STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Italy | Message to Germany

Tim

Kingdom of the Netherlands
Dec 25, 2020
210px-Emblem_of_Italy.svg.png

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Recipient: Klaus Kinkel, Minister of Foreign Affairs Vaka
Subject: Establishing diplomatic bonds

Dear Minister Kinkel,

My name is Lamberto Dini and I am the newly appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs for the Italian Republic. I hope this message finds you and your administration well.
Our administration would like to once again establish formal diplomatic ties between our countries, including opening up talks about trade, visas and the sale or exchange of military equipment.

On the topic of trade, we would like to set up a trade route as our country is interested in importing the following products from Germany: Motor Vehicles, Computer and Electronic Products, and Medical Instruments. I would like to know which resources Germany is interested in importing from Italy, if any at all, so we can discuss the logistical possibilities of such a trade route.

In order to encourage tourism between our beautiful countries I would like to propose the possibility of allowing our citizens on-airport tourist visas so they can easily travel without having to apply for visas long in advance.

And lastly, our country is interested in acquiring some German made military products and was wondering if there are any Italian made products your country is interested in so we could possibly strike a favourable trade deal, ensuring us both a favourable price.

Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Minister of Foreign Affairs
Italian Republic

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

1000px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png

1280px-Ausw%C3%A4rtiges_Amt_Logo.svg.png

1097px-Bundesadler_Bundesorgane.svg.png

To: Lamberto Dini, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Cc: Helmut Kohl

Subject: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

Security Level: Private and Encrypted
Greetings Lamberto Dini,

My name is Klaus Kinkel. I am the Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs to the Federal Republic of Germany. I am delighted to hear from your office. Let me be the first to congratulate your administration on its recent election win. We now believe Italy is in the hands of capable leadership and are excited to reestablish formal relations. We hold European diplomatic relations and with that, European stability to be at the top of our priorities list. I want to keep our respective foreign relations departments in close contact with one another in an effort to continue talks concerning trade, visas, and military acquisitions.

Lets start with trade. You suggested in your previous email about importing certain products from some of our companies. They are extremely interested in entering the Italian market. Our citizens also have a want for goods coming from certain Italian companies. We feel that the best way to meet both of these demands is to draw up a product for product trade between our two nations. We can provide the vessels who can deliver the goods from Germany and then reload with goods from Italy bound for Germany. This plan will limit the shipping to three German produced vessels maximizing efficiency and limiting effects on the environment. We are interested in importing from Italy the following; Pharmaceuticals, Vehicles and Vehicle Parts, and Industrial machinery. I have had our Ministry of Economics put together a rough draft of the initial trade agreement. Please let me know what you think of the agreement.

German-Italian Formation and Creation of Trade Routes

The Federal Republic of Germany and The Italian Republic will create [3] sea trade routes between themselves, and ensure their security and cargo. Both Nations shall pledge that the following resources will be provided [Weekly] upon arrival of said trade routes. These trade routes will be considered a mutual trading of resource for resources and no export tariffs will be due upon arrival. 3 Vessels of the Hapag-Lloyd Dalian Express-Class will be constructed in The Port of Hamburg,

The Republic of Germany will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Motor Vehicles
  2. Computer and Electronic Products
  3. Medical Instruments
The Italian Republic will provide a fully loaded cargo, towards the assigned Trade Vessels, the following resources;
  1. Pharmaceuticals
  2. Vehicles and Vehicle Parts
  3. Industrial Machinery

Signed by; Günter Rexrodt
Minister of Economics for The Federal Republic of Germany

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Klaus Kinkel
Vice Chancellor and Minister of Foreign Affairs
Federal Republic of Germany
788px-Coat_of_arms_of_Germany.svg.png

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Kinkel,

Thank you very much for your kind words towards our administration, we too hope for a stable ruling of Italy during this legislature.

The proposed trade deal sent looks very good. Provided the Port of Hamburg is also the port that will be used for the shipment the route between it and the Port of Gioia Tauro will be as following: JO > IO > IN > IM > JM.
We are very thankful for your administration taking care of the production of the vessels and are willing to provide part of the funding if your administration would accept that.
I believe that is all for the trade route, but if you find any information missing or want to discuss anything else feel free to do so, otherwise our administrations can finalize the agreement and get started on preparing the trade route.

Next on our list was the purchase of military vehicles. Our administration is interested in buying some German made artillery and engineering vehicles. As I stated in my first mail our administration would like to know if there are any Italian made products, such as those produced by Finmeccanica, AgustaWestland, IVECO or Fincantieri so we could work out and exchange in which we both get a favourable price on these products. If there are Italian products your administration is interested in, or you would like to know more specifically which equipment Italy is interested in please let me know so we can discuss in more detail.

Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Italian Republic

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

To: Lamberto Dini, Minister of Foreign Affairs Tim

Subject: Re:Establishing Diplomatic Relations

Greetings Again Lamberto Dini,

The trade deal looks to be in order. I have notified our Hapag-Lloyd dockyards about the purchase of three Hapag-Lloyd Dalian Express-Class cargo vessels for these trade routes. I was notified earlier this morning that the vessels have already began production. Once they have been completed, I will then notify the international maritime authorities of the new trade routes (OOC: I will fill out the New Trade Route Form on the website). We do appreciate the offer of helping to pay for the costs of production, but that will not be necessary. We are happy to cover the costs in an effort to bring our two peoples closer together. I do hope that with these new trade routes, will not only help the companies from each of our respective countries involved, but bring our two nations close together as well. With the trade talks finished for the moment, let us move on to Military Procurement.

The defense industry in Germany is controlled under the umbrella of the state owned GDE (German Defense Exports). They maintain a website that offers most of the defensive systems that have been approved for export to other nations. There are a few items that are not available to be listed online for security purposes along with other international agreements currently held. We have in the past made available special pricing to partner nations. These prices would be much lower than are available online and would need to be kept private as to not offend pricing we might have given to another customer. With that being said, we are currently seeking the procurement of a few items.

Firstly, we are looking for various types of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. We would like these UAVs to be manly for surveillance but would also like the ability to have a class that could perform offensive operations as well. I'm embarrassed to say that German UAV technology is seriously lacking behind other nations. We are looking to other nations defense departments for a way to fill the gap left in our aerospace programs.

Secondly, previous administrations of the Federal Republic of Germany saw it fit to sell the away our main provider of logistical trucks, MAN SE. This has left us with trying to press fit certain models of Mercedes Trucks into a role in which they were not designed. Our defense industry is currently looking for a mainline supplier of various types of Logistical Cargo trucks. We are looking to buy very large quantities of these products. We know that IVECO is an internationally recognized and respected brand of Truck builders. We would like to have a listing of the Logistical options that IVECO has to offer. We are looking for following cargo truck types.

Medium Tactical Cargo Trucks with High off Road Capabilities in 4x4 and 6x6 varieties with payloads of 2.5 tons and 5 tons.
Heavy Tactical Cargo Trucks with High off Road Capabilities in an 8x8 configuration with payloads of 10-15 tons.
Tactical Tanker with High off Road Capabilities with at least a Capacity to store 9000 liters of fuel.
5 Ton Wrecker with High off Road Capabilities.
Medium Tactical Troop Transport Truck with the ability to carry at least 25 Passengers.

We can cover the smaller trucks with the products that Mercedes has to offer, but trucks of the larger variety will have to be sourced from other nations. We would like to look at any offers on any of the vehicles we might be looking for. If special pricing can be put together from the Italian Defense department, GDE would be happy to offer special pricing on any artillery and engineering vehicles you might need. What specifically in these categories are you looking for? We would be happy to go through our entire catalog to insure you get the exact product you need.

I look forward to our next communication.

Regards,
Klaus Kinkel

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Kinkel,

On behalf of our administration, thank you very much for fulfilling the costs of the vessels. All the companies I spoke with are very happy with the deal, having had an increasing interest in German products from the population and being able to sell their products abroad.

Our Italian market for UAVs is also very sparsely populated, however some additional projects are in the work but these could take years, potentially up to a decade. Two of the drones currently up for offer are the MIRACH 100/5 and the older Mirach 26 produced by Selex EX, a subsidiary of Finmeccanica, however we do not have accurate prices of these available A price request needs to be done, so please let me know if you are interested in either of these products so I can get in contact with Finmeccanica.

IVECO indeed has a very large amount of logistical trucks, and with these high quantities you described will be able to provide them at a much lower rate than usually. Attached is a list provided by IVECO for each category. Some categories did not have a perfect fit that conformed to all specifications but nonetheless an alternative was offered. Please let me know which products your government is interested in acquiring and at what quantities.

For our Armed Forces Italy is interested in acquiring the following equipment, or any alternative thereof in case of unavailability:
[100] Panzerhaubitze 2000
[100] Bergepanzer 3
[40] Pionierpanzer 2 Dachs
[60] Biber Armored Bridge Layer (Beaver)
[3] Dornier Do 228

Please let us know if all this equipment is available for purchase. Once we both have finalized the quantity and specific equipment we want to exchange we can determine a fair margin for the exchange.

Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Italian Republic

Medium Tactical Cargo Trucks with High off Road Capabilities in 4x4 and 6x6 varieties with payloads of 2.5 tons and 5 tons
Medium Tactical Troop Transport Truck with the ability to carry at least 25 Passengers.
Iveco ACTL 4x4; can carry about 7 tons; can be fitted with chairs for troop transport
Iveco ACTL 6x6; can carry about 12 tons; can be fitted with chairs for troop transport Exact amount of troops could not be found
Fiat-Iveco 90.17 WM Class 4x4; can carry up to 18 troops seated.

Heavy Tactical Cargo Trucks with High off Road Capabilities in an 8x8 configuration with payloads of 10-15 tons
Iveco M320 Heavy High Mobility Truck; seats 4, payload up to 17 tons. (This product is not ready for production. Production can start on January 1st 1998 at the earliest. Entered service 2003, 1 OOC month waiting)

Tactical Tanker with High off Road Capabilities with at least a Capacity to store 9000 liters of fuel.
Iveco ACTL 6x6; 8.000 liters of fuel.

5 Ton Wrecker with High off Road Capabilities.;
Iveco 410E42 8x8 recovery truck; can lift up to 12.5 tons.

Last edited:

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

Subject:Re:Re:Establishing Diplomatic Relations

I have met with our defense department contractors earlier this week in a effort to secure the Italian Republic the best pricing on the listed pieces of equipment. I'm pleased to offer you the following prices on each of the following items you listed in our previous email.

Panzerhaubitze 2000 @ $5,957,723.28 per unit.
Bergepanzer 3 @ $1,595,000.00 per unit.
Pionierpanzer 2 Dachs @ $2,255,000.00 per unit.
Biber Armored Bridge Layer @ $1,210,000.00 per unit.
Dornier Do 228 @ $9,570,000.00 per unit.

Going through our last email and looking through the Iveco Catalog, we would like to request special pricing on the following items. I'm aware that some of these items are not currently in production but we would like to get the pricing in now in an effort to start placing orders as soon as we enter the new year!

Iveco M170
Iveco 410E42 8x8 Recovery Truck
Iveco ATCL 6x6
Iveco ATCL 6x6 Tanker
Iveco M320

Like I said in our previous email, we are looking to purchase very large quantities of these products and would like to make Iveco our main supplier of heavy cargo trucks. I do not mind going back to our defense contractors and requesting more special pricing on any other equipment you might be interested in.

I look forward to our next communication!

Regards,
Klaus Kinkel

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Recipient: Klaus Kinkel, Minister of Foreign Affairs < Vaka >
Subject: RE: Establishing diplomatic bonds

Dear Minister Kinkel,

We find these prices all acceptable and are willing to go through with the order as following:
[100] Panzerhaubitze 2000 $595,772,328.00
[100] Bergepanzer 3$159,500,000.00
[40] Pionierpanzer 2 Dachs $90,200,000.00
[60] Biber Armored Bridge Layer (Beaver) $72,600,000.00
[3] Dornier Do 228 $28,710,000.00
[TOTAL] $946,782,328.00

Please let me know if this figure is correct so we can transfer the funds as soon as possible.

As for the prices you requested, here they are per unit:
[1] Iveco M170 $27,641.90
[1] Iveco 410E42 8x8 Recovery Truck $66,362.24
[1] Iveco ATCL 6x6 $167,970.00
[1] Iveco ATCL 6x6 Tanker $167,970.00
[1] Iveco M320 $40,154.40 (Production from 1998)

If you already want to make an order now, please let us know so we can start production as soon as possible and perhaps calculate the cost of the purchase of German equipment into one transfer. If you would rather place the order when all products can be produced at once that is of course understandable.

Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Italian Republic

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

Subject:Re:Re:Re:Establishing Diplomatic Relations

I have received your order totaling $946,782,328.00. I will send word to our defense manufacturers to begin production as soon as payment has been received. I do believe you will be please with your purchase. All of the products have been rigorously tested in the field and are among some of our best defense exports. If you require additional units to be made in the future, please do not hesitate to email me and I will get a new order together for you as soon as possible. In regards to out order from your defense ministry, we have put together a order for your approval.

[2000] Iveco M170 $27,641.90 @ 55,283,800
[300] Iveco 410E42 8x8 Recovery Truck $19,908,672.00
[1000] Iveco ATCL 6x6 @ $167,970,000.00
[1000] Iveco ATCL 6x6 Tanker @ 167,970,000.00

Total: $411,132,472.00

We are prepared to transfer payment as soon as you approve the amount. We do have a request for the order if it is possible to accommodate. We are going to need some of these vehicles in the near future. We would ask that these productions be done in four waves. We will pay the full amount upfront, but we ask that the production be completed as follows. We do understand that this will create more paper work on the front end. We do not mind paying an additional charge for the added difficulty added to the order. (OOC: If you order this many vehicles all at one time its gonna take almost 2 years to complete. Breaking it up will at least make some of them available in a reasonable amount of time. Basically do the first production order, wait for it to complete then do the next one.)

First Production
[500] Iveco M170
[75] Iveco 410E42 8x8 Recovery Truck
[250] Iveco ATCL 6x6
[250] Iveco ATCL 6x6 Tanker

Second Production
[500] Iveco M170
[250] Iveco ATCL 6x6

Third Production
[500] Iveco M170
[250] Iveco ATCL 6x6

Fourth Production
[500] Iveco M170
[250] Iveco ATCL 6x6

I look forward to our next communication!

Best Regards,
Klaus Kinkel

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Kinkel,

The funds for the arms purchase have been transferred. We are able to produce the order in four batches but we will require an extra fee of 10% for the extra logistical costs of arranging shipping four times instead of one. This gets the total to be $452,245,719.53 to be paid upfront. Once we have received the money we will begin production for the first batch. As for the next batches, the second batch will then be produced upon completion of the entire first batch.

It would also be possible for us to change the batches a bit so they all contain up to 500 of one product so they are all done at the same time. (300 for the recovery truck as that is the total). By doing this the Iveco M170 still takes 4 batches, the Recovery Truck is completed after the first batch, and the ACTL 6x6 variants are both done in 2 batches. Please let me know what has your preference.

Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
Italian Republic

Vaka

The Kingdom of Norway
GA Member
Sep 26, 2020

Subject:Re:Re:Re: Establishing Diplomatic Relations

We have received payment and production has began on your order. As for the order we placed for the Iveco Equipment. We completely understand the added cost and have no objections. We agree to the new production time table. We will have the funds transferred at once.

Regards,
Klaus Kinkel

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Dear Minister Kinkel,

I am very glad that we were able to reach agreements on trade in such a swift manner.

Another topic that I mentioned earlier was visa's. In order to encourage tourism between countries Italy is looking to expand its visa's on arrival program to allow tourists the opportunity to travel without having to go through the hassle of acquiring a visa before departure through the embassies. During holiday seasons this will relieve the embassies from the large workload that can be associated with visa's. On arrival passengers are required to present a passport, and border agents can ask for more information about the stay but this is left to their expertise. I hope this is something that you are willing to discuss.
Yours Sincerely,

Lamberto Dini

Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
Italian Republic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaiser Willheim II