STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

[Israel]: Call to Great Britain

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018

State of Israel
Security Classification: Encrypted

A call would be made to the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence with Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman urgently seeking to speak with his counterpart from the department. A memo had been sent beforehand on an encrypted line mentioning the need to speak with the Secretary of State for Defence with security affairs in the Middle Eastern region spiralling out of control massively.

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
Deputy Prime Minister, Thomas Stone, would be transferred to the call due to the unavailability of the Defence Secretary. Patiently waiting whilst the call was patched through on a private and encrypted line, they were eventually capable of talking. "Good Afternoon" started Mr Stone, "How may I help you?" Adjusting himself in his seat to be more comfortable.

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Ah, Deputy Prime Minister, what a surprise. Thank you for taking my call. I hope everything is okay in the United Kingdom. I heard about the recent tragedy which hit Scotland at the home of Nexus. Things here in the Middle East are spiralling out of control as you know, we're contacting regional partners to gather their response. We decided to make first contact with yourselves with the intention of gathering your response to what happened in the Global Assembly. As you may or may not have heard, Turkey has used very aggressive language in their departure from the Global Assembly which they mentioned a threat of invading Northern Cyprus to liberate Turkish people, the elimination of Kurdish terrorists, and the reclamation of territorial waters unjustly taken by Greece and as you may know, they've conducted a travel ban on many other Arabic regional partners and I just wanted to gather your response because the Turkish regime are hellbent on destroying this region once and for all."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"Ah, yes, Turkey... an interesting situation. At the moment, officially anyway, the government has no response as we are pending the Prime Minister which should be out in the next few hours to host a COBR Meeting to discuss a response. Unofficially... well, I can't say too much yet but for us the concern is surrounding Cyprus. With two Sovereign Base Areas, it becomes a matter of national security and a threat to British Oversea Territories more than trying to police the Middle East. For this reason, I foresee a response that would result in the deployment of resources to the area or an escalation to immediate readiness. That said, we will all hopefully find out more after the meeting a little later today. I am aware Australia has also tried to form a call for a coalition of sorts. Whilst Turkey has made these threats, nothing has actually been carried out yet but preparation is key. It is likely we will be joining the call. What are Israel's plans regarding the matter?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Absolutely, we will offer our full support to the United Kingdom should the Turkish Government decide to launch operations within the territory of Cyprus, they have cut all diplomatic channels between Israel and Turkey and have launched travel bans on Israel, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan so we're currently consulting with our National Security Cabinet to coordinate a response. Israel will be mobilising troops simply as a show of force to deter the Republic of Turkey from attacking. We have preparations to launch Operation Cast Lead which will happen pretty shortly and will be mobilising rapid response fighter jet units and we have some radars mobilised."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We are optimistic that Turkeys threats are nothing more than a threat. An attack on Cyprus wouldn't just be an attack on the United Kingdom which only possesses two sovereign base areas, but the people of Cyprus as well. Moving forces to the region is hopefully enough to deter any form of aggression. May I inquire as to the current situation surrounding Palestine? Naturally, Turkey keep referring to it and their intention to 'free it' but I can't help but see the news about you deploying units to prevent uprisings. Could I have a full run down of the situation?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
The call would be transferred to the office of Deputy Minister of Defence Yoav Segalovich on an encrypted line with the Minister of Defence having to tend to other affairs.

"Deputy Prime Minister, it's a pleasure to speak to you. I'm Deputy Minister Yoav Segalovich and I'll be taking over from Minister Lieberman who's had to attend an important Security Cabinet meeting. We've not deployed any units to Palestine, we've simply deployed police units to Temple Mount which may I remind you is in Jerusalem which is the capital of Israel which first started off as Prime Minister Naftali Bennett visiting the Western Wall which is where Jews pray. This then resulted in a number of local Palestinian youths and young men throwing rocks and stones at our police officers which has then caused us to deploy further police units to support those already in the field.

No Palestinians have been killed, three hundred Jews and Palestinians had been wounded with seventy Israeli policemen also injured. We've stemmed the uprising for now Deputy Prime Minister but we're looking to bring those who started the uprisings to justice. We have our police intelligence services currently scouring through intelligence and interviewing suspects who were found to be in possession of firearms when they were arrested. This is serious Deputy Prime Minister and we will do everything in our power to bring those responsible to justice."

Jamie

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Deputy Prime Minister, you talk about no military movements being made. Well now they have, we've tracked what we presume from the trajectory and markings to be a Turkish F-16 fighter jet which is fully armed making its way towards Israeli airspace. We have mobilised our Northern Air Defence Regiment and have deployed eight armed F-16 fighter jets to intercept the aircraft. We don't know if this is just a show of force or whether they're planning something."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"How many Turkish aircraft, sorry? One?" he asked, finding it unorthodox for a single F-16 to be making such a journey. "I've not heard anything from our bases in Cyprus about it but... then again, there are some teething issues in that department so I can't confirm otherwise. I would suggest that it would be to test Israels response to an incursion but I would advise showing restraint, the last thing we need is for them to go to the news and say Israel shot down an an aircraft, unprovoked. Despite Turkey having done that themselves not long ago..." the Secretary paused, shrugging to himself. "My Government have had a cabinet meeting regarding the brewing tension, we are deploying a Battlegroup to Cyprus and having a fleet ready to respond at Gibraltar. Aside from your own forces, do you have any other parties deploying to Israel to help you? There are considerations for us to offer a flight of aircraft to carry out air policing."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"We feel like it may be a show of authority to test our response, but we can't say no to any theories such as it being a rogue pilot. We have deployed assets to counter this threat but the last I heard from my counterparts is that it was three miles from Israeli airspace so I'll get an update from them shortly. Your air policing sortie would be most welcomed in the region to try and reinstate regional stability. We haven't asked any other country for assistance but we have a Canadian frigate coming to Israel in the coming days or weeks ahead to conduct a port visit, we have received diplomatic support from our Canadian friends."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"We can only hope that the response against Turkey is enough for them to dismiss the thought of taking any physical action. If it did take a turn for the worse, at least a coalition would have forces in place. Other than air policing, is there anything the United Kingdom could do to support and aid your government?"
The visit from a Canadian visit whilst I assume this is not a direct response to Turkey, will hopefully work in our favor to amplify the force that the Turkish Government believes present on their door step. Anything to make the coalition look larger and more intimidating will only be a benefit."

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"Indeed, it was a request from our government to have them invited into the coalition talks because although they claim they don't have much military power at the moment, anything they can provide however big or little will be a boost like you said. I can't think of anything at the moment but we would be interested in putting forward plans for a State of Israel and United Kingdom Intelligence Sharing Agreement."

Jamie

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018
"I have received word that the first aircraft are arriving in Cyprus, this will allow the RAF to coordinate a response to any incursions. With that said, we would need to make sure to communicate and operate together. The last thing we need is an uncoordinated effort with the Israeli and Royal Air Force and there be some form of accident. I believe, once established, the coalition will be suffice to share such intelligence. If you were referring to a wider agreement of sorts, not for this specific situation, I can arrange a separate meeting as that would be out of my capabilities. Understanding your current involvement consisting of deploying your armed forces, are you conducting any form of intelligence gathering in Turkey? Otherwise I'm not sure what intelligence you would be sharing with us?"

Zak

Zak

Kingdom of Spain
GA Member
Jul 1, 2018
"I did mean an agreement on a wider occasion, not specifically just for the coalition. I believe it would allow for our intelligence agencies across both of our countries. I would be happier to speak with the Secretary of State for Defence or another official who would be better suited to discussing this agreement with me as I'm sure that we are on a united front that we both want the best for both of our countries and sharing mutual common goals that would help us into the many years to come."

Jamie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II