensuring that the balance of power in Afghanistan would begin to shift when the sun rose.

Jay

Last edited:

Jay

Dokkaebi
GA Member
Oct 3, 2018
"With that, I am sure My Government will be in agreement. To keep the Taliban out...that I believe Moscow will be willing to help with. The other important question, are you going to need Russian troops to assist you with this...and if so...what are you expecting in terms of the Taliban's resistance?" Sergey asked as he wrote down everything next on a notepad.

If there is an upcoming shift in the balance of power, then it is important to strike while the iron is hot. What kind of weapons will you need, and how many?" Sergey asked waiting for a response. "I recognize that rebuilding the ANA and restoring order is essential for the nation's stability and security. However I can say with a degree of certainty that my Government is working to fix its global image, if Russian-made Grads started killing thousands of civilians, it would do a lot of damage to our global image. Hence why we refused to sell weapons to the Taliban."

"If time is of the imperative, I am sure that I can convince my Government to help you get the council of ministers away from Kabul. Alongside a weapons delivery, Russian Special Forces can help secure the airport to allow you to bring forces into the heart of Kabul. Though I am no military expert...Sergey said conceding he knew little of actual war aside from history lessons and what his family spoke about at the dinner table. "

"As for the rest, My Government would like the ability to extradite a number of Taliban officials for their crimes against the Russian Federation. If that would be something you can arrange, I am sure I can get Moscow in your corner." Sergey said putting his feet on the table.

Grant

Grant

Newcomer
Jul 1, 2018
Yusuf pondered for a moment at the question given to him.

"Without the backing of the ANA, the Taliban are merely a nuisance, with no real structure beyond their leadership. The military backing makes them more powerful, and no one will lift a finger against them. Despite how they have governed us for years, they've always maintained their secretive organization and most likely have thousands of places to hide, some probably in plain sight."

He placed his briefcase beside his chair and checked his watch carefully. He knew he would have to start wrapping up the call soon to meet with the other Ministers.

"I think the moment we regain control, they'll hide as they always do. We won't hear from them for years. Although it's not ideal, it will give us time to prepare for their retaliation further down the line. I'm not a General nor a Defence Minister, so there is much beyond my knowledge to answer your questions, Director. I would ask that we revisit it once the balance has shifted, and I can convene the relevant ministers in the same room and discuss where we can go fr-"

Yusuf was interrupted mid-sentence as a massive explosion from a car parked outside the front entrance sent shockwaves rippling through the building.
The blast echoed loudly over the phone, sending Yusuf into a panic. He leapt from his chair in fear, the receiver slipping from his grasp and clattering forcefully onto the desk. Outside, shouting, screaming, and blaring alarms filled the air. Summoning the courage to move, Yusuf cautiously stepped from behind his chair and brought the phone back to his ear.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck..." yelled the Minister before trying to compose himself to speak again. His voice trembled, "Director, I will be in touch soon when I am somewhere safe."

With a trembling hand, Yusuf slammed the receiver onto the cradle, abruptly ending the call.

Jay

• Love
Reactions: Jay

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mr-iran