STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: March

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 14/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

IRC | Waters Brothers

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Twin brothers Jack and Ed Waters were both in their racing uniforms and wearing Ray Ban aviators - Jack's were orange, while Ed's were old-school black. They were outside, behind a curtain on a stage in their hometown - Stonewall, Texas. Everything was set up in the field used by the town's highschool track team. The Mayor and just about everyone else in the town of 600 people were sitting outside. Both Jack and Ed were sweating bullets - not really because they were nervous, but because it was nearly ninety degrees outside and they were broiling in their suits.

"Damn Bob for saying we had to wear these things today," Ed said said as he pulled on his collar to try to let some cool air in.
"Bob said some fancy newsmen from Fredericksburg are going to be here - we gotta make mom proud, right little brother?" Jack said as he popped a toothpick between his lips and bit down on it.

"I could almost swear that these boys have been racing cars since they could tie their shoes. Jack, Ed, why don't y'all come on out here. I've been talking these folks to death," their manager, Bob Green said. He was standing on the stage, in front of the racecar which was covered by a white sheet. Both Ed and Jack walked out from behind the curtain to a roaring applause and some overexcited cheers from Jackie Robinson - who was the cheer captain three years ago for her senior year of high school and was now a student at Baylor University - and her friends. Ed waved to the crowd while Jack waved to Jackie.

"Y'all want to say a few words?" Bob asked as he offered the microphone to the brothers.
Jack took the microphone and said, "Ed's always been better with words, I just wanted to say that we're going to go out and win some races for Stonewall and make y'all proud!"
The crowd clapped and cheered more while Jack handed the microphone over to Ed. "I think Jack's just about said it all," he said, smiling. "Thanks to Principal Weber for letting us use the field, and the Mayor for helping organize the fair today. The boys at Exxon, Chevron, Home Depot, and Coca-Cola," he said, briefly looking at each of the patches on Jack's uniform, "gave us enough money so that we can fly to all of these fancy races they have around the world, and of course the race over in Austin. I know you folks can't come with us everywhere, but Ed and I decided to buy one-hundred tickets for anyone in Stonewall that wants to come to Austin and watch us race," he said as the crowd cheered.

"But I guess you folks want to see the car," he said. Ed handed the microphone back to Bob Green and made a fist at his brother, who instantly understood the gesture. In front of everyone, the two did a round of rock paper sizers - Jack won with sizers, and quickly ran over to the sheeted car.
Bob handed the microphone back to Ed, who stood aside as Jack took ahold of the sheet. The photographers and camera crew from the press zoomed in on the car as Jack got ready.
"Ladies and gentlemen," Ed said, "we present to you Toolpusher!"
The sheet was pulled away and the car was revealed for everyone to see. There was more clapping, and anyone who wanted was given the opportunity to come and see the car up close, and get their picture taken with the brothers.

Roughnecks.png

Last edited:

Odinson

GA Member
World Power
Jul 12, 2018
Texas_State_Capitol_Night-620x365.jpg

Jack and Ed had only been to Austin a few times. It felt much like an alien place, especially compared to their hometown of Stonewall. There was so much to see, so much to do, and so many people to meet. The University of Texas was there, along with thousands of young aspiring professionals, as was a lively music and bar scene, as well as the seat of the Texas government. Ed drove his gunsmoke 1985 Chevy Silverado down Congress Avenue and around the Texas Capitol Building - which had purposely been built 15 feet higher than the federal Capitol Building in Washington. He turned on Lavaca Street and went around the massive granite building. On the north side flew just the Texas flag - a constant reminder of the state's past as an independent nation - and on the south flew the American and Texas flags together. He passed by the Governor's Mansion, and then got back onto Congress Avenue to head south towards the Circuit of The Americas. He was carrying some precious cargo, and had promised Jack that he wouldn't make any detours... But he just had to take this scenic route.

About thirty minutes later he arrived to the ranch of he and Jack's mutual friend, who lived south of Austin's airport. It was night time. Jack pulled up to the barn and found his brother working underneath the racecar which was precariously jacked up.

"Were you able to get what I asked for? I have no idea if these city folks even know what a break-pad is," Jack said, his voice echoing through the bowels of the racecar above him.
"Yeah, I found what we need... Stuff is expensive here - it helps that we have this fancy budget. I was actually able to buy name-brand," he said.

Ed brought the items he had purchased next to the car and started to look over the improvements that his brother had managed to make to the car.

"Remember that time I jerry-rigged that breakpad out of a piece of metal from the fence?" Jack asked.
"Yeah," Ed said as he handed over the new pads to his slightly older brother. "I made it less than a mile before Old Blue's tires caught on fire..." he said, quietly thinking about his old truck and what has probably become of her since then.

Not only did they have larger disk radius so that the break pads could apply pressure at a greater radius, but Jack had managed to make some modifications so that they would theoretically have better steering and handling as well. The two brothers ended the night with a shiner, and went to bed so that they could get up early in the morning and bring the car to the track.

New Stats:

Acceleration [ 5 ]
■ Braking [ 3 ] (+1 added)
■ Speed [ 3 ]
■ Maneuverability [ 4] (+1 added)
■ Endurance [ 2 ]

Naio90

Todays Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member