STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Inauguration of the Parque da Patría.

JakeDorent

The Empire of the Americas
Nov 14, 2019
Finally, after months of planning and construction, the park was filled with different floras of Brazilian origin, from flowers to bushes and trees that had recently been planted, one of the attractions was a flower garden organized to resemble the National flag.

the main attraction of the park however, was the "Monument of the peoples", the Monument was made up of the large pedestal made out of Granite, steps would surround the circular pedestal, in the front side of it was a bronze engraving of the Imperial Coat of Arms, with the Motto of the Empire, "Libertatem aut mori", underneath the coat of arms. Inside the Pedestal was a Memorial with paintings of historical moments in Brazil's history.

On top of the pedestal were three tall bronze statues of the three unifying people of Brazil, the Natives, represented by a native warrior, the Africans, represented by a Free'd slave, and the Europeans, represented by a European settler, the statues were greatly detailed.

Thousands had come to the Imperial District to witness the inauguration of the park, and to those who chose to remain at home, the inauguration was also broadcasted throughout Brazil.

A Band of the Imperial Guard would be present, to begin the inauguration, they would play the national anthem of Brazil, once they finished, His Imperial Majesty Luiz I and Prime Minister Hohenberg would step up onto the stage that had been prepared in front of the Monument, standing behind the platform where the microphone was located in, beside the plantform was a table with a large object on top of it, a white cloth covering it.

Dom Luiz I would take in a deep breath, before beginning his speech.

"
Sir, the courts have ordered my arrest for obedience to your highness, and in their immense hatred and persecution, have reached the one who cherishes, in voice, to serve with loyalty and dedication as a most faithful friend and subject.

The moment no longer bears delays or condescension, the revolution is already prepared for the day of thy departure; if your highness leaves, thee has the revolution in Brazil against Portugal, and Portugal, currently does not hold the resources required to subdue an uprising that is publicly, not to say almost visibly, prepared. If thee stays, his majesty has against you the people of Portugal, the revenge of the courts, and even, dare I say, disinheritance, that from my knowledge, has already been agreed upon.

Faithful minister who risked everything for my country and for my prince, the most obedient servant of Dom João VI, that the courts have in their detestable coercion; As a minister, I advise your highness to stay, and make Brazil a happy kingdom, separated from Portugal, which is today a slave of the despotic courts.

Your highness, no one wants your happiness more than your wife, and she tells you, in a letter that will be delivered along with this, that your highness must stay and make the Brazilian people happy, the people that want you as their sovereign, without bonds of obedience to the despotic Portuguese courts, who want nothing but the slavery of Brazil and the humiliation of its beloved Prince-Regent.

Stay, 'tis what all asks the magnanimous prince who is your highness, for the pride and happiness of Brazil. And if thee does not stay, rivers of blood will flow, in this great and noble land, so dear to his royal father, who no longer governs in Portugal due to the oppression of the courts, in this land that so esteems your highness and whom your highness esteems so much.
"

The Emperor would pause, looking up at the people, before continuing.

"
This, is the letter that the esteemed Minister José Bonifacio, requested to be delivered to the Prince-Regent, Dom Pedro, who would go on to proclaim, "By my blood, by my honor and my God, I swear to defend the freedom of Brazil. Brazilians, our motto from now on shall be, independence or death!”, the rest, Is history.

However, this monument is not just to celebrate the Sovereignty and Independence of our great empire...but to celebrate, and cherish those who came together to create it, put aside their differences for the greater good of our nation, from the brave men that fought in the hills of Guararapes in 1648, to those who traveled abroad as the Brazilian Expeditionary Force, to fight in the foreign battlefields of Europe in 1944.

Brazil is not a country of multiculturalism, but It's culture and national identity were born from the alliance between the various different peoples that built, fought and died for this great nation, we owe our great empire to them, and we should never, ever, forget their sacrifices, thank you.
"

The Emperor would give the crowd a smile, before stepping back, giving space to the Prime Minister, they cheered and clapped.

"
I'd like to thank all of those who are here present, and to all those who are watching us from the comfort of their homes, the "Parque da Patria" is a gift and a message to the world, the monument is the start of, perhaps the largest, cultural project in Brazil's history."

The Prime Minister would walk over to the table with the Emperor, the two pulling the cloth off of the object to show a large scale model of the Imperial District, renovated completely, the Prime Minister would return to the platform.

"
Yes...the real thing will be a bit bigger." He chuckled before continuing. "To showcase the capabilities of Brazil and to show the world our cultural heritage, we are planning to renovate the entire Imperial District...so this entire area you see around us will be changed and renovated, with beautiful buildings for our institutions and gardens to bring life to the capital, and of course, a Palace worthy of being called "Imperial". We are projecting that such a renovation will greatly increase the tourism in our capital, of course, such a project is not cheap and will require large amounts of funds...funds which we are already using to better the lives of everyone in our country, which means that, unfortunately, we cannot give a proper date to when the renovations shall begin, but we will maintain everyone informed as we make progress with it, thank you very much."

The crowd clapped and cheered, with the inauguration completed, it was hoped that the Parque da Patria would bring more tourists to the Imperial District.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruhlord89