STATISTICS

Start Year: 1995
Current Year: 2004

Month: April

2 Weeks is 1 Month
Next Month: 28/04/2024

OUR STAFF

Administration Team

Administrators are in-charge of the forums overall, ensuring it remains updated, fresh and constantly growing.

Administrator: Jamie
Administrator: Hollie

Community Support

Moderators support the Administration Team, assisting with a variety of tasks whilst remaining a liason, a link between Roleplayers and the Staff Team.

Moderator: Connor
Moderator: Odinson
Moderator: Vacant

Have a Question?
Open a Support Ticket

AFFILIATIONS

RPG-D

Italy | Message to NEXUS

Tim

Kingdom of the Netherlands
Dec 25, 2020
210px-Emblem_of_Italy.svg.png

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Recipient: NEXUS LIMITED < Jamie >
Subject: Procurement of the AW101

To whom it may concern,

As you might be aware recently the production of the AgustaWestland AW101 was blocked by your cooperation due to Italy not having the rights to produce this equipment. I want to apologize on behalf of our administration for this event as we were not fully aware of the lack of production rights. We are aware that your cooperation is a majority shareholder of Alenia Aermacchi but we are not fully aware of any additional shares of individual (formerly Italian) products that your company has. Could you please inform us of these products so we know for which products we need to contact you.

As for the procurement of the AW101, and potential other products that your cooperation has the legal right to, I would like to inquire about the possibilities of purchasing these products in large quantities for a possible discount or other possible arrangements that could be made in regards to the acquisition of products or domestic production rights.

Yours Sincerely,

Beniamio Andreatta

Minister of Defence
Italian Republic

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

NEXUS

XBAE SYSTEMSX

EUROPEAN LAND SYSTEMS

MAN SE

ALENIA AERMACCHI

FORCE PROTECTION EUROPE

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

XPrivate ProcurementX

Good Evening,

Thank you very much for your email. I have reviewed the case file specified in relation to the blocking of parts for the attempted
build of the AgustaWestland AW101 and compiled the information requested. Nexus Group, popularly hired as the British
Governments major defence contractor, owns a substantial amount of shares and individual products based around the needs of
the British Army. I have compiled some items below which I believe may be of greater impact, some are in development whereas
others, in service:

• AgustaWestland AW101 +Variants
  • AgustaWestland AW159 Wildcat +Variants
  • AgustaWestland Apache +Variants
  • AgustaWestland Lynx +Variants

These are only some of the many products we manufacture; with Nexus Group containing:

• BAE Systems
  • General Dynamics European Land Systems
  • Alenia Aermacchi
  • Force Protection Europe
  • MAN SE
  • Rolls-Royce Motor Cars
  • United Shipbuilding Corporation
  • Russian Helicopters JSC

Naturally, it would not be viable to list each product but if you do have any concerns about a specific one, please do let me know.

We are always open to negotiation to any country that may want to procure goods, however, I am unable to guarantee the sale
of any one product. Although private, we are contracted by the United Kingdom as the main defence contractor, but I will do
my best.

The AgustaWestland AW101, commonly known as 'Merlin' is still currently in a development phase with the intention of entering
service with the British Armed Forces over the next couple of years. In light of this, we won't be able to mark an immediate sale
of the item but perhaps an opportunity to enter negotiation with the UK Government to discuss a joint venture regarding the
AW101; equally, this may be possible for other products too. Any equipment that is due to enter service with Britain is likely
to not be sold until it enters service, or a deal has been arranged.

Alternatively, until then, there are other options that are actively seeing deployments in theatre such as the Sea King Helicopters,
currently used by the UK Armed Forces thus may serve as a stepping stone to join ventures for the AW101.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Kind Regards,
Amy Templeton,
Administrator

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Subject: RE: Procurement of the AW101

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for listing the concerned products and your subsidiaries. Am I correct that with BAE Systems and Alenia Aermacchi NEXUS also has sole production rights to the following products:
  • Eurofighter Typhoon
  • Panavia Tornado

As for the joint venture regarding the AW101, this is certainly something our administration is interested in looking into. Although Italy is mainly looking for acquiring the AW101 for personal use we know that this very versatile helicopter could be a great addition to our export market. Do you have any information for me as to what such a joint venture would entail, specifically in costs and conditions.

The two products I mentioned before, including the Eurofighter Typhoon which is still in final development if I am correct, are both something we are interested in acquiring for our Air Force in the soon future, but I will wait for confirmation if they are part of NEXUS' catalogue. If you could give any further information regarding these products already (possibility of sales, limits, et cetera) that would be very welcome. Finally we are looking to purchase 13 modified Aermacchi MB-339, equipped with smoke generators and without the tip tanks for use with our aerobatic team.

I look forward to any information you have regarding these three products and regarding the AW101.

Yours Sincerely,

Beniamio Andreatta

Minister of Defence
Italian Republic

Jamie

Admin
GA Member
World Power
Jan 6, 2018

NEXUS

XBAE SYSTEMSX

EUROPEAN LAND SYSTEMS

MAN SE

ALENIA AERMACCHI

FORCE PROTECTION EUROPE

XPrivate ProcurementX

Good Evening,

I can confirm that the Eurofighter Typhoon and Panavia Tornado are solely managed by Nexus Group.
The Eurofighter Typhoon, not unlike the AW101, is in the pipeline for the British Armed Forces thus is not for current
negotiation for sale. However, the Tornado is actively sold by Nexus on our Catalogue.

The terms of a joint venture is not something Nexus Group could give an insight too. We would
recommend contacting the British Government for such discussion.

As for the Aermacchi MB-339, we are happy for you to domestically produce 13 of the item
and would not seek to actively interrupt that. Granting you the Domestic Production Rights
to complete these 13 items.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, please let me know and I will do my best to answer.

Kind Regards,
Amy Templeton,
Administrator

Tim

Tim

Dec 25, 2020

Italian Republic

Private & Encrypted

Subject: RE: Procurement of the AW101

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your confirmation regarding these two aircraft. We will contact your sales division through the regular channels for procurement of the Panavia Tornado.

My ministry will contact the British Government regarding the possible Joint Venture.

As for the Eurofighter Typhoon, could you give us any information regarding a potential timeframe for when it will be available for export, or do you not have any clear information regarding that? And for the Aermacchi MB-339, we are very grateful for allowing us this Domestic Production Rights to complete these 13 units for our aerobatics team.

Yours Sincerely,

Beniamio Andreatta

Minister of Defence
Italian Republic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jvasa